+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Re: Happy Pitchers and Catchers Day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BostonYankeeBoy
    My friend is a huge Yankee fan and he invited to go a Yankees game with him so I decided to go. I was excited and just the exitement of going curbed my hatred for the Yanks. I went to the game with an open mind you can say. Once I went to Yankee Stadium I toured monument park and got a taste of the "Yankee Mystique". Well the game was great, Al Leiter was shaky through 5 innings and a Jeter solo HR lifted them to a 6-5 win over the Rangers in a game where all 11 runs were scored in the first 4 innings. The whole experience was great. That is my only trip to Yankee Stadium but I walked away with so many great memories. By the end of the game I had a Mariano Rivera jersey and a Yankees hat on.
    That's a great story. Glad you had fun. That was the game where Sturtze got the save right?
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    That's a great story. Glad you had fun. That was the game where Sturtze got the save right?
    Yep Sturtze got the save and Bernie hit a 3 run HR(I think in the third) to tie it up. It was so humid and hot that night. I wanted to see Rivera pitch but I was just happy they won. None of my friends could call me a front runner either because the Yanks were 5 1/2 back when I converted. It was such a great experience my friend and I are going back to Yankee Stadium for a senior trip this year.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Yep Sturtze got the save and Bernie hit a 3 run HR(I think in the third) to tie it up. It was so humid and hot that night. I wanted to see Rivera pitch but I was just happy they won. None of my friends could call me a front runner either because the Yanks were 5 1/2 back when I converted. It was such a great experience my friend and I are going back to Yankee Stadium for a senior trip this year.
    That sounds awesome. I'm thinking of going down to Tampa during March.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Released Outright

My friend is a huge Yankee fan and he invited to go a Yankees game with him so I decided to go. I was excited and just the exitement of going curbed my hatred for the Yanks. I went to the game with an open mind you can say. Once I went to Yankee Stadium I toured monument park and got a taste of the "Yankee Mystique". Well the game was great, Al Leiter was shaky through 5 innings and a Jeter solo HR lifted them to a 6-5 win over the Rangers in a game where all 11 runs were scored in the first 4 innings. The whole experience was great. That is my only trip to Yankee Stadium but I walked away with so many great memories. By the end of the game I had a Mariano Rivera jersey and a Yankees hat on.
    Great story! Thank you for sharing it.

NYYF MVP

Wow. That's so cool. I'm glad you had fun and even happier about your conversion.

Thank God! Just one step closer to yet another World Series title. Can we just fast forward to October?

Addicted Member

Pitchers and Catchers!!! YAAAA!!! This day is very exiting for me because it is actually my first pitchers and catchers day as a Yankees fan. Back in August I converted from a Sox to a Yanks fan (as odd as that sounds I did do that). Many kids at school thought I go back to the Sox but I am a Yankees and plan on being until the day I die. I am not missing Sox Nation one bit. I look forward to a great season. Go Yankees!!! Let's Get #27!!!
    Way to go bro... Come to the dark side.
    [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]There are many reasons why the Yankees have won so much since 1995, but this is above all others: They have Mariano Rivera and no one else does.[/FONT][/B]

Thank you god, I'v been pumped for this day for a long time, cant wait untill we can say opening night!!!!
    2006, The Year of the 27th Championship
    Damon,Jeter,A-Rod,Sheff,Giambi,Matsui,Posada,Williams, and Cano......This has to be the year

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AndThenThereWasTino
    Way to go bro... Come to the dark side.
    Yes I am joining the Evil Empire!!! haha

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

"buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks..."

NYYF Legend

Winter is almost over...........
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.com

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bagger015

Winter is almost over...........
    Not only did pitchers and catchers report today but it was like 55 degrees today in Mass. It's becoming clear that baseball is just around the corner.

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

NEW FOR 2007! Bump!
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

NYYF Legend

Excellent!

This thread confused the hell out of me. I was five minutes, four expired links, and one spit-take into it before I realized the Tanyon Sturtze reference etc. was all from last year.

Hughes/Robertson '12. groovitude's Avatar

Forget Valentine's Day; I'm celebrating Pitchers and Catchers.

NYYF Legend

Even though we are about to get a bunch of snow dumped on us, the warm weather is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    Pitchers and catchers report. Can any other 4 words strung together have such a joyous effect?
    Yup. How 'bout "You Won The Lottery"!

Its a great day of the year- the only one better is Opening Day.

Kill that Shutter!!! ManilaYankee's Avatar

Let's Go Yankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!
    \m/(-_-)\m/

NYYF Legend

Today? Already? AWESOME

Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgidget
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

NEW YORK -- Baseball is in the air around Tampa, Fla., where the Yankees are set to report to finely manicured diamonds, emerald green grass and another Spring Training at Legends Field.

Yankees pitchers and catchers are scheduled to arrive today, preparing for their first formal workout on Thursday. Several players have already landed at the complex in anticipation of the season to come.

Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Miguel Cairo and Japanese import Kei Igawa are among the Yankees who have already traded winter gear for T-shirts and shorts, continuing their exercises as teammates filter in.
    I guess it's a matter of interpretation?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Just a joyous day.

Hip Hip HOORAY!
    GO YANKEES

Thread Information