+ Reply to Thread
Page 1028 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 28 528 928 978 1018 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1038 ... LastLast
Results 25,676 to 25,700 of 26442
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I love BLTs but they're so much better later on when you can pick a ripe tomato off the vine from your garden.

I'm going to throw a frozen hamburger on the grill. I always keep a box of burgers in the freezer during the summer for nights when I don't feel like rattling a lot of pots and pans.
    I could never remember what kinds of tomatoes are which, but for anything sauce-based, the ripe-vine (vine-ripe?) types of tomatoes (the ones that are medium-sized, more expensive, very red and round) are great. I think for sandwiches, the medium-sized oval ones are better. I could use the ripe-vine type for sandwiches, but only if I'm eating it right there. Otherwise, the sandwich gets soggy.

I could just use the Foreman grill for all of that. Beef bacon, green leaf lettuce, and the oval-shaped tomatoes. Add in some deli mustard, a weedle bit o' mayo and I'm all set.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

I love BLTs but they're so much better later on when you can pick a ripe tomato off the vine from your garden.

I'm going to throw a frozen hamburger on the grill. I always keep a box of burgers in the freezer during the summer for nights when I don't feel like rattling a lot of pots and pans.
    I sliced up two campari tomatoes. They were tasty. That being said I can't wait for Jersey tomatoes fresh off the vine.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    What's an oven pizza? You mean one of those el cheapo pizza ovens? Or a pizza that you bake in a standard household oven?
    Bake in a regular oven.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    I sliced up two campari tomatoes. They were tasty. That being said I can't wait for Jersey tomatoes fresh off the vine.
    I'd kill for a cherry tomato right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Bake in a regular oven.

^^ There ya go. Print that baby out in color, insert into oven, and muncha-muncha-muncha.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Too hot to cook so it's grilled swiss cheese, bacon and tomato sandwich.
    Sounds yummy.
    I made some chicken salad and corn on the cob with baked zucchini slices.

We always keep a box of frozen burgers as well. The deli/meat market down the street has the best Angus burgers.

We have an oven pizza, so maybe we'll have that? I have to wait until he gets home I guess. I kind of want to eat now. Harumph.
    So have a little snack to tide you over till he gets home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    I could never remember what kinds of tomatoes are which, but for anything sauce-based, the ripe-vine (vine-ripe?) types of tomatoes (the ones that are medium-sized, more expensive, very red and round) are great. I think for sandwiches, the medium-sized oval ones are better. I could use the ripe-vine type for sandwiches, but only if I'm eating it right there. Otherwise, the sandwich gets soggy.

I could just use the Foreman grill for all of that. Beef bacon, green leaf lettuce, and the oval-shaped tomatoes. Add in some deli mustard, a weedle bit o' mayo and I'm all set.
    I think you have it backwards. The round ones are usually used in salads and sandwiches. The oval roma tomatoes are usually the sauce ones.

I don't have cherry tomatoes, but I do have grape tomatoes.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by rymaster or ryan_yankees View Post
    i'd kill for a cherry right now.
    ^^ Fixed.

*runs & hides*

NYYF Legend

I've been eating them for a few weeks now. I have a cherry tomato plant on my patio. My boyfriend and I have a garden with 28 tomato plants (we got carried away with the planting!) Can't wait for them to ripen.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

I've been eating them for a few weeks now. I have a cherry tomato plant on my patio. My boyfriend and I have a garden with 28 tomato plants (we got carried away with the planting!) Can't wait for them to ripen.
    28 plants? I'd say you got a little more than carried away!

I hope you have a lot of people to give them to! I wish I was your neighbor.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    So have a little snack to tide you over till he gets home.
    I was going to but got lazy. He'll be home within an hour.

NYYF Legend

I was going to but got lazy. He'll be home within an hour.

funny i don't usually get lazy when i'm hungry and there's food to be had..probably why i need to take a few pounds off.

a bunch of girls at work joined Weight Watchers online so i may do that just to have people to do it with -- maybe that will motivate me. I avoided WW because I'm bad with counting points and food groups and stuff but they told me it's easy. we'll see.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post

funny i don't usually get lazy when i'm hungry and there's food to be had..probably why i need to take a few pounds off.

a bunch of girls at work joined Weight Watchers online so i may do that just to have people to do it with -- maybe that will motivate me. I avoided WW because I'm bad with counting points and food groups and stuff but they told me it's easy. we'll see.
    That's why I could never do WW either. Because if it wasn't something I could continue forever, I wouldn't be able to maintain it. But I heard WW got easier than it used to be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post

I've lost almost 20 pounds with weight watchers. I can't do strictly online though because Ineed to be accountable and I need the support of the meetings.

It's really a do-able program. Much easier than ever with e-tools. And if you have a smartphone it's super easy.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I've lost almost 20 pounds with weight watchers. I can't do strictly online though because Ineed to be accountable and I need the support of the meetings.

It's really a do-able program. Much easier than ever with e-tools. And if you have a smartphone it's super easy.
    Congratulations, Trish. It's nice to hear about something you can feel good (and proud) about. Great work.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I saw your picture on facebook - wow Trish! I seem to hear a lot of success stories with WW. How are you doing? Things settle down or is that for another thread? LOT?

NYYF Legend

Trish that's great! Very happy for you.

28 plants? I'd say you got a little more than carried away!

I hope you have a lot of people to give them to! I wish I was your neighbor.
    Yep, it's crazy. We started them all from seeds too. Many different varieties. We will donate a lot to our area soup kitchen plus Bob makes his own sauce and jars a lot of it.
    I wish you were my neighbor!

NYYF Legend

That's really great, Trish!

NYYF Legend

That's why I could never do WW either. Because if it wasn't something I could continue forever, I wouldn't be able to maintain it. But I heard WW got easier than it used to be.
    I remember trying to use my mom's materials once (she gains and loses the same 15 pounds a lot but does well on it) and I wound up with all these fats I still had to eat at the end of the day -- I was lost. It was a loong time ago though when I only wanted to take off about 6 or 7 pounds.

Ooh - congrats Trish -that's awesome! can i ask if you're exercising too or just dieting?

I didn't realize you could mix - I thought they said it's either online or meetings. My friend showed me the app and it definitely looked easier!

I'm usually one that needs to be on the scale in front of people to weigh in but I don't really have the time and figured I can try to be accountable to the rest of our group and myself and see how it goes...plus, I realized it was do or die because in our frustrating with the visa process a couple weeks back, we were talking about maybe just moving up getting married and i said i can't - i need to lose some weight. so I think it's time if it might be keeping me from doing something so important.

NYYF Legend

Yep, it's crazy. We started them all from seeds too. Many different varieties. We will donate a lot to our area soup kitchen plus Bob makes his own sauce and jars a lot of it.
    That's awesome that you donate them Teri!! glad things are going well with Bob too!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I saw your picture on facebook - wow Trish! I seem to hear a lot of success stories with WW. How are you doing? Things settle down or is that for another thread? LOT?
    No, my life is basically hell right now. Nothing that I want to share though, not here anyway.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

No, my life is basically hell right now. Nothing that I want to share though, not here anyway.
    You'll feel better if you share-- especially here where someone will statistically show how your life is exponentially better than the Yankees hitting with RISP.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

That's great about donating them!

Trishie, I'm glad that things are working out well for you.

Sorry about the other aspect of things, whatever they are. I do hope that things improve.

*hugs*

Smash burgers & sweet potato fries.

That's great! Congrats! I really should join WW. I need to lose 35-40 pounds. I don't have a smartphone, though.

I have a London broil marinating in a peppercorn marinade. We'll grill that tonight, and I'll make some mashed potatoes. I think we're headed to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thread Information