+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Who am I?

NYYF Legend

Re: Who am I?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Vinny Castilla??
    Alright Im definitely wrong....do you have any more hints?

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Alright Im definitely wrong....do you have any more hints?

Damn Yankee fan! Hell yes you're right. I couldn't tell you because I was cooking my baby some scrambled eggs seasoned with a little garlic and some cinnamon toast on the side. Nice combo.

How did you guess? What gave it away? What were his "firsts" I was talking about?
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 03-15-10 at 11:00 PM.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Legend

Vinny Castilla??
    You share something in common with a Red Sox fan, Boss! You have the same birthday date in September as one of my sons. Small world.
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 03-15-10 at 11:01 PM.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    You share something in common with a Red Sox fan, Boss! You have the same birthday date in September as one of my sons. Small world.
    Wow I cant believe I was correct!

I went on BASEBALLREFERENCE.COM and went to work

9/24 must be a special b-day to you and me I guess(the yanks lost this year on my b-day to the blue jays - wright pitched)

Firsts - did he drive in the first run in NATIONALS history (in DC)?

NYYF Legend

Wow I cant believe I was correct!

I went on BASEBALLREFERENCE.COM and went to work

9/24 must be a special b-day to you and me I guess(the yanks lost this year on my b-day to the blue jays - wright pitched)

Firsts - did he drive in the first run in NATIONALS history (in DC)?
    That does make Sept 24th special for me.

About Vinnie. That's not the big first I had in mind for the date. He accomplished many other firsts for the Nationals at their home field ... and yours is one of them. He had the first rbi there. He had the first double there. He also had the first triple there. He went 3 for 3 and was just a single short for hitting for the cycle. So what's left?

The other first is a big one. Pride involved. I would be proud too if I were him.
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 03-15-10 at 11:03 PM.

NYYF Legend

That does make Sept 24th special for me.

About Vinnie. That's not the big first I had in mind for the date. He accomplished many other firsts for the Nationals at their home field ... and yours is one of them. He had the first rbi there. He had the first double there. He also had the first triple there. He went 3 for 3 and was just a single short for hitting for the cycle. So what's left?

The other first is a big one. Pride involved. I would be too if I were him.
    By default I would have to guess he hit the first Homer there!?!

NYYF Legend

I love these Dave...let's get some more going, but unlike yesterday's let's make a rule that they have to be MLB players and not other leagues -

NYYF Legend

I love these Dave...let's get some more going, but unlike yesterday's let's make a rule that they have to be MLB players and not other leagues -
    I can live with that ... ... mostly. But I really think ... if it involves Cooperstown though and someone is recognized for their play or for another baseball contribution where it would count worthy enough so they were enshrined as a Hall of Fame member ... I believe these baseballs people should count. I'll keep minor league stuff out unless it could help with a clue.

Just take a look back at the second question I wrote and that should answer if someone should be counted the same way as the big leagues for their play and/or contributions in past certain times ... but the skills of some just wasn't open to some back then, unfortunately.

NYYF Legend

I can live with that ... ... mostly. But I really think ... if it involves Cooperstown though and someone is recognized for their play or for another baseball contribution where it would count worthy enough so they were enshrined as a Hall of Fame member ... I believe these baseballs people should count. I'll keep minor league stuff out unless it could help with a clue.

Just take a look back at the second question I wrote and that should answer if someone should be counted the same way as the big leagues for their play and/or contributions in past certain times ... but the skills of some just wasn't open to some back then, unfortunately.
    Oh dont get me wrong Dave, I in no way shape or form was discounting achievements of those who played major roles in leagues other than the MLB. I just wanted my search for the player you are hinting about to be just a little bit easier.

NYYF Legend

Great. I want some to be hard though.

NYYF Legend

I hope everyone here feels free to post one too. Just number it so we can keep track.

Released Outright

Okay. So I'll give this a try.

From the time major league baseball was born in 1876 not a single individual of the roughly 10,000 who played during the first 98 seasons was able to get thrown out trying to steal twice in one inning until I finally broke the barrier in the 99th year. On June 15, 1974, I became the first MLB player ever to be caught stealing twice in the same inning. Although my double trespass has been repeated since by four National Leaguers, I remain unmatched in the American League. Who am I?

NYYF Legend

Who am I #4:

I have played for 4 MLB franchises over my 9 yr career(so far).
    My career high in HR's is 6, which is ok for a utility infielder.
    I scored the go ahead run on a controversial play in a playoff game a few years back.

I have played for 2 NL teams and 2 AL teams but I fear if I tell you who I played for I'd give it away

Who am I????

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    Okay. So I'll give this a try.

From the time major league baseball was born in 1876 not a single individual of the roughly 10,000 who played during the first 98 seasons was able to get thrown out trying to steal twice in one inning until I finally broke the barrier in the 99th year. On June 15, 1974, I became the first MLB player ever to be caught stealing twice in the same inning. Although my double trespass has been repeated since by four National Leaguers, I remain unmatched in the American League. Who am I?
    Of course the answer to this questions would be Don Baylor of the 1974 Baltimore Orioles..

Now answer my Trivia question above this post

Who am I #4:

I scored the go ahead run on a controversial play in a playoff game a few years back.

I have played for 2 NL teams and 2 AL teams but I fear if I tell you who I played for I'd give it away

Who am I????
    Not fair calling him a utility infielder. Joe Torre thought of him as a regular and he has four rings.

The player is Enrique Wilson.
    Pardon, for us.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Who am I #4:

Who am I????
    Enrique Wilson.
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Not fair calling him a utility infielder. Joe Torre thought of him as a regular and he has four rings.

The player is Enrique Wilson.
    That answer is correct, however Enrique certainly does not have 4 rings, and he definitely wasnt an everyday player

That answer is correct, however Enrique certainly does not have 4 rings, and he definitely wasnt an everyday player

Noooo... Joey has the four rings.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Noooo... Joey has the four rings.
    Gotcha

JDPNYY got any trivia questions? or anyone else?

Gotcha

JDPNYY got any trivia questions? or anyone else?
    I don't know any questions. I only know the answers.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

Another Who am I? #6

I played for Brooklyn. I am a right-handed starting pitcher that played in the big's for awhile ... sort of a short stay though. I was called on to pitch the second game of a double header against the last place Cardinals who were 24 games back behind the Cubs after we beat them in game one. Before I could really get going, the damn manager pulled me for a relief pitcher.

It started out this way. I was sort of nervous about this chance for a start but made it out to the mound. On the very first official pitch I make, someone got a hit. Another batter singled then there was a triple from another guy. I looked over at the dugout and the manager, Will Robinson, had his foot up on the step and looked miffed. I might of been shaking a little because of nerves. I made another pitch and there went another hit. Another batter comes up and I fall behind quick and took another quick look over to the dugout. He was in there staring hard at me still. I then brought my attention back in the direction of the catcher looking in for a sign ... but I couldn't see straight. I waited for my eyes to clear ... for awhile I guess, and the next thing I know, the manager is standing there with his hand out and asking for the ball and he has another guy coming in to take over.

This had been my chance, after 21 years of life ... it had been my chance. I walked straight over to the dugout and past the other guys on the team ... walking past and back into the clubhouse. No one stopped me. I took a shower and dressed, and then I left the ballpark. I went directly to a recruiting station where I enlisted in the Navy - because there was a war on. I never pitched in the majors again. I finished with the Navy then lived and later died in Brooklyn New York.

Who am I?
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 03-15-10 at 11:04 PM.

Released Outright

Another Who am I? #6
    Harry Heitmann?

NYYF Legend

Harry Heitmann?
    Smart @@s!

Released Outright

Smart @@s!
    Actually, I wasn't sure. I thought that Hapless Harry was already in the Navy and stationed in Brooklyn when he played. I think it was mentioned in Ken Burns' Baseball but I am not sure. If I have time, I may look a little further into it. Fascinating story anyway.

NYYF Legend

Actually, I wasn't sure. I thought that Hapless Harry was already in the Navy and stationed in Brooklyn when he played. I think it was mentioned in Ken Burns' Baseball but I am not sure. If I have time, I may look a little further into it. Fascinating story anyway.

All right smarty ... if you think you are good ... come take a look at my next one - I really think you should!

Thread Information