+ Reply to Thread
Page 529 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 539 579 629 1029 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,225 of 26441
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    Brad, you've gotta stop with the wings.

Have you had your cholesterol checked lately?
    Not really. Unlike legs, you can't remove the skin off wings w/o making it too messy.

After I fry them, I let all of the oil drip down. I made some chicken legs this week.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    Tuna salad on some New England style hot dog rolls.
    I had to look that up, since according to this article, I've seen them, but didn't know what they were called.

http://www.mapleandmore.com/

Now then, what's wrong with those burger-style mini-sandwich buns that are smaller than kaiser rolls? Couldn't you put tuna onto that?

C'mon, Dave, are you really sipping some clam chowda along with that?
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    I had to look that up, since according to this article, I've seen them, but didn't know what they were called.

http://www.mapleandmore.com/

Now then, what's wrong with those burger-style mini-sandwich buns that are smaller than kaiser rolls? Couldn't you put tuna onto that?

C'mon, Dave, are you really sipping some clam chowda along with that?
    Read that link and man ... I can't believe the price they are asking for those rolls!

I've been able to find them at Krogers in the Cincinnati area. Here they call them "Coney Rolls." I can't figure out how they ended up with that name. They come in a six-pack instead of an eight-pack count bag. I always pick some up when they are on sale. Sale used to be a buck for the bag. Last sale was $1.25. Regular price is about $1.79.

I really enjoy how you can toast up the roll. A little butter on each side and then grilled -- just like the picture in the link. A nice change of pace for a hot dog. When I use them for tuna salad, I call them a tuna boat. No toasting is necessary.

About your clam chowder remark. Guess what happened tonight! No green eggs and ham for me. Jenn happened to make me some home-made clam chowder this past evening! It was the first time ever that she tried making it ... and it was SUPER! It was New England style. Made up for the rest of a Sox fan bad day.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    Read that link and man ... I can't believe the price they are asking for those rolls!

I've been able to find them at Krogers in the Cincinnati area. Here they call them "Coney Rolls." I can't figure out how they ended up with that name. They come in a six-pack instead of an eight-pack count bag. I always pick some up when they are on sale. Sale used to be a buck for the bag. Last sale was $1.25. Regular price is about $1.79.

I really enjoy how you can toast up the roll. A little butter on each side and then grilled -- just like the picture in the link. A nice change of pace for a hot dog. When I use them for tuna salad, I call them a tuna boat. No toasting is necessary.

About your clam chowder remark. Guess what happened tonight! No green eggs and ham for me. Jenn happened to make me some home-made clam chowder this past evening! It was the first time ever that she tried making it ... and it was SUPER! It was New England style. Made up for the rest of a Sox fan bad day.
    I've never toasted those types of rolls or buns. Could just be me. I'd have to use the toaster oven, since my regular toaster (given to me by a departing nabe, since I haven't bought one in ages) would likely burn those thingies.

I can eat tuna fish about once a week or every 2 weeks. Its taste is unique, and it'll either be a salad or a sandwich. When I make mine, I don't buy the celery, since around here, they put lots of that micro-shredded celery in those. I would need a food processor (I have 2, only one of which works), since you'd need to be very dedicated to use a knife to make pieces that tiny.

I'm pretty traditional with my food (as if you haven't guessed). I like round rolls or square loafs for my tuna. I actually have some round fish thing that could use some burger rolls. A little lettuce and tomato could do wonders, and some of that Hellman's "sandwich spread" thingy may work also.

The only thing I do with clams is to use white sauce and linguini. I make a good pasta, even though I don't have much EVOO around, so the canned or bottled type works for me.

I don't keep much heavy cream around, and then adding in all the other ingredients, I dunno. I would likely make some fish chowda, since I don't see why clams specifically have to be used. I like shrimp, crabs, mussels, lobster, then fish like salmon, catfish and a few others like flounder. I don't get New England's obsession with clams.

BTW, I always thought that if you guys and gals got swept, then there was the "no soup for you" thing? Doesn't the soup line decrease significantly after each loss?

After Andy got lit up like a Christmas tree tonight, I'm not too sure I can eat.

NYYF Legend

Hospital grub.............

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    Hospital grub.............
    Do they have regular burgers 'n' fries at those places? You know, unhealthy stuff that the resident doctors tell you to avoid. Or do they have the expensive healthier stuff which they can't usually afford to serve?

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

We had swordfish and tuna from Whole Foods last night. It was delicious.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    We had swordfish and tuna from Whole Foods last night. It was delicious.
    Yummmmm.

We had Chinese buffet last night for my nephew's birthday. Cheap place for 10 people to eat out.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Going to make spring rolls tonight - relatively easy and healthy

NYYF Legend

I've got some Artichoke Ravioli from Trader Joe's to make tonight. (That and a side salad since no one else will be around to have dinner.)

NYYF Legend

Penne pasta and sausage, salad a creamy parmesan/cracked peppercorn dressing.

Go on...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toaderly
    Go on...
    That's pretty much the lot for tonight.

NYYF Legend

I'm just going to have some salmon and some sort of veggie. And probably some couscous. I heart couscous.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

I'm just going to have some salmon and some sort of veggie. And probably some couscous. I heart couscous.
    Me too. I love it mixed with chickpeas, diced tomato, feta and cilantro.

Thanks for tomorrow's meal idea!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LDG
    Me too. I love it mixed with chickpeas, diced tomato, feta and cilantro.

Thanks for tomorrow's meal idea!
    I have none of those ingredients

I have a frozen veggie combo that has green beans, yellow beans and carrots. I'll chop some of those up and toss them in maybe. It doesn't really matter though, because this box of couscous is parmesan flavored. Usually I buy the one with olive oil and garlic.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

I have none of those ingredients

I have a frozen veggie combo that has green beans, yellow beans and carrots. I'll chop some of those up and toss them in maybe. It doesn't really matter though, because this box of couscous is parmesan flavored. Usually I buy the one with olive oil and garlic.
    I have the Herbed Chicken-flavored box. Gotta love Near East!

I had a Klondike Bar. Krunchy, of course. And I think chips and salsa is also in my future. I really need a personal chef.

NYYF Legend

Hubs & the boys caught a 35lb Blackfin Tuna last Friday night. They cleaned & divided it up into 6 oz steaks. It has been on ice..(not frozen..just seriously iced down so it's still fresh).

He pan-seared 3 'steaks' last night...OMG... (and I am NOT a fish-eater).
    He made his own marinade with lil' EVO & Adobo..

I don't think it would take much to talk him into making it again tonight. Sooooo good & easy, too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    I had a Klondike Bar. Krunchy, of course. And I think chips and salsa is also in my future. I really need a personal chef.
    Quit making us look bad, Emeril.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gringaloca
    Hubs & the boys caught a 35lb Blackfin Tuna last Friday night. They cleaned & divided it up into 6 oz steaks. It has been on ice..(not frozen..just seriously iced down so it's still fresh).

I don't think it would take much to talk him into making it again tonight. Sooooo good & easy, too.
    omg...I would love that!

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    My kind of dinner.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by DkNNy79
    Going to make spring rolls tonight - relatively easy and healthy
    Yeah, but makin' spring rolls for you is like me making burgers, fries and fried chicken.

Dong, how does one make spring rolls?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Yeah, but makin' spring rolls for you is like me making burgers, fries and fried chicken.

Dong, how does one make spring rolls?
    I'd like to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringaloca

Nice - I'm jealous of dinner and if I told JP the story, he'd be jealous of catching the 35 lb tuna.

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Thread Information