+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 278 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 6949

Re: The Baltimore Orioles Thread (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post

Felix' equal Joe Saunders is dealing as well.
    One of the GameDay tweets:

In last 7 starts at Safeco, Saunders is 6-0 with a 0.94 ERA, including tonight.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Mariners, 0 for their last 18 with RISP, have bases loaded with 2 out in the bottom of the 10th.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Mariners, 0 for their last 18 with RISP, have bases loaded with 2 out in the bottom of the 10th.
    Craptacular

NYYF Legend

And on to the 11th.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Did anyone NOT see that home run coming? I'm just surprised it didn't come on the 3-1 pitch.

This one's over, good night all.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

15th consecutive extra inning win.....

really?

The Mariners are beyond terrible. And I've never seen anything like Baltimore's 15 extra inning game win streak before. I think ESPN said it last happened in the 40's or earlier.

Even if they lose just a couple of those games, they're 3 or 4 games back. Crazy.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

I love how that game ended. DP, walk, CS.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

How the heck do they have the same record as us with a -100 run differential?
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

The question I have is can they continue to win on a regular basis for the next two weeks or will they hit a losing streak?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Craptacular

Told someone in work "Wonder how the O's will fare against King F tonight" and we both agreed "aw hell, they won" (game probably wasn't even half over yet.)
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

NYYF Cy Young

Team is simply mind boggling, wtf.

It's comical at this point. I'm enjoying the race.
    Team Northern Lights

What a shock, the Mariners are useless, scoring 3 runs in their last 29 innings at home against that wonderful Orioles staff. I hope "King" Felix demands a trade during the upcoming offseason as he's too good to stay and rot there. Screw the Mariners as they beat us a couple times this year as Hernandez almost always domintaes us and he knocked out A-Rod as well. I only hope Ichiro wins World Series MVP this year and Pineda is a Cy Young contender in 2013. And Noesi continues to embarass himself and Montero doesn't live up to the expectations

wrong thread fml
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Team is simply mind boggling, wtf.
    If they weren't running in a dead heat for the AL East, it'd be downright hysterical. Even though the game went into extra innings AGAIN, I didn't even have to check the score this morning. I knew they pulled another rabbit out of the hat, it was just a matter of finding out how they did it AGAIN. Usually when the media starts hyping some sort of streak, it comes to a screeching halt.

It's really tough living in Birdland right now.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Legend

The Os seem to be doing this with smoke and mirrors, but they are doing it. Next year they will come back to earth, but they are having one of those seasons you can't really explain. I guess there are still some people who think reality will bite them in the butt this season, but I'm not one of them.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Next year they will come back to earth, but they are having one of those seasons you can't really explain.
    I explain it as Buck Showalter-before-his-team-commits-mutiny phenomenon. See Yankees 1994, Diamondbacks 1999, Rangers 2005.

NYYF Legend

I explain it as Buck Showalter-before-his-team-commits-mutiny phenomenon. See Yankees 1994, Diamondbacks 1999, Rangers 2005.
    I like it. Makes more sense than the "Groundhog Day" stuff we're seeing this year.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Legend

Agree about Buck, but i don't recall those teams simply not losing 1 run or extra inning games. What these Os are doing is incredulous.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

If somehow the Yanks get the O's in the ALDS or ALCS, it would be their easiest opponent in the playoffs since the Ranger teams they used to beat up on in the 90's. Just one of those seasons where they get ultra-lucky.

Is this an improved O's team over prior ones? Absolutely. They have decent if unspectacular starting pitching, a good pen where most of them are over performing, and a mediocre lineup. It's an 85 win team on a good year.

That being said, luck is luck and they are where they are. Can they stay hot for two more weeks? I'd say the likelihood is that they play like an 85 win team over the next two weeks. The problem is that an 85 win team can beat up on most of the opponents they face. The key is TB staying in the race for that last weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    If somehow the Yanks get the O's in the ALDS or ALCS, it would be their easiest opponent in the playoffs since the Ranger teams they used to beat up on in the 90's. Just one of those seasons where they get ultra-lucky.

Is this an improved O's team over prior ones? Absolutely. They have decent if unspectacular starting pitching, a good pen where most of them are over performing, and a mediocre lineup. It's an 85 win team on a good year.

That being said, luck is luck and they are where they are. Can they stay hot for two more weeks? I'd say the likelihood is that they play like an 85 win team over the next two weeks. The problem is that an 85 win team can beat up on most of the opponents they face. The key is TB staying in the race for that last weekend....
    Wow, I haven't seen you post in quite a while. Welcome back! Are you sticking around for the home stretch?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Wow, I haven't seen you post in quite a while. Welcome back! Are you sticking around for the home stretch?
    I've been too busy for my liking! Thanks, btw. Gonna try to stick around....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    Hey good point, starting this year the wildcard is allowed to play the top seed even if they are in the same division. So if the Yankees have the best overall record and the Orioles beat the A's, they would face eachother in the ALDS
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 09-21-12 at 02:45 PM. Reason: looked up the new 2012 postseason rules

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't think ALDS is possible if the Orioles as the wildcard are in the same division as the Yankees
    Yeah, it is beginning this year.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information