+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2821

Thread: Who am I?

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Who am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck View Post
    Who am I? #430

On the same day that I had my second career "Platinum Sombrero" or "Olympic Rings" as a hitter ... I accomplished something that was far more pleasing as a major league ball player. The memorable event that was very pleasing was getting my first career win as a pitcher! That win sure put a big smile on my face at game's end after a really tough afternoon.

Who am I?
    You are Chris Davis on May 6, 2012 and your team has won both of your 5 strikeout games.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    You are Chris Davis on May 6, 2012 and your team has won both of your 5 strikeout games.

Nice job, Evan!

Looks like that game was the first time he pitched as a professional at any level!

And then he goes and beats my team.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Whom am I #431

Sólo lanzó el primer no-hitter en la historia de mi franquicia! No tenían en sus 50 años de historia, que son 8.020 juegos de temporada regular.

Ahora si sólo puedo obtener algún éxito postemporada bajo mi cinturón, ah y comprobarme fuera esta noche a la estrella de la muerte...¡ Significa Yankee Stadium y ver si se pueden duplicar esfuerzos!

The English will completely give it away, but why not:

I just threw the very first no-hitter in the history of my franchise! They hadn't had one in their 50 year history, that's 8,020 regular season games.

Now if I can just get some postseason success under my belt, oh and check me out tonight at the Death Star...I mean Yankee Stadium and see if efforts can be duplicated!

=

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve J. Rogers View Post
    The English will completely give it away, but why not:

I just threw the very first no-hitter in the history of my franchise! They hadn't had one in their 50 year history, that's 8,020 regular season games.

Now if I can just get some postseason success under my belt, oh and check me out tonight at the Death Star...I mean Yankee Stadium and see if efforts can be duplicated!

=
    I am the guy who threw the no-no that should have been a 1 hitter:

Johan Santana!

Who am I? #432

When managing the Yankees, George Steinbrenner told everyone that I wouldn't be back the nest year as I had a real estate opportunity that was too good to pass up! News to me! Who am I?
    “The only real game, I think, in the world is baseball.” - Babe Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by 4LouGehrig View Post
    Who am I? #432

When managing the Yankees, George Steinbrenner told everyone that I wouldn't be back the nest year as I had a real estate opportunity that was too good to pass up! News to me! Who am I?
    Dick Howser.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Dick Howser.
    Wow!! That took less than 1 hour!! That is correct!

#433 Who am I? I am the only Cleveland Indian (one of the ORIGINAL AL teams) to ever hit for the cycle IN Cleveland!! Who am I?
    It ain't like football. You can't make up no trick plays. ~Yogi Berra
    NYYFans.com - Simply the best sports forum on the 'net. Thank you!

NYYF Triple Crown

That was easy to look up. You are Earl Averill.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    That was easy to look up. You are Earl Averill.
    Yep, you, Evan, are correct!!

I knew it was easy to find but I was a little surprised that there was only ONE. I think there has been about 8 or 9 Indians to hit them but all but Averill's was hit on the road which is a little strange!

Let's get some good questions out there!!
    It ain't like football. You can't make up no trick plays. ~Yogi Berra
    NYYFans.com - Simply the best sports forum on the 'net. Thank you!

Who am I? #434

I played my entire 9 year career with the Bronx Bombers (not many ball players can say that) and hit over .300 five times. I also wore a famous number! Who am I?

NYYF Legend

Are you 3B Red Rolfe who happened to have a few more famous teammates in the 1930s.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeTradition View Post
    Who am I? #434

I played my entire 9 year career with the Bronx Bombers (not many ball players can say that) and hit over .300 five times. I also wore a famous number! Who am I?
    Was one of your five career walkoff hits really instead a fly ball out that scored Red Rolph with the winning run in a ten inning victory over the Cleveland Indians back in 1935?
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

NYYF Legend

Was one of your five career walkoff hits really instead a fly ball out that scored Red Rolph with the winning run in a ten inning victory over the Cleveland Indians back in 1935?
    So does that one game and 0 PAs back in 1931 disqualify Red and make Twinkletoes the better answer?
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    So does that one game and 0 PAs back in 1931 disqualify Red and make Twinkletoes the better answer?
    I made a boo-boo. It was Twinkletoes that drove in the winning run in the second game that was played that afternoon ... not in the first 10-inning game that was also won in a walk-off. There was no sacrifice fly rule that season. Wonder how many fly outs instead of sacrifice flys George Selkirk hit in 1935 that could of hurt his batting average?

NYYF Legend

I made a boo-boo. It was Twinkletoes that drove in the winning run in the second game that was played that afternoon ... not in the first 10-inning game that was also won in a walk-off. There was no sacrifice fly rule that season. Wonder how many fly outs instead of sacrifice flys George Selkirk hit in 1935 that could of hurt his batting average?
    Considering the singles season record is 19, I'd say no more than 12 points of BA in 1935 for old George.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Dave - You are correct!!

Ole George "Twinkletoes" Selkirk was a pretty fine ball player!!

Who am I? #435

The Cleveland Indians scored an American league record 27 runs over the Boston Red Sox (sorry, Dave!!) and scored at least once in every inning! I gave up 16 runs on 11 hits and eight walks. I later said to heck with pitching!

Who am I?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4LouGehrig View Post
    Who am I? #435

The Cleveland Indians scored an American league record 27 runs over the Boston Red Sox (sorry, Dave!!) and scored at least once in every inning! I gave up 16 runs on 11 hits and eight walks. I later said to heck with pitching!

Who am I?
    I am Lefty O'Doul!

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I am Lefty O'Doul!
    ymike673 - You are 100% correct!!

Did any of you know that the Indians held this record? I didn't!

Who Am I #436
    This is an interesting distinction. I made my debut in my team's uniform while playing in an All Star Game!

Yeah I know that's quite a feat, I mean even with some of the stranger selections through the years, but that's the way it goes.

Oh I made it by having a not too shabby first half with one team, but, the only way I can figure right now they were loading off salary, and I managed to get traded just before the All Star Break, and never did perform with my new team until after the break. Well, aside from getting the call to get into the All Star Game itself.

Interesting footnote for a bonus Who Am I #437, one of the kids I was traded for was flipped to a new franchise that offseason, with that new team made a whole darn bunch of All Star Games and put together a pretty decent career for himself. Name him.

Crickets?

*sigh*

Jeff Shaw went from the Reds:

whom he was selected to the 1998 NL All Star Squad with to the Dodgers

And that's his first appearance in a Dodger uniform, the 1998 All Star Game.

The bonus, headed to Cincy in the trade, though a year later he'd be headed to Chicago where he'd carve out a nice multiple time All-Star, including this year's, career, Paul Konerko.

NYYF Legend

Totally missed the question sorry. But now that yo've given away 436, 437 has got to be Paul Konerko.

Which makes the list of Worst Dodger trades according to Dodger Blues. http://www.dodgerblues.com/content/features_trades.html

do'h I should have scrolled past your pictures. :headsmack:
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

#438 A rash of injuries open up a spot for me to make my MLB debut on the big stage in October post-season baseball.

Sadly I didn't make a lasting impression as I never made made it back to the bigs. To my knowledge I'm the only player in MLB history to get into a postseason game yet never play in a regular season game. Who am I?
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information