+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FRod Targeted by Rockies

http://denverpost.com/rockies/ci_3260486

I wasn't sure where else to post this, but it looks like the Rockies may sign FRod. I guess if they do this fairly soon then the Yankees will be compensated for it which would be great because I think FRod may end up being the highest ranked player they Rocks would sign this year.

If that is true and we end up offering him arbitration we would get a supplemental first rounder right?

Mods move this if you want.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

Re: FRod Targeted by Rockies

I don't know if we would get a 1st rounder pick because Frod is probably a Type B or C free agent. But if we do getthe Rockies first round pick then Cashman should send him some Denver real Estate guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    I don't know if we would get a 1st rounder pick because Frod is probably a Type B or C free agent. But if we do getthe Rockies first round pick then Cashman should send him some Denver real Estate guides.
    If Frod is a B free agent we'll get a 1st round pick if their pick is 16-30, if not then we'll their 2nd round pick.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

Frod is a Type "B" free agent which gets you the signing team's first round draft choice if he's offered arbitration.
    Type A
    Wilson Alvarez (LAD), Brad Ausmus (Hou), A.J. Burnett (Fla), Jeromy Burnitz (ChC), Royce Clayton (Ari), Roger Clemens (Hou), Jeff Conine (Fla), Johnny Damon (Bos), Octavio Dotel (Oak), Erubiel Durazo (Oak), Scott Eyre (SF), Kyle Farnsworth (Atl), Rafael Furcal (Atl), Brian Giles (SD), Tom Gordon (NYY), Tony Graffanino (Bos), Mark Grudzielanek (StL), Ramon Hernandez (SD), Trevor Hoffman (SD), Bob Howry (Cle), Todd Jones (Fla), Paul Konerko (CWS), Matt Lawton (NYY), Braden Looper (NYM), Kevin Millar (Bos), Bengie Molina (LAA), Matt Morris (StL), Bill Mueller (Bos), Mike Piazza (NYM), Joe Randa (SD), Al Reyes (StL), Kenny Rogers (Tex), B.J. Ryan (Bal), Rudy Seanez (SD), Julian Tavarez (StL), Ugueth Urbina (Phi), Billy Wagner (Phi), Larry Walker (StL), Jeff Weaver (LAD), Rondell White (Det), Bob Wickman (Cle), Tim Worrell (Ari).

Type B
    Antonio Alfonseca (Fla), Rich Aurilia (Cin), Paul Byrd (LAA), Hector Carrasco (Was), Elmer Dessens (LAD), Cal Eldred (StL), Juan Encarnacion (Fla), Shawn Estes (Ari), Carl Everett (CWS), Julio Franco (Atl), Nomar Garciaparra (ChC), Alex Gonzalez (Fla), Todd Greene (Col), Chris Hammond (SD), Scott Hatteberg (Oak), Rick Helling (Mil), Roberto Hernandez (NYM), Jason Johnson (Det), Jacque Jones (Min), Al Leiter (NYY), Esteban Loaiza (Was), Kenny Lofton (Phi), Brian Meadows (Pit), Jim Mecir (Fla), Jose Mesa (Pit), Dan Miceli (Col), Kevin Millwood (Cle), Jamie Moyer (Sea), Mike Myers (Bos), Rafael Palmeiro (Bal), Todd Pratt (Phi), Felix Rodriguez (NYY), Reggie Sanders (StL), J.T. Snow (SF), Sammy Sosa (Bal), Russ Springer (Hou), Frank Thomas (CWS), Brett Tomko (SF), Michael Tucker (Phi), Daryle Ward (Pit), Jarrod Washburn (LAA), Bernie Williams (NYY), Preston Wilson (Was), Eric Young (SD).

Type C (first-time free agents only)
    Joey Eischen (Was), Scott Elarton (Cle), Abraham Nunez (StL).

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79
    If Frod is a B free agent we'll get a 1st round pick if their pick is 16-30, if not then we'll get a supplementary pick.
    A supplemental would be pretty nice for Frod

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Frod is a Type "B" free agent which gets you the signing team's first round draft choice if he's offered arbitration.
    If that team has a pick 1-15, we'll get their 2nd round pick
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Ah, thanks for the info. This could be the best thing he's done for us all year.

If Frod is a B free agent we'll get a 1st round pick if their pick is 16-30, if not then we'll get a supplementary pick.
    Even, if the signing team is between 16-30 you still might not get that team's first round pick if they sign another free agent that is rated higher than Frod for instance.

If that team has a pick 1-15, we'll get a supplementary pick, not their 1st round.
    Read my other post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Even, if the signing team is between 16-30 you still might not get that team's first round pick if they sign another free agent that is rated higher than Frod for instance.
    Yeah, you're correct. We can still end up with a 2nd rounder.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Yup. The Rockies aren't losing a draft pick so they got nothing to lose signing him before the dates teams have to announce whether they will offer arbitration.

Which works out great for us if it does happen. So if they sign him we get a supplemental regardless of whoever else they sign, right?

Even if that isn't the case I don't see them jumping in on many other free agents, though I don't really know.

Guarantee they don't sign him til after the arb deadline. That's why things are so slow right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabien Brandy
    Guarantee they don't sign him til after the arb deadline. That's why things are so slow right now.

But it isn't like it matters to the Rocks they won't lose anything.

If Gordon and Frod are offered arbitration and Gordon signs with the Phillies and Frod with the Rockies. And assuming we sign Farnsworth therefore losing our 1st round pick.

I think we'll have 1 1st round pick(coming from the Phillies), 1 supplementary pick (Gordon) and 2 2nd round picks (The Rockies and ours).
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

If Gordon and Frod are offered arbitration and Gordon signs with the Phillies and Frod with the Rockies. And assuming we sign Farnsworth therefore losing our 1st round pick.

I think we'll have 1 1st round pick(coming from the Phillies), 2 supplementary picks (Frod and Gordon) and our 2nd round pick. Not bad. 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.
    Which would be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    But it isn't like it matters to the Rocks they won't lose anything.
    I'm mistaken, the Rockies can lose their 2nd round pick. For example, when the Cubs signed Eyre, the Giants will get a supplementary pick and the Cubs 2nd round.

For losing Scott Eyre (Type A) to the Cubs, the Giants will receive a supplemental first-round choice and Chicago's second-rounder.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...sts/askba.html
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I'm mistaken, the Rockies can lose their 2nd round pick. For example, when the Cubs signed Eyre, the Giants will get a supplementary pick and the Cubs 2nd round.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...sts/askba.html

So then we would get a supplemental and a secondrounder (which I am assuming since this is the Rockies it would be a high secondrounder)

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    So then we would get a supplemental and a secondrounder (which I am assuming since this is the Rockies it would be a high secondrounder)
    We'll get the 2nd rounder because Frod is a class B free agent while Eyre was a class A.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I'm mistaken, the Rockies can lose their 2nd round pick.
    Exactly - for Type B free agents there is no supplemental pick, only the 1st, 2nd, 3rd...

There's no way the Rockies don't wait until the Yankees don't offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabien Brandy
    Exactly - for Type B free agents there is no supplemental pick, only the 1st, 2nd, 3rd...

There's no way the Rockies don't wait until the Yankees don't offer.
    Ok, i think you are correct.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Released Outright

They will not sign F-Rod before the deadline. He will likely make more in arbitration, and thus the Rockies and anyone else will probably be banking on us not offering him arbitration.

Tough decision for us to make, i'd love the draft pick but i do NOT want him on this team eating up a spot if by some chance he accepts

I do not like FRod either, however I'd offer him Arb anyway. The reasoning - it appears that he hates the yankees so bad that he'd not accept Arb anyway. If he did accept, with the kind of year he had, he'd lose Arb and we'd have a cheap reliever who we could trade for a roll of TP.

I don't think there's much risk by offering him Arb.

I think the arb offer really prevents any team from signing him, which pretty much means he'll accept.

In other words, there's no way the Yankees get a draft pick - they either get FRod at an arb price for a year or nothing.

The yankees will be foolish to offer FROD arbitration without an agreement that FROD will reject the arbitration. And FROD will be foolish to agree on such a deal. So I am not counting on getting any picks from FROD. The same holds true for Lawton.

Quote Originally Posted by nyg02005
    The yankees will be foolish to offer FROD arbitration without an agreement that FROD will reject the arbitration. And FROD will be foolish to agree on such a deal. So I am not counting on getting any picks from FROD. The same holds true for Lawton.
    Exactly.

Thread Information