+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 278 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 274 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 6949
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Baltimore Orioles Thread (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    We have tickets for April 10. ( Myself and two sons--they both live there.)

OK.... I hope you all have a great time. My son lives in Towson, so he's real close.

NYYF Legend

Moose has been elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame. Congrats!

Btw I need to thank Angelos for screwing the whole thing up so Moose ended up with the Yankees.

It's important to note, as the article points out, that the opponent used some of the O's pitchers, that top players like Wieters and Jones didn't play the full game, and that this was an exhibition, and the O's presumably approached it with, to say the least, a casual attitude. Nonetheless - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...164735728.html

A community college team beat the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday. State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota chapter, edged the O's 2-1 in a charity game at Ed Smith Stadium.

Presumably this wasn't what anybody had in mind when these words were uttered oh so long ago:

Quote Originally Posted by bobby jr
    I am glad Mr. Angelos has spoken out and promised a bright future, and this was definitely needed at this time in the history of the Baltimore Orioles.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    It's important to note, as the article points out, that the opponent used some of the O's pitchers, that top players like Wieters and Jones didn't play the full game, and that this was an exhibition, and the O's presumably approached it with, to say the least, a casual attitude. Nonetheless - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...164735728.html

Presumably this wasn't what anybody had in mind when these words were uttered oh so long ago:

In all fairness, the lack of a salary cap makes it very difficult for the Orioles to compete with a financial behemoth like a community college.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Moose has been elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame. Congrats!

Btw I need to thank Angelos for screwing the whole thing up so Moose ended up with the Yankees.
    I already thanked Pete....several times in my prayers.

In case any Moose fans are interested, here's an article on the induction. Of course, I plan to be there with antlers on. Tickets are $50 per person and it's usually held at the Warehouse.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120327&content_id=27685602&vkey=news_bal&c_id=bal
    This is profound statement and I'm glad he made a point of mentioning it:
    "To start in one place, and have one organization give you a chance to show what you think you can do, and go out there and let you do it for that long of a period of time," he said. "And then have to leave and go someplace else and have another organization treat you like you have been there your whole career, you have to give both sides a lot of credit. I can't say that I am one or the other.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

In all fairness, the lack of a salary cap makes it very difficult for the Orioles to compete with a financial behemoth like a community college.
    They're state funded ya know!

Devoted Member

Screencap perfectly illustrates the effects of playing for one of the worst teams in baseball.

It's like The Picture of Dorian Gray, but for the American League East.

http://www.jockular.com/14046/traged...t-andino-funny

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher_Creature View Post
    Screencap perfectly illustrates the effects of playing for one of the worst teams in baseball.

that right there is funny stuff.. This is the most I've laughed in a long time..
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

That's great!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Had a great time at the game last night. So many Yankee fans!

It was SO COLD!!! Glad I went prepared for football weather!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Fan View Post
    Had a great time at the game last night. So many Yankee fans!

It was SO COLD!!! Glad I went prepared for football weather!
    I was wondering if the rain was going to change to snow. It's a good thing there were Yankee fans there because the place would have been empty without them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I was wondering if the rain was going to change to snow. It's a good thing there were Yankee fans there because the place would have been empty without them.
    I asked a season ticketholder if it upsets him that there were mostly Yankee fans around him... he said that he's used to it by now.

They changed a lot of things at Camden Yards since I was there last. Lowered one wall in the outfield, put up another with a picnic area. Moved Boog's.

I love watching these jackasses get crushed.

Batman Gets Slammed

And now he is banned for life.

The man referred to as "The Batman Streaker" has been banned from Camden Yards. And the ban is for life. Mark Harvey ran onto Camden Yards last week, donning adult sized Batman underwear, a black cape and a hat. He was eventually tackled by security and promptly arrested. Lucky for Harvey, the charges were dropped due to a miscommunication.
    staged.com/video?v=7iCb

Is getting banned from Oriole games really a punishment?

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Is getting banned from Oriole games really a punishment?
    Only if yer a Yankee fan or a Beantowner.

Seriously, I'm just glad that the Orange & Black from the east coast got sent promptly back to earth.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Fun facts, as we were talking, many years ago, about whether the Nationals could prosper after moving near Baltimore:
    • The Nationals out-drew the Orioles last year
    • MLB overall attendance rose about 400,000 from 2010 to 2011.

Just thought that was interesting . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    Fun facts, as we were talking, many years ago, about whether the Nationals could prosper after moving near Baltimore:
    • The Nationals out-drew the Orioles last year
    • MLB overall attendance rose about 400,000 from 2010 to 2011.
    Just thought that was interesting . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I've been to a handful of Nats games and we always take the train from Silver Spring (MD). It's usually packed with fans and they're mostly from the DC/VA area. So Pete's claim that letting another team move in so close to the Baltimore area would mean cutting into the O's fanbase just doesn't hold up.

The Nationals look pretty darned good to me so far. They were showing signs of putting it all together late last season. Hiring Davey Johnson was a smart move. If Ryan Zimmerman ever becomes a free agent, I hope the Yankees throw out the welcome mat.

NYYF Legend

I've been to a handful of Nats games and we always take the train from Silver Spring (MD). It's usually packed with fans and they're mostly from the DC/VA area. So Pete's claim that letting another team move in so close to the Baltimore area would mean cutting into the O's fanbase just doesn't hold up.

The Nationals look pretty darned good to me so far. They were showing signs of putting it all together late last season. Hiring Davey Johnson was a smart move. If Ryan Zimmerman ever becomes a free agent, I hope the Yankees throw out the welcome mat.
    I think the bigger concern for Angelos was the TV rights and he managed to effectively handcuff the Nationals in that regard by holding MLB hostage before finally allowing the Expos to move to DC. He ultimately got what he wanted. The structure of the MASN deal effectively relegates the Nationals to small market status despite the much larger population relative to Baltimore. However, the Nats are taking advantage of a window of opportunity to re-negotiate the contract this year. Here is a good article on the topic:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...D9P_story.html

So you don't think any of those people from the DC/VA area went to any Orioles games before the Nats arrived?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MurphDogg View Post
    So you don't think any of those people from the DC/VA area went to any Orioles games before the Nats arrived?
    They probably did. However, the total number of MLB games attended in the area (Nats+Os) is basically 1 million more than it was before the Nationals arrived, which more than accounts for any decline in the Orioles' attendance. And, of course, is more than the Os+Expos drew before the move.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MurphDogg View Post
    I stopped going to weeknight games in Baltimore before the Nats arrived because the traffic is just too bad during the week. I strongly suspect I am not the only Northern Virginia resident with that mindset.

NYYF Legend

Posting this again, because it's hilarious....

http://news.google.com/news/story?q=...ed=0CDUQqgIwAQ

Congrats to Wei-Yin Chen on his first MLB win! Orioles bullpen is clutch and preserves the 3-2 win.

Dear Orioles,

Please keep winning against AL East contenders, and keep being our punching bag.

Sincerely,

The NYYFans Community
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information