+ Reply to Thread
Page 1002 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 2 502 902 952 992 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1012 1052 ... LastLast
Results 25,026 to 25,050 of 26442
    NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    swedish meatballs.
    Giving Klu a graduation present huh?
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Oh, believe me--we mess up fish all the time. He bought tilapia last night and it was...OK the way he made it which basically involved a skillet, olive oil, and minced garlic.
    I just do a lower heated version of chicken breasts. Use olive oil + thyme on a skillet, add some lemon seasoning or marinade. I just use catfish, not tilapia. Add in some S&P also.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Klu's graduation present, as seen in the GTs, are pix of the Swedish Bikini Team.

I reheated some salmon w/rice & veggies that I'd had last night. I haven't even had time to think, so that's about it.

Riht now, I'm about to make a sammich w/corned beef & pastrami, perhaps some smoked turkey. Add in some red leaf lettuce, mustard & mayo, and that will be all.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go ...
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF MVP

I just ate an entire bag of Snack Size Kit Kats. 1470 calories, according to the Nutrition Facts.

I regret nothing.

NYYF Legend

Had fresh made ravioli from Arthur Ave and sauce with broccoli rabe sausage, also from Arthur Ave. So yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Had fresh made ravioli from Arthur Ave and sauce with broccoli rabe sausage, also from Arthur Ave. So yummy!
    I've never had fresh ravioli before. Mostly the frozen kind. What wuz it filled with? I've seen mostly cheese and mushrooms.

I've just had some chicken w/rice & beans from the Spanish place down the way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comic Book Guy View Post
    I just ate an entire bag of Snack Size Kit Kats. 1470 calories, according to the Nutrition Facts.

I regret nothing.
    Wot'd you do fer an encore?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I've never had fresh ravioli before. Mostly the frozen kind. What wuz it filled with? I've seen mostly cheese and mushrooms.

I've just had some chicken w/rice & beans from the Spanish place down the way.
    It was filled with cheese. So much better than the frozen kind. They make it right there in the shop and box it up in front of you. Borgatti's pasta.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Comic Book Guy View Post

I regret nothing.

NYYF Legend

It was filled with cheese. So much better than the frozen kind. They make it right there in the shop and box it up in front of you. Borgatti's pasta.
    Hmm....my buddy Mike (a chef) goes to Arthur Ave all the time - I'll have to ask him if he's been to this place before.

edit: I just "liked" Borgatti's on facebook and they show you who else is "friends." My buddy Mikes' name popped up too - figures.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Hmm....my buddy Mike (a chef) goes to Arthur Ave all the time - I'll have to ask him if he's been to this place before.

edit: I just "liked" Borgatti's on facebook and they show you who else is "friends." My buddy Mikes' name popped up too - figures.
    That's funny. I have to check out their page.

Also, Dominick's restaurant doesn't have a website, but they said they have a facebook page. Gotta check that out too.

So if you buy it, say, on a Monday, how long before you eat it? I think that it was Contadina was the ones who'd made the frozen pasta. I once had one of those manual-turning pasta rollers, but I never used it. I can't imagine that those things would be too difficult to make. Cheese and 'shrooms are easy to find.

Oh yeah, I'm makin' reservations at Chez Karen on Tuesday. Wot's on the menu?

*awaits the Evil Vicki smiley*

That's funny. I have to check out their page.

Also, Dominick's restaurant doesn't have a website, but they said they have a facebook page. Gotta check that out too.
    Wot do they serve? I think that the Sicilian places will have more seafood, and the northern Italian places will have more meat and chicken.

NYYF Legend

So if you buy it, say, on a Monday, how long before you eat it? I think that it was Contadina was the ones who'd made the frozen pasta. I once had one of those manual-turning pasta rollers, but I never used it. I can't imagine that those things would be too difficult to make. Cheese and 'shrooms are easy to find.

Oh yeah, I'm makin' reservations at Chez Karen on Tuesday. Wot's on the menu?

*awaits the Evil Vicki smiley*
    We bought the raviolis on Saturday and I cooked them last night. They can be frozen, but I would wrap them up good and air-tight otherwise I'd think they'd get freezer burnt. Either way, I prefer to cook them ASAP.

NYYF Legend

Wot do they serve? I think that the Sicilian places will have more seafood, and the northern Italian places will have more meat and chicken.
    They have everything. They have seafood every day but Sundays because they buy everything fresh on the Avenue and apparently the fish markets are closed on Sundays.

Dominicks is unique in that they have no menus (well they do have one posted on the wall, but they don't give them out. The waiters pretty much just ask you what you want, while also rattling off a list of what they have. Say there's 6 people at your table. If you want salad, they make a big plate of salad for everyone. They also don't give you a check. They come over and tell you the amount. So if you are nice your bill is probably a little lower than someone who is a PITA.

The food is really good. I've been there 3 or 4 times and I have never been disappointed. I had Chicken Sorentino (with eggplant, prosciutto and mozzarella). It was yummy. And the portions are so large, there's always extra to bring home. My kids had penne ala vodka and baked ziti. Always yummy. Shannen doesn't like penne anywhere else now.

Oh, and they only take cash.

They have everything. They have seafood every day but Sundays because they buy everything fresh on the Avenue and apparently the fish markets are closed on Sundays.

Dominicks is unique in that they have no menus (well they do have one posted on the wall, but they don't give them out. The waiters pretty much just ask you what you want, while also rattling off a list of what they have. Say there's 6 people at your table. If you want salad, they make a big plate of salad for everyone. They also don't give you a check. They come over and tell you the amount. So if you are nice your bill is probably a little lower than someone who is a PITA.

The food is really good. I've been there 3 or 4 times and I have never been disappointed. I had Chicken Sorentino (with eggplant, prosciutto and mozzarella). It was yummy. And the portions are so large, there's always extra to bring home. My kids had penne ala vodka and baked ziti. Always yummy. Shannen doesn't like penne anywhere else now.

Oh, and they only take cash.
    The whole thing sounds shady.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    The whole thing sounds shady.
    What's shady about it? They have a menu posted with prices on it, so if you really want to check out what you're bill will come to, you can. Also, a lot of things are based on market prices, so they can change just like anywhere else.

What's shady about it? They have a menu posted with prices on it, so if you really want to check out what you're bill will come to, you can. Also, a lot of things are based on market prices, so they can change just like anywhere else.
    It's shady, I tell you.

And this is coming from another Italian.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's shady, I tell you.

And this is coming from another Italian.
    Eh, the food is good and we're never surprised at the amount of the bill. It's reasonable for the amount of food they give you. I'm not too worried about it.

Eh, the food is good and we're never surprised at the amount of the bill. It's reasonable for the amount of food they give you. I'm not too worried about it.
    In college I frequented a diner that was always very busy on the weekends. There were about 20 booths and two waitresses-- identical twins in their 60's.

They never wrote anything down and when they rang you up at the register, they remembered everything correctly-- down to who had another OJ and who had the extra bacon.

It has always amazed me.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

024.jpgAfter eating stuff like this the entire weekend...it's back healthy eating for a few weeks.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

When I was in Paris I went to a restaurant that didn't have a menu. The waiter told you what the chef was preparing in the kitchen and you worked off of that.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information