Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Devastated, Disappointed, Mad...

ARod killed us in this series...So did Matsui...So did Johnson in game 3...So did the defense and general lack of hitting in the clutch. Though Johnson's inability to step up and deliver in game 3 was probably the pivotal point in this series, to me the biggest disappointment in this series was ARod's anemic bat. For the second year in a row, ARod failed to step up and lead this team's offense.

Devastated but....

I'm not in denial. We had our chances fair and square. But at the same time, did it not feel like this was a big time game of bloops, squibs, and flukes for the LAAoA? Add in Joe West and I just feel like it wasn't meant to be. A heartbreaker to be sure, but I am certainly not conivinced we were outplayed by the Angels. Thoughts?
    Mystique and Aura: Appearing Nightly.

Re: Devastated but....

yeah, it felt like from the beginning when Cano was caught stealing that something was wrong. Once that collission happened i just knew it was going to be a tough night.

We were the better team. We gave them the series.

yo amo el bronx

there were simply outplayed just enough to lose.

its not like 1 guy booted a ball away in a key spot and the series turned.

the meat of the yanks order didn't show up and the rest of the team didn't pick up the slack (with the exception of Jeter).

Much of the bullpen underpreformed (with the exception of Mo).

And of course if RJ pitched on Friday the way he did on Monday, we coulda won it in four.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by BalboniReturns
    I'm not in denial. We had our chances fair and square. But at the same time, did it not feel like this was a big time game of bloops, squibs, and flukes for the LAAoA? Add in Joe West and I just feel like it wasn't meant to be. A heartbreaker to be sure, but I am certainly not conivinced we were outplayed by the Angels. Thoughts?

I agree, take away the bad calls, bloop hits and the bubba/sheff crash and we're right there.
    Moose didn't pitch that poorly, just had terrible luck. RJ came up big and we had hard hit balls right at people. It happens, but to say we folded or didn't play hard doesn't reflect what went on on the field

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LloydBanks
    Exactly. They got lucky in todays game. They got lucky. We got unlucky. They had a ton of bloopers that fell in. We had a ton of hard hit balls that went at their guys. The better team doesn't always win.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

I still hate the 5 game series. Not saying we win this one in 7, but a couple bad games and you're done.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

I haven't seen Mystique and Aura since 2000. With AFRAUD patrolling 3rd it's more like Misery and Horror.

NYYF MVP

Playoff baseball is all about taking advantage of other team's errors or weaknesses.

The Angles took advanage of the Yanks misplays in the field all series long.

The Angles did not make many misplays HOWEVER they had a huge weakness when Colon went out and Santana came in. Instead of taking advantage of that and knocking Santana out of the game they let the kid and the Angles off the hook.

When teams are soo close (same record this year for the 2 teams) you need to take advantage of every little thing.

The Yanks did not do this and they lost.
    Statistics are a lot like bikinis, they show a lot, but not everything
    "God help the rest of baseball." - GM Brian Cashman

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    I still hate the 5 game series. Not saying we win this one in 7, but a couple bad games and you're done.
    No doubt. 5 game series allow for lesser teams to take advatage of breaks and momentum too easily.

yo amo el bronx

Quote Originally Posted by Walewander
    I haven't seen Mystique and Aura since 2000. With AFRAUD patrolling 3rd it's more like Misery and Horror.
    That's real cute. rolls eyes.

Re: So many disappointments...

ARods error in game 2 was the pivotal point in this series. Completely turned
    the momentum around and set the tone for the rest of the series.

Regroup - Reload - Revenge! 23and2's Avatar

The kicker for me is that with 3 100+ RBI guys on the team (A-Rod, Sheff and Matsui), we just needed ONE of them to get hot. That alone would have been enough to win this series. Considering they bat Back-to-Back-to-Back, and were collectively shutdown, I'm amazed.
    [U]Thanks, Frank [/U]
    "We'll try to take that extra million-one and spend it wisely in the free-agent market," - Brian Cashman after trading away Womack - 12/08/05

It hurts alot. After the final out I busted a wall Kevin Brown style so maybe thats why it hurts so much. We sure did have out chances, but it seemed everything this game went the Angels way, the bloops, the close calls the warning track balls that looked like homers off the bat. I really thought this team was special, with Small and Chacon and guys like that contributing to push us into the postseason. It hurts more when those guys wont be able to get that ring. Oh well, thats life. Atleast basketball and hockey season are here, that can distract me from baseball for a while I guess.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I hate the Angels. The Yankees just can't seem to beat the Angels. I'm rooting for the White Sox.
    2020 - When will the show go on?

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Cy Young

When the ump looked over at the Angels' dugout and yelled, "Joe West, young man!" I knew we were in for a long night!
    Yankee Logo

I just feel that Moose pitched just fine. One mistake to Anderson and almost everything else was hit softly. I'm drunk now, but I think the Angels got really lucky tonight.
    Mystique and Aura: Appearing Nightly.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    I agree, take away the bad calls, bloop hits and the bubba/sheff crash and we're right there.
    Moose didn't pitch that poorly, just had terrible luck. RJ came up big and we had hard hit balls right at people. It happens, but to say we folded or didn't play hard doesn't reflect what went on on the field
    I agree. We fought hard tonight, the same way that we did all season long. I am disappointed but proud of these guys.

This team has many holes, but they can be filled. With Unit, Pavano, Moose, Chacon, Wang and Small, we have six pretty decent starters. We need a center fielder and perhaps a right fielder if Sheff becomes the full time DH. Giambi is back and Cano is the future. We need some help in the pen for sure and otherwise I think that we will be playing in October in 2006.

Thank you Joe and the rest of the team for an exciting season. Anything less then #27 is a failure, but the way that the team hung in there all season, with one blow after another to the rotation, was remarkable.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Kudo
    It hurts alot. After the final out I busted a wall Kevin Brown style so maybe thats why it hurts so much. We sure did have out chances, but it seemed everything this game went the Angels way, the bloops, the close calls the warning track balls that looked like homers off the bat. I really thought this team was special, with Small and Chacon and guys like that contributing to push us into the postseason. It hurts more when those guys wont be able to get that ring. Oh well, thats life. Atleast basketball and hockey season are here, that can distract me from baseball for a while I guess.
    This team is not special.

For me when you think of a special team you look to the 1998-2000 World Champion Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by 26xwc
    Except for the fact that the Yanks had the lead after this infamous error. Don't let the facts get in the way of sensationalizing.
    18-1

Quote Originally Posted by LloydBanks
    The Angels had much deeper pitching and were a more balanced team. We had the better offense, but that did not seem to matter much.

I don't know why some people just can't accept that maybe the Angels were just as good, if not the better team?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 26xwc
    Quote Originally Posted by EdRuane
    Except for the fact that the Yanks had the lead after this infamous error. Don't let the facts get in the way of sensationalizing.
    The yanks may of had the lead after the error but the error led to the tying run.

I agree that error coupled with the play Figgins made on Matsui in game 2 to prevent the Yanks from going up 3-0 in the game was the pivotal point in the series.

This team is CURSED.

Cursed with an owner who spends tens of millions of dollars on over-the-hill players past their prime. Cursed with a GM who trades young talent for relief pitchers who can't throw strikes. Cursed with a manager whose lack of fire inspires no intensity in his players. Cursed with players who are so un-clutch when it really counts that they are truly worthless, regardless of their multi-million dollar contracts.

It's time to reverse the curse.

NYYF Legend

Re: This team is CURSED.

Is this like the DOOOMED threads?

CURRRRRRRSED!
    Crush it with your mind vice.

Thread Information