+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83
  1. #1
    RIP Sweet Aidan LilChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut

    AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Some of you may remember our friends baby going to Pittsburg for a liver transplant from his Mother last March. He had been doing fairly well, but not well enough to return home yet, so he and his Mom have been living at the Ronald McDonald house near the hospital so he could go in and out for whatever treatments he still needed. His Dad would work all week, and then drive down there every weekend (8hrs each way) or any time there was something going on. When his Dad was here last week he said he had a few minor issues, but nothing serious...
    I got the most horrifying email last night....Aidan is in Intensive care !!! Apparently he took a sudden and drastic turn for the worse. His lungs keep filling with fluids and he was bleeding from everywhere...(I'm getting this 2nd hand from his Mom's best friend) He is intubated and semi-comatose, but I'm not sure if that is sedation or medical. I am expecting another update later today, hopefully with better news.

    Please say a prayer, or send whatever good thoughts you can to this poor little baby boy...he has been through so very much for the past year, as has his family. He has to pull through!!!
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

  2. #2
    RIP Sweet Aidan LilChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    If anyone wants to read Aidan's webpage and his Mom's journal of the past year...here's the link

    http://www2.caringbridge.org/hi/aidan/index.htm

    Pics of the little cutie too...
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

  3. #3
    Ooo - RAH! PalmerGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southwestern GA

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    This is sad news indeed, LilChief. That little guy has been through so much. My sincere prayers that God's will be done... hopefully, for a swift recovery. God bless.
    Thanks for the memories, George. You made the Yankees what they are today... Champions!

  4. #4
    Non-Tendered Irabu's Son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Binghamton NY

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    I don't even know what to say, except to extend my prayers and deepest sympathies to Aidan and his family...
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    So put another dime in the jukebox baby
    I love Shawn Chacon
    so come and take your time and dance with me." (Snap731)

  5. #5

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Prayers have been sent he and his family's way. God Bless.


  6. #6
    NYYF Legend

    NJ Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Aw, Steph. I feel so badly for Aidan, his parents and loved ones. I will pray for him....the little cutie-pie! Those are great photos of him on that site!

    Hang tough, little guy!

  7. #7
    Let's Go Yankees!!! NYYfan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Adirondack Mtns of NY State

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Oh that poor family. He just turned two...how sad. They will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy

    Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    What a precious little boy. He must be very brave to be going through all that.

    I am sending along my prayers and wishes to Aidan and his family that he gets through this.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    GiambiRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, NJ

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    I am sending them thoughts of love and strength. I pray that His will be done and for courage to face the challenges that the next few days will bring this child and his family.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

  10. #10
    RIP Sweet Aidan LilChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Thanks everyone...keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming...I am so sick over this news, I just want to cry! I keep checking my email for an update but don't expect one until at least later this evening...I'll post an update if I get one.

    Hang in there Aidan! You've fought so hard for so long little guy!
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

  11. #11
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    I'm praying for him (& his family as well) Steph.
    Pardon, for us.

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend

    stephsamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Sunshine State

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    That is such sad news. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. He is way too young to have to go through this.

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    ritaylnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Lawn Guyland through & through

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    I'll pray for him and his family. It boggles the mind what some people have to go through!
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

  14. #14
    Suchastud Buckeye Yank's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Indian territory

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    As a parent I can't imagine what your friends are going through. I've said many prayers for Aidan & the family and will continue to do so. Hopefully your next e-mail from them will be good news!!!! Those pictures of him are absolutely ADOREABLE!!!

  15. #15
    RIP Sweet Aidan LilChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Yank
    As a parent I can't imagine what your friends are going through. I've said many prayers for Aidan & the family and will continue to do so. Hopefully your next e-mail from them will be good news!!!! Those pictures of him are absolutely ADOREABLE!!!
    I have to see if I still have copies of the pics from when he was on his way to Pittsburgh...with his full head of beautiful blond curls...I bought him a puzzle of his name when I was in London this summer, and his Dad said he playd with it all the time and can "spell" his name easily now ( has memorized how to put it together.)...

    Waiting for news feels like forever....
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

  16. #16
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilChief
    Some of you may remember our friends baby going to Pittsburg for a liver transplant from his Mother last March. He had been doing fairly well, but not well enough to return home yet, so he and his Mom have been living at the Ronald McDonald house near the hospital so he could go in and out for whatever treatments he still needed. His Dad would work all week, and then drive down there every weekend (8hrs each way) or any time there was something going on. When his Dad was here last week he said he had a few minor issues, but nothing serious...
    I got the most horrifying email last night....Aidan is in Intensive care !!! Apparently he took a sudden and drastic turn for the worse. His lungs keep filling with fluids and he was bleeding from everywhere...(I'm getting this 2nd hand from his Mom's best friend) He is intubated and semi-comatose, but I'm not sure if that is sedation or medical. I am expecting another update later today, hopefully with better news.

    Please say a prayer, or send whatever good thoughts you can to this poor little baby boy...he has been through so very much for the past year, as has his family. He has to pull through!!!

    My God.

    Will pray. Please keep us posted.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  17. #17
    RIP Sweet Aidan LilChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Oh Dear God....this is not looking good at all....

    I just finished IMing with Aidan's Mom's best friend here, who has been handling all of the fundraising and updates. She told me that Aidan's kidneys are failing and he's heavily sedated now. Her sense is that this may all be over in a few hours to a few days...I pray that by some miracle, this poor little baby can pull out of this and recover.

    Keep praying everyone, it's all we can do at this point...I just can't believe that after being there for 9 months. and expecting to be home for Christmas, that this has turned so critical in such a short time...

    I'll keep you all posted as I hear any more...
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    Barb51850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Astoria, NY

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    This is so sad. Such a courageous little boy. God be with him. He and his family are in my prayers tonight.

    Hugs to you,
    Barb
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

  19. #19
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Aww he is so precious. My God what an awful situation, I really hope things turn out good. So unfair for such an innocent baby to be going through this.

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Sorry to hear it looks like things have gotten worse. I hope and pray that he can fight this, but at 2 years old, it must be extremely difficult. Poor little guy. I feel for his parents. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling.

    Sending more prayers his way.
    I am also praying that the next update will be better news.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  21. #21
    one of the few nyy fans in az yankeesfaninaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ (originally from Queens, NY)

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    i wish the little guy the very best. what sad news.
    My name is Tracy and I am a female

  22. #22

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Poor little baby doll. Aidan and his family will be very much in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he pulls through.

  23. #23
    RIP Sweet Aidan LilChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    No news yet this morning, hoping no noews is good news...
    Attached Images
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    Trish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilChief
    Oh Dear God....this is not looking good at all....

    I just finished IMing with Aidan's Mom's best friend here, who has been handling all of the fundraising and updates. She told me that Aidan's kidneys are failing and he's heavily sedated now. Her sense is that this may all be over in a few hours to a few days...I pray that by some miracle, this poor little baby can pull out of this and recover.

    Keep praying everyone, it's all we can do at this point...I just can't believe that after being there for 9 months. and expecting to be home for Christmas, that this has turned so critical in such a short time...

    I'll keep you all posted as I hear any more...
    The poor little guy. It's so heartbreaking to watch a little sweet baby suffer like that. And no parent should have to endure watching it.

    I'll keep them all in my prayers.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend

    CptCrunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Back in the burbs

    Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

    Poor little guy. His family and him will be in my thoughts.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts