+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Don't be shocked if...(Baldelli Rumor)

GDN i guess thats a joke but no not me.No clue ?? I do know guys that work at the stadium but not on the ground crew?

NYYF Legend

He's a young player with a lot of potential who has also been injured. If there's a trade to be had for a mediocre minor leaguer, I'd do it. But that's all.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan
    GDN i guess thats a joke but no not me.No clue ?? I do know guys that work at the stadium but not on the ground crew?
    I thought it was you ... I was mistaken. Nevermind, carry on.

With the number of CF prospects this team has (Cabrera, Gardner, Jackson, Battle, Tabata), spending any quality prospects for what would be viewed as a long-term solution in CF would be unwise. Acquiring a short-term solution until the position could be filled in-house would be more reasonable.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Please just say no to the Tampa OFs. They're all overrated and don't deserve the Yankees attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

NYYF Legend

Rocco and the Yanks....a perfect fit!! I have been saying for the last two years, before he was hurt that I thought he would look good in pinstripes. However, everything will depend on how well he bounces back from his injuries and what Tampa would want in return for him. I hope this does happen, however, because he is young and loaded with talent.

NYYF Legend

Maybe they'll take Tony Wo.
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

Rocco Baldelli was mediocre before his body fell apart. Now, I can't imagine what he'll be like.

NYYF MVP

I used to like Baldelli, but 2 surgeries in one season? Forget that. I predict he will have an injury riddled '06 and '07.

I wish Crawford were available... Now, he would be worth the cost.
    I LOVE New York!!!
    VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

NYYF Legend

Crawford is better than the others, but probably the most overrated of the bunch.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

I think Carl is underrated if anything.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan
    I think Carl is underrated if anything.
    Please explain.

You know, you guys really crack me up. You don't want someone who already has some significant ML experience, making him too old. You don't want to spend a whole lot of money. You don't want to give up any prospects. None of the kids are ready. What is wrong with taking a reasonable chance with a guy who can run (albeit, the knee is a question until he proves that is all healed), has decent power, is young, won't be too expensive and has a terrific arm? You can't have your cake and eat it too. This guy will bat 8th or 9th, is certainly much better than anyone else we have to play CF next year, has a bit of pop. Joe D. is not going to come walking in the clubhouse door!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve
    You know, you guys really crack me up. You don't want someone who already has some significant ML experience, making him too old. You don't want to spend a whole lot of money. You don't want to give up any prospects. None of the kids are ready. What is wrong with taking a reasonable chance with a guy who can run (albeit, the knee is a question until he proves that is all healed), has decent power, is young, won't be too expensive and has a terrific arm? You can't have your cake and eat it too. This guy will bat 8th or 9th, is certainly much better than anyone else we have to play CF next year, has a bit of pop. Joe D. is not going to come walking in the clubhouse door!
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

No matter who the Yankees get for centerfield this year they won't be good enough or we gave up too many prospects or he's too old, etc.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Martini6196

No matter who the Yankees get for centerfield this year they won't be good enough or we gave up too many prospects or he's too old, etc.
    And why is that? Because there's nobody really worth getting ('cept for Giles and we won't get him). Simple.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Martini6196

You're missing the point.

Baldelli sucks.

The people who are arguing against him in this thread aren't doing so simply to be difficult.

Baldelli wasn't good before his injuries, and now he's had major knee surgery and major throwing arm surgery.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    And why is that? Because there's nobody really worth getting ('cept for Giles and we won't get him). Simple.
    We could try that 5 infielder/2 outfielder alignment all year.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve
    I agree with your sentiment, but I think we have better options. And FWIW, we won't know about his knee until it is too late, and if he cannot play the field, we are in no better a position except we are paying him and have traded away a chip..
    Giles and Damon are free agents and will only cost money. Wise or not, their signings would not cost us a single player that can be a trading chip. The Rays are in our division and are not going to help us with Baldelli, injury aside, unless we give them big time. You can argue his knees all you want, they'll argue young, fast, talented and good hitter. They'll hold out for more than I'd give them. We can get his production, if not moreso, without giving up a warm body. It is also why I am against Torii Hunter unless he comes way cheap. Damon and Giles are $$$ only and we go through that like candy.
    Teams and players know we are desperate for a CFer and I'd rather overpay in greenbacks than prospects..

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch

Baldelli sucks.

The people who are arguing against him in this thread aren't doing so simply to be difficult.

Baldelli wasn't good before his injuries, and now he's had major knee surgery and major throwing arm surgery.
    Before the injuries, Baldelli and Crawford were being touted as the building blocks around which the Devil Ray team would be built. In fact, many considered Baldelli the better player with Crawford just a punch and Judy hitter who struck out too much, couldn't hit lefties and had no plate discipline. Baldelli had better power, was a better fielder with a better arm, was just as fast, if not faster... a potential 5 tool player. Ah, how quickly they forget!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Yep, that would be fun! Or how about a 4 outfielder, three infielder alignment?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    When Wang pitches sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    Yep, that would be fun! Or how about a 4 outfielder, three infielder alignment?

There is a lot of room to cover out there....
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch

Baldelli sucks.

Baldelli does not suck. His first two seasons in the Majors were actually pretty decent.

I'm not saying I want Baldelli. I am just saying that no matter who the Yanks sign to play center no one is going to be happy.

NYYF Legend

Exactly. That's why we have only three infielders. Cano can move to shallow center.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76
    I agree with your sentiment, but I think we have better options. And FWIW, we won't know about his knee until it is too late, and if he cannot play the field, we are in no better a position except we are paying him and have traded away a chip..
    Giles and Damon are free agents and will only cost money. Wise or not, their signings would not cost us a single player that can be a trading chip. The Rays are in our division and are not going to help us with Baldelli, injury aside, unless we give them big time. You can argue his knees all you want, they'll argue young, fast, talented and good hitter. They'll hold out for more than I'd give them. We can get his production, if not moreso, without giving up a warm body. It is also why I am against Torii Hunter unless he comes way cheap. Damon and Giles are $$$ only and we go through that like candy.
    Teams and players know we are desperate for a CFer and I'd rather overpay in greenbacks than prospects..
    Cashman is going to try to reduce salary, not increase it. Giles and Damon are going to be expensive and are firmly on the other side of 30. We keep hearing we don't need offense - just good D in CF. Damon has no arm. Giles is more of a corner outfielder. I agree, I would not trade Cano for Hunter straight up - and even if you did, Hunter is going to cost salary, where Cano would not - at least for awhile.

Thread Information