+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: 2006 team all but complete

Jason Michaels and Erubiel Durazo/Eduardo Perez should definitely be looked at. We need to upgrade the bench. Although, Michaels would probably play RF, with Sheffield moving to DH.

NYYF Legend

One of the following will not be a Yankee when the season starts:

Pavano
    Wright
    Chacon

We're not going North with 6 starters. Small is the perfect long relief/spot starter type. I hope Chacon stays because he deserves to based on performance to cost. I'd like to see what a healthy Pavano could do for us next season. Wright would be my odd man out, but would be the hardest to move.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey
    One of the following will not be a Yankee when the season starts:

Pavano
    Wright
    Chacon

We're not going North with 6 starters. Small is the perfect long relief/spot starter type. I hope Chacon stays because he deserves to based on performance to cost. I'd like to see what a healthy Pavano could do for us next season. Wright would be my odd man out, but would be the hardest to move.
    I agree with you completely. I want to trade Wright, but he probably wouldn't get us anything. There is no way I trade Chacon. And pavano would probably bring back the most in a trade, which would result in Small or Wright going into the rotation (which I'm not crazy about.) If we trade Pavano, we would have to get a starter back in return.

Released Outright

I would rather trade Pavano than Wright. Because of the DL buyout we are only on the hook for 1 more season with Wright. We will have Pavano for 3 more and, unless he surprises us, any value he may currently have will dissipate with a mediocre season.

Cashman has done a tremendous job, but we still have a weak outfield defensively. Cash should continue to pursue a fast young outfielder with a good arm and a decent bat. That would allow us to put Sheff in DH where he belongs. Then we can safely say that the rebuilding of this team is complete.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by conkermaniac
    Cashman has done a tremendous job, but we still have a weak outfield defensively. Cash should continue to pursue a fast young outfielder with a good arm and a decent bat. That would allow us to put Sheff in DH where he belongs. Then we can safely say that the rebuilding of this team is complete.
    Who, amico mio?
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF HOF

I think we should sign OF Eric Byrnes to be our 4th outfielder, he would be a perfect fit,can play all OF positions,good defense,good speed,does any and everything asked of him to win. Also I think we should add 1B/DH Eduardo Perez to the bench. WE should also sign CF Endy Chavez...but now that we have added Bernie, there's no room . But we still need to atleast try to sign him to a Minor League Deal.

I dont think we should deal Sturtze right now, we should wait until Dotel is back and has proved he is still Dotel and then we could afford to trade him.
    (Unless it involves getting a good young pitcher for the starting lineup )

We also need to improve our starting pitching, im just clueless to how we're going to pull that one off tho. Any Ideas??

and on a meaning-less move, I think we should sign Dewon Brazelton to a Minor-League Deal. This guy is still very young (only 25-years-old) and has loads of potential. We would be improve our minor-league depth and you never know, he could bounce back from a horrible season he had last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    Who, amico mio?
    Trade a reliever for Jason Michaels or one of the other names that was being bandied about before we signed Damon.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by True Yankee-ette13
    That lineup looks filthy, but Bernie should be a bench player at this point, IMHO.

We need a DH and to strengthen the bench a bit. Everything else looks good.
    Actually our lineup is at best the same as last year. We need to get Bernie out of there ASAP and replace him with a real hitter.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG18
    If Bernie is our DH our work is not done.
    Yep, it partially negates our offensive advantages at other positions. We should have at least a league average offensive DH.
    I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if youre their manager, you cant go out and write about them like that.

Our middle relief is still a question mark?

Mariano is not a LOCK anymore.(need to start looking or grooming a young'un)

Starting Rotation is question mark

We need to replace Posada. How many more rally-killing, inning ending double plays do we have to endure from this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Actually our lineup is at best the same as last year. We need to get Bernie out of there ASAP and replace him with a real hitter.
    How is it "at best the same as last year" Bernie is out of center, Ruben is off the team. The key to the DH spot is having it be Sheff more and looking at a solid defensive corner OFer we dont need a real hitter for DH, we have that in Sheff.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

I dunno... I like Gary ShefFIELD of DREAMs rocket arm in the outfield.

Damon replaces Bernie.
    Bernie replaces Tino/Sierra

Our lineup is clearly better than last year's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee26t

You are right he is not a lock, he is just the best damn closer in the league and is coming off of one of the best years of the career.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

I will not trade that arm for lack of range, you can get more guys catching the ball than you can throwing them out.

His arm is okay, but his range is terrible.

Our middle relief is still a question mark?

Starting Rotation is question mark

We need to replace Posada. How many more rally-killing, inning ending double plays do we have to endure from this guy?
    Rivera, even at his age, is still the closest a reliever can get to being a lock, perhaps in baseball history.

I think our lineup is better. Damon, this year, will be a lot better than the output we got from Bernie/Crosby/Womack/etc. We'll also have the good Giambi for the entire year, instead of just the second half. Cano should continue to improve, and I think in the end the bench will be better. I don't expect Sheffield to regress significantly enough to offset the other factors.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    How is it "at best the same as last year" Bernie is out of center, Ruben is off the team. The key to the DH spot is having it be Sheff more and looking at a solid defensive corner OFer we dont need a real hitter for DH, we have that in Sheff.
    Damon replaces Bernie.
    Bernie replaces Tino/Sierra

Our lineup is clearly better than last year's.
    Sheff's a year older. A-rod probably won't have the monster season he had this year. Posada will suck even more. Bernie's in the lineup. No bench.
    With that said this can all change with the right aquisitions.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks
    Rivera, even at his age, is still the closest a reliever can get to being a lock, perhaps in baseball history.
    All I am saying is that we need to start looking. He was so vital to winning for all those years. It would be a shame to have all those hitters and no one to save the games. If not this year then next... '

I just dont want to wait til last minute. Its smart to start now.

All I am saying is that we need to start looking. He was so vital to winning for all those years. It would be a shame to have all those hitters and no one to save the games. If not this year then next... '

You make it seem like Rivera will go from having his best season ever, to someone who won't be able to save games. The middle relief is already a lot better than it was last year, as well.

NYYF Legend

Who do you have in mind?

A-rod probably won't have the monster season he had this year.
    Are you serious? The guy hasn't even turned 30 yet, he's now had 2 full years in New York, one of which he won the MVP. He will have a great year, expect more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    Are you serious? The guy hasn't even turned 30 yet, he's now had 2 full years in New York, one of which he won the MVP. He will have a great year, expect more of the same.
    Not to nit-pick, but he did turn 30 this past summer.

Thread Information