+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

Netflix Recommendation

I'm thinking about signing up for Netflix. I have a two-week free trial so I thought I would give it a try. Does anyone recommend this or have any reason to avoid using Netflix, such as bad experiences with them?

Thanks.

Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know

Re: Netflix Recommendation

I have heard nothing bad, but also have a good friend who used Blockbuster and said it was great. Any problems she ever had were fixed immediately.
    --Misti

Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

NYYF Legend

I hear it's great and affordable. I too have heard nothing negative.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

NYYF Triple Crown

Thanks. It just seems to be cheaper than my local Blockbuster, assuming I actually watch more than three movies a month.

I have been a Netflix member for about 5 months now, and I love it. The shipping process is very efficient. They even send you emails letting you know that they've received the latest DVD you returned, and that they've shipped the next one in your queue. I'm very happy with them.
    We cannot recapture the past, but sometimes it can recapture us -- if we are not careful. Thomas Sowell

Netflix is amazing. I have a local distribution facility, so anything I send back is only a 2-day turnaround. Searching is easy, they have a bunch of great features on the site, a manageable queue and easy mailing. This time of year, we're watching about 10 movies a month at a total cost of $19.25 including tax.
    Let the kids play.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I've had Netflix for over a year and I love it. The key is turnover though. Sometimes (especially when I rent TV shows) I end up having them for weeks which isn't efficient, but usually I can get, watch and return a movie in a day or two. It's definately cheaper then going to Blockbuster once a week. It's great if you have a DVD burner too.

NYYF Legend

Netflix is awesome. I received an e-mail from them yesterday saying that they are lower the price I pay by a $1.00 a month.....not sure why but hey I'll take it. Their service is great.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks
    Netflix is awesome. I received an e-mail from them yesterday saying that they are lower the price I pay by a $1.00 a month.....not sure why but hey I'll take it. Their service is great.
    What plan are you on?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    What plan are you on?
    3 at-a-time (Unlimited) Plan
    Here's the e-mail:
    Dear Teri,

We hope you're enjoying the convenience and selection of your Netflix 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan. Our goal has always been to offer a great service at a great price. Well, the great price just got better!

We are lowering the price of our 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan in your area from $17.99 a month to $16.99 a month plus applicable taxes.

Your membership will automatically move to the lower $16.99 price. The lower price will appear on your next bill on or after December 20, 2005. You will still get the same great service and convenience. So please sit back, relax and enjoy your movies!

-The Netflix Team
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks
    3 at-a-time (Unlimited) Plan
    Here's the e-mail:
    Dear Teri,

We hope you're enjoying the convenience and selection of your Netflix 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan. Our goal has always been to offer a great service at a great price. Well, the great price just got better!

We are lowering the price of our 3 DVDs-at-a-time plan in your area from $17.99 a month to $16.99 a month plus applicable taxes.

Your membership will automatically move to the lower $16.99 price. The lower price will appear on your next bill on or after December 20, 2005. You will still get the same great service and convenience. So please sit back, relax and enjoy your movies!

-The Netflix Team

Hmmm...that's what I have. Hopefully I'll have an email waiting for me at home. I remember getting something about a class-action lawsuit a few months ago that was supposed to adjust our rate.

Netflix is the best thing since sliced bread.
    "And I wonder, when I sing along with you. If everything
    could ever feel this real forever. If anything could ever be this good again."

NYYF Legend

I've used Netflix and I'm currently using a free month of Blockbuster. Shipping-wise they are both equally as efficient. I usually have a 2-day turn around because I'm about 40 miles from where both companies have distribution centers.

Netflix usually has more availability but the 2 free rentals per month from a blockbuster store offset that for me.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

NYYF Legend

I have Netflix... sometimes I get DVDs very quickly, other times slower. Don't know why. There is a facility about 25 minutes from me. Hmmm...

One time, a CD came cracked in half... Was kind of pissed about that. I sent it back and they sent me another one. No biggie.

NYYF Triple Crown

Thanks everyone. It sounds like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by chanman7483
    I have Netflix... sometimes I get DVDs very quickly, other times slower. Don't know why. There is a facility about 25 minutes from me. Hmmm...
    Sometimes the Netflix facility closest to you wont have the DVD, so they have to send a request to another facility. It happens with harder to find DVD's or extremely popular ones

I have nothinng bad to say about Netflix at all. They have DVD's that my local blockbuster doesn't, and its cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

A great Netflix ability is to put new movies not yet out on DVD in your queue, even if they're just hitting the theaters. They then keep track of them for you and enter them in the queue when the DVDs are released. The new King Kong is in my queue.
    Let the kids play.

The only complaint I can think of is now they are getting so popular that most new releases are on long wait when they come out. When I first got it, you could get anything, any time. Now I'm on a "very long wait" for the 40 Year Old Virgin" even though it was #1 in my queue when it came out.

NYYF Legend

has anyone tried to burn a DVD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    has anyone tried to burn a CD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??
    It'd be hard to burn a Netflix DVD on to a CD

has anyone tried to burn a CD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??
    DVD's have a code built in, most studi CD's don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

You should ask FormerlyKnownAsMHHL. I'm sure he would be glad to lend a helping hand.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    It'd be hard to burn a Netflix DVD on to a CD
    LOL I made the correction and thanks for the other suggestions.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yanksrule69
    You should ask FormerlyKnownAsMHHL. I'm sure he would be glad to lend a helping hand.

has anyone tried to burn a DVD from Netflix...I tried last night but said it was copywrite and couldn't burn. I'm able to burn studio CD's though without a problem. Anyone have any ideas??

Google DVD43 and I'll leave it at that.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Thread Information