+ Reply to Thread
Page 1014 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 14 514 914 964 1004 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1024 ... LastLast
Results 25,326 to 25,350 of 26443

Re: What's on the menu this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    No capers in the recipe I used. The lemon butter sauce contains:

butter
    yellow onions
    garlic
    fresh lemon juice
    dry white wine
    kosher salt
    white pepper

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/carrabbas...#ixzz1oeX4Wdtr
    I would substitute capers for the onion.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

[QUOTE=rpbri2886;7459011]Lazy dinner tonight of roasted chicken, breaded veggies, and couscous. Although I need to bake my soda bread and start getting the corn beef ready for tomorrow's post-parade feast.[/QUOTE]

So bummed we can't go.

NYYF Legend

Pizza with mushrooms and onions, Bogle Riesling
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by rpbri2886 View Post
    Lazy dinner tonight of roasted chicken, breaded veggies, and couscous. Although I need to bake my soda bread and start getting the corn beef ready for tomorrow's post-parade feast.
    Who won this time?
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck View Post
    Who won this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck View Post
    Who won this time?
    Anyone selling green hats.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I know we've had some Olive Garden controversy in here before. Has anyone been following the story of this lovely senior lady in North Dakota and her viral OG review? In a nutshell, she's 86, and does restaurant reviews for the local paper--and the new Olive Garden was a big event. And of course interwebs snark ensued!

As a result of her new-found internet fame, she gets to eat at Le Bernardin, which is pretty much one of my goals in life. So I'm pretty jealous.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...sEnabled=false

NYYF Legend

I did read the article the other day...I only hope I'm able to put together complete sentences at age 86...LOL
    I actually like Olive Garden. But I don't have any Italian blood in me. so maybe I just don't know any better.

And you're right about the snarky blog comments...talk about pretenious self-important a-holes.
    Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly........

Quote Originally Posted by Gringaloca View Post
    I did read the article the other day...I only hope I'm able to put together complete sentences at age 86...LOL
    I actually like Olive Garden. But I don't have any Italian blood in me. so maybe I just don't know any better.

And you're right about the snarky blog comments...talk about pretenious self-important a-holes.
    Exactly! Apparently she writes a bunch of different columns for the paper, of which I've read a few...and I pretty much love her now. Sort of reminds me of my MIL in FL who will be 90 in May.

I don't go the Olive Garden much--usually it's with friends from work or what not. It's usually been enjoyable but I'm not Italian either.

Anyhoo...right now I am eating celery with peanut butter. I may or may not tag along with the bf when he plays in his pool league championship later--if I do, I'll be eating a burger, which will be two nights in a row of deadly red meat LOL. I've been trying to stick to a mostly vegetarian-with-some-fish-and-chicken way of eating lately, hence the guilt.

NYYF Legend

I made homemade sauce for our friend with 4 kids that has stomach cancer. Husband made the meatballs. I put together a big salad, some dressing and Texas toast and brought it over tonight. I signed up for another dinner for Thurs that has to be made tomorrow. I have no idea what to do for the 2nd meal. I wish I had spaced them out a little more. I'm working a few late nights this week so this week isn't that great but it's too late - I already signed up. Any suggestions? The only thing the website says about meals is "no nuts and no peppers."

Mac and Cheese? Tacos that can be reheated? Drop off for meals is between 2-5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I made homemade sauce for our friend with 4 kids that has stomach cancer. Husband made the meatballs. I put together a big salad, some dressing and Texas toast and brought it over tonight. I signed up for another dinner for Thurs that has to be made tomorrow. I have no idea what to do for the 2nd meal. I wish I had spaced them out a little more. I'm working a few late nights this week so this week isn't that great but it's too late - I already signed up. Any suggestions? The only thing the website says about meals is "no nuts and no peppers."

Mac and Cheese? Tacos that can be reheated? Drop off for meals is between 2-5pm.
    Baked ziti is my go-to drop off meal.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Baked ziti is my go-to drop off meal.
    That sounds good.

I was going to suggest something in the crock, Vicki, since you have a time issue. But I don't know how picky they are? Would they eat something like the cranberry pot roast that would be easy to assemble?

Forum Regular
    Splitting time between Dayton, NJ and Needmore, PA

Nothing fancy tonight: Chicken Piccata with a side of linguine and some mixed vegetables. Wine will probably be a Mondavi Pinot Grigio.

Tomorrow should be fun: Old Fashioned Corned Beef and Cabbage with boiled potatoes and Guinness!
    Marc

NYYF Legend

meatloaf & mashed potatoes?
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Texas toast?
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    meatloaf & mashed potatoes?
    Good idea
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

Thanks for the ideas you guys. I'll pick one of them and do it tonight and bring it over tomorrow. The drop off hours are between 2-5pm so it's something they will prob have to heat. I don't know.....she is coming home from Sloan Kettering today - she prob can't eat much I'm assuming. Last time I saw her she was soooo skinny from the cancer being in her stomach and parts of her stomach were removed. Poor thing.

NYYF Legend

Vic, Chili and cornbread would be nice too. Easy to heat up.
    I'm sure your friend isn't eating much these days.

You can't go wrong with Chicken Marsala and a nice salad.

NYYF Legend

Vick, do you have to cook it or can you bring something from a local restaurant?

NYYF Legend

Vick, do you have to cook it or can you bring something from a local restaurant?
    It doesn't matter. A few of my friends just order from restaurants or catering places. I may do that for tomorrow. I've got nothing for tonight to make and I have a lot of work to do pretty soon.

NYYF Legend

It doesn't matter. A few of my friends just order from restaurants or catering places. I may do that for tomorrow. I've got nothing for tonight to make and I have a lot of work to do pretty soon.
    Oh then, yeah, I would do that.
    That's nice that people bring food. How many are signed up to do that? Do they do it every night?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Oh then, yeah, I would do that.
    That's nice that people bring food. How many are signed up to do that? Do they do it every night?
    There is a site called Helping Hands where a host organizes when the family needs help. There is some info, for example, where to put the food, what someone is allergic to, etc. They started out with just Tues and Thurs meals and now I see the host added Sunday on there - prob because she is just getting out of the hospital.

The first 2 months after she was diagnosed and going through intensive chemo, the pee wee football team one of the kids plays on had meals catered for 2 whole months - all the parents chipped in to pay for the food. The catering company is the same guy I use for all my doc/hospital meals I bring.

This is the Helping Hands webiste: http://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/

NYYF Legend

There is a site called Helping Hands where a host organizes when the family needs help. There is some info, for example, where to put the food, what someone is allergic to, etc. They started out with just Tues and Thurs meals and now I see the host added Sunday on there - prob because she is just getting out of the hospital.

The first 2 months after she was diagnosed and going through intensive chemo, the pee wee football team one of the kids plays on had meals catered for 2 whole months - all the parents chipped in to pay for the food. The catering company is the same guy I use for all my doc/hospital meals I bring.

This is the Helping Hands webiste: http://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/
    That's really great!

I passed the link along to my friend who is doing everything he can to raise funds and gather help for his friend's son with cancer. I don't know if he's aware of it, but it might be something he can look into. So many people want to help, but often don't know how.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I had my corned beef sandwich a day early. It looked good, so I bought it. Yummy.

Not satisfied with that, I ended up ordering with everyone else. Some place that said they'd pack on muscles from their food. Wot-evah.

I had some turkey over brown rice. Nice once I got it home (I wuz stuffed after the corned beef). Since I was by Union City, I went to one of those Churasscuro places and had a small beef ribs thingy over rice. Of course, I had to combine the two when I got home, but wot-evah.

Nice to have a non-boring meal.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Thread Information