+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    NYYF Triple Crown

    AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Netflix Recommendation

    I'm thinking about signing up for Netflix. I have a two-week free trial so I thought I would give it a try. Does anyone recommend this or have any reason to avoid using Netflix, such as bad experiences with them?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    I have heard nothing bad, but also have a good friend who used Blockbuster and said it was great. Any problems she ever had were fixed immediately.
    --Misti

    Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    I hear it's great and affordable. I too have heard nothing negative.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  4. #4
    NYYF Triple Crown

    AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Thanks. It just seems to be cheaper than my local Blockbuster, assuming I actually watch more than three movies a month.

  5. #5
    Hi-keeba! Superunknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My house

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    I have been a Netflix member for about 5 months now, and I love it. The shipping process is very efficient. They even send you emails letting you know that they've received the latest DVD you returned, and that they've shipped the next one in your queue. I'm very happy with them.
    We cannot recapture the past, but sometimes it can recapture us -- if we are not careful. Thomas Sowell

  6. #6
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Netflix is amazing. I have a local distribution facility, so anything I send back is only a 2-day turnaround. Searching is easy, they have a bunch of great features on the site, a manageable queue and easy mailing. This time of year, we're watching about 10 movies a month at a total cost of $19.25 including tax.
    Let the kids play.

  7. #7
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    I've had Netflix for over a year and I love it. The key is turnover though. Sometimes (especially when I rent TV shows) I end up having them for weeks which isn't efficient, but usually I can get, watch and return a movie in a day or two. It's definately cheaper then going to Blockbuster once a week. It's great if you have a DVD burner too.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    GiambiRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, NJ

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Netflix is awesome. I received an e-mail from them yesterday saying that they are lower the price I pay by a $1.00 a month.....not sure why but hey I'll take it. Their service is great.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

  9. #9
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks
    Netflix is awesome. I received an e-mail from them yesterday saying that they are lower the price I pay by a $1.00 a month.....not sure why but hey I'll take it. Their service is great.
    What plan are you on?

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    GiambiRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, NJ

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    What plan are you on?
    3 at-a-time (Unlimited) Plan
    Here's the e-mail:
    Dear Teri,

    We hope you're enjoying the convenience and selection of your Netflix 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan. Our goal has always been to offer a great service at a great price. Well, the great price just got better!

    We are lowering the price of our 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan in your area from $17.99 a month to $16.99 a month plus applicable taxes.

    Your membership will automatically move to the lower $16.99 price. The lower price will appear on your next bill on or after December 20, 2005. You will still get the same great service and convenience. So please sit back, relax and enjoy your movies!

    -The Netflix Team
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

  11. #11
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks
    3 at-a-time (Unlimited) Plan
    Here's the e-mail:
    Dear Teri,

    We hope you're enjoying the convenience and selection of your Netflix 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan. Our goal has always been to offer a great service at a great price. Well, the great price just got better!

    We are lowering the price of our 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan in your area from $17.99 a month to $16.99 a month plus applicable taxes.

    Your membership will automatically move to the lower $16.99 price. The lower price will appear on your next bill on or after December 20, 2005. You will still get the same great service and convenience. So please sit back, relax and enjoy your movies!

    -The Netflix Team

    Hmmm...that's what I have. Hopefully I'll have an email waiting for me at home. I remember getting something about a class-action lawsuit a few months ago that was supposed to adjust our rate.

  12. #12

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Netflix is the best thing since sliced bread.
    "And I wonder, when I sing along with you. If everything
    could ever feel this real forever. If anything could ever be this good again."

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    yanksrule69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    MA/CT Border

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    I've used Netflix and I'm currently using a free month of Blockbuster. Shipping-wise they are both equally as efficient. I usually have a 2-day turn around because I'm about 40 miles from where both companies have distribution centers.

    Netflix usually has more availability but the 2 free rentals per month from a blockbuster store offset that for me.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

    It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

    "Only the good die young"

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    chanman7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    I have Netflix... sometimes I get DVDs very quickly, other times slower. Don't know why. There is a facility about 25 minutes from me. Hmmm...

    One time, a CD came cracked in half... Was kind of pissed about that. I sent it back and they sent me another one. No biggie.

  15. #15
    NYYF Triple Crown

    AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Thanks everyone. It sounds like a good deal.

  16. #16

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by chanman7483
    I have Netflix... sometimes I get DVDs very quickly, other times slower. Don't know why. There is a facility about 25 minutes from me. Hmmm...
    .
    Sometimes the Netflix facility closest to you wont have the DVD, so they have to send a request to another facility. It happens with harder to find DVD's or extremely popular ones

    I have nothinng bad to say about Netflix at all. They have DVD's that my local blockbuster doesn't, and its cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?


  17. #17
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    A great Netflix ability is to put new movies not yet out on DVD in your queue, even if they're just hitting the theaters. They then keep track of them for you and enter them in the queue when the DVDs are released. The new King Kong is in my queue.
    Let the kids play.

  18. #18
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    The only complaint I can think of is now they are getting so popular that most new releases are on long wait when they come out. When I first got it, you could get anything, any time. Now I'm on a "very long wait" for the 40 Year Old Virgin" even though it was #1 in my queue when it came out.

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend

    tdel23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    new jersey

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    has anyone tried to burn a DVD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??

  20. #20
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    has anyone tried to burn a CD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??
    It'd be hard to burn a Netflix DVD on to a CD

  21. #21

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    has anyone tried to burn a CD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??
    DVD's have a code built in, most studi CD's don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?


  22. #22
    NYYF Legend

    yanksrule69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    MA/CT Border

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    has anyone tried to burn a CD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??
    You should ask FormerlyKnownAsMHHL. I'm sure he would be glad to lend a helping hand.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

    It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

    "Only the good die young"

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    tdel23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    new jersey

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    It'd be hard to burn a Netflix DVD on to a CD
    LOL I made the correction and thanks for the other suggestions.

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    chanman7483's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrule69
    You should ask FormerlyKnownAsMHHL. I'm sure he would be glad to lend a helping hand.

  25. #25

    Re: Netflix Recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    has anyone tried to burn a DVD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??

    Google DVD43 and I'll leave it at that.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts