+ Reply to Thread
Page 302 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 312 352 402 802 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 26442
    NYYF Legend

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Octoberbaby
    We're having hamburgers with guacamole and tomatoes with a salad.
    Set another place.....I'll be there soon! I'm dying for a burger.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks
    Set another place.....I'll be there soon! I'm dying for a burger.
    And here I thought my meal tonight was boring!

28 in '12

Released Outright

I was going to Target today to buy another crockpot but my mind tends to wander and I ended up at IKEA and bought a clay pot instead. So tomorrow I'm getting the ingredients for Thai Curry Chicken to make in it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    I was going to Target today to buy another crockpot but my mind tends to wander and I ended up at IKEA and bought a clay pot instead. So tomorrow I'm getting the ingredients for Thai Curry Chicken to make in it.
    Ah Ikea. My favorite store.
    Which one did you go to? Paramus?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    I picked up a bottom round about 4 1/2 pounds. I hope it's not too big. What do you think?
    As long as it fits in your crockpot, it should be ok.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    As long as it fits in your crockpot, it should be ok.
    No, it will fit...I'm just wondering if the proportions of the other two ingredients needs to be increased.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Calamari over linguine with mild marinara.

NYYF Legend

No, it will fit...I'm just wondering if the proportions of the other two ingredients needs to be increased.
    I don't think so. If so, you should add the same amounts of each. Like maybe a half can of cran sauce to a half pouch of onion soup mix. Wouldn't hurt to have more gravy.

Headin' to the grocery store. I am going to look up crockpot recipes and buy lots of stuff to make several dinners in there. Crockpots rule because they make people like me seem like good cooks.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Released Outright

Ah Ikea. My favorite store.
    Which one did you go to? Paramus?
    Yep, Paramus is closest and biggest. Bought all kinds of stuff I didn't need. Of course, the item I went for was out of stock. Guess I'll be going again soon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    Headin' to the grocery store. I am going to look up crockpot recipes and buy lots of stuff to make several dinners in there. Crockpots rule because they make people like me seem like good cooks.
    Make sure to get the stuff for the cranberry sauce/onion soup mix roast.

Hee, Trish, I made a slow cooker basket for the school auction and put the crockpot you covet in there, along with a little one for dips, and pot holders and tongs and woodens spoons and crap like that, and the slow cooker cookbook my bro and I did. (I even color coordinated the pot holders.)
    If only you'd been there, you could have overpaid like a son of a female dog for the thing!

I have three crockpots-- a little one for dips, a round one for general use, and an oval one for roasts and such. But in my defense, I have them b/c I had to test all those friggin' recipes.
    And that beef one looks delish. I'll be trying it this week. Thank you!

Edit: Vicki, I'll bring you a copy of the cookbook when you come up to lunch. It's a good start, but there are many other, better ones out there.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

I wish these guests would hurry up so we can eat!
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

NYYF Legend

Yep, Paramus is closest and biggest. Bought all kinds of stuff I didn't need. Of course, the item I went for was out of stock. Guess I'll be going again soon.
    That happened to us a few times. But we don't go that often. Part of me wishes they would open one near here, the other part doesn't because I would spend waaay too much money there.
    I need to go soon. I'm looking for some prints for my kitchen and they have a good selection.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910
    Hee, Trish, I made a slow cooker basket for the school auction and put the crockpot you covet in there, along with a little one for dips, and pot holders and tongs and woodens spoons and crap like that, and the slow cooker cookbook my bro and I did. (I even color coordinated the pot holders.)
    If only you'd been there, you could have overpaid like a son of a female dog for the thing!

I have three crockpots-- a little one for dips, a round one for general use, and an oval one for roasts and such. But in my defense, I have them b/c I had to test all those friggin' recipes.
    And that beef one looks delish. I'll be trying it this week. Thank you!

Edit: Vicki, I'll bring you a copy of the cookbook when you come up to lunch. It's a good start, but there are many other, better ones out there.
    I want that cookbook, lady. Can I get it at my local Borders or Barnes & Noble or should I Amazon?
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Make sure to get the stuff for the cranberry sauce/onion soup mix roast.
    I was thinkin' about it, but can you promise me that it actually tastes nothing like cranberry sauce or onion soup? I don't like either one.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Released Outright

That happened to us a few times. But we don't go that often. Part of me wishes they would open one near here, the other part doesn't because I would spend waaay too much money there.
    I need to go soon. I'm looking for some prints for my kitchen and they have a good selection.
    When my cabinet comes in again, I'll let you know and if you haven't gone yet maybe we could go together. It'll have to be a weekday though because I'm definitely not going on a Saturday again until after Christmas. What a zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910

Where can I order your cookbook and what's it called?
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

I was thinkin' about it, but can you promise me that it actually tastes nothing like cranberry sauce or onion soup? I don't like either one.
    This is my only concern, since I'm not a fan of cranberry sauce. Onion soup is fine though.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

When my cabinet comes in again, I'll let you know and if you haven't gone yet maybe we could go together. It'll have to be a weekday though because I'm definitely not going on a Saturday again until after Christmas. What a zoo.
    I've been a couple of times on a weekend but never when we have a big ticket item that we have to wait for. It's always a zoo on weekends.

My hubby wants to go next Monday because he has to order cabinets for a customer that they don't stock. But I'm aways up for going there.

This is my only concern, since I'm not a fan of cranberry sauce. Onion soup is fine though.
    Yeah, I really can't stand cranberry sauce. I'm actually not as concerned about the onion soup as I am about that.
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Well, I can't promise it doesn't taste like onions because of all the little onions in the mix, but you definitely won't taste the cranberry sauce. I wonder if you can use another soup mix, like vegetable?

NYYF Legend

I promise you you won't be able to detect the cranberry taste in there.

Well, I can't promise it doesn't taste like onions because of all the little onions in the mix, but you definitely won't taste the cranberry sauce. I wonder if you can use another soup mix, like vegetable?
    Hmm, that's an interesting thought. I hate to deviate from recipes since I'm not a good cook and thus live by recipes when I do cook, but I'd be interest in knowing if others tried a different type of soup mix.
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

I promise you you won't be able to detect the cranberry taste in there.
    I absolutely LOVE cranberry juice and almost anything else cranberry-flavored, but cranberry sauce grosses me out for some reason. It's weird.
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thread Information