+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Math wizards? A problem need help with please.

The starting number is 305,000

24 months later the number has reached 475,000 to September

The increase has thus gone up 170,000 in 24 months to September

While this was happening, the monthly outlay was 1,200 for 24 months

Since the 24 month period has passed the new number is now 500,000 - at a minimum.

New number has climbed 25,000 at a minimum for the last 4 months.

The outlay has continued to be 1,200 per month

Would these changes be considered a good thing? +195,000 over 28 months term?

Outlay for the 28 month period would be ... at 1,200 per month ... the total outlay is 33,600

Additional costs added to outlay for 28 month period is 3,600 more.

Total outlay for 28 months is now 33,600 + 3,600 = 37,200

As I see it the numbers would then be 195,000 - 37,200 = 157,800. 157,800 over a 28 month period would be + 5,635.71 increase per month then.

If you take on an additional outlay of 800 per month in a short period of time ... making the monthly outlay right at 2,000 then instead of 1,200 ... wouldn't it still be a good thing to happen as long as one could afford the 2,000 outlay?
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 01-19-06 at 01:19 AM.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Legend

Re: Math wizards? A problem need help with please.

I`m paying $6.oo dollars canadian per quart of beer per nite of Labatt blue.I`m drinking 6 quarts per nite...6 times per week...6 times per year.
    Is this a good position to be in?

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF MVP

....Yes
    Pain Heals. Chicks Dig Scars. Glory Lasts Forever.

NYYF MVP

...No
    Pain Heals. Chicks Dig Scars. Glory Lasts Forever.

Too many numbers, they all started blurring together...

Come back to me in May when I finish taking financial analysis and maybe I'll be able to tell you...
    ~*~ Bleeding Maize and Blue since 2001 ~*~

Do you know what time it is?
    Let the kids play.

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

The answer is 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos

EDIT: I hate you guys.

NYYF Legend

I'll look at it tomorrow when I'm sober.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

What's infinity minus one?
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

How could anyone tell? What you're posting is a bunch of nonsense.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    I`m paying $6.oo dollars canadian per quart of beer per nite of Labatt blue.I`m drinking 6 quarts per nite...6 times per week...6 times per year.
    Is this a good position to be in?
    No. Position should soften because of what follows...

216 per week for the 6 weeks Canadian bucks. 1296 total Canadian being spent for only 6 weeks of Labatt Blue time, leaving 46 weeks of non-Labatt Blue dry time. For the Labatt Blue wet times to be available daily means 3.65 Canadian per day is available for every day in year to spend. This amount per day will purchase 19.46 oz of Labatt Blue beverage per night for 100% of time in year instead of 192 oz per night for only 11.54% of year leaving 88.46% of sad non-Labatt Blue nights in the year. Change ways by sweet talking friends into buying you some extra gulps if really needed for a pleasant evening.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    What's infinity minus one?
    One less grain of sand on the beach because you brought it home from the shore in your swim suit. No one will even notice one grain is missing because of an infinite supply of sand remains.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    The answer is 3.
    Not the answer I was hoping to hear.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub
    At the present time on the left coast it looks to be close to three minutes after eleven pm.

*It looks like my clock is off by one minute.
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 01-19-06 at 02:05 AM. Reason: time correction

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    The starting number is 305,000

24 months later the number has reached 475,000 to September

The increase has thus gone up 170,000 in 24 months to September

While this was happening, the monthly outlay was 1,200 for 24 months

Since the 24 month period has passed the new number is now 500,000 - at a minimum.

New number has climbed 25,000 at a minimum for the last 4 months.

The outlay has continued to be 1,200 per month

Would these changes be considered a good thing? +195,000 over 28 months term?

Outlay for the 28 month period would be ... at 1,200 per month ... the total outlay is 33,600

Additional costs added to outlay for 28 month period is 3,600 more.

Total outlay for 28 months is now 33,600 + 3,600 = 37,200

As I see it the numbers would then be 195,000 - 37,200 = 157,800. 157,800 over a 28 month period would be + 5,635.71 increase per month then.

If you take on an additional outlay of 800 per month in a short period of time ... making the monthly outlay right at 2,000 then instead of 1,200 ... wouldn't it still be a good thing to happen as long as one could afford the 2,000 outlay?
    To answer your question...Yes. I think. Your outlay would still be 40,000 + 3600 additional costs, which would total 43, 600, which is just a 6,400 increase. The numbers would then be 195000-43,600 = 151400 or 5407 per month.

I dunno, but I say sell that house now before the bubble bursts in Cali like it is in NY!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

Quote Originally Posted by Bub

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Great song.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by allybear
    I dunno, but I say sell that house now before the bubble bursts in Cali like it is in NY!
    I know that the price increase is slowing down in CA but I don't know for sure whether prices have started to decrease.

But I agree -- now is the time to sell.

Hopefully, I'll be in a position to buy after this freaking bubble goes POP!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    To answer your question...Yes. I think. Your outlay would still be 40,000 + 3600 additional costs, which would total 43, 600, which is just a 6,400 increase. The numbers would then be 195000-43,600 = 151400 or 5407 per month.
    I guess I was close. Thanks for your honest answer. I'm just showing that things are still okay money wise and there isn't an immediate worry to add to the everyday bills and stresses everyone has to face... in everyone's everyday life.

Some people have school loans to pay off, the new car payments, unexpected medical costs and such. Thanks again ... my Nutmeg friend.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    I guess I was close. Thanks for your honest answer. I'm just showing that things are still okay money wise and there isn't an immediate worry to add to the everyday bills and stresses everyone has to face... in everyone's everyday life.

Some people have school loans to pay off, the new car payments, unexpected medical costs and such. Thanks again ... my Nutmeg friend.
    Yes, unfortunately, you still have to account for taxes and not everyone makes 195000

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by allybear
    I dunno, but I say sell that house now before the bubble
    bursts in Cali like it is in NY!
    I sure understand what you mean. Was talking to my dad about that just last night.

It burst in New York? How there? I can see it happening other places but not there? What we have on our side is the fact that things are very flat in Ohio. Lot's of people that want to sell ... and not enough buyers. Prices will still be excellent. I'm not worried about a re-sale concern. That isn't what's important. Security is ... and less struggle with everyday life.

A lot of people do say this ... but I believe I do mean it ... that this will be a final home for me because of my age. We know what we'll be looking for. A nice problem is there are a lot of nice choices there. I'd hate to jump on one that looks good and then find more of a dream home on a different street the next week!

When I'm talking dream home ... I don't mean very expensive. It would be nice to buy one outright if we could, but I've heard negative things about doing that ... but not sure if good insurance takes care of that problem. I'm not rich by any means.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    I know that the price increase is slowing down in CA but I don't know for sure whether prices have started to decrease.

But I agree -- now is the time to sell.

That's what I'm doing.

NYYF Legend

It's insane here in Brentwood. By other people's standards I may be living in a dump. House is 24 years old. Only three bedrooms and two full baths. About 1,600 sq feet on what is considered to be a bigger lot here - if you can believe it. .16 acre!

This isn't a major city where buildings bump against each other. This used to be prime California produce land. Everything... from corn to almonds. It's almost all homes now. My "dump" can get 500,000 +... I have been told. Insane ... but I'll take it. My same model went for 505,000 last August about ten homes away ... on a smaller, less landscaped lot with no trees... and no rv parking. Lots of people around here own boats. I'd say about every third house are boat owners. (We are in the delta area in California) I have five large trees and lots of shade. It is always in the 90's in the summer - but no humidity... so shade is nice.

When I was divorced, the house was appraised at 305,000! I'm lucky that my ex didn't take my offer to her to buy me out. I gave her half a dozen chances, but she said no. I had to pay her quite a bit ... but it looks like it was worth it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    I hope so for you. A house is nice. There are problems at times ... but you own it. In Rhode Island my grandparents and aunts & uncles lived in beautiful little Capes. My favorite was directly across from a Country Club. If you had an electric golf cart ... and could afford to be a member ... all you would have to do is drive it out of your garage, down the long one-lane driveway and directly across the street and into the parking lot of the Country Club.

Even though the Cape was small ... it would of been a dream house to me. I used to play a little golf.

If someone reads this and knows Rhode Island ... it was right off New London Ave in West Warwick ... an older area.

NYYF Legend

I still don't completely understand the tax part. Because I'm buying down in price. I don't know if the laws have changed. I don't know if this could be my one-time exemption?

Thread Information