+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 278 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 274 275 276 277 278 LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 6949

Re: The Baltimore Orioles Thread (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    By the way, it's worth pointing out that although there are at least half a dozen Red Sox fans who can be relied upon to contribute (for better or worse) to the Red Sox thread, this forum is completely devoid of Baltimore fans.
    They're a joke, they'd rather complain about how no one believes in them.

Why would someone want to post on a board when they or their team are just going to be mocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Why would someone want to post on a board when they or their team are just going to be mocked?
    We have a handful of guys in the Red Sox thread who've found a way to pull this off and earn some respect. You'd have to ask them why they choose to do it, but they've done it.

What I'm saying is, we don't even get Orioles trolls here. It's odd. Wouldn't you welcome the diversion of some troll coming in here and getting his ass handed to him? I would.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

We have a handful of guys in the Red Sox thread who've found a way to pull this off and earn some respect. You'd have to ask them why they choose to do it, but they've done it.

What I'm saying is, we don't even get Orioles trolls here. It's odd. Wouldn't you welcome the diversion of some troll coming in here and getting his ass handed to him? I would.
    I'd say there's more to the relationship between Yankees and Red Sox fans than the fact that they play in the same division. There's a huge historical component to the rivalry, not to mention the whole "kid sister" relationship that Boston has with NYC. Bostonians and New Yorkers generally don't like each other. In fact, Bostonians don't seem to like ANYbody.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I wonder how many Yankee fans would show up at Camden Yards.
    It'd be interesting to see if half the crowd is wearing blue as it appears during the regular season. If I could afford it, I'd be there.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

The Orioles play the Rangers on Friday, in Texas.

Would it be at all ironic if the O's lost the game in extra innings?
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post

and, by one run!!

This isn't a shot at you or anyone else for that matter but, no. Maybe a few years ago, I'd get a laugh out of that kind of thing but seeing complete strangers get gang mocked by other complete strangers isn't something that amuses me anymore. Trolling is sad & pathetic, especially by grown men, & I think everyone ganging up on one is pointless because a troll is only there to get a rise out of people. It's much better just to report him/her & carry on with the conversation at hand.

That's just my opinion.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

we did, but bobby jr got banned. And when it was lifted, he never came back. I really missed him this season....

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    we did, but bobby jr got banned. And when it was lifted, he never came back. I really missed him this season....
    I actually thought that bobby jr was like a borderline troll. More about some neurotic posting style, and always hoping upon the impossible (like free agency having destroyed the Birds' chances of building a great system). I guess he's never heard of Cal, who spent his entire career there.

I guess that the forumers on Baltimore Sun or ESPN.com must be "enjoying" bobby's wonderful posting style (however mysterious).
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

The reason we've had a barrage of RS fans here over the past 6 or so years, is that many of them weren't able to get onto SoSH, since the gates were sealed shut a long time ago. Therefore, the most homerific ones out there were left competing for some mysterious title of who can be the biggest DB on a Yankee website, all while doing all this primarily in front of Yankee fans.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post

Only if bobby jr and Jeffrey Maier fight for the HR ball!!!

This isn't a shot at you or anyone else for that matter but, no. Maybe a few years ago, I'd get a laugh out of that kind of thing but seeing complete strangers get gang mocked by other complete strangers isn't something that amuses me anymore. Trolling is sad & pathetic, especially by grown men, & I think everyone ganging up on one is pointless because a troll is only there to get a rise out of people. It's much better just to report him/her & carry on with the conversation at hand.

That's just my opinion.
    Doooooooooooooood ... around here, trolls don't get gang mocked. I put on my steel-toed shoes, have 'em stoop over a li'l bit, then plant a swift one up the middle of their seed.

#magic

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    #magic
    #midnight #pumpkin
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

The Yankees would smoke the Orioles in an ALDS matchup. I believe this with my whole being.
    I hope your whole being really knows something, because the Os worry me. There's no logical reason they should have sniffed the post season, but here they are in the ALDS. IMO a CC win in game 1 is very important, if not crucial.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

I'm a little worried about Bobby Jr., he hasn't been seen for over a year! This should be his time to shine.

Maybe he gave up in 2011 and became a Phillies fan, Doh!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I'm a little worried about Bobby Jr., he hasn't been seen for over a year! This should be his time to shine.

Maybe he gave up in 2011 and became a Phillies fan, Doh!
    Have no fear. Booby Jr. is alive and well. He just reared his little head on a board called Orioles Hangout with a salary cap thread. He's posting under the name "Maverick Hiker" an alias he used when he was posting on the old Sun newspaper SunSpot Orioles chat board.

Here's his thread; vintage Booby:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...s-a-Salary-Cap
    Last edited by LongtimeNYYFan; 10-07-12 at 09:43 AM.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Congrats to the Orioles for surprising everyone by getting this far.....now lose
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeNYYFan View Post
    Have no fear. Booby Jr. is alive and well. He just reared his little head on a board called Orioles Hangout with a salary cap thread. He's posting under the name "Maverick Hiker" an alias he used when he was posting on the old Sun newspaper SunSpot Orioles chat board.

Here's his thread; vintage Booby:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...s-a-Salary-Cap
    You keep track of where he posts & under what handle?

NYYF Legend

With the way they've been winning 1 run and extra inning games all season, I was expecting the worst. I guess for one night, the Law of Averages caught up with them. I still won't be surprised if this series goes to 5 - seen too many things go their way too many times.

Addicted Member

You keep track of where he posts & under what handle?
    It's a long story. He was posting regularly on SunSpot and quietly created several different aliases so he bolster a "Bobby Jr" idea with a supportive response from say "Maverick Hiker" or another handle that he created. Unfortunately, he tripped himself up and forgot who he was posting as and got called on it. Naturally, he denied it but it was legendary stuff that was pretty funny.

I hadn't seen him post anywhere in a long time so the other day when I was reading OH his "Maverick Hiker" user name and the salary cap thread jumped out at me. I don't make a habit of "tracking" anybody.

#midnight #pumpkin
    This has always bothered me.

Cinderella does marry the prince in the end and get it all.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeNYYFan View Post
    It's a long story. He was posting regularly on SunSpot and quietly created several different aliases so he bolster a "Bobby Jr" idea with a supportive response from say "Maverick Hiker" or another handle that he created. Unfortunately, he tripped himself up and forgot who he was posting as and got called on it. Naturally, he denied it but it was legendary stuff that was pretty funny.

I hadn't seen him post anywhere in a long time so the other day when I was reading OH his "Maverick Hiker" user name and the salary cap thread jumped out at me. I don't make a habit of "tracking" anybody.
    That's a little scary - going to that length to try to make it appear he had support. I just want to know if anyone has ever seen him in a room with Angelos at the same time.

Gotta give credit to Gonzalez last night- he was awesome. Seemed like every pitch was on the black and he had the Yanks guessing

That pitch location screen they used on the telecast was great- showed every pitch in the AB. Like to see that on every telecast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Thread Information