+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Anyone see O'Reilly on Letterman the other night?

I'm not a Bill O'Reilly fan, but I thought Letterman went out of his way to act like an asshole in that interview.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Re: Anyone see O'Reilly on Letterman the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey
    I'm not a Bill O'Reilly fan, but I thought Letterman went out of his way to act like an asshole in that interview.
    He did and it was hilarious.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Released Outright

They're both idiots. I just don't understand what the point of even having O'Reilly on the show was. Letterman clearly doesn't like him, and he wasn't interested in debating with him OR having fun. So why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    They're both idiots. I just don't understand what the point of even having O'Reilly on the show was. Letterman clearly doesn't like him, and he wasn't interested in debating with him OR having fun. So why bother?

Pssst, Barry.........it's all about ratings.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Pssst, Barry.........it's all about ratings.
    I get that, but as the segment went on Letterman looked like he would rather have a steel spike shoved through his skull than talk to O'Reilly. I'm sure at this point in Letterman's career he can have on guests of equal or better popularity than Bill O'Reilly.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

I really can't stand O'Reilly.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

I get that, but as the segment went on Letterman looked like he would rather have a steel spike shoved through his skull than talk to O'Reilly. Sure at this point in Letterman's career he can have on guests of equal or better popularity than Bill O'Reilly.

Maybe he wanted to look sophisticated or up with what's going on in the news by having O'Reilly on instead of some vapid Hollywood celebrity. I actually didn't watch past when they did Late Show Equations, but I kinda wish I had now.

They're both idiots.
    No more calls please, we have a winner.
    Offseason, time to try optimism again.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    I really can't stand O'Reilly.
    Why? If you don't mind me asking.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Maybe he wanted to look sophisticated or up with what's going on in the news by having O'Reilly on instead of some vapid Hollywood celebrity.
    Vapid! Now that's definitely the word of the day. Nice one, Bomby!

I completely agree with BBTB, but I might have used a different term to describe them.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Why? If you don't mind me asking.
    O'Reilly is what everyone says Rush is (and Rush is not, incidentally): obnoxious, bitter, mean, bragoon (sorry Italian word--no direct translation---think "wealth flaunter"), in it purely for the money, loves to hear himself talk, outshouts his guests. I could be wrong, of course, but that's the way he comes across. (Which, incidentally, is not what Rush is about--well, except the wealth flaunting, maybe--Rush does that in jest supposedly, but I still don't like it).

I could go further, but we'd have to move the thread
    Last edited by Tifoso; 01-05-06 at 07:37 PM.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

I missed O'Reilly but Letterman has done this before to Rush Limbaugh and Marilyn Manson. Maybe others that I've missed.

NYYF Legend

O'Reilly is a jerk.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

That's exactly why I didn't bother to watch it. I knew it would just be a waste of time.
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

O' Reilly told a bunch of lies during the show on his manufactured war on Christmas nonsense, stuff that he'd already been informed was rubbish the first time he came out with it on his show. Letterman probably knew this too but didn't call him on it. He did point out that 60% of what he says is crap though. I'd only disagree with the 60% number.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601040009

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by English Yankee
    O' Reilly told a bunch of lies during the show on his manufactured war on Christmas nonsense, stuff that he'd already been informed was rubbish the first time he came out with it on his show. Letterman probably knew this too but didn't call him on it. He did point out that 60% of what he says is crap though. I'd only disagree with the 60% number.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601040009
    I can't stand O'Reilly, but Letterman came across just as bad. Especially with the Cindy Sheehan exchange (Letterman's own audience gave O'Reilly an applause line - you're out of your depth when Bill O'Reilly is generating applause lines from your studio audience.)

I can't stand O'Reilly, but Letterman came across just as bad. Especially with the Cindy Sheehan exchange (Letterman's own audience gave O'Reilly an applause line - you're out of your depth when Bill O'Reilly is generating applause lines from your studio audience.)
    It's impossible to be out of your depth with O' Reilly.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

O'Reilly was right about one thing, though . . . how can Letterman criticize what O'Reilly says when he's never watched O'Reilly's show?

Quote Originally Posted by rock
    I missed O'Reilly but Letterman has done this before to Rush Limbaugh and Marilyn Manson. Maybe others that I've missed.
    What did Letterman say to Manson? I'd be interested to hear it, because he's actually come across as a pretty intelligent guy when I've heard him interviewed.

I was really disappointed in Dave last night. He seemed really uninformed and ill prepared for the interview. Of course O Reilly is a tool, but Dave wouldn't even say he respected his opinion.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    I was really disappointed in Dave last night. He seemed really uninformed and ill prepared for the interview. Of course O Reilly is a tool, but Dave wouldn't even say he respected his opinion.
    I feel no need to respect the opinions of others.

The amount of respect that I give to an opinion is directly related to the amount of respect that I have for the person giving the opinion.

That often ruffles feathers, but that's the way I feel.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions should be respected equally.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF
    I feel no need to respect the opinions of others.

The amount of respect that I give to an opinion is directly related to the amount of respect that I have for the person giving the opinion.

That often ruffles feathers, but that's the way I feel.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions should be respected equally.
    I agree. If I felt that O'Reilly wasn't simply driven by an agenda and a desire to gather attention for himself, I might respect what he has to say. But that isn't the case.

That said, Letterman didn't exactly "own" O'Reilly like some people claim. Letterman was clearly uninformed and went into the interview hoping that simply being anti-O'Reilly would win him over. Not in this viewer's perception.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc39
    I agree. If I felt that O'Reilly wasn't simply driven by an agenda and a desire to gather attention for himself, I might respect what he has to say. But that isn't the case.

That said, Letterman didn't exactly "own" O'Reilly like some people claim. Letterman was clearly uninformed and went into the interview hoping that simply being anti-O'Reilly would win him over. Not in this viewer's perception.
    I actually do respect O'Reilly and the like for being a conservative voice in liberal-dominated media, which takes balls. But that doesn't mean that I respect his opinion in politics.

I actually do agree with a lot of what he says because I'm also conservative, but I don't feel like I do because of what Bill O'Reilly has to say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF
    I actually do respect O'Reilly and the like for being a conservative voice in liberal-dominated media, which takes balls. But that doesn't mean that I respect his opinion in politics.

I actually do agree with a lot of what he says because I'm also conservative, but I don't feel like I do because of what Bill O'Reilly has to say on the matter.
    The one thing I think Letterman was right-on about was the whole Christmas thing. O'Reilly and some other members of the conservative media are doing WAY more harm than good by paying so much attention to the FEW communities/groups throughout the country who are trying to take the Christ out of Christmas. IMO he is taking a few examples and using them as a method to preach and gather attention for a problem that isn't as rampant as he claims.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by English Yankee
    It's impossible to be out of your depth with O' Reilly.
    He lost his own audience...against Bill O'Reilly. That's all kinds of f*cked up.

Thread Information