+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 213 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5323

Re: The Official WWE and TNA thread

Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    i'm surprised Hardy beat HHH
    I'm not. It lets Hardy main event a PPV that he wont have to carry. Gives him a huge win and gives him some credibility going into his feud with Orton. The Rumble sells itself...the attraction IS the Rumble, not the title matches. This also lets Hunter be the "big man" in the Rumble, as its almost a certainty he will win and win one of the main titles at WM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    I'm not. It lets Hardy main event a PPV that he wont have to carry. Gives him a huge win and gives him some credibility going into his feud with Orton. The Rumble sells itself...the attraction IS the Rumble, not the title matches. This also lets Hunter be the "big man" in the Rumble, as its almost a certainty he will win and win one of the main titles at WM.
    I could see that happening. There was talks however that Batista would win the Rumble and challenge Triple H. Now with Hardy getting the title shot, if Batista wins he'd most likely be challenging Orton. That'd likely lead to Edge v. Undertaker for the title there. Triple H would be stuck in limbo at WM in this instance so I don't see it happening UNLESS he turns heels and fights Ric Flair. Flair loses and Triple H is responsible for retiring one of the greatest legends in wrestling history. I just thought of that but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the route they go. In fact, I'm guessing none of this will be correct but here is some my WM Card.

EDIT: I'm in wrestling mode now. Here is my WM Card:

WWE Championship:
    Orton (c) v. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship
    Edge (c) v. Undertaker

Triple H v. Flair (Flair loses and thus must retire). Keeps Triple H out of the Main Event, but also it leaves him as the man that retired Ric Flair. I'm sure Flair wants it to be this way.

Ladder Match for the IC Title:
    Jeff Hardy (c) v. HBK v. Misterrrrrrrrrrr Kennedy... Kennedy (This is my dream match as I'd like to see Hardy and HBK in a ladder match. However I don't want HBK as IC champ and Kennedy deserves a reign).

US Title Match:
    MVP (c) v. Matt Hardy (He should be back from his injury around this time. It just makes sense).

ECW Title:
    CM Punk v. John Morrison

WWE Tag Team Championship:
    Jesse and Festus (c) v. The Major Brothers (As they are now heel and associated with Edge)

World Tag Team Championship:
    Rhodes and Holly v. Kendrick and London v. Cade and Murdoch

Women's Title:
    Beth Phoenix (c) v. Candice Michelle

Hornswaggle v. Vince with a Finlay turn

Jericho v. JBL (They will drag this out)

I'd also move Lashley back to Smackdown and have him fight a heel Kane.

Khali and Umaga would battle in a match basically to determine who is the better "monster." It'd be a terrible match, but they will be hooked one way or another.

I actually like that card alot. I definetly think we will see Edge-Undertaker....and I think Edge will be the one who finally ends the WM streak.

Orton-Batista would have alot of interesting angles to it. However, I just do not see HHH not being in a main event slot here. He was scheduled to face Cena at WM23 until the quad tear. I would be shocked if he took a backseat at WM24 and was okay with a mid-card match (even if it was against Flair). I think for sure he will be in one of the title matches.

I actually like that card alot. I definetly think we will see Edge-Undertaker....and I think Edge will be the one who finally ends the WM streak.

Orton-Batista would have alot of interesting angles to it. However, I just do not see HHH not being in a main event slot here. He was scheduled to face Cena at WM23 until the quad tear. I would be shocked if he took a backseat at WM24 and was okay with a mid-card match (even if it was against Flair). I think for sure he will be in one of the title matches.
    I can understand that, but in time not many would remember the main event to this WM, but they'd always remember that Triple H is the man that retired Ric Flair. That being said, if that match doesn't occur, I could see a Fatal Four Way Evolution Match for the Title.

Orton v. Batista v. Triple H v. Flair

The first three are still main eventers and Flair will be on his winning streak so it could lead to a title match. Just another possibility.

You are on drugs if you think the Undertaker is going to lose at a Wrestlemania
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    You are on drugs if you think the Undertaker is going to lose at a Wrestlemania
    It was going to happen two years ago....Orton was being booked to beat UT at WM21. But he got hurt a few weeks prior...worked thru the match and then had surgery right afterwards. Only the injury kept the streak alive.

If it happens its gonna be to someone who is young, a big part of the future and will benefit immensely from the win. Orton filled the bill perfectly 2 years ago. Edge is in a similar category.

NYYF Legend

I don't know why but i'm looking forward to JBL coming to Raw.

NYYF Legend

I just bought 2 dvd sets today. Heartbreak and Triumph which is an HBK one I have yet to watch, and I'm in the middle of watching Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling. I grew up on WWF/WWE and being aware of everything during the cable age is a blessing and thanks to the internet I knew how wrestling used to be before all of that, when it was all promoting and territories. The WCCW one is excellent so far. It talks about how it came about, and the superstars that put it on the map, and showcases the best rivalries. The second disc is full of matches. The only downer is seeing Kevin Von Erich holding back emotion when recounting the days when him, David, and Kerry were first starting out. And there's a whole lot of Von Erich footage in there which is a thrill to me because I've been reading about them for half of my life. Nice to see how they did in the ring and see how explosively over they were, especially in Texas. I'd better get back to watching this. Oh yeah...I'm deciding whether to spend money on $50 Wrestlemania tickets. On one hand I'm thinking, "I'd almost be in nosebleeds." but on the other hand....it's Wrestlemania. Hopefully someone (Rhodey? bomb? Mecca? Crow?) can talk sense into me lol
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    I just bought 2 dvd sets today. Heartbreak and Triumph which is an HBK one I have yet to watch, and I'm in the middle of watching Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling. I grew up on WWF/WWE and being aware of everything during the cable age is a blessing and thanks to the internet I knew how wrestling used to be before all of that, when it was all promoting and territories. The WCCW one is excellent so far. It talks about how it came about, and the superstars that put it on the map, and showcases the best rivalries. The second disc is full of matches. The only downer is seeing Kevin Von Erich holding back emotion when recounting the days when him, David, and Kerry were first starting out. And there's a whole lot of Von Erich footage in there which is a thrill to me because I've been reading about them for half of my life. Nice to see how they did in the ring and see how explosively over they were, especially in Texas. I'd better get back to watching this. Oh yeah...I'm deciding whether to spend money on $50 Wrestlemania tickets. On one hand I'm thinking, "I'd almost be in nosebleeds." but on the other hand....it's Wrestlemania. Hopefully someone (Rhodey? bomb? Mecca? Crow?) can talk sense into me lol
    Like you said man, it's Wrestlemania. For fifty dollars you have to do it, regardless of where your seats are. It's just about being there. I'm willing to bet that the card will be fantastic as well.

As for the WCCW, the Von Erich's were ridiculously over but each had limitations in the ring. Kerry's foot problem is what I believe led to his drug problems. That eventually led to his suicide sadly.

Its Wrestlemania....go for it. I sat in the nosebleeds at MSG for WM's 10 and 20. I was lucky enough to see special things at both events: Owen-Bret's classic match, HBK-Razor ladder match and Bret winning the title at WM 10....then seeing a Guerrero-Angle title match, as well as the Benoit-HHH-HBK classic--then of course the Guerrero-Benoit embrace in the ring at the end of the show. Dont pass up Wrestlemania is u have the chance to go. You might end up seeing something very special.

NYYF Legend

Bomb and Mecc, both of you just confirmed what I was thinking to myself. I finished that WCCW dvd which was fantastic, and am now up to the "Midnight Rockers" portion of the HBK dvd. I'm watching the actual programs on each dvd before enjoying the matches. And tomorrow I need to deposit some more money in my account, and see if my cousin would want to go to Wrestlemania.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic

Go for it, its Wrestlemania. I'd only go nosebleeds for Mania and the Royal Rumble
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

It's official. I'm going to Wrestlemania XXIV.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

NYYF Legend

Holy crap I'm ecstatic right now. I'm more or less amped right now. I'm going to go watch the matches on the HBK dvd.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

It's official. I'm going to Wrestlemania XXIV.
    Awesome bro...you'll have a good time. Wrestlemania cards are almost never bad--the last bad card I remember was WM 13 and even that had the classic Bret-Austin match.

I'm sure this years card will be stacked. Maybe you'll see an Edge-UT title match, and HHH-Orton. You'll also get to see Flair's last match.

NYYF Legend

Awesome bro...you'll have a good time. Wrestlemania cards are almost never bad--the last bad card I remember was WM 13 and even that had the classic Bret-Austin match.

I'm sure this years card will be stacked. Maybe you'll see an Edge-UT title match, and HHH-Orton. You'll also get to see Flair's last match.
    I've heavily thought about Flair's possible last match, or maybe some Jericho or Jeff Hardy awesomeness. But then I go back to just one superstar. Mr. Wrestlemania, Shawn Michaels. God I would love for him to nab the title at Wrestlemania. He did the job for Hogan years ago, and was getting pushed for a little bit but of course was booked to lose all of his shots. It'd be somewhat of a change, especially considering he last held the title in 2002 in the first Elimination Chamber match.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

I'll bet money HHH wins the title at Mania

NYYF Legend

I'll bet money HHH wins the title at Mania
    There's little doubt in my mind about that either, but maybe he's Flairs last match. Flair would rather lose to Triple H than anyone. Maybe just maybe....I can hold out hope!
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

There's little doubt in my mind about that either, but maybe he's Flairs last match. Flair would rather lose to Triple H than anyone. Maybe just maybe....I can hold out hope!
    If Vince is worried about the buyrate or wants a huge buyrate, I can see him putting Flair against Hogan

NYYF Legend

If Vince is worried about the buyrate or wants a huge buyrate, I can see him putting Flair against Hogan
    I could see that too, but I would hate to see Flair job against Hogan which is what would happen.

I think Flair's last match should be against Sting, I don't follow TNA closely enough to know if that's even possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan
    I could see that too, but I would hate to see Flair job against Hogan which is what would happen.

I think Flair's last match should be against Sting, I don't follow TNA closely enough to know if that's even possible though.
    I think Flair (if it happened) should beat Hogan, bring his robe into the ring, take his boots off center ring and leave, never to be heard from again. It would be pretty awesome

If Vince could get Sting to do a PPV against Flair, it would be the first PPV i've bought in years

NYYF Legend

I think people are tired of Hogan at this point. It's a given that he'll win any one-shot match he's given. Plus all the crap with his son and divorce and American Gladiators. I mean...geez...he's appeared on the Raw Anniversary just to shout out the show. Forget it. It's all about getting that money in his pocket. Brother.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

Forget it. It's all about getting that money in his pocket. Brother.
    I remember hearing he got between $500,000 and $2mil for his match at Wrestlemania X-8

NYYF Legend

I remember hearing he got between $500,000 and $2mil for his match at Wrestlemania X-8
    Didn't he job -GASP- for The Rock then? Crazy. I don't see why he would have problems losing in a one-time match to a FULL-TIME WWE employee regardless of pay. Damn that Michaels heel-turn/job still pisses me off. Fingerpoint of Doom and the Miiiiiighty Legdrop. What a crock. Wasn't HBKs best match by a long shot, but I'm more than sure it was Hogan's. I hope Vince tries getting Austin ir Mick in a match instead. Even with Stone Cold being all beer-bellied out he'd probably still put on a better match.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

Didn't he job -GASP- for The Rock then? Crazy. I don't see why he would have problems losing in a one-time match to a FULL-TIME WWE employee regardless of pay. Damn that Michaels heel-turn/job still pisses me off. Fingerpoint of Doom and the Miiiiiighty Legdrop. What a crock. Wasn't HBKs best match by a long shot, but I'm more than sure it was Hogan's. I hope Vince tries getting Austin ir Mick in a match instead. Even with Stone Cold being all beer-bellied out he'd probably still put on a better match.
    He did job to the Rock....but all he talks about is how he "showed" the Rock up by stealing the crowd as a heel and turning everyone against the Rock.

At SS a few years ago he had problems working for Michaels too. The 1-month HBK heel turn had alot of shoot type elements involved in it...cuz HBK just did not like playing politics with Hogan. Its the same reason why the oft mentioned Austin-Hogan match has and will never happen---Austin refuses to play Hogan's games.

Thread Information