+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 1056 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 74 124 524 1024 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

I made homemade chicken soup this afternoon. I had some stock in the freezer, so I added some chicken from the legs we had last night, carrots and onion. Then I found a box of matzoh ball mix so I made matzoh balls too. I can't wait to eat it.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Leftover lasagna for me and hub...canned soup for the girls. They don't want lasagna again.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Chicken Parm tonight..mmmm...
    My Native American name is RunsWithCrashCart.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    Leftover lasagna for me and hub...canned soup for the girls. They don't want lasagna again.
    I'd rather have lasagna anyday than canned soup! Kids!

My soup came out good, or so everyone else said. I couldn't taste it. But I feel better. It really does help.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Chicken Parm tonight..mmmm...
    Yummmaayy!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    I'd rather have lasagna anyday than canned soup! Kids!

My soup came out good, or so everyone else said. I couldn't taste it. But I feel better. It really does help.
    It's true, it is like penicillin.

Yeah kids don't know the real deal. But actually my older one is under the weather, the the younger one wanted to go to a friend's to study tonight, and I insisted she eat something. She picked soup because it's fast
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Quick question---I bought a roaster and it is in the oven @ 350 degrees. It is uncovered and sitting in a mirapeux (sp).

The Chicken is 3.5 lbs, I totally lost my meat therm. (no jokes). Any hints on when I will know it's done?
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

I burned my hand taking my previously frozen crabcakes out of the oven. fredgmuggs is not pleased
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis
    Quick question---I bought a roaster and it is in the oven @ 350 degrees. It is uncovered and sitting in a mirapeux (sp).

The Chicken is 3.5 lbs, I totally lost my meat therm. (no jokes). Any hints on when I will know it's done?
    I didn't think they made them without the little pop up thingy anymore...

And what's a mirapeux?

http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...8&catitemid=25

http://www.helpwithcooking.com/cooki...ting-temp-time
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

And what's a mirapeux?

The last 2 whole chickens I bought didn't have the pop-up timers either. I think it might be a Purdue thing. Mine were some other brand.

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Yummmaayy!
    I know...you're tellin me!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    I burned my hand taking my previously frozen crabcakes out of the oven. fredgmuggs is not pleased
    What? Real men don't use pot holders?

NYYF Legend

And what's a mirapeux?

Good site, thanks Trish.

I am totally spelling it wrong it is mirepoix. Roughly cut up celery,carrots,onions, maybe add a little rosmary,bayleaf or thyme. Usually you add the vegtables and a broth to the bottom of the pan. The snobby French use chardonnay or Pinot Blanc... I used Heineken Light since I have white wine that I don't want to part with and the light beer was left over from a party and I detest looking at it in the fridge.

I coated the bird in olive oil and put garlic and herbs under the skin. It is a free range organic bird so no pop up thingy. I usually use a meat therm. but god knows what happened to it. I rarely cook meat ( tip toes the vegan line) so when I do it's when the GF comes over. So the bird is sitting on all of that, uncovered which makes it a pain in the butt to tell when it's done. Since it gets really crispy really fast.

Well, now that I have your ear trish how about some stuffing tips? I have a box of stove top in the cuppard and the giblets (sp) are sitting on my counter.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

And what's a mirapeux?
    I'm not sure if that's spelled correctly (I never did take high school French).... but it's that French cooking trinity of onions, carrots and celery, I do believe.

Sheesh, you never watched Jacques Pepin in your life?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I made beef brisket earlier tonight. I was worried since I never cooked it before, and have been told it can be tricky. I looked at a bunch of recipes but one didn't really jump out, so I just combined my favorite parts, which was a gamble since I don't eat meat. Anyway, I made a dry rub and cooked it in the oven uncovered for an hour. Then I poured some veggie stock, smoked bbq sauce, and beer over it, and cooked it for 3 hours. My boyfriend loved it.

mmm chicken parm was yummy...with garlic bread as well...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis
    Good site, thanks Trish.

I am totally spelling it wrong it is mirepoix. Roughly cut up celery,carrots,onions, maybe add a little rosmary,bayleaf or thyme. Usually you add the vegtables and a broth to the bottom of the pan. The snobby French use chardonnay or Pinot Blanc... I used Heineken Light since I have white wine that I don't want to part with and the light beer was left over from a party and I detest looking at it in the fridge.

I coated the bird in olive oil and put garlic and herbs under the skin. It is a free range organic bird so no pop up thingy. I usually use a meat therm. but god knows what happened to it. I rarely cook meat ( tip toes the vegan line) so when I do it's when the GF comes over. So the bird is sitting on all of that, uncovered which makes it a pain in the butt to tell when it's done. Since it gets really crispy really fast.

Well, now that I have your ear trish how about some stuffing tips? I have a box of stove top in the cuppard and the giblets (sp) are sitting on my counter.
    ...I thought a mirepeaux was some sort of fancy roasting pan or something...

What do I know? I throw it in a pan and put it in the oven I'm sure it came out great.

I generally don't stuff the chicken. Although I do sometimes put a whole lemon in the cavity. It makes it really moist, but it does add to the cooking time, so unless I can put it in early I don't use it.

I baste it with olive oil or butter, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and that's usually it for me.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

...I thought a mirepeaux was some sort of fancy roasting pan or something...

What do I know? I throw it in a pan and put it in the oven I'm sure it came out great.

I generally don't stuff the chicken. Although I do sometimes put a whole lemon in the cavity. It makes it really moist, but it does add to the cooking time, so unless I can put it in early I don't use it.

I baste it with olive oil or butter, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and that's usually it for me.
    Yum, I do the same thing--cut a lemon in half, squeeze it over the bird and put the lemon halves in the cavity. Sometimes I'll stick in some garlic cloves, sometimes some rosemary. It's always yummy.

Stuffing, when I do make it, is heavy on the butter--I melt a whole stick of it and sautee onions, mushrooms and celery, and then pour that mixture of a pile of fresh cubed bread. Then I shake a ton of Bell's seasoning over it, stir, add warm water if needed, and shove it in the bird. mmmmm.

Lets see. Dinner last night was teriyaki steak tips, rice pilaf, carrots and salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hildy910
    Yum, I do the same thing--cut a lemon in half, squeeze it over the bird and put the lemon halves in the cavity. Sometimes I'll stick in some garlic cloves, sometimes some rosemary. It's always yummy.

Stuffing, when I do make it, is heavy on the butter--I melt a whole stick of it and sautee onions, mushrooms and celery, and then pour that mixture of a pile of fresh cubed bread. Then I shake a ton of Bell's seasoning over it, stir, add warm water if needed, and shove it in the bird. mmmmm.

Lets see. Dinner last night was teriyaki steak tips, rice pilaf, carrots and salad.
    Bell's Seasoning... Best.Stuff.Ever. I use it in everything. I don't know how I ever got by without it.
    Last night I made Pesto Shrimp over some pasta.
    Tonight - home made pizza margherita (wheat crust) - making pizzas is my new obsession since I finally got a pizza stone
    Dawn

This must be whole chicken week - I made one for dinner Sunday. No stuffing, though - I didn't buy any stuffing mix and I do not make good stuffing. I don't know why not, but I don't - thankfully, my mom and sister do or we'd be having Stove Top for Thanksgiving!

Last night was stir fry beef and tonight is grilled fresh tuna on salad. YUM.

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by destelle
    Bell's Seasoning... Best.Stuff.Ever. I use it in everything. I don't know how I ever got by without it.
    Last night I made Pesto Shrimp over some pasta.
    Tonight - home made pizza margherita (wheat crust) - making pizzas is my new obsession since I finally got a pizza stone
    Hmmm........I've never used Bell's Seasoning. I'll have to check it out.

NYYF Legend

I've never used Bells seasoning either. Is it poultry seasoning wth thyme in it?

I'm not really "cooking" tonight. Just lazy I guess. I bought some kind of Taco Hamburger Helper and that's what I'm making.

PTA meeting tonight.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Cajun meatloaf

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I'm making homemade sauce even though I'm headed out to a soccer meeting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    I'm making homemade sauce even though I'm headed out to a soccer meeting.
    Do you leave it on the stove cooking when no one is home, or are you making it in a slow cooker?

Thread Information