Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Is Roger Clemens pulling shenanigans again?

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    Clemens does need to give SOME indication, just out of consideration for the Astros.
    Exactly. It's like he's toying with the team

I feel a polite reminder from the moderator and a locking of the thread coming

Re: Is Roger Clemens pulling shenanigans?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFLASH
    WOW,WHAT A COMEBACK,SIR! YOU SURE PUT ME IN MY PLACE,NOT! Just because he retired, and was talked into by a former yankee Pettite(who was screwed by george) to pitch for his hometown doesn't make him a a-hole! THINK MAN!
    Please, fellow poster, quit while you're behind.
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    So put another dime in the jukebox baby
    I love Shawn Chacon
    so come and take your time and dance with me." (Snap731)

NYYF Legend

koby?

Yanked Out Of The Womb nyctalopia's Avatar

WOW,WHAT A COMEBACK,SIR! YOU SURE PUT ME IN MY PLACE,NOT! Just because he retired, and was talked into by a former yankee Pettite(who was screwed by george) to pitch for his hometown doesn't make him a a-hole! THINK MAN!
    how old are you? 8? 10 maybe?
    WELCOME JOE.

Released Outright

A COOKA RACHA A COOKA RACHA

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I've been waiting for wonderful, thought provoking posts like JJFLASH's since the off-season began.

As for Clemens. He needs to make up his mind for once in his life. Ever hear of making a decision and sticking to it? He'd be fired from the Apprentice.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Irabu's Son
    Please, fellow poster, quit while you're behind.
    AM I? Using logic my friend, scares people from the truth! and you sir CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Would you turn down pitching for your home town team? You are just are ticked off that he didn't finish as a Yankee! BIG FRICKING DEAL! At least, he was a great Yankee for awhile!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 38Special

A COOKA RACHA A COOKA RACHA

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by nyctalopia
    how old are you? 8? 10 maybe?
    Great comeback,NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee
    I've been waiting for wonderful, thought provoking posts like JJFLASH's since the off-season began.

As for Clemens. He needs to make up his mind for once in his life. Ever hear of making a decision and sticking to it? He'd be fired from the Apprentice.
    He wants arbitration. That way, he looks like a hero for accepting another year with his hometown team while getting a crap load of money, rather than having to ruin his spotless reputation in houston by ASKING for a crapload of money.
    WELCOME JOE.

NYYF Legend

AM I? Using logic my friend, scares people from the truth! and you sir CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Would you turn down pitching for your home town team? You are just are ticked off that he didn't finish as a Yankee! BIG FRICKING DEAL! At least, he was a great Yankee for awhile!
    ....which has NOTHING to do with how he's holding houston hostage...AGAIN.

that's it. yankee fans who were quasi-burned by clemens in the past are merely noting that for the 3rd consecutive year roger insists on yanking a team around.

let'r go kid. just...let'r go.

I can think of six good reasons I don't want Clemens.

1. Randy Johnson
    2. Mike Mussina
    3. Shawn Chacon
    4. Chieng-Ming Wang
    5. That stupid Hummer
    6. He'd cost about $15m
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    I love Shawn Chacon

Yankee Fan since May 9,1962 jimmyclark's Avatar

PLEASE do not call the the Rocket that! He is a classy guy who can still bring it who is torn between doing something he loves and his family. Need you forget, he helped the Yankees to win 2 world championships.

Dare I say you are a a-hole, calling him one,sir!
    Clemens also went to Toronto after the 1996 season saying he liked quiet fans and playing catch with his kids in a warehouse disguised as a ballpark. 2 years later after the Yankees won 125 games he invoked a clause in his contract saying he could get traded if the Blue Jays weren't showing sufficient improvement. They had the 4th best record in the AL after the All-Star game. He also made sure the Yankees renegotiated his contract.
    Clemens is one of the greatest pitchers in history. But he does have a habit of making a fool of himself in public. He says he will only go into Cooperstown "as a Yankee" but wears a sponsor's hat after winning his 300th game. He says he will retire after the 2003 season but files for free agency anyways. He gives an interview to Michael Kay in 2004 saying he wants to work for the Yankees in spring when he retires and is surprised when Kay informs him a "personal services"contract prohibits that. He chooses to pitch at Yankee stadium in the split doubleheader in 2000 so he can throw a 95 mph fastball at Mike Piazza's head and hide behind the DH. The next year Torre changes the rotation so Clemens won't have to hit at Shea Stadium and Clemens says nothing.
    Admire the pitching skill and the work ethic...ignore the retirement talk. Other than Koufax who retired because of health, who was the last Hall of Fame pitcher to retire with a winning record? Iron Man Joe McGinnity in 1908. And the Iron Man did not exactly retire..he pitched another 15 years (!) in the minors near his Oklahoma home using his soft underhanded pitch "Old Sal".

Great comeback,NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my bad. we'll settle on 9 then.
    WELCOME JOE.

Released Outright

Anyone know Roger's phone number? I wanna know what it's like to swim in a tub full of money. Does he get paper cuts?

Released Outright

38 Special-What does Bonds have to do with this? Rocket's no fricking cheater!

wow. just wow.
    WELCOME JOE.

Released Outright

frick you man!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyclark
    Clemens also went to Toronto after the 1996 season saying he liked quiet fans and playing catch with his kids in a warehouse disguised as a ballpark. 2 years later after the Yankees won 125 games he invoked a clause in his contract saying he could get traded if the Blue Jays weren't showing sufficient improvement. They had the 4th best record in the AL after the All-Star game. He also made sure the Yankees renegotiated his contract.
    Clemens is one of the greatest pitchers in history. But he does have a habit of making a fool of himself in public. He says he will only go into Cooperstown "as a Yankee" but wears a sponsor's hat after winning his 300th game. He says he will retire after the 2003 season but files for free agency anyways. He gives an interview to Michael Kay in 2004 saying he wants to work for the Yankees in spring when he retires and is surprised when Kay informs him a "personal services"contract prohibits that. He chooses to pitch at Yankee stadium in the split doubleheader in 2000 so he can throw a 95 mph fastball at Mike Piazza's head and hide behind the DH. The next year Torre changes the rotation so Clemens won't have to hit at Shea Stadium and Clemens says nothing.
    Admire the pitching skill and the work ethic...ignore the retirement talk. Other than Koufax who retired because of health, who was the last Hall of Fame pitcher to retire with a winning record? Iron Man Joe McGinnity in 1908. And the Iron Man did not exactly retire..he pitched another 15 years (!) in the minors near his Oklahoma home using his soft underhanded pitch "Old Sal".
    Good info and good read. Nice post.
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    I love Shawn Chacon

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by nyctalopia
    my bad. we'll settle on 9 then.
    I say it again,logic,blows peoples mind and they can't find a good comeback.

Anyone know Roger's phone number? I wanna know what it's like to swim in a tub full of money. Does he get paper cuts?
    He wears a cup.
    "I love Shawn Chacon
    I love Shawn Chacon

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Dan Pasqua
    This is different than what happened with the Yankees. He essentially retired after the Marlins World Series, remember his whole tipping his hat coming off the mound thing and the standing O from the Marlins players and fans? And they the Astros signed his bestest friend in the whole wide world in Pettitte, essentially let him do whatever he wanted as a member of the team (don't go on road trips if he didn't need to start), and basically play in his own backyard.
    And the US had been knocked out of the Olympics in the qualifying round by Mexico. He really wanted to pitch in the Olympics. Sop he re-channeled his competitive urge to the Astros.

I think some Yankee fans took the whole Clemens "I'm retired..but actually I changed my mind and Im signing with Houston" thing way too personally

frick you man!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    WELCOME JOE.

Thread Information