+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Don't be shocked if...(Baldelli Rumor)

For what its worth I had the chance to talk to a friend of a friend in Duneden Fla. last week that when asked who he thought would be the Yankee CF said ROCCO.First off this guy although is nice enough but hates the Yanks, works for another team in the AL east in the player development department (As much as I can say).He said that when things are settled in Tampa teams feel that Baldelli will be the odd man out for the right price.The Rays have Crawford,Gaithright,Gomez and get this want to move Cantu to a corner spot.With that said I guess Rocco has been working out and if he proves to be sound will fetch some talent in return.I forgot but was reminded it wasn't just his elbow but his leg that went under the knife last year so I guess he has to show himself.Well I guess it's lot of what if's but after hearing what he had to say I won't be shocked if his name surfaces.I said what about Hunter and he said he will cost alot in trade and cash and doesn't have a good clubhouse rep. and Pierre in many opinions isn't a NY type guy.I also didn't realize how many times he was thrown out.I guess he also gets down big time when he slumps and I guess thats not a good thing in the NY spotlite.

Released Outright

Re: Don't be shocked if...(Baldelli Rumor)

I'd be shocked.

Wow. Hopefully with new management in Tampa Bay the Yankees will be able to fleece them.

Released Outright rightfielder21's Avatar
    Pequannock, New Jersey (Birthplace of Derek Jeter)

It all depends on what they have to give up...

NYYF Legend

Sorry ,I forgot to add that He feels that if Boston doesn't sign Damon which i guess isn't a lock,also would love to go for Baldelli who is I guss a New England guy.

NYYF Legend

Um, can I have Crawford instead of Baldelli? Please?
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

Baldelli is not a type flight player. He's an overrated defensive outfielder. Any top prospects given up by the New York Yankees and this deal is a huge mistake.

NYYF Legend

This guy isn't to high on the Yanks farm system but didn't mention names.By the way he doesn't work for the Rays.

NYYF Legend

I to would love Crawford but I think thats a pipe dream.He would be #1 on my list.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
    Baldelli is not a type flight player. He's an overrated defensive outfielder. Any top prospects given up by the New York Yankees and this deal is a huge mistake.

Please don't let the Yankees give up anything of value if this goes down.

My day just took a turn for the worse after reading this thread. I'm praying this never happens.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

He had surgeries on his knee and elbow, hasn't seen live pitching in over a year, strikes out a lot and has a career OBP lower than Tino's 2005 numbers.

I think he could still be a nice little outfielder but we shouldn't give up a lot on such a risky player.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Legend

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com...uenum=&id=7025

"The Rays' planned Saturday meeting with Rocco Baldelli to discuss a five- or six-year deal was delayed until at least the end of the week.
    Apparently, the Rays want to concentrate on their managerial and front office openings for now."

I was under the impression the DRays wanted to lock him up long term.

He has had two major operations this past year.
    "Rocco Baldelli and Devil Rays director of baseball development Andrew Friedman will meet Saturday to begin preliminary discussions on a long-term deal.
    He's eligible for arbitration for the first time. Baldelli said he is completely recovered from the left knee injury that kept him out the first three months of this past season. He also said he continues to rehabilitate the right elbow injury that kept him out the rest of the season, and he expects to be fully recovered in time for spring training."

This is buyer beware IMO

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    He had surgeries on his knee and elbow, hasn't seen live pitching in over a year, strikes out a lot and has a career OBP lower than Tino's 2005 numbers.

I think he could still be a nice little outfielder but we shouldn't give up a lot on such a risky player.

Well, Tampa Bay has a long history of easy, value for value trades. The management is well known for such professional dealings.

Released Outright

When Baldelli does return, the TB OF will be crowded. Crawford, Gomes are keepers. Huff is your part time DH, so you are left with Baldelli, Gathright, and your 30+yr old rookie, Hollins. My guess is Hollins would be the most expendable. Gathright has speed but NO plate discipline.

With Lee and Gonzalez filing for FA, my guess is that they would want an IF-Andy Phillips?

Addicted Member

Yeah Baldelli is from Warwick, RI. I could see him going with the Sox.

Funny thing to, my friends father know Konerkos grandparents, I was going to see if we could score some tickets if it came to WS/Yanks.

Yanked Out Of The Womb nyctalopia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nydeano
    When Baldelli does return, the TB OF will be crowded. Crawford, Gomes are keepers. Huff is your part time DH, so you are left with Baldelli, Gathright, and your 30+yr old rookie, Hollins. My guess is Hollins would be the most expendable. Gathright has speed but NO plate discipline.

With Lee and Gonzalez filing for FA, my guess is that they would want an IF-Andy Phillips?
    I would do a Baldelli-Phillips straight-up trade in an instant. Never gonna happen though. Even the Rays aren't THAT desperate.

Warwick is Southern RI and is split between Yankees and Red Sox fans. Old time Italians tended to be Yankee fans as Joe D. brought respect! I don't know where the Baldellis would fit in this picture....

NYYF Legend

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

If they do this, they better not give up a pitcher. In fact, the only way I'd take Baldelli is if they put him on the waiver wire and we picked him up. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by nydeano
    They probably have players in their minor league teams that are better then Phillips.

Btw, do you think Delmon Young will be called up before September?

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

We could replicate Baldelli's numbers with a minor leaguer
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

NYYF Legend

Listen don't loose sleep over this .It's a rumor and speculation.It comes from a credible sourse but the Yanks are only 1 of many with intrest.I just put it out to show there is some intrest.If you loose sleep over evry rumor in the Hot Stove you'll never make it till spring.

NYYF MVP

Rocco is only 24. If he comes cheap, it might be worth a flier.
    It was then I knew I'd had enough,
    Burned my credit card for fuel
    Headed out to where the pavement turns to sand

Baldelli doesn't excite me right now. Plus, I don't think the Yankees have any talent that Rays would want (on the minor league level). I would be ABSOLUTELY against us giving up any of our top prospects for Baldelli (No Hughes, no Duncan, no Henn). There are too many health question marks with Baldelli.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan
    Listen don't loose sleep over this .It's a rumor and speculation.It comes from a credible sourse but the Yanks are only 1 of many with intrest.I just put it out to show there is some intrest.If you loose sleep over evry rumor in the Hot Stove you'll never make it till spring.
    Wait, aren't you the same guy who knew someone (uncle maybe) in the ground crew at Yankee Stadium and had some "creative plan" for getting the game in despite the rain?

Thread Information