+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 185

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Alex Rodriguez - 3B - Yankees


    According to the New York Times, Alex Rodriguez will announce this week that he has changed his mind and will play for the United States team in the WBC.
    Rodriguez said last month that he wouldn't play in the tournament because he didn't want to dishonor the U.S. or the Dominican Republic. The Times is also reporting that it's possible Jorge Posada will play for Puerto Rico after all. Jan. 3 - 10:58 pm et
    Source: New York Times

    ==================


    from rotoworld

    all i have to say is.. Sh**

  2. #2
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Maybe this means Posada has been traded.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  3. #3
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Great news. Let 'em all play. F the Yankees.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????


    Thank goodness we now know.

  4. #4
    1931-2011 hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Unbelievable.
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

  5. #5

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    I like A-Rod, but c'mon, just make up your mind and be done with it. I figure at this point, if he goes he's a lock to get injured.

  6. #6

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk
    I like A-Rod, but c'mon, just make up your mind and be done with it. I figure at this point, if he goes he's a lock to get injured.
    I have to agree - I said it in the last go-round about A-Rod and the WBC - make a decision and stick to it! If he wants to play then choose a team and play. If he doesn't want to play, then don't play. Btw, I think that Orza and A-Rod have always been tight so it should come as no surprise that Orza might try to influence A-Rod's decision but A-Rod has got to learn to just dig in his heels and do what he wants, then deal with the consequences whatever they may be. He simply can't please everyone, all the time.

    -Deborah
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

    I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Sigh....here comes the Arod hate....
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  8. #8
    NYYF MVP

    Sheff_Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    From NY, stationed in Germany.

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    I don't care about A-Rod, DJ, Damon, Bernie, Posada, Cano, Wang or Mo.... I just hope Migue Cairo doesn't play, we need a healthy Miggy for '06.
    Pain Heals. Chicks Dig Scars. Glory Lasts Forever.

  9. #9
    Glory Days bleachersown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manhattan via North Jersey

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheff_Rod
    I don't care about A-Rod, DJ, Damon, Bernie, Posada, Cano, Wang or Mo.... I just hope Migue Cairo doesn't play, we need a healthy Miggy for '06.

    OMG, we see eye to eye on this one.
    "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."

  10. #10

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheff_Rod
    I don't care about A-Rod, DJ, Damon, Bernie, Posada, Cano, Wang or Mo.... I just hope Migue Cairo doesn't play, we need a healthy Miggy for '06.
    this makes a lot of sense. who cares about the starting lineup as long as we KEEP OUR UTILITY MAN!!!!

    there had better be some sarcasm that im missing here.

  11. #11
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfallibleOne
    this makes a lot of sense. who cares about the starting lineup as long as we KEEP OUR UTILITY MAN!!!!

    there had better be some sarcasm that im missing here.
    Quick -- look up!

  12. #12
    NYYF MVP

    Sheff_Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    From NY, stationed in Germany.

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/sp...l/04chass.html

    And there's a link of the article the original poster was talking about.

    I haven't read it because I don't read anything that POS writes.
    Pain Heals. Chicks Dig Scars. Glory Lasts Forever.

  13. #13
    Yeah Yeah Yeah AlongCameAPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Puerto Rico

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Another chapter in the Arod novel. I don't blame him, he's still quite young and making tough choices in front of the world must be a pain in the butt. I hope that he plays *if* he wants to play, which apparently, he does.

  14. #14
    Released Outright NYYBombshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Jesus............is Alex asking to get torn apart by the media?

  15. #15
    Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Jesus............is Alex asking to get torn apart by the media?
    As neutral as I am on this topic, I really think you are right. There is going to be some serious bashing going on.
    --Misti

    Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

  16. #16
    Released Outright NYYBombshell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario66
    As neutral as I am on this topic, I really think you are right. There is going to be some serious bashing going on.

    I'm sure he's not thinking of it like that, but at some point he's got to realize that there are some people out there with an agenda just waiting for something like this so they can get their digs in. I feel bad for the guy because he genuinely doesn't deserve it, but I wish he'd quit making it easy for these sh*t-peddlers.

  17. #17
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Jesus............is Alex asking to get torn apart by the media?
    This just tells me that A-Rod really does give a rat-spit about what the media/people think of him.

    I liked Matsui's stance through all of this WBC nonsense: "Matsui said last week the he would pass up the tournament to concentrate all of his efforts on winning a championship with the Yankees"... "I fear that chasing two goals might get in the way of that dream", Matsui said.

    Don't the New York Yankees pay this guy's salary? Shouldn't that be his first committment?

    This whole WBC (which to me is, and will always be, a boxing classification) debacle is just another way of Selig trying to murder baseball. What a putz!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  18. #18
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Queens, New York

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets
    This whole WBC (which to me is, and will always be, a boxing classification) debacle is just another way of Selig trying to murder baseball. What a putz!
    Amen!

  19. #19
    Released Outright keithf1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bowie, MD

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Jesus............is Alex asking to get torn apart by the media?
    I'd like to say he doesn't care but I think he does deep down.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheff_Rod
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/sp...l/04chass.html

    And there's a link of the article the original poster was talking about.

    I haven't read it because I don't read anything that POS writes.
    Well, I read it ...
    And Rodriguez, who said he couldn't decide whether to play for the United States or the Dominican Republic and didn't want to insult the one he didn't choose, is expected to announce this week that he has changed his mind and will play for the United States team.
    Posada will not catch for the Puerto Rican team, though that decision could also change. The Puerto Rican baseball federation requested Posada's presence, but the Yankees asked Major League Baseball to excuse him. Officials in the commissioner's office reviewed the Yankees' request and, mistakenly thinking the players union shared the view, accepted it.

  21. #21
    Released Outright Mattpat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Long Island and Washington DC

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Mother................er.

  22. #22
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Westchester-ish

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Eh. Whatever. I did like the title of the article:

    It's Always All About the Yankees

  23. #23
    Forum Regular
    shutout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Groningen, The Netherlands

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Man, I certainly hope this will be his final answer. I deteste this flip-flopping. OR you're gonna play OR you're not. Simple. Make up your mind man.
    If he wants to play for the USA, that's fine, but let this be his final decision.

    From the article
    ""Every player has a right to play or not to play," Gene Orza, the union's chief operating officer, said Monday. "You only hope the player who says no has a full understanding of the tournament and the consequences of his nonparticipation, especially when it's a player who wouldn't be here and who wouldn't have the new contract he has but for the association.""

    What the heck... Are they threatening players? (here they were talking about Matsui)
    [img]http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14999[/img]
    [url=http://freeandjustice.blogspot.com.]Liberty and Justice[/url]

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by shutout
    Man, I certainly hope this will be his final answer. I deteste this flip-flopping. OR you're gonna play OR you're not. Simple. Make up your mind man.
    If he wants to play for the USA, that's fine, but let this be his final decision.

    From the article
    ""Every player has a right to play or not to play," Gene Orza, the union's chief operating officer, said Monday. "You only hope the player who says no has a full understanding of the tournament and the consequences of his nonparticipation, especially when it's a player who wouldn't be here and who wouldn't have the new contract he has but for the association.""

    What the heck... Are they threatening players? (here they were talking about Matsui)
    According to that quote, it sounds like they are threatening players. I wonder how much money the players union will make off this.

  25. #25
    Forum Regular
    shutout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Groningen, The Netherlands

    Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

    Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan
    According to that quote, it sounds like they are threatening players. I wonder how much money the players union will make off this.
    Yeah exactly. Under this it rightaway is about Matsui who got a deal thanks to the assocation (accordingly). It just shows why unions should be abolished alltogether. Sickening. I wás in favour of everyone participating in the WBC, but if they want to enforce it this way I'll say: screw the union.
    [img]http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14999[/img]
    [url=http://freeandjustice.blogspot.com.]Liberty and Justice[/url]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts