+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

Some of you may remember our friends baby going to Pittsburg for a liver transplant from his Mother last March. He had been doing fairly well, but not well enough to return home yet, so he and his Mom have been living at the Ronald McDonald house near the hospital so he could go in and out for whatever treatments he still needed. His Dad would work all week, and then drive down there every weekend (8hrs each way) or any time there was something going on. When his Dad was here last week he said he had a few minor issues, but nothing serious...
    I got the most horrifying email last night....Aidan is in Intensive care !!! Apparently he took a sudden and drastic turn for the worse. His lungs keep filling with fluids and he was bleeding from everywhere...(I'm getting this 2nd hand from his Mom's best friend) He is intubated and semi-comatose, but I'm not sure if that is sedation or medical. I am expecting another update later today, hopefully with better news.

Please say a prayer, or send whatever good thoughts you can to this poor little baby boy...he has been through so very much for the past year, as has his family. He has to pull through!!!
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

Re: AIDAN needs your PRAYERS!!!

If anyone wants to read Aidan's webpage and his Mom's journal of the past year...here's the link

http://www2.caringbridge.org/hi/aidan/index.htm

Pics of the little cutie too...
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000][size=3][color=blue][b]RIP AIDAN [/b][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]
    [b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]I HATE CANCER!!! [/color][/size][/font][/b]

This is sad news indeed, LilChief. That little guy has been through so much. My sincere prayers that God's will be done... hopefully, for a swift recovery. God bless.
    Thanks for the memories, George. You made the Yankees what they are today... Champions!

I don't even know what to say, except to extend my prayers and deepest sympathies to Aidan and his family...
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    So put another dime in the jukebox baby
    I love Shawn Chacon
    so come and take your time and dance with me." (Snap731)

Prayers have been sent he and his family's way. God Bless.

NYYF Legend

Aw, Steph. I feel so badly for Aidan, his parents and loved ones. I will pray for him....the little cutie-pie! Those are great photos of him on that site!

Hang tough, little guy!

Oh that poor family. He just turned two...how sad. They will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nancy

Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

NYYF Legend

What a precious little boy. He must be very brave to be going through all that.

I am sending along my prayers and wishes to Aidan and his family that he gets through this.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

I am sending them thoughts of love and strength. I pray that His will be done and for courage to face the challenges that the next few days will bring this child and his family.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

Thanks everyone...keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming...I am so sick over this news, I just want to cry! I keep checking my email for an update but don't expect one until at least later this evening...I'll post an update if I get one.

Hang in there Aidan! You've fought so hard for so long little guy!

I'm praying for him (& his family as well) Steph.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

That is such sad news. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. He is way too young to have to go through this.

NYYF Legend

I'll pray for him and his family. It boggles the mind what some people have to go through!
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

As a parent I can't imagine what your friends are going through. I've said many prayers for Aidan & the family and will continue to do so. Hopefully your next e-mail from them will be good news!!!! Those pictures of him are absolutely ADOREABLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Yank
    As a parent I can't imagine what your friends are going through. I've said many prayers for Aidan & the family and will continue to do so. Hopefully your next e-mail from them will be good news!!!! Those pictures of him are absolutely ADOREABLE!!!
    I have to see if I still have copies of the pics from when he was on his way to Pittsburgh...with his full head of beautiful blond curls...I bought him a puzzle of his name when I was in London this summer, and his Dad said he playd with it all the time and can "spell" his name easily now ( has memorized how to put it together.)...

Waiting for news feels like forever....

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilChief
    Some of you may remember our friends baby going to Pittsburg for a liver transplant from his Mother last March. He had been doing fairly well, but not well enough to return home yet, so he and his Mom have been living at the Ronald McDonald house near the hospital so he could go in and out for whatever treatments he still needed. His Dad would work all week, and then drive down there every weekend (8hrs each way) or any time there was something going on. When his Dad was here last week he said he had a few minor issues, but nothing serious...
    I got the most horrifying email last night....Aidan is in Intensive care !!! Apparently he took a sudden and drastic turn for the worse. His lungs keep filling with fluids and he was bleeding from everywhere...(I'm getting this 2nd hand from his Mom's best friend) He is intubated and semi-comatose, but I'm not sure if that is sedation or medical. I am expecting another update later today, hopefully with better news.

Please say a prayer, or send whatever good thoughts you can to this poor little baby boy...he has been through so very much for the past year, as has his family. He has to pull through!!!

My God.

Will pray. Please keep us posted.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

Oh Dear God....this is not looking good at all....

I just finished IMing with Aidan's Mom's best friend here, who has been handling all of the fundraising and updates. She told me that Aidan's kidneys are failing and he's heavily sedated now. Her sense is that this may all be over in a few hours to a few days...I pray that by some miracle, this poor little baby can pull out of this and recover.

Keep praying everyone, it's all we can do at this point...I just can't believe that after being there for 9 months. and expecting to be home for Christmas, that this has turned so critical in such a short time...

I'll keep you all posted as I hear any more...

NYYF Legend

This is so sad. Such a courageous little boy. God be with him. He and his family are in my prayers tonight.

Hugs to you,
    Barb
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

NYYF HOF

Aww he is so precious. My God what an awful situation, I really hope things turn out good. So unfair for such an innocent baby to be going through this.

NYYF Legend

Sorry to hear it looks like things have gotten worse. I hope and pray that he can fight this, but at 2 years old, it must be extremely difficult. Poor little guy. I feel for his parents. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling.

Sending more prayers his way.
    I am also praying that the next update will be better news.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

one of the few nyy fans in az yankeesfaninaz's Avatar
    Scottsdale, AZ (originally from Queens, NY)

i wish the little guy the very best. what sad news.
    My name is Tracy and I am a female

Poor little baby doll. Aidan and his family will be very much in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he pulls through.

No news yet this morning, hoping no noews is good news...
    Attached Images

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LilChief
    Oh Dear God....this is not looking good at all....

I just finished IMing with Aidan's Mom's best friend here, who has been handling all of the fundraising and updates. She told me that Aidan's kidneys are failing and he's heavily sedated now. Her sense is that this may all be over in a few hours to a few days...I pray that by some miracle, this poor little baby can pull out of this and recover.

Keep praying everyone, it's all we can do at this point...I just can't believe that after being there for 9 months. and expecting to be home for Christmas, that this has turned so critical in such a short time...

I'll keep you all posted as I hear any more...
    The poor little guy. It's so heartbreaking to watch a little sweet baby suffer like that. And no parent should have to endure watching it.

I'll keep them all in my prayers.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Poor little guy. His family and him will be in my thoughts.

Thread Information