+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 424 464 514 914 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 26447
  1. #10326
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Don't they usually have peppers too? yuk.
    They do but you can omit them. When we make them home, we omit whatever we don't like.
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  2. #10327
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    They do but you can omit them. When we make them home, we omit whatever we don't like.
    Well what do you put in them?

  3. #10328
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well what do you put in them?
    Chicken, tomato, lettuce, fajita sauce, cheese....
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  4. #10329
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Chicken, tomato, lettuce, fajita sauce, cheese....
    Hmm.....I think I'll try it.

  5. #10330
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    I ran out of time, so I just baked some chicken legs and turkey wings, then nuked some frozen alfredo noodles.

    Since I generally make a lot of salad, I had some that I'd put aside in the fridge, and that was good also.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  6. #10331
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Hmm.....I think I'll try it.
    Lots and lots of cheese
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  7. #10332
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Lots and lots of cheese
    Jack cheese?

    What do you do, just get a big corn tortilla for those things and add stuff? I was at Chipotle's and the same stuff they'd used for a salad, they'd used for a burrito, except I think they added rice.

    Sometimes I should just make fast food at home, except it would take much longer.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  8. #10333
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Jack cheese?

    What do you do, just get a big corn tortilla for those things and add stuff? I was at Chipotle's and the same stuff they'd used for a salad, they'd used for a burrito, except I think they added rice.

    Sometimes I should just make fast food at home, except it would take much longer.
    Jack, extra sharp cheddar, Colby.

    Well you'd make the filling first. Chicken and the sauce, mix all the veggies you want in it, and roll them into the tortilla. Ugh I want a fajita now

    Yes you can use rice in them too. We've done it a few times using spanish rice and it came out pretty good.
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  9. #10334
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Jack, extra sharp cheddar, Colby.

    Well you'd make the filling first. Chicken and the sauce, mix all the veggies you want in it, and roll them into the tortilla. Ugh I want a fajita now

    Yes you can use rice in them too. We've done it a few times using spanish rice and it came out pretty good.
    I may try this at home. Right now, I think I make very good salads, use fresh ingredients, but it's always the same things: green or red leaf, romaine, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, carrots, etc. Yes, I vary it a lot, but I think that adding the burrito thing may help.

    I haven't used cheese in awhile (long gaseous story, if you catch my drift), but the fajita sauce, I'll have to see about.

    Do you use a large tortilla thing or a small one? Any special way to prepare this? Other than a taco, I'm no good at Mexican food.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  10. #10335
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    I ended up spending the night in the hospital (long story), so when I got home it was just a quick sandwich from Wawa.

  11. #10336
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    I may try this at home. Right now, I think I make very good salads, use fresh ingredients, but it's always the same things: green or red leaf, romaine, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, carrots, etc. Yes, I vary it a lot, but I think that adding the burrito thing may help.

    I haven't used cheese in awhile (long gaseous story, if you catch my drift), but the fajita sauce, I'll have to see about.

    Do you use a large tortilla thing or a small one? Any special way to prepare this? Other than a taco, I'm no good at Mexican food.
    The larger tortillas are easier to roll and they hold a little more.
    You just sautee the marinated chicken/beef til its almost done. I use a powdered fajita mix (just add some water) and sometimes we'll make a separate batch for my dad and brother since they like it spicier and will add hot sauce to it. You can throw in onions or peppers and let them cook for about 2 minutes. Take it off the stove, and then just roll it into the tortilla- adding whatever veggies you want (you can also throw in sour cream, guacamole and cheese too if desired)
    Usually when I use tortillas, I'll set them in a warm frying pan so they get heated. You could use the microwave too if you want. When I have them in a warm frying pan, they get crunchy a little and its delicious!
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  12. #10337
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    I ended up spending the night in the hospital (long story), so when I got home it was just a quick sandwich from Wawa.
    Oh noes
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  13. #10338
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    The larger tortillas are easier to roll and they hold a little more.
    You just sautee the marinated chicken/beef til its almost done. I use a powdered fajita mix (just add some water) and sometimes we'll make a separate batch for my dad and brother since they like it spicier and will add hot sauce to it. You can throw in onions or peppers and let them cook for about 2 minutes. Take it off the stove, and then just roll it into the tortilla- adding whatever veggies you want (you can also throw in sour cream, guacamole and cheese too if desired)
    Usually when I use tortillas, I'll set them in a warm frying pan so they get heated. You could use the microwave too if you want. When I have them in a warm frying pan, they get crunchy a little and its delicious!
    Thanks, Baby Sis.

    I'll have to try this Mexican dish soon.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  14. #10339
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Thanks, Baby Sis.

    I'll have to try this Mexican dish soon.
    No problem. Let me know how it works out.
    I don't do measurements and recipes...I more or less just wing everything.
    I <3 Mexican food!


    EDIT:
    Found this link for fajita seasoning mix you can make on your own...

    http://busycooks.about.com/od/homema...aseasonmix.htm

    We have something like this one:
    http://www.melissas.com/images/products/2118a.jpg

    We've used this before though...
    http://www.mccormick.com/assets/290_6293_fajitas.gif
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  15. #10340
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Thanks again, Linda.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  16. #10341
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    I buy the tortillas in the refrigerator section and make sandwich wraps with them. Sometimes I make scrambled eggs and bacon wraps too.
    You can fill then with just about anything.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  17. #10342
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    I ended up spending the night in the hospital (long story), so when I got home it was just a quick sandwich from Wawa.
    Oh no. Hope everything's ok.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  18. #10343
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    I buy the tortillas in the refrigerator section and make sandwich wraps with them. Sometimes I make scrambled eggs and bacon wraps too.
    You can fill then with just about anything.
    Yea exactly. IF you can put it in a sandwich, you can put it in a tortilla
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  19. #10344
    Destination: Cali West Texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Surfing

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Yea exactly. IF you can put it in a sandwich, you can put it in a tortilla
    Truer words never spoken.
    You look hot. Seriously.

  20. #10345
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by West Texas
    Truer words never spoken.
    I got this!

    Hell, Ruben can give you tips on what you can make with tortillas if you really want
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  21. #10346
    NYYF Legend

    penfold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoCal

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    You can always make quesedillas (sp?) w/ tortillas. Essentially, it's a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich. Put jalapenos, extra meat, veggies, etc. as you like.

  22. #10347
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    LMAO Burritos, fajitas, I've been know to put hummus on it
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  23. #10348
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    You can always make quesedillas (sp?) w/ tortillas. Essentially, it's a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich. Put jalapenos, extra meat, veggies, etc. as you like.
    Ahh yes you can do that too.

    Ohhh I love quesadillas
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  24. #10349
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    HAhaha I know you'd respond! When I come to NY, I will make you some
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

  25. #10350
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: What's on the menu this evening?

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    HAhaha I know you'd respond! When I come to NY, I will make you some
    Hey I have a question for you. Look for me next time you sign onto AIM
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts