+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

I have a big hole in my tongue

I have a big hole in my tongue and one in my cheek. The tongue hurts like complete hell. My Bells Palsy flaired up when I was sleeping I think. The first time it happened about two years ago I had bitten my tongue a lot - but hadn't felt it because of face numbness. The doctors told me that I had something like a seizure that would cause me to bite myself. It was called Bells Palsy. It was supposed to go away within 6 months. It didn't.

This time is different though. I can feel pain! Pain is a good thing because it means that there won't be so much numbness ... which means you can't control your lips for drinking and things like that. I didn't go to the doctors this time because way to much is on my plate. Should I go I wonder?

Stress can cause it one doctor told me in the past. I've been stressed again. Oh well.
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 12-27-05 at 07:07 PM. Reason: correct spelling.... again
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Re: I have a big hole in my tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    I have a big hole in my tongue and one in my cheek. The tongue hurts like complete hell. My Bells Palsy fl aired up when I was sleeping I think. The first time it happened about two years ago I had bitten my tongue a lot - but hadn't felt it because of face numbness. The doctors told me that I had something like a sleazier that would cause me to bite myself. It was called Bells Palsy. It was supposed to go away within 6 months. It didn't.

This time is different though. I can feel pain! Pain is a good thing because it means that there won't be so much numbness ... which means you can't control your lips for drinking and things like that. I didn't go to the doctors this time because way to much is on my plate. Should I go I wonder?

Stress can cause it one doctor told me in the past. I've been stressed again. Oh well.
    Damn, Dave... sounds doctor-worthy to me. Do you take medication for the BP? I don't know much about BP, but I'm a firm believer in getting health problems checked out. Good luck with this.
    Thanks for the memories, George. You made the Yankees what they are today... Champions!

Ah the ole Bells Palsey. I kind of wish I would get a case of it again, but only for two weeks like I had it last time. It was definitely one of the funniest weeks of my life.

As for you DV I think you should go to a doctor. I know I wouldn't want to have it permanently.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

Whoah! Go directly to a doctor! Do not pass go! Do not collect $200!

I know it's a pain... I've been dealing with emergency doctor appointments over the last two weeks and I have no sick time left -- it's been coming out of my vacation days. But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

NYYF Legend

Better a hole in your tougue than a hole in your head.

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerGA
    Damn, Dave... sounds doctor-worthy to me. Do you take medication for the BP? I don't know much about BP, but I'm a firm believer in getting health problems checked out. Good luck with this.
    Ouch, Dave...I have to agree with Palms...get it checked out! Hope you feel better soon.
    Nancy

Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    Ah the ole Bells Palsey. I kind of wish I would get a case of it again, but only for two weeks like I had it last time. It was definitely one of the funniest weeks of my life.

How is getting Bells Palsy funny?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    Better a hole in your tougue than a hole in your head.

Yep. Self-inflicted.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    No harm. No foul. When the person said what they did I first thought of the movie "10" when Moore went to get some coffee after going to the dentist for the first time in 10 years. A sexy lady was looking his way, and he was trying to look cool drinking his coffee and didn't know it was just running out of his mouth down the front of his shirt ... and the girl had a look like when she saw this ... and then he finally got the message of what was happening.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

No harm. No foul. When the person said what they did I first thought of the movie "10" when Moore went to get some coffee after going to the dentist for the first time in 10 years. A sexy lady was looking his way, and he was trying to look cool drinking his coffee and didn't know it was just running out of his mouth down the front of his shirt ... and the girl had a look like when she saw this ... and then he finnally got the message.
    I miss Demi. He was fantastic.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    I miss Demi. He was fantastic.
    Dudley? I know what you meant. I loved him in all those Arthur movies. Demi is the HOT one. Probably taller too!

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Dudley? I know what you meant. I loved him in all those Arthur movies. Demi is the HOT one. Probably taller too!

I knew
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerGA
    Things are stacking up. First off... I'm not a drinker. I'll explain what I mean about why I said that. I'm already going to see a doctor because I couldn't pee.

I'm over 50 but don't want that finger thing going on. So anyway, I finally have had enough and go see my scary female doctor who is Russian. She cares but scares the crap out of me! She sends me out to pee in the cup. The test comes back and I go see the scary Russian lady doctor.

You know what is the first thing she asks me? She asks me if I am a heavy drinker? I seldom have a drink of any kind. The last time was the fourth of July in Reno Nevada. I'm already on medications that should not be mixed with alcohol... so I follow the rules and won't drink. If I do it would be one like in Reno.

What's up I wonder? First she says I have a bad bladder infection so that could be the reason for the pee problem. But she said my liver is screwed up? So... she sends me off to get blood work done. Stress could of set off the Bells Palsey again. I just found out my daughter is pregnant also. I'm cool with it on the outside. My daughter and her grandfather "my Dad" were not on speaking terms because of something from a few years back ... but I was able to fix that for the holidays.

My ex won't let my younger son come over here unless she is present for some damn reason. There is a reason that she is using as an excuse to keep this from happening that I don't want to talk about. It isn't about me ... but she makes it my problem.

This is my last Christmas on the west coast so that is in the picture. I need to get away from the ex for sure to keep us sane. She holds the cards - but it wasn't always that way and shouldn't be that way. I'm thinking that she is mean enough to try to keep Ryan from coming to Ohio for even a visit because of her idea's of a problem. It's just an excuse to get me. I can feel good about it though only because I now know my younger son understands my situation with her. I don't have to tell him anything bad about her. I know I have his love.

Every month I stay in California I fall $933 dollars behind. I live next door to a neighbor that I can honestly say I hate - and I hate no one else. You can probably figure out the reason. It is for the best that we move. My house is cheap in California. It's only worth $500,000 at the least. I can be home free when I move to Ohio and am surrounded by new people that love me.

I have so many health concerns. I injured my knee also when I fell trying to get the cat off the roof. I just got up off the ground and brushed myself off. I can't put my weight on my left knee to change the baby because something broke inside the thing. I didn't go to the doctor for that because I can walk and run fine.

I need to be pushed to go to the doctors for anything. Dumb me.
    It's kinda related to my money situation. I can tough out anything.
    I just seem to be running out of wind is all.

NYYF Legend

Dave, hang in there! We're all pulling for you!

As you said, at least you're going to be moving soon!

As a departing gift to your soon-to-be-ex-neighbor, might I suggest writing something amusing on his front lawn with some fertilizer?

Dave: See a doctor right away to be certain there are no complications. There's nothing more important to a person than their health. Let us know how you're doing and if you need anybody to talk to.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    Dave, hang in there! We're all pulling for you!

As you said, at least you're going to be moving soon!

As a departing gift to your soon-to-be-ex-neighbor, might I suggest writing something amusing on his front lawn with some fertilizer?

I'll just be sure to NOT write NYYFans.com!

NYYF Legend

I'm nearing 3,000 posts here! I never thought as a Red Sox fan that I would survive to 3,000 posts! Now I can retire Mr. 3,000 at NYYFans! What an honor for me.

Archer is the Ted Williams of the Red Sox fans at NYYFans. I can be the Yaz.

You should probably get that checked out.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYBombshell
    Bells palsey is funny because you lose control of your face. When I had it one of my best friends also got it (which was very very weird according to doctors). It is a great disease to have when one of your friends has it, especially when we would eat meals together and all this ridiculous stuff kept happening to us. We also went to camp together and had to tape our eyes closed and had to wear pirate patches so our eyes didn't dry out.

That's how it is funny. For the record I wasn't being mean. I have had it so I know what it is like and what it was like was funny.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

I'm heading off to a wedding tomorrow in Colorado. My sister-in-law Trish is a registered nurse that will make SURE I do things right .... damn it. I'm not trying to say Jenn doesn't take care of me my any means if anyone is thinking this. She is on me all the time and I just don't do it. She's the one that finally convinced me to see the doctor about the pee problem. She told me she was taking my temperature without me even waking up when she was worried... and sometimes it was around 102.4. That doesn't seem high to me.

Jenn wanted me to check out my knee, but I said I was alright. I've seen to many doctors in the recent past to want anything to do with them. I guess I better start thinking straight and not worry about the money it will cost. Sorry to let everyone down. Jenn has been sick a lot but I make her go the minute I find out. She's young and needs to be around longer for the baby. Her health is more important than mine. I can take the crap. I guess I better change. I promise I will in Ohio when money is no longer an issue.
    Listen, you... as someone who's married to an older guy, let me tell you: my guy better stick around longer than me!!!! At least until the kids (none yet) are through college. I'm sure Jenn feels the same way about you. Selling yourself short will stress out your wife to no end. You two sound like you're very happy together. Keep it that way! Go to the doc and take your meds! Please!

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Man and here I thought this thread was about tongue rings
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

I have a big hole in my tongue and one in my cheek. The tongue hurts like complete hell....... I didn't go to the doctors this time because way to much is on my plate. Should I go I wonder?
    Dude. What are you thinking? Here's some easy instructions that will help you out:

1) Go to the doctor.
    2) Now
    3) Why are you still reading?
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by patrick.o
    Dude. What are you thinking? Here's some easy instructions that will help you out:

1) Go to the doctor.
    2) Now
    3) Why are you still reading?
    Ditto.

Hope everything works out well Dave, keep us posted.
    Pain Heals. Chicks Dig Scars. Glory Lasts Forever.

Where my Pitches at? Arod for President's Avatar

Twitching, weakness, or paralysis of the face are symptoms of a disorder involving the facial nerve, not a disease in itself. Abnormal movement or paralysis of the face can result from infection, injury, or tumors, and an evaluation by your physician is needed to determine the cause. An otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeon has special training and experience in managing facial nerve disorders. You should see one man. It couldnt hurt

NYYF Legend

Sorry to all. Thanks to all. I went to the doctors while here in Colorado. My sister is a nurse with Kaiser. She made me go right after the wedding and reception on Friday. I guess it was around 9 pm.

I have some other problems that are going on ... maybe with the prostate - but that hasn't been checked (thank God) ... and do have a real bad blasser infection.and something with my liver ... which I don't understand the liver part because I choose not to drink. Not always though. The last time was the 4th of July when we met my sister in Reno for the holiday. I had some whiskey thing at Virginia City ... and half of Jenn's drink. That's it though.

My meds ran out for the bladder infection and nothing has changed... I still have the problem I'm having. My sister doesn't understand why I was on the med they gave me for it in California and wanted me to be seen right away. The doctor here in the Denver area, put me on a different mad that made my sister happy. She had a long conversation with the doctor about the right med this time. Something like this happened to me maybe 7 years ago ... and it took two rounds of meds to get rid of the problem.

The doctor said the sore/hole on my tongue is from a bite (one that I don't remember doing) and there was one in my cheek also that feels fine now. The tongue hurts still though because it rubs against the inside of a broken crown. The doctor didn't think it was related to Bells Palsy though. The meds he gave me for the other problem is hard on my stomach (if you know what I mean) but I don't care because I want to get rid of THAT problem that has me on the meds in the first place. My sister had told me my stomach would probably bother me on this med ... but it was a good one.

Thread Information