+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mike Myers: Yankees, Sox, none of the above

With December 7th around the corner, where do you see Myers going? I'd love to have him as a LOOGY but that might be out of the Yank's hands.

He only made 600,000 last year and if Boston offers him arbitration, I don't see how he won't accept, since he stands to make more than what the Yankee's might offer as a LOOGY if he declines.

Was it a risk not signing him now, not knowing if the Sox will offer arbitration? Maybe the Yank's know he'll decline if offered? Perhaps Boston isn't interested in going to arbitration with him? Your predictions.

Re: Mike Myers: Yankees, Sox, none of the above

Boston will def offer him arb. They need a lefty just like we do, and if they lose him they would love the compensation.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

I have no clue where he'll end up, all I know is that the Yankees should have gotten him in 2004...Felix Heredia and Gabe White what a sick joke.

He would make a great LOOGY. I don't love giving up the draft pick, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    Boston will def offer him arb. They need a lefty just like we do, and if they lose him they would love the compensation.
    Now it comes down to will he accept. My feeling is that he will because he'd probably make more through arbitration than the Yanks may offer. I can't see Cashman breaking the bank for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks
    He would make a great LOOGY. I don't love giving up the draft pick, though.
    At least it won't be a first rounder if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42
    I have no clue where he'll end up, all I know is that the Yankees should have gotten him in 2004...Felix Heredia and Gabe White what a sick joke.
    The Yanks and their (in)ability to evaluate pitching talent leaves a lot to be desired.

I say he signs with the Yankees.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Triple Crown

We may have to find another diamond in the rough if we don't get him. Or just sign Tavarez.

my guess is that the yankees is offering less money compare to what myers will get in arbitration so myers is waiting for the red sox. Now it is up to the sox to decide if the arbitration number is within their limit for myers.

My guess is Boston, but fortunately, he's not the only fish in the LOOGY sea.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    I say he signs with the Yankees.
    Granmama Myers? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin
    We may have to find another diamond in the rough if we don't get him. Or just sign Tavarez.
    Tavarez + The Farns + Tanyon the Manyon...what a trio!

Sorry, I have a soft spot for nuts like Ron Artest, Bernard Hopkins, etc.

I think he already has a deal with the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah!
    Which means the Sox are smart enough to realized that and will definitely offer him arbitration.

I don't want him if he costs us a 2nd rounder.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

This is where the Sox front office was much smarter than what we had passing as a front office the past few years. While the 4,533 guys in Tampa offering opinions couldn't decide what they wanted for lunch, Boston offered arbitration to EVERY SINGLE FREE AGENT they had and also notice that not one undesirable took it. Boston will undoubtably offer arb to Myers.
    Life is good!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah!
    I hope not, a LOOGY is not worth a draft pick.
    Life is good!

Won't scruple to squash Prickly Pete's Avatar

As a Sox fan, I hope the Yankees (or someone other than Boston) signs him.

He's 36-years-old and just had one of the best years of his career. I just don't see him duplicating last season. He had a 4.88 ERA from 2002-2004, and his numbers against lefties those years weren't that impressive (.240 BAA and a WHIP above 1.30).

But in this market he's going to cash in on an excellent 2005 season and get more than $1 million for pitching 35 innings. I'd rather take the draft pick and get someone who isn't a complete liability against right-handers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I hope not, a LOOGY is not worth a draft pick.
    I would only consider Myers if we didn't have to give up a draft pick. Joey Eischen would be a better choice. Eischen is a solid reliever, not just a LOOGY, and won't cost us a pick.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
    Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Lt. Col., USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Prickly Pete
    As a Sox fan, I hope the Yankees (or someone other than Boston) signs him.

He's 36-years-old and just had one of the best years of his career. I just don't see him duplicating last season. He had a 4.88 ERA from 2002-2004, and his numbers against lefties those years weren't that impressive (.240 BAA and a WHIP above 1.30).

But in this market he's going to cash in on an excellent 2005 season and get more than $1 million for pitching 35 innings. I'd rather take the draft pick and get someone who isn't a complete liability against right-handers.
    Yep, didn't he start out the year really poorly, get dropped and come back and pitch really well. It's amazing the sawx were able to get away w/ the twin "oogys"- myers and bradford as the first guys out of the pen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

NYYF Legend

I want the Yankees to sign Rudy Seanez.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

NYYF Legend

I would love to sign him. There are not many LOOGY's available, and Myers would clearly be the best of them. He needs to be used correctly, and if he is, he would be extremely effective.

People here don't seem to think that much of LOOGY's, but they should Think back to who we have trotted out in the big spot in the last couple of years. Myers would have increased the win total not unsubstantially.

According to Rotoworld both teams are looking at Rick White too.

Free agent Rick White said he is a few days from signing with either the Yankees or Red Sox.

All these tens of millions of dollars being thrown around and the Yankees and Red Sox are battling for Rick White and Mike Myers. We don't see why either team would want White on anything more than a minor league deal. He posted a 3.70 ERA last season, but that was in the NL and he had a 1.59 WHIP to go along with it.

approximately how much will myers be getting if he goes to arbitration?

Thread Information