+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 213 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5323

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    At first, thats what I thought. But from one replay it looked like jeff hit him.
    Still, a big bump. The gimicked stage had already been broken.
    LOL, i was reading that they are debuting a new Raw stage next week, which explains HHH destroying the minitron
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Hardy is certifiable....last weeks Whisper in the Wind off the top of the cage was just sick, and this one wasnt too shabby either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Hardy has always been over but his mix in the jump tonight and the fans hatred for Orton, the perfect heel, and I don't think Hardy has received such a response from the fans in a few years.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    Hardy has always been over but his mix in the jump tonight and the fans hatred for Orton, the perfect heel, and I don't think Hardy has received such a response from the fans in a few years.
    I'm still in awe over that bump that Hardy took. I was bugging when he went to the first scaffold, and once he went to the second I was almost scared and did a Sign of the Cross for the guy. I was hoping for a legdrop but he did the Swanton. I just didn't want him getting hurt because (as unlikely as it is) I would like to see him become WWE Champ, and since he's still IC Champ I doubt it'll happen. Plus I'd like him healthy to wrestle at Wrestlemania 24.

I heard there was going to be a new Raw stage. Not bad. As far as WWE HD goes, I don't think Bright House carries USA HD. Which really sucks. I'll have to check later because I could be wrong.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

I don't think USA HD launched yet, I think RAW is going to be it's first HD broadcast. I hope cablevision will carry it.

NYYF Legend

I don't think USA HD launched yet, I think RAW is going to be it's first HD broadcast. I hope cablevision will carry it.
    DirecTV has a USA HD channel now, but I don't know how many of the shows are actually in HD.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan
    DirecTV has a USA HD channel now, but I don't know how many of the shows are actually in HD.
    I can't imagine a lot of shows being in HD other then wrestling and The US Open....maybe new episodes of Monk.

I hope cablevision carries the HD station though....and that was a pretty sick bump Hardy too last night.

NYYF Legend

Damn. At first I thought it'd somehow show WWE HD on the regular networks, meaning I could still get RAW HD on regular USA since I have an HDTV. Stupid thought. At least I'll be able to see Smackdown HD.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic

So I scored Royal Rumble tickets today....I'm psyched. This will be the 5th PPV I've attended at MSG (Wrestlemania 10, Summerslam 1998, Royal Rumble 2000, WM 20 and now RR 2007)

Should be a good PPV. I really think both title matches will be real good. Of course the Rumble itself is always entertaining....and the MSG crowd is always awesome.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    So I scored Royal Rumble tickets today....I'm psyched. This will be the 5th PPV I've attended at MSG (Wrestlemania 10, Summerslam 1998, Royal Rumble 2000, WM 20 and now RR 2007)

Should be a good PPV. I really think both title matches will be real good. Of course the Rumble itself is always entertaining....and the MSG crowd is always awesome.
    Bad ass! I just got my WM tickets in the mail last night. I was freeeeaking out. Still can't believe I have them. I'm ordering the Rumble unless I can find one of those Blast Areas and can go with a couple of buddies to eat and watch it or whatever. I'd rather just stay home and enjoy it on my couch. Probably bring my little cousin over too since he's 9 and literally JUST getting into wrestling and just getting to understand how big Wrestlemania really is as he's tagging along with me. His favorite wrestlers (as of right now) according to him are Jeff Hardy and Bobby Lashley. Though I showed him some matches off the Heartbreak and Triumph DVD and he seemed in awe (ex: "WHOA!", "Did you see that? Angel, look!!") HBK's moveset. He really enjoyed the Royal Rumble when he entered #1, and almost was eliminated by Davey Boy, but pulled himself up and back in the ring only to eliminate Bulldog and win the match. I think that's what really hooked him and will make him want to see this year's Rumble as well.

Back to your luck with the tickets though! The Royal Rumble....wow. As unlikely as I think it is....you just MIGHT see Jeff Hardy win the title, because they can probably make it into a feud that lasts into Wrestlemania. Regardless the Rumble's card looks really good and like you said, the over the top match itself is going to be a sight to see. I wonder what surprises are in store....hmmm......
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

Oh...earlier tonight I tried watching TNA Global Impact. I lasted a good 15 minutes. It's not as entertaining as it used to be, though I still like some of the talent they have. -sigh- Why did Captain Charisma HAVE to go?
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

I'm so stuck in wrestling/baseball mode I just keep thinking of what to change my avatar to AGAIN. It's driving me insane.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

oh nice should be a good show. I think i'm going to order the PPV, I think it will be in HD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    Bad ass! I just got my WM tickets in the mail last night. I was freeeeaking out. Still can't believe I have them. I'm ordering the Rumble unless I can find one of those Blast Areas and can go with a couple of buddies to eat and watch it or whatever. I'd rather just stay home and enjoy it on my couch. Probably bring my little cousin over too since he's 9 and literally JUST getting into wrestling and just getting to understand how big Wrestlemania really is as he's tagging along with me. His favorite wrestlers (as of right now) according to him are Jeff Hardy and Bobby Lashley. Though I showed him some matches off the Heartbreak and Triumph DVD and he seemed in awe (ex: "WHOA!", "Did you see that? Angel, look!!") HBK's moveset. He really enjoyed the Royal Rumble when he entered #1, and almost was eliminated by Davey Boy, but pulled himself up and back in the ring only to eliminate Bulldog and win the match. I think that's what really hooked him and will make him want to see this year's Rumble as well.

Back to your luck with the tickets though! The Royal Rumble....wow. As unlikely as I think it is....you just MIGHT see Jeff Hardy win the title, because they can probably make it into a feud that lasts into Wrestlemania. Regardless the Rumble's card looks really good and like you said, the over the top match itself is going to be a sight to see. I wonder what surprises are in store....hmmm......
    I'm almost as big of an HBK fan as you....I have to say I think one of his most underrated matches was his match with Mankind at Mind Games (I think that was on his 1st DVD)--thats really a classic to watch two contrasting styles work together and put on a great match. You should show your cousin last years Rumble--watching HBK and Taker work together for the last 10 minutes was awesome..probably the best 10 minutes of wrestling in 2007.

I'm excited just to see Jeff Hardy in a main event, and even more so to see him getting a legit push. I was worried they would just half ass it...but they are really making him look strong. Clean win over Umaga and getting the best of Orton alot lately. I'm not sure if they will actually give him the belt but they are making this match feel important--and thats good enough for me. Edge-Mysterio should be good too.

I was hoping they would keep Hunter out of the Rumble--with him being back in there it takes alot of the intrigue away from it...he almost certainly will win. Without him in there, I was thinking about who could possibly win--and there really wasnt a clear cut choice...a few possibilities but there was alot of mystery.

What is Hornswoggle won the Rumble? I mean, I can see it happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

I'm almost as big of an HBK fan as you....I have to say I think one of his most underrated matches was his match with Mankind at Mind Games (I think that was on his 1st DVD)--thats really a classic to watch two contrasting styles work together and put on a great match. You should show your cousin last years Rumble--watching HBK and Taker work together for the last 10 minutes was awesome..probably the best 10 minutes of wrestling in 2007.

I'm excited just to see Jeff Hardy in a main event, and even more so to see him getting a legit push. I was worried they would just half ass it...but they are really making him look strong. Clean win over Umaga and getting the best of Orton alot lately. I'm not sure if they will actually give him the belt but they are making this match feel important--and thats good enough for me. Edge-Mysterio should be good too.

I was hoping they would keep Hunter out of the Rumble--with him being back in there it takes alot of the intrigue away from it...he almost certainly will win. Without him in there, I was thinking about who could possibly win--and there really wasnt a clear cut choice...a few possibilities but there was alot of mystery.
    Oh yeah. Thing is with last year's Rumble is you're taking the two longest tenured workers in the company. Two guys who almost certainly have the utmost respect for one another in terms of talent and whatnot. Makes me wonder if their exchanges for those last 10 minutes were choreographed or not.

I agree. Jeff Hardy is getting the push of a lifetime and is earning it too. He does high spots on Raw that others would only attempt at one of the big PPVs if they'd attempt them at all. He's getting excruciatingly huge pops from the crowd and if he won the title, or even was close....what are the odds that Jeff is in a main event at Wrestlemania and actually wins the strap? Something I've been wondering since Raw.

Hunter. Hunter, Hunter, Hunter. I KNEW this was coming. I think I posted something that said "assuming he stays out of the Rumble" a little bit ago. I've been thinking about his mystery opponent on Monday and have thought of two people. Ric Flair and Big Show. Now for anyone with spoilers PLEASE censor them, but otherwise....I really hope he doesn't win the Rumble. Then again he might make the final 4 and get eliminated. Just when you think you know what's going to happen WWE Creative pulls a fast one and surprises you every once in a while. I've been in full wrestling mode for a while and will post pics of my favorite wrestlers as avatars from now until Wrestlemania, which is when I'll post one of my favorite HBK pics. Don't know why, I just feel like doing it.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    What is Hornswoggle won the Rumble? I mean, I can see it happen
    If Hornswoggle won I'd be pissed. It'd be like WCW.

I'm going to see if tickets are released for the Hall of Fame ceremony....
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

I looked and couldn't find anything. Any word on Cablevision getting USAHD tomorrow?

NYYF Legend

I need to get paid....I just found out that RAW will be live the day after Wrestlemania in Orlando at Amway Arena. Basically, RAW just knocked the idea of Hall of Fame tickets out of my mind. Especially since I believe the WWE HOF is the day of Wrestlemania and I'd have a hard time finding good parking for 'Mania if I get there too late.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

I'm anticipating the new set tomorrow for RAW HD more than any storyline in a while. That's pretty sad.

I read a few days ago that they're dumping the TitanTron. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks
    I'm anticipating the new set tomorrow for RAW HD more than any storyline in a while. That's pretty sad.
    Same here. I usually have RAW on in the background and onyl pay attention during certain parts. I'm actually worried that cablevision won't be carrying USA in HD. I read the "offical" launch of USA in HD is tomorrow, though DirectTV has been carrying it since the fall.

NYYF Legend

Same here. I usually have RAW on in the background and onyl pay attention during certain parts. I'm actually worried that cablevision won't be carrying USA in HD. I read the "offical" launch of USA in HD is tomorrow, though DirectTV has been carrying it since the fall.
    Official launch of USA HD? Technically its Monday so I'm going to check and see if we carry it.............nope. At least not now. Seeing the Titantron gone would be weird...though I thought that was only for the new Smackdown set. I suppose we'll find out. And when I feel like complaining about storylines, I always think back to the McMahons vs HBK and God. Which was more or less a handicap match with the stupidest buildup ever. And I remember things could be way worse.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

http://wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=202782069

"Reset" for the set and more

Say goodbye to the iconic Raw TitanTron, as well as the SmackDown fist and mirrors. They’ve seen their last television tapings.

To take full advantage of the high-definition platform, a radically redesigned entrance set will be shared by all three of WWE's signature shows. Exact details regarding the set will remain top-secret until Raw’s is unveiled Monday night. However, a shoot in Florida last November brought all the Superstars together to record the new show openings in HD. Additionally, new intros and graphics for Raw, SmackDown, ECW and pay-per-view events are rumored to feature some 3-D elements.

"There will be several video elements that will be pretty slick,” Grossman asserted. "It will be a whole new show. It's going to be spectacular."

NYYF Legend

I'm really looking forward to seeing the set.

So whats supposed to happen, at 9 suddenly channel 738 (or whatever it's going to be) will kick in? I guess we won't be able to DVR it.

FAQ on how to get WWE HD:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/wwehdfaqs
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Thread Information