+ Reply to Thread
Page 1026 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 26 526 926 976 1016 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1036 ... LastLast
Results 25,626 to 25,650 of 26447
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

I should refrain from purchasing food that requires preparation. I made Trader Joe's ravioli, but about 3/4 of them broke in the pot, which resulted in a four-cheese mess. So it was cheeseburgers instead.

I was going to have ice cream from Trader Joe's too, but the bottom of the container broke open.

Time to put TJ's return policy to the test.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    I should refrain from purchasing food that requires preparation. I made Trader Joe's ravioli, but about 3/4 of them broke in the pot, which resulted in a four-cheese mess. So it was cheeseburgers instead.

I was going to have ice cream from Trader Joe's too, but the bottom of the container broke open.

Keep us posted. I'm on tenterhooks, here.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I'm doing some work in Newark, and some co-workers mentioned that Dinosaur BBQ opened nearby. I may try it out of curiosity. Since someone like you seems to think it's OK, that gives me the go ahead.

You're right, being in the Ironbound would make it "competing", and thus held to Brazilian standards.

BTW, I think that there's a 24-hr restaurant called Armando's in Newark. I see it on my way home when taking the #1 bus. Have you ever tried it?
    Yes, I think that's the bus I take from Newark Penn Station to Broad Street to catch the Gladstone train. Mostly I walk, though.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Maybe you should lay off the weight training for a while.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I forgot your name.

How exactly does the bottom of an ice cream carton break open?

I have ice cream about once every 2-3 months, so I don't even bother. I used to love that stuff.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Yes, I think that's the bus I take from Newark Penn Station to Broad Street to catch the Gladstone train. Mostly I walk, though.
    I've been taking the PATH to Newark, since this runs more frequently than the bus. However, getting home, I take the bus, since it's already paid for (NJT multi-zone bus pass).

I don't know if we travel down Mulberry or Broad St, and I've never heard of the Gladstone train.

Speaking of food, I've been dying to return to the Commerce Food Market, which is by Raymond Blvd and Commerce St (near some courthouse, I think). It closes at 4pm, but that had lotsa good food. I'd bypass the building's cafeteria for this when I worked in that area. I'd never have to worry about whether or not the food stuck to the ribs. That was always some good eats. Soup, Chinese, Spanish, sushi, burgers, sammiches ... wot-evah. Now if they had hot dobs, they'd be perfect.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

I've been taking the PATH to Newark, since this runs more frequently than the bus. However, getting home, I take the bus, since it's already paid for (NJT multi-zone bus pass).

I don't know if we travel down Mulberry or Broad St, and I've never heard of the Gladstone train.

Speaking of food, I've been dying to return to the Commerce Food Market, which is by Raymond Blvd and Commerce St (near some courthouse, I think). It closes at 4pm, but that had lotsa good food. I'd bypass the building's cafeteria for this when I worked in that area. I'd never have to worry about whether or not the food stuck to the ribs. That was always some good eats. Soup, Chinese, Spanish, sushi, burgers, sammiches ... wot-evah. Now if they had hot dobs, they'd be perfect.
    I was just messin' with you. I actually used to take the #72. The Gladstone Train is a branch of the Morris & Essex lines that go through Newark Broad St. Station and not Newark Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Maybe you should lay off the weight training for a while.
    Weight training?!

I just tell myself this is actually a lot healthier than what I was fed growing up. One day I will eat healthier than this.

I forgot your name.

How exactly does the bottom of an ice cream carton break open?

I have ice cream about once every 2-3 months, so I don't even bother. I used to love that stuff.
    Nicole/Nicki.

I guess it got smashed and broke open that way. It wasn't that big that I noticed it until I got home, but it was big enough to allow about half of the ice cream to seep through. Thankfully I asked for a plastic bag.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I was just messin' with you. I actually used to take the #72. The Gladstone Train is a branch of the Morris & Essex lines that go through Newark Broad St. Station and not Newark Penn.
    Oh, that must've been the first time you've messed with me.

I've known the #25, 31 and 34, but never seen the #72. I've taken the #108 to NYC, which is a 4-zone ride that goes by the Columbia Mall on 30th St at the Union City/North Bergen border.

So what's some of your fave "regular" foods in Newark, like when you want to just grab some quick eats, rather than indulge?

In an attempt to save money, we're planning meals ahead of time and going to use the crock pot to make bigger portions we can save for later. Also, a lot less hassle.

Anyway, for tonight, I had two chicken breasts currently marinading in:

Olive Oil
    Sage
    Cinnamon
    S&P
    Rosemary
    Garlic Powder
    A lil' bit of Chili Powder

I was just smelling all my spices and those seemed to have a good balance of sweet and spicy, yet a bit earthy. Mrs. Snapple seems to approve, so we'll see how that turns out. I'm planning on slow cooking it in the crockpot with some onions and peppers and BBQ.

NYYF Legend

How did that come out, snapple? Sounds interesting.

*Edit: Oops, I just realized you posted that this morning!

I made BBQ potatoes last night. Cut the potatoes into wedges/spears, coated them in a mix of BBQ sauce, olive oil and hot sauce. Baked them on a roasting pan at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes. Very yummy!! The recipe called for a dipping sauce of sour cream with a little BBQ sauce stirred in, but I didn't have any sour cream.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    How did that come out, snapple? Sounds interesting.

I made BBQ potatoes last night. Cut the potatoes into wedges/spears, coated them in a mix of BBQ sauce, olive oil and hot sauce. Baked them on a roasting pan at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes. Very yummy!! The recipe called for a dipping sauce of sour cream with a little BBQ sauce stirred in, but I didn't have any sour cream.
    I actually had that posted on a forum last night. I edited some of the tenses, but it isn't correct. It'll be for dinner tonight. Let's just say it smells AMAZING

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I actually had that posted on a forum last night. I edited some of the tenses, but it isn't correct. It'll be for dinner tonight. Let's just say it smells AMAZING
    I noticed it was posted this morning and I edited.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Ridiculous night last night. Walked in the door from work at 10 min to 7. Had to be at the high school with child #2 for Sports Award night at 7pm and got home at 20 min to 10. No dinner last night. Very annoying to keep us there that long.

Tonight I'll have to have something good to make up for a lousy eating day yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Ridiculous night last night. Walked in the door from work at 10 min to 7. Had to be at the high school with child #2 for Sports Award night at 7pm and got home at 20 min to 10. No dinner last night. Very annoying to keep us there that long.

Tonight I'll have to have something good to make up for a lousy eating day yesterday.
    Take yer choice. There should be enough here to feed both you and Ryan.

^^ Mmmmmmmm, mystery meat.

NYYF Legend

I'd rather starve.

I'd rather starve.
    Don't worry. Brad here to the rescue.

^^ Dig in.

Sign of the apocalypse? Or not. Discuss.

Bacon sundae @ BK!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1094390

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post

Bacon sundae @ BK!!!

That's disgusting. I kind of want one.

NYYF Legend

I had couscous and garbanzo beans. It should last me about three days.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I had couscous and garbanzo beans. It should last me about three days.
    They're called CHICK PEAS, DAMMIT!!!

Everytime I see couscous, I keep wondering who eats that stuff unless they're preparing a Morrocan dinner? It's not rice, it's not taters, it's not pasta.

Now if you'd have had some nice tasty BOILED GOAT MEAT, you could've lasted a whole week w/o wanting to eat anything else. Unless, of course, yer arse is so broke that you've become a vegan ... but not by choice (natcherly).

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post

Bacon sundae @ BK!!!

^^ So said the mega-tanned one.

Bacon does not belong on ice cream. It just doesn't go there ... PERIOD.

NYYF Legend

One of the burger joints in town has bacon/ice cream and it's a big seller the waitress says. It's a bit like chocolate pretzels, chocolate potato chips etc. Nothing better than salt/chocolate says me.

NYYF Legend

One of the burger joints in town has bacon/ice cream and it's a big seller the waitress says. It's a bit like chocolate pretzels, chocolate potato chips etc. Nothing better than salt/chocolate says me.
    I think it's an interesting combination, myself. I don't know if I would eat the bacon/vanilla ice cream concoction at BK, but I might try it at home.

Thread Information