+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Arod to play in WBC now... as possibly is posada....

This whole thing gets lamer by the minute. It's like a soap opera
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    So put another dime in the jukebox baby
    I love Shawn Chacon
    so come and take your time and dance with me." (Snap731)

This nonsense of Selig's is falling apart because guys like Matsui and Mo who are the face of baseball in their countries are wanting to sit out and fulfill their contractual obligation. Not for nothing, it really doesn't seem much different than when Boone played a game of pickup Baskets, just the Selig has a vested interest in this. If they wanted a competition like this why not do it similar to that tour of Japan thing a couple years ago and have it in November right after the series? I am not really in favor of it at any time where it interferes with the MLB but it seems much more logical to have it in November than interfere with the Spring Training regimen of the players. Oh Well.....

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankClipper5
    This nonsense of Selig's is falling apart because guys like Matsui and Mo who are the face of baseball in their countries are wanting to sit out and fulfill their contractual obligation. Not for nothing, it really doesn't seem much different than when Boone played a game of pickup Baskets, just the Selig has a vested interest in this. If they wanted a competition like this why not do it similar to that tour of Japan thing a couple years ago and have it in November right after the series? I am not really in favor of it at any time where it interferes with the MLB but it seems much more logical to have it in November than interfere with the Spring Training regimen of the players. Oh Well.....
    Definately agree. It will be interesting what happens if any of these players get hurt during the WBC.

So far I haven't read any other article about this other than the one posted, and it's not on the Yankees or MLB.com site. Right now, I'm taking this claim very lightly.

oh come on, let him do what he wants to do.....If he wants to go who cares, just as long as he doesnt get injured. When ever his name gets mentioned in a topic it is always blown of out perportion.
    2006, The Year of the 27th Championship
    Damon,Jeter,A-Rod,Sheff,Giambi,Matsui,Posada,Williams, and Cano......This has to be the year

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

He is gonna get bashed to no end now. I hate to do it, but he's like a woman. Make up your mind already!

*cue soap opera music*

NYYF HOF

................ Bud Selig and his vested interest. Remember, never put the words Bud Selig and thinking in the same sentence.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Well I guess that means Posada's slump will begin in August instead of September this year. I'm sure it's worth it.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I just really don't get all of this WBC hype.

NYYF Legend

I thought Posada isn't allowed to play. This whole thing is pissing me off.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

A-Rod made a fantastic choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Addicted Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5220644
    Fox Sports too, seems like similar article
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"Hitters get paid a lot of money to hit. Let's face it, man, sometimes they just do." - Andy Pettitte
    [/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by shutout
    Yeah exactly. Under this it rightaway is about Matsui who got a deal thanks to the assocation (accordingly). It just shows why unions should be abolished alltogether. Sickening. I wás in favour of everyone participating in the WBC, but if they want to enforce it this way I'll say: screw the union.
    That is one of the scariest things I've ever read on this board. Seriously. Won't make this into a political discussion but if you or your parents only work 40 hours a week and 8 hours a day you can thank unions for that. Get paid at least minimum wage? Thank the unions. Get to work in a decent place that isn't a hazard to your health and get breaks? Again - that would be thanks to labor unions.

Have unions done some things I don't agree with? Sure. But labor unions are what this country is built upon and keep us being the best, most decent country in the world.

The baseball union is also a good thing. It brought you free agency, the end of stuff like the Black Sox and other things that help to make baseball the great sport it is. It, too, has done some things I don't agree with and its power has gotten a little out of control. But if we'd never had unions or if unions were suddenly "abolished", as you say, our country and its citizens would be in for a world of hurt.

At any rate, that statement from Gene Orza was a little scary. I think he's getting wound a little too tight about the whole thing. I hope no Yankees play in this thing as I don't want to see anyone getting hurt. Make it mean something and at a better time and I'll be all about it. But in the middle of spring training - I can't really care. But at least there'll be some baseball on soon.
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]RIP Cory Lidle. Forever a Yankee. [/SIZE]

I [B]still[/B] believe.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spiritof27
    That is one of the scariest things I've ever read on this board. Seriously. Won't make this into a political discussion but if you or your parents only work 40 hours a week and 8 hours a day you can thank unions for that. Get paid at least minimum wage? Thank the unions. Get to work in a decent place that isn't a hazard to your health and get breaks? Again - that would be thanks to labor unions.

Have unions done some things I don't agree with? Sure. But labor unions are what this country is built upon and keep us being the best, most decent country in the world.

The baseball union is also a good thing. It brought you free agency, the end of stuff like the Black Sox and other things that help to make baseball the great sport it is. It, too, has done some things I don't agree with and its power has gotten a little out of control. But if we'd never had unions or if unions were suddenly "abolished", as you say, our country and its citizens would be in for a world of hurt.

At any rate, that statement from Gene Orza was a little scary. I think he's getting wound a little too tight about the whole thing. I hope no Yankees play in this thing as I don't want to see anyone getting hurt. Make it mean something and at a better time and I'll be all about it. But in the middle of spring training - I can't really care. But at least there'll be some baseball on soon.
    A little overreaction here, IMO. Saying "screw the MLBPA" is a lot different than saying "screw unions."

Unions in general created safe working conditions, but how good is a union at creating safe working conditions when it fought steroid testing at every turn?

Nobody is saying that unions are bad, but a lot of people have an issue with this particular union.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Jesus............is Alex asking to get torn apart by the media?
    I'd like to say he doesn't care but I think he does deep down.

You know, it's going to take me a real long time to get used to "Johnny Damon of the New York Yankees".

Quote Originally Posted by Sheff_Rod
    I don't care about A-Rod, DJ, Damon, Bernie, Posada, Cano, Wang or Mo.... I just hope Migue Cairo doesn't play, we need a healthy Miggy for '06.
    this makes a lot of sense. who cares about the starting lineup as long as we KEEP OUR UTILITY MAN!!!!

there had better be some sarcasm that im missing here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfallibleOne
    this makes a lot of sense. who cares about the starting lineup as long as we KEEP OUR UTILITY MAN!!!!

there had better be some sarcasm that im missing here.
    Quick -- look up!

NYYF Legend

this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownYankee
    Definately agree. It will be interesting what happens if any of these players get hurt during the WBC.
    I hate to wish injury on anyone but it would be a real kick in the chops to see a competitive small market team's star go down to injury in this thing. Can you imagine a team like Minnesota losing Johan Santana or the A's losing Zito or Chavez for the season or even a large part of the season because of this. I woouldn't say I want to see it happen but it will take something like that to create the backlash to rethink and replan this WBC spectacle.

wow the hate is strong in this thread.

Released Outright KevinBaseball's Avatar

I hate to wish injury on anyone but it would be a real kick in the chops to see a competitive small market team's star go down to injury in this thing. Can you imagine a team like Minnesota losing Johan Santana or the A's losing Zito or Chavez for the season or even a large part of the season because of this. I woouldn't say I want to see it happen but it will take something like that to create the backlash to rethink and replan this WBC spectacle.
    Thats an excellent point, you know the majority of people have their AROD, Jeter, and Damon voodoo dolls are prepped for the WBC, but if a Santana goes down, people will be in an uproar.

On another note, although I dislike the idea, if they played anywhere near me I'd be first on line for a ticket. I wonder who else would pony up the cash for something they don't even support.

This whole WBC thing is a joke. They should crap it. It's pointless and unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by Zac
    wow the hate is strong in this thread.
    Its a stupid tournament, much like the World Series was back in the day. These world class athletes are susceptible to a myriad of injuries in this arduous 3 game tourney!! Oh the horrors, the horrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Thread Information