+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 1059 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 64 114 514 1014 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Crumb crusted tilapia with spinach and mashed potatoes. Pineapple.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wexy
    Crumb crusted tilapia with spinach and mashed potatoes. Pineapple.
    Mmmm, sounds yummy. I'm not a big fish person, but I like tilapia.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

I need to know something and need some help with it.
    Cheese. What cheese is the one that has to be the most out-of-the-world- stinkiest? A friend told me about it a long time ago and I've forgotten what it was called. He said it tasted fine though.

I also heard that it will hold onto its scent for just about forever. Heat will make the scent worse. The smell can linger for many days even after washing your hands over and over and over again.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    Cheese. What cheese is the one that has to be the most out-of-the-world- stinkiest? A friend told me about it a long time ago and I've forgotten what it was called. He said it tasted fine though.

I also heard that it will hold onto its scent for just about forever. Heat will make the scent worse. The smell can linger for many days even after washing your hands over and over and over again.
    Would that be Limberger?

Oh, and Sweet and Spicy German Style Pot Roast for dinner tonight.

NYYF MVP

Olive Garden!
    It was then I knew I'd had enough,
    Burned my credit card for fuel
    Headed out to where the pavement turns to sand

Quote Originally Posted by gamesix1977
    Olive Garden!
    Leftovers! Yay! A microwave night!
    Nancy

Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Bring on October!! nyyfanatic85's Avatar

Well a little bit's changed since I posted on this thread last. I kind of got inspired. You see, living down here at college just demands good eatin', and it's no good to come home and eat a pop tart or a hot dog every day. So I decided to take up cooking and I'm glad I did! here's what I've made over the past week:

Spaghetti with meatballs- This was a blast and tasted unbelievably good. You'd probably pay $6/plate at any restaurant, but why do that when you can make it at home?
    Sweet French Bread- hot, fresh and buttery with olive oil

Also, Monday and Tuesday night of this week I made a Chicago Deep-Dish pizza that just about knocked my roommates flat. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know. It is the best homemade pizza I've ever tasted, and it rivals the authentic stuff you'll find in Chi-town for $24! It can be made for about $7, and it is SOOOOO worth it!!

Went shopping on Saturday too and got 8 packages of cheese, cream cheese, alfredo sauce, flour, the necessities; my roommates are wondering what got into me but cooking is awesome! Between all those tests you gotta eat good!
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza Recipe- Try this sometime!

Shoot, I'll just post the recipe. Y'all can thank me later! OK, here goes:

Dough:
    1 cup warm water
    1/2 cup cornmeal
    2 1/2 tsp. yeast
    2 3/4 cup flour
    2 tsp. sugar
    2 tbsp. corn oil
    1 tsp. salt

First, before you start anything, you're going to need a deep-dish pizza stone or pan. When you have that, put 1/4 cup corn oil in the pan, and 1/8 cup virgin olive oil. Tilt the pan a bit to make sure all the oil gets spread around. When you're done with that, sprinkle a little cornmeal all over the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle some basil, oregano and Italian seasoning in the pan. Let this pan set on the counter with a towel wrapped over it while the dough rises.

Make the dough in a breadmaker if possible. Pour warm water in with yeast first, then sugar, and then the rest of the ingredients. Set to the "dough" setting on your breadmaker. After it is finished (should be about 1 hour and 30 minutes), take out the dough. It should be moist but not sticky. If it's too sticky just pat a little flour on the outside of the dough. Set the dough in your pan for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes have passed, you're going to stretch the dough to the outsides of the pan. Press with your fingers to move the dough along the rims of the pan, thus creating the "deep dish" pizza style. When this is done, lightly grease the top of the dough with olive oil. Set in a preheated oven for 10 minutes on 375.

This is the best crust you can make...I guarantee it!! Now you're ready to top your pizza. Here's my fool-proof recipe. I pour about a bag of mozzerella cheese on the crust- don't put sauce on first!! After that top with pepperoni and 1 lb. browned sausage/beef. Then throw on some mushrooms and onions and top with another bag of cheese. After that, throw some more pepperoni on the layer of cheese. Finally, top with sauce. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper, basil and oregano on the sauce, and top with about 1/2 bag of mozzerella cheese.

Your deep-dish is now ready to go in the oven! Set oven to 400 and let cook for about 25-30 minutes. Keep an eye on it too- when the cheese is bubbling you know it's time to come out.

Enjoy! This pizza is so good you won't believe it. For an added kick, try it with applesauce!
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

Re: Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza Recipe- Try this sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85
    This pizza is so good you won't believe it. For an added kick, try it with applesauce!
    Okay, I believe the pizza would be great - although that sounds like mucho cheese, although I can live on cheese, so that doesn't sound too bad .

What I am curious about is, where does the 'try it with applesauce' come from - I never heard that one before.
    Dawn

NYYF Legend

Me either...pizza and applesauce?

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Me either...pizza and applesauce?
    It might sound crazy but I'm here to tell you that it's unbelievably and undeniably good!

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85
    It might sound crazy but I'm here to tell you that it's unbelievably and undeniably good!

Makes sense. Ham and pineapple great for the same reasons.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

Has anyone tried barbecue pizza? It was big in Memphis when I lived there, and now I see it's started to come east. It's OK, but pulled pork and barbecue sauce on a pizza just isn't pizza in my book..... but those barbecue tacos in Memphis, now that was good.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    Has anyone tried barbecue pizza? It was big in Memphis when I lived there, and now I see it's started to come east. It's OK, but pulled pork and barbecue sauce on a pizza just isn't pizza in my book..... but those barbecue tacos in Memphis, now that was good.
    It's fantastic, amico mio. There's quite a few places out here that make it, and a close relative, duck pizza
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

The wife & I are going out to eat tonight with some friends. We are going to this place in LI that makes the absolute best scallops with spinach and parmesan sauce you can ever imagine. I'm getting hungry already just thinking about it.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Casey37
    The wife & I are going out to eat tonight with some friends. We are going to this place in LI that makes the absolute best scallops with spinach and parmesan sauce you can ever imagine. I'm getting hungry already just thinking about it.
    OMG, that sounds scrumptious!

We're just having pizza tonight. By the time I got home from Halloween costume shopping with my son and my hubby went to pick up my daughter, it was so late I didn't feel like cooking. I'm now on homework duty. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck

Limburger cheese
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    I've had barbecue chicken pizza, but that's probably not the same as you are talking about.

I like chicken marsala pizza, if I must eat pizza.

I am making cheese-filled manicotti and salads tonight.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    I am making cheese-filled manicotti and salads tonight.
    Do you stuff it yourself or buy it frozen?
    When I make stuffed shells, people think I am crazy for making the cheese filling and stuffing them myself.

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

OMG, that sounds scrumptious!
    Yes it is. If you live in the NY area, Vincent's in Carle Place, LI (just outside of Queens) will knock your socks off with their Italian food. If you get a chance, try it. You will not regret it.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

childs size snack apple sauce and hot cider with rum an d lots of medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey37
    My wife makes that (she usually uses fish, though)...fish is on a bed of boiled spinach, with a sauce over the whole thing, and the parmigiano added at the last minute un til it backed into a "crust"
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    childs size snack apple sauce and hot cider with rum an d lots of medication.
    For a minute I was thinking this was the Things I Like thread.

Hope the tooth feels better soon.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

For a minute I was thinking this was the Things I Like thread.

Hope the tooth feels better soon.
    I got all kinds of stuff in me for the face/mouth/tooth. Vicadon (sp?) seems to work best. Tomorrow I'll have soup.

Thread Information