+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 213 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5323
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Anyone notice the picture of Elton John in Regals locker room?
    I always liked the spin the wheel thing. I'm sure it's rigged though

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    Anyone notice the picture of Elton John in Regals locker room?
    I always liked the spin the wheel thing. I'm sure it's rigged though
    I saw a TLC match on the wheel--I doubt we'll see it but it'd be cool. Last one IIRC was Cena-Edge in 2006.

NYYF Legend

Noticed a cage above the ring. I doubt they would waste time setting up the cage on the oft chance they it lands on the wheel.
    I like this trading places match, they should've done a tag-match so we could see more people dressed up.

NYYF Legend

that was a crazy dive Hardy took off the top of the cage.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    He did job to the Rock....but all he talks about is how he "showed" the Rock up by stealing the crowd as a heel and turning everyone against the Rock.

At SS a few years ago he had problems working for Michaels too. The 1-month HBK heel turn had alot of shoot type elements involved in it...cuz HBK just did not like playing politics with Hogan. Its the same reason why the oft mentioned Austin-Hogan match has and will never happen---Austin refuses to play Hogan's games.
    HBK has always been said to be the type of guy that'd do anything for the company, so I see why for once he did lay down for someone. The fact is he shouldn't have. Austin is a badass and I'm glad he's not interested in Hogan's garbage. By the way, those "shoot" elements of Michaels' heel turn were great. As cornball as that Larry King "Brother" skit was, the stuff he was saying was spot-on and awesome. But apparently he asked Hogan beforehand if he could say that stuff, which kind of takes away from HBK's badassness for that promo lol
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    that was a crazy dive Hardy took off the top of the cage.
    Dude. That Whisper in the Wind was insane. All I was thinking was "he's going to jump" when he climbed, and I hoped that he'd land right. I don't want him getting injured now that he's getting a great push and getting way super over. Now that I think of it, both Hardys have always been way over. Too bad Matt's appendix burst, hopefully they'll use him right when he comes back.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    Dude. That Whisper in the Wind was insane. All I was thinking was "he's going to jump" when he climbed, and I hoped that he'd land right. I don't want him getting injured now that he's getting a great push and getting way super over. Now that I think of it, both Hardys have always been way over. Too bad Matt's appendix burst, hopefully they'll use him right when he comes back.

I thought for sure he was gonna leap from the top of the cage and cross-body Orton
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

HBK has always been said to be the type of guy that'd do anything for the company, so I see why for once he did lay down for someone. The fact is he shouldn't have. Austin is a badass and I'm glad he's not interested in Hogan's garbage. By the way, those "shoot" elements of Michaels' heel turn were great. As cornball as that Larry King "Brother" skit was, the stuff he was saying was spot-on and awesome. But apparently he asked Hogan beforehand if he could say that stuff, which kind of takes away from HBK's badassness for that promo lol
    That short-lived heel turn was HBK's best work since he came back. The Larry King stuff was great...even more so for the internet smarks like us cuz we know alot of what he said is the truth.

He also had a phenomenal promo at the Raw right before SS---which happened to be in Montreal. He tore into the crowd good, bashed Bret Hart, they faked Bret coming out by playing his music--HBK had them eating out of the palm of his hand. One of the best promos I've ever seen.

He's always been at his best as a heel

The Big Show has agreed to return to the WWE. Hopefully he is put on Smackdown as there is too much talent already on RAW.

Any NY'ers going to Royal Rumble in MSG? I don't know if I should sell my pair of tickets and keep the money since I haven't watched wrestling regularly for a while but it is the Royal Rumble..
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    The Big Show has agreed to return to the WWE. Hopefully he is put on Smackdown as there is too much talent already on RAW.
    Really? I thought he was retiring due to injury... Since I've "rediscovered" my love for wrestling, I've gone out of my way to make sure that Smackdown and even ECW gets recorded so I can watch them. If Show goes to Smackdown then he should be instantly in A title picture, not necessarily the World Title, but just a good feud so they won't stick him in a program with Khali.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22
    Any NY'ers going to Royal Rumble in MSG? I don't know if I should sell my pair of tickets and keep the money since I haven't watched wrestling regularly for a while but it is the Royal Rumble..
    If you're interested in wrestling still, then go to the Rumble. Besides, you still have time to watch some shows and see what storylines are going on, otherwise sell the tickets to someone who'd love to attend and pocket the money. You can't really lose.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

Really? I thought he was retiring due to injury... Since I've "rediscovered" my love for wrestling, I've gone out of my way to make sure that Smackdown and even ECW gets recorded so I can watch them. If Show goes to Smackdown then he should be instantly in A title picture, not necessarily the World Title, but just a good feud so they won't stick him in a program with Khali.
    You know Khali-Show is gonna happen....Vince has a big man feud fetish

Apparently Show is down to around 440. Back in his WCW power plant days, he was supposedly able to do a moonsault
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

He actually "retired" to give boxing a shot. He dropped anywhere from 40-60 pounds and is around 460. I'm thinking that is about what he weighed when he started with WCW.

I saw Rhodey's post about the moonsault. I remember hearing about that too but there is no way he ever does one. There is too much of a chance of him injuring himself or his opponent. It'd be crazy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    He actually "retired" to give boxing a shot. He dropped anywhere from 40-60 pounds and is around 460. I'm thinking that is about what he weighed when he started with WCW.

I saw Rhodey's post about the moonsault. I remember hearing about that too but there is no way he ever does one. There is too much of a chance of him injuring himself or his opponent. It'd be crazy to see.
    I remember him, however, doing a missle drop kick, which looked nuts
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

If I was to go to 1 wrestling event, it'd definitely be the Royal Rumble.

NYYF Legend

Will Cablevision be carrying USA in HD, I'd love to see wrestling in HD. I know they tested RAW in HD like a year back, but they were skeptical because you can see the scaring/body imperfections a lot more.
    And why is Kennedy and HBK wrestling each other next week? Haven't we seen them against each other enough?

PS: I was about to add why is the main event starting with like 3 minutes left. Worst main event ever.

NYYF Legend

If he actually does this jump, I rescind my "worst main event ever" claim.

He made it. Sweet god.

They are really trying to f*ck up his push man, he is taking sick bumps

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    They are really trying to f*ck up his push man, he is taking sick bumps
    This bump might be the biggest I've seen. He landed on a freaking body.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    This bump might be the biggest I've seen. He landed on a freaking body.
    Well, no he didnt. It was pretty obvious he didnt, notice how they didn't show him landing on Orton? On the replay, it looked like Jeff landed, then Orton rolled back and Jeff rolled on top

They are actually making Hardy look strong in this feud....color me surprised

Well, no he didnt. It was pretty obvious he didnt, notice how they didn't show him landing on Orton? On the replay, it looked like Jeff landed, then Orton rolled back and Jeff rolled on top
    The bump last week was much more impressive....and much more dangerous to pull off. Not that this bump wasnt pretty crazy though.

NYYF Legend

At first, thats what I thought. But from one replay it looked like jeff hit him.
    Still, a big bump. The gimicked stage had already been broken.

Thread Information