+ Reply to Thread
Page 514 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 14 414 464 504 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 524 564 614 1014 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 26447
    NYYF Legend

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by LDG
    Mr. LDG is making burgers on the grill with mashed potato and chives in a feeble attempt to erase the horrible baseball result tonight.

Yikes!!! You can eat burgers @ 11 p.m.... I haven't done that since..."1980- somethin''...
    Well...might have have some "3 a.m. White Castle 'slider's" in '93...but I paid for those all the next day..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gringaloca
    Yikes!!! You can eat burgers @ 11 p.m.... I haven't done that since..."1980- somethin''...
    Well...might have have some "3 a.m. White Castle 'slider's" in '93...but I paid for those all the next day..
    We're gonna do it! And these are no White Castle nuggets...these are monster burgers that I am purposely not eating on a bun because they're so huge!

NYYF Legend

We're gonna do it! And these are no White Castle nuggets...these are monster burgers that I am purposely not eating on a bun because they're so huge!
    You go, Girl ...just make sure you have the 150 Zantac & a bottle of water on the 'nightstand' before you go to bed..

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    We ended up eating leftover Chinese food.

I took a nice steak out to defrost in the microwave. But I thought hub would be home around 5:30. So I forgot it was in the microwave when he came home at 7 and we started watching tv and then the kids went in the pool.

At 9:25 I remembered the steak and hubby was going to fire up the grill, but the steak had been sitting in the microwave for 4 1/2 hours, so I wasn't comfortable eating it. In the garbage it went.
    I hate when that happens! I really hate to see food go to waste. One time I made brown rice and we ate some of it for dinner but I covered the pot and put it in the center part of the stove which is where I usually keep that pot since it is decorative. So, I forgot the rice was in there until about a week later! Yuck! Another time I put some take out chicken in the microwave to reheat and then forgot about it until the next day. Another toss out! Wasting a steak would really hurt me!

28 in '12

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Mr. LDG is making burgers on the grill with mashed potato and chives in a feeble attempt to erase the horrible baseball result tonight.

Nothing will erase getting skunked by a team that has no pitching. This wasn't an 8-6 game, but a 3-2 game, one in which our beloved Mo gave up the GWH after a leadoff double.

Please inform Mr LDG that if he can't come up with a recipe for a "blahburger" with some greasy goop on it, the shovel put under the door will be refused.

I was too lazy to cook. Din-din was:

Tostito's tortilla chips
    Salsa sauce from them

Nabisco chocolate chips

Pepperidge Farm cookies

Planter peanuts

Yeah, I was veggin' out today. I'll have to defrost the cold cuts in the AM.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Gringaloca
    Big Sis, there are no late night diners or drive-in places near you? Besides Mickey D's, there's another drive-in place near me, so I will just grab a burger, fries. Tastes great around 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning.

I've picked up some frozen cooked wings from Walgreens, so I don't always have to stop at the chicken shack to get those ($3 for 10 wings is cheaper than $ for 5 wings). Burger, fries, wings make a good "healthy" meal. Well, not quite healthy, but if you get a shake, then I'll have fulfilled my week's quota of junk food.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

How many ounces in those things? Did you have to get out the boxing gloves and beat it down with a stick before you cooked it?

I'll bet that if you put those bad boyz on a Kaiser roll, mayo, lettuce, tomato 'n' some pickles, all will be well.

If it can't fit onto a big arsed Kaiser roll, please inform Mr LDG that an order for the goodies shoveled under the door has been placed. However, only 1/2 of that darned burger tho. I could never eat all that by myself.

Well, JP ended up working very late last night, so I made turkey/swiss/spinach paninis, which came out yummy. Tonight we'll be grilling the sausage and peppers.

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Octoberbaby
    I hate when that happens! I really hate to see food go to waste. One time I made brown rice and we ate some of it for dinner but I covered the pot and put it in the center part of the stove which is where I usually keep that pot since it is decorative. So, I forgot the rice was in there until about a week later! Yuck! Another time I put some take out chicken in the microwave to reheat and then forgot about it until the next day. Another toss out! Wasting a steak would really hurt me!
    Yeah, it hurt being so wasteful but I was afraid to eat it after all that time.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    How many ounces in those things? Did you have to get out the boxing gloves and beat it down with a stick before you cooked it?

I'll bet that if you put those bad boyz on a Kaiser roll, mayo, lettuce, tomato 'n' some pickles, all will be well.

If it can't fit onto a big arsed Kaiser roll, please inform Mr LDG that an order for the goodies shoveled under the door has been placed. However, only 1/2 of that darned burger tho. I could never eat all that by myself.
    I don't know Brad, but they were sizeable. And did I mention the burger was piled high with chive mashed potato, French fried onions, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese slices, and bacon? I think he was trying to replicate the Steakhouse burger from BK.

Seeing as how I didn't have a heart attack, my penance was to eat steamed veggies for dinner tonight.

NYYF Legend

Haven't eaten yet. But we're making steaks on the grill with rice and corn.

Ravioli (and no, muggs, it is NOT Chef Boyardee )
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Koo Koo Roo Rotisserie Chicken Take Out tonight.

28 in '12

I don't know Brad, but they were sizeable. And did I mention the burger was piled high with chive mashed potato, French fried onions, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese slices, and bacon? I think he was trying to replicate the Steakhouse burger from BK.

Seeing as how I didn't have a heart attack, my penance was to eat steamed veggies for dinner tonight.
    What is this, one of those "Supa Dupa Burger" thingies I've long craved for? I say that you'll have to take the night off while Mr LDG and myself have a "Boyz Night Out" and have some of those greaseball thingies. Hold the bacon (I only eat beef or turkey bacon, no pork).

Anywayz, you sure that you wouldn't need some Maalox or Pepto Bismol after that monstrous thingy? After that, I'd be getting some sleep more than vegging out. However, steamed veggies sound fine.

Now then, how come there's a distinctive absence of Freedom Fries? Oh well, so much for the all-American fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    What is this, one of those "Supa Dupa Burger" thingies I've long craved for? I say that you'll have to take the night off while Mr LDG and myself have a "Boyz Night Out" and have some of those greaseball thingies. Hold the bacon (I only eat beef or turkey bacon, no pork).

Anywayz, you sure that you wouldn't need some Maalox or Pepto Bismol after that monstrous thingy? After that, I'd be getting some sleep more than vegging out. However, steamed veggies sound fine.

Now then, how come there's a distinctive absence of Freedom Fries? Oh well, so much for the all-American fare.
    1. I'm sure you could make it with turkey bacon and it would be just as good.

2. There's potato on the burger, so I think Freedom fries would be overkill!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

Bowling Alley or Sabrett's wagon for dinner tonight. GO YANKS!!

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Does anyone know of the deli near the stadium that someone mentioned on this board? I'm going to a few games this weekend and would like to go there maybe once.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Does anyone know of the deli near the stadium that someone mentioned on this board? I'm going
    Probably the Court Deli, Vick. It's 2 blocks east on 161st & Walton.

NYYF Legend

Probably the Court Deli, Vick. It's 2 blocks east on 161st & Walton.
    Thanks Laura. Have you eaten there?

NYYF Legend

Thanks Laura. Have you eaten there?
    No, but friends have and say it's good, cheap eats!

NYYF Legend

Tonight I'm making chicken (not sure how yet), noodles and asparagus.

NYYF Legend

Tonight it's just me and my middle kid. Everyone else is going to the beach. I'm thinking we may walk to the Center and go to one of the restaurants and eat outside. Maybe Cheesecake Factory, Risotto's or Max's Oyster Bar or something like that.

NYYF Legend

Tonight it's just me and my middle kid. Everyone else is going to the beach. I'm thinking we may walk to the Center and go to one of the restaurants and eat outside. Maybe Cheesecake Factory, Risotto's or Max's Oyster Bar or something like that.
    What's Risottos?

NYYF Legend

I assume you mean Blue Black Square and Rizzuto's. I hope you chose CF or Max's. Rizzuto's was very unimpressive a few weekends ago when I went.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

NYYF Legend

Leftover chicken tonight!

28 in '12

Thread Information