+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2812

Thread: Who am I?

NYYF Legend

Re: Who am I?

Quote Originally Posted by 4LouGehrig View Post
    After reading the various links, it appears TW said this about several pitchers but the one I'm looking for has not been named. Joe. D never faced him.

Herb Score?

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Are these all regular season at-bats for Ted or do they include All-Star and Post-Season at-bats?
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

This question is like Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy.

"Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?"

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Herb Score?
    ymike - You are CORRECT!!

http://wallofpaul.com/the-legend-of-herb-score
    “The only real game, I think, in the world is baseball.” - Babe Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    This question is like Cliff Clavin on Jeopardy.

"Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?"
    Sorry. If you come from NEOhio, it was a big deal. I didn't think it would be that difficult to get. I come from that era and I distinctly remember TW saying that. Apparently he said the same about my namesake, Bob Feller, and the previous- mentioned female soft ball pitcher.

Also, when he was hurt, Williams said it was the greatest tragedy ever in baseball.

Interesting story on Score: http://www.cleveland.com/sports/inde...aster_her.html

Another great story at the beginning of the article from the link below. I was at that doubleheader and it had to be the greatest day for PITCHING in MLB history. Fortunately my dad and I sat right behind home plate in the first row.

http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/1b133b89

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4lougehrig View Post
    yessssssss!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4LouGehrig View Post
    Another great story at the beginning of the article from the link below. I was at that doubleheader and it had to be the greatest day for PITCHING in MLB history. Fortunately my dad and I sat right behind home plate in the first row.

http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/1b133b89
    You were a lucky son to be there with your dad.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    yessssssss!
    Ted went hitless against Score after his injury. Think he was 0-for-11.

NYYF Cy Young

Out of everybody who pitched for the Yankees at some point, I am the pitcher who Jeter has the most career plate appearances against.

Hughes/Robertson '12. groovitude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Out of everybody who pitched for the Yankees at some point, I am the pitcher who Jeter has the most career plate appearances against.
    You are everybody's favorite Aruban, Sir Sidney Ponson!

You rank sixth in all-time PA against Jeter, behind Tim Wakefield, Pedro Martinez, Roy Halladay, Josh Beckett, and John Lackey -- three of which I couldn't be happier that Jeter never played with.

NYYF Cy Young

I am the only pitcher with a season with at least 40 saves and at least 10 wins.

NYYF Legend

I am the only pitcher with a season with at least 40 saves and at least 10 wins.

Is the answer Billy Koch?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck View Post
    Is the answer Billy Koch?
    Yes it is.

NYYF Legend

Believe to have been ... Who am I #425

NYYF Legend

Believe to be .... Who am I #426.

NYYF Legend

Who am I? #427

I am the quickest to ever complete a cycle in a game. Three of my hits came off a HOF'er. How many innings do you think it took me?

Funny how that cycle happened. I had spent 6+ seasons in a major league uniform and then got exiled to the minors for my weak hitting. I finally got the good news that I was to be brought back to the majors after playing in a game at Tucson on a Monday evening. I arrived in time on Tuesday to play third base for the major league club. I hit a couple of long flies in that game but went 0-for-4. I was openly concerned then whether that .317 average I had hit while with the minor league club had really been an indication that I was possibly ready for major league pitching again. I guess the next game showed some that I was -- at least for time being.

My major league days would end in a Yankees uniform not that far down the road. Oh well. I had my shot and made the best of it for awhile, and at least I can say I did something pretty special... at least for a day... in my baseball career.

Who am I?

Who am I? #427

I am the quickest to ever complete a cycle in a game. Three of my hits came off a HOF'er. How many innings do you think it took me?

Funny how that cycle happened. I had spent 6+ seasons in a major league uniform and then got exiled to the minors for my weak hitting. I finally got the good news that I was to be brought back to the majors after playing in a game at Tucson on a Monday evening. I arrived in time on Tuesday to play third base for the major league club. I hit a couple of long flies in that game but went 0-for-4. I was openly concerned then whether that .317 average I had hit while with the minor league club had really been an indication that I was possibly ready for major league pitching again. I guess the next game showed some that I was -- at least for time being.

My major league days would end in a Yankees uniform not that far down the road. Oh well. I had my shot and made the best of it for awhile, and at least I can say I did something pretty special... at least for a day... in my baseball career.

Who am I?
    You are Mike Lansing and you did it in the first 4 innings!!
    It ain't like football. You can't make up no trick plays. ~Yogi Berra
    NYYFans.com - Simply the best sports forum on the 'net. Thank you!

Who am I #428:

This former Yankee was also a dentist in his hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by foul ball View Post
    Who am I #428:

This former Yankee was also a dentist in his hometown.
    You are my old manager Casey Stengel!
    It ain't like football. You can't make up no trick plays. ~Yogi Berra
    NYYFans.com - Simply the best sports forum on the 'net. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MMantle7 View Post
    You are my old manager Casey Stengel!
    Very good!

NYYF Legend

Congrats to you MMantle7!

You helped steal my thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by MMantle7 View Post
    You are Mike Lansing and you did it in the first 4 innings!!

Aww Shoot. You're right in what you say, Mr. Mantle.

Damn Lansing, you took the Hart right out of me. I guess I had held the record for awhile being as it took me only 4.2 innings to complete the cycle. I had three hits off of HOF'er Phil Niekro to start my day-- my double coming in the second, a single in the third, and a 3-run home run with one out in the fifth inning. Then I hit a bases-clearing triple off Gatewood after two were gone in the same fifth inning. I guess you could say I played a part in knocking poor Aubrey Gatewood out of the major leagues, being this was his career ending game. (4.50 ERA in 1970) But it took me 4.2 innings to hit for the cycle with 6 RBI's coming off my bat in that big fifth inning we had where we scored 11 runs. Unlike Lansing, I batted sixth in the batting order instead of in the second spot of the lineup.

As you've correctly said ... Mike Lansing hit a triple in the first and a home run in the second inning off the memorable pitcher, Armando Reynoso. (5.27 ERA for Arizona in 2000) Then Lansing doubled off Omar Daal in the third inning. (He of the 7.22 ERA while with Arizona in 2000. Then ... with only one down in the fourth inning, Lansing completed his cycle with a single off Russ Springer. (5.08 ERA for Arizona in 2000)

Sour grapes, I guess you could kinda say that for me, but Lansing beats me out by getting it done in just 3.1 innings!

Now no one is ever gonna remember me anymore. Do you now have some idea ... who I am?

Congrats to you MMantle7!

You helped steal my thunder!

Aww Shoot. You're right in what you say, Mr. Mantle.

Damn Lansing, you took the Hart right out of me. I guess I had held the record for awhile being as it took me only 4.2 innings to complete the cycle. I had three hits off of HOF'er Phil Niekro to start my day-- my double coming in the second, a single in the third, and a 3-run home run with one out in the fifth inning. Then I hit a bases-clearing triple off Gatewood after two were gone in the same fifth inning. I guess you could say I played a part in knocking poor Aubrey Gatewood out of the major leagues, being this was his career ending game. (4.50 ERA in 1970) But it took me 4.2 innings to hit for the cycle with 6 RBI's coming off my bat in that big fifth inning we had where we scored 11 runs. Unlike Lansing, I batted sixth in the batting order instead of in the second spot of the lineup.

As you've correctly said ... Mike Lansing hit a triple in the first and a home run in the second inning off the memorable pitcher, Armando Reynoso. (5.27 ERA for Arizona in 2000) Then Lansing doubled off Omar Daal in the third inning. (He of the 7.22 ERA while with Arizona in 2000. Then ... with only one down in the fourth inning, Lansing completed his cycle with a single off Russ Springer. (5.08 ERA for Arizona in 2000)

Sour grapes, I guess you could kinda say that for me, but Lansing beats me out by getting it done in just 3.1 innings!

Now no one is ever gonna remember me anymore. Do you now have some idea ... who I am?
    You are Jim Ray Hart of the SF Giants!

NYYF Legend

Jim Ray Hart became the Yankees first full time DH after he was aquired from the Giants early in the 1973 season.

Thread Information