+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: The Redskins Thread

This franchise is going to remain what it has been for the last decade plus - a mediocre team with more lows than highs until Danny Boy fires his BFF/racquetball partner/yes man Vinny Cerratto.

Take a look at Cerratto's draft history:
    http://www.extremeskins.com/archive/.../t-194590.html

It's beyond abysmal. There are more busts on that list that are in all major sports HOFs combined.

Unfortunately, we as 'Skins fans are used to mediocre football.

Quote Originally Posted by DaYanks24
    This franchise is going to remain what it has been for the last decade plus - a mediocre team with more lows than highs until Danny Boy fires his BFF/racquetball partner/yes man Vinny Cerratto.

Take a look at Cerratto's draft history:
    http://www.extremeskins.com/archive/.../t-194590.html

It's beyond abysmal. There are more busts on that list that are in all major sports HOFs combined.

Unfortunately, we as 'Skins fans are used to mediocre football.
    It's not just Vinny. Danny Boy needs to sell the team. He is to the Skins what George Steinbrenner was to the Yanks (pre-suspension).

I had no doubt we would lose today and we will not win another game this year period.

Remember when the media said we'd be "7-1" (when we were 4-1 and facing the Rams). That seems like years ago.

At least Gibbs 2.0 got the team to the playoffs twice. That's one more than any other coach since Gibbs 1.0 left.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Santana Moss is a donkey. What a fool.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    It's not just Vinny. Danny Boy needs to sell the team. He is to the Skins what George Steinbrenner was to the Yanks (pre-suspension).

I had no doubt we would lose today and we will not win another game this year period.

Remember when the media said we'd be "7-1" (when we were 4-1 and facing the Rams). That seems like years ago.

At least Gibbs 2.0 got the team to the playoffs twice. That's one more than any other coach since Gibbs 1.0 left.
    I know that Snyder needs to go, but we know that outside of a tragedy to him it isn't happening. The man is a huge fan of the team, he just doesn't know how to run a successful on the field team (he's good at milking the fans dry). The other owners in the NFL must love Snyder. He makes the league a ton of money and runs a consistently mediocre team that is free of scandals. The 'Skins aren't a dominant franchise, but they bring in money like they are one of the elite.

The sad thing is that we (Skins fans) know we're basically doomed as long as Snyder/Cerrato are in charge, and given their relative youth -

well I'd rather not get myself that f*cking depressed at the moment.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Sammy Baugh passed away today. Sorry no link yet.

RIP

Looking ahead to 2009... RIyankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIyankee
    Happy 92nd Birthday to "Slingin' Sammy" Baugh!!!
    One of the all time great QBs!!!
    I posted that a couple of years ago.

Sammy Baugh, one of the greatest players who ever played.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][U][URL="http://reason.com/"]Reason Online[/URL]
    [URL="http://junkscience.com/"]Junk Science[/URL]
    [URL="http://reason.tv/"]Drew Carey Project[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

NYYF Cy Young

LaRon Landry on his big hits today:

If I get fined for it, then I say itís a big hit. All my hits have to be a fine in order for it to be a big hit,Ē he explained. ďIf I hit somebody, and Wednesday or Thursday when Iím sitting down at my locker and the FedEx package comes to me, then I know Iíve done my job. Iím gonna be waiting Wednesday and Thursday for my FedEx package, and Iíll let you know.
    Too bad he didn't hit like this the entire year.

LaRon Landry on his big hits today:

Too bad he didn't hit like this the entire year.
    What'd you think of the quote he had where he said he could have had an INT on that first big hit he dished out (forget who it was) but said it was more important to "send a message"?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    What'd you think of the quote he had where he said he could have had an INT on that first big hit he dished out (forget who it was) but said it was more important to "send a message"?
    Never saw that quote, but this defense needs more INTs than it does big hits.

How you give up 20 second-half points to the 49ers and Shaun Hill is beyond me.

I look forward to Vinny drafting a corner in the 1st round, along with a safety, kicker and punter with the other three picks he has remaining.

That ain't gonna happen.

There's gotta be a WR in there somewhere.

That ain't gonna happen.

There's gotta be a WR in there somewhere.
    Trade up and get Crabtree.

Still, we have more problems then just getting a stud WR.

It's not like this team doesn't have talent. They beat some good teams this year, but losses to the Bengals, Rams, and 49ers is the reason the Skins are sitting home right home and watching Philly (a team they swept) on TV this weekend.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    Trade up and get Crabtree.

Still, we have more problems then just getting a stud WR.

It's not like this team doesn't have talent. They beat some good teams this year, but losses to the Bengals, Rams, and 49ers is the reason the Skins are sitting home right home and watching Philly (a team they swept) on TV this weekend.
    I think he was kidding.

OL and DL, that's it.

I'd probably drive up to Ashburn and off Vinny if he drafted a WR, even if I do like Crabtree (and of course Hakeem Nicks from UNC ). But with 4 picks or whatever if they go WR in the 1st I'll probably die on the spot.

I was making fun of Vinny's apparent obsession with pass-catchers while dismissing the idea that blocking is important up front.

If we managed to beat the Bengals - they're in. Or the Rams. 1 more win and they stumble into the playoffs.

Just an overall depressing season. 6-2 start. 2-6 finish. Campbell looking progressively worse instead of better throughout the season. The most dreadfully bland offense I've ever had the displeasure to watch. Yesterday we had 4 WR sets and all the guys running 5 yard routes. No threat at all.

NYYF Cy Young

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122900984.html

A good article basically summing up everything Redskins fans feel about Snyder and Cerrato.

I honestly cannot figure out why a self-made billionaire is too dumb to realize that Cerrato is possibly the most under-qualified GM in the game.

NYYF Cy Young

It's pretty bad when a paper in Denver, a city the 'Skins have no connection to, is writing negative stories about you. Well, accurate is more appropriate.

What a bafoon.

NYYF HOF

It's pretty bad when a paper in Denver, a city the 'Skins have no connection to, is writing negative stories about you. Well, accurate is more appropriate.

What a bafoon.
    This story was in today's Frederick News-Post too.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

What a bafoon.
    Didn't you love the "it's not me, it's everybody else!!!" type quote at the end??

What a hopeless dolt.

Hail to the Redskins. *sigh*

NYYF Cy Young

Didn't you love the "it's not me, it's everybody else!!!" type quote at the end??

What a hopeless dolt.

Hail to the Redskins. *sigh*
    That's what infuriates me about him. He is never accountable for anything he does. I listened to his radio show when it first came on and a caller asked why he drafted Taylor Jacobs over Anquan Boldin. He blamed it on the head coach. I don't care what the head coach wants, it's your job to make the best decision for the franchise.

He is under the impression that they are one player away (and has been for the entire time he's been here). This team needs to get a lot younger, and I don't mean plugging in UDFAs into the starting lineup (Heyer) and hoping for the best.

They need to stop drafting DBs in the first round. DBs are nice to have, but they are going to be exposed no matter how good they are if there is no pash rush.

It's all Football 101, but he doesn't grasp that.

That's what infuriates me about him. He is never accountable for anything he does. I listened to his radio show when it first came on and a caller asked why he drafted Taylor Jacobs over Anquan Boldin. He blamed it on the head coach. I don't care what the head coach wants, it's your job to make the best decision for the franchise.

He is under the impression that they are one player away (and has been for the entire time he's been here). This team needs to get a lot younger, and I don't mean plugging in UDFAs into the starting lineup (Heyer) and hoping for the best.

They need to stop drafting DBs in the first round. DBs are nice to have, but they are going to be exposed no matter how good they are if there is no pash rush.

It's all Football 101, but he doesn't grasp that.

You -- unfortunately for Redskins fans -- are absolutely correct.

I'm sure the rest of the league hopes Snyder continues to be in the dark about his buddy Vinny.

Dammit.

I can just see Cerratto now selling Danny on how the Redskins wen't 3-0 against the teams in the NFC Championship Game and how we're "1 player away" from being there ourselves.

Horsesh*t.

PS. God, spare me a Norv VS Philly Super Bowl. FFS. PLEASE.

NYYF Cy Young

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004054&s_pos=

"All I read was how Vinny was going to do the right thing and build through the draft," an NFC executive said. "How do you build through the draft when you trade half your picks for guys at the end of their career? So what's the plan there? Is there a plan there? From the outside it's hard to see one."
    In Vinny we trust.

NYYF Cy Young

Thread Information