+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

The Redskins Thread

Ok, there's only a few of us here, but what do you think of Gibbs naming Brunell the starter after one week?

It's the lesser of two evils for me I guess. It's hard to endorse one Qb over the other, but I guess Brunell will make less mistakes and let the "D" win games.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Re: The Redskins Thread

Ramsey has asked to be traded according to Sporting News radio.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    Who can blame him? Talk about not getting a fair chance.

I'm not surprised by Gibbs' move, but I don't think it's the right one, and that makes me happy.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

NYYF Legend

Also, does this thread really need to exist? QUALITY CONTROL, PLEASE!

NYYF MVP

I watched both QB's in all four preseason games and the season opener. Brunell has clearly played better than Ramsey. It's the right move.

Gibbs' understands how important it is to beat Dallas and I agree with him that Brunell gives us the best chance.

Looking ahead to 2009... RIyankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    If Kyle Boller continues to struggle, the Ravens might be interested.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][U][URL="http://reason.com/"]Reason Online[/URL]
    [URL="http://junkscience.com/"]Junk Science[/URL]
    [URL="http://reason.tv/"]Drew Carey Project[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
    Yeah, because the only team anybody cares about is "Americas Team" (I hate that nickname). Give me a f'in break.

Released Outright

I think the decision was a bit hasty. I know Ramsey turns the ball over. It's because he will take a chance. Brunell doesn't have to worry about that unless the NFL starts to allow bounce passes. His arm is dead. He can move well and still has the head for it but he has no zip and can't throw deep at all.

That being said, I still hope we beat the Cowboys so bad that their owner's plastic surgery is reversed.

Holy , a Redskins thread.

My stance on this is I really don't care who the QB is as long as they win some damn games.

I'm also unable to say that I think either one is better than the other one to the point where its a slam dunk decision. I also saw all the pre-season games (thanks to Tivo and the NFL Network) and Brunell looked alot better than last year, and yes, better than Ramsey.

Brunell is more careful with the ball, but that means alot of dinking and dunking. Ramsey brings more big play ability, but also more big mistake ability. He throws passes that I wonder what in the world he must have seen to even think about letting that ball go. He doesn't seem to have improved a whole bunch in this area since we drafted him and I think this has frustrated Gibbs greatly in the last year.

I don't like the way it came about, guy leaves with injury and all that, but I can't blame Gibbs for making the switch. I do think Brunell gives us a better chance to win this week, though. For one, Dallas is typically all over our poor QB, and at least Brunell has a little mobility to get out of the pocket. He's more accurate throwing on the run, too. And hopefully he avoids the big mistake that drives yet another stake into our hearts (and that we avoid inventing a new way to lose for once).
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

NYYF Legend

Ramsey is terrible. Brunell is not much better, but I think he at least gives the Redskins a chance to stay in the game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Brunell is more careful with the ball, but that means alot of dinking and dunking. Ramsey brings more big play ability, but also more big mistake ability. He throws passes that I wonder what in the world he must have seen to even think about letting that ball go. He doesn't seem to have improved a whole bunch in this area since we drafted him and I think this has frustrated Gibbs greatly in the last year.
    This is a perfect assessment of Brunell vs. Ramsey.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
    Yeah, because the only team anybody cares about is "Americas Team" (I hate that nickname). Give me a f'in break.
    It's not that, it's just that, quite naturally, I think they're scum undeserving of serious discussion, and they make me very irrational. But that's just me.

Come on, in the course of losing 14/15 did you lose your sense of humor too? Calm down!

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz
    Ramsey is terrible. Brunell is not much better, but I think he at least gives the Redskins a chance to stay in the game.
    More importantly, it opens things up for Portis. Once Hat-trick got knocked out (and I call him that, 'cuz he's good for 3 INTs a game ), Chicago stopped stacking 8 in the box. At least Brunell keeps the defense honest....

.... not that it will help much on Triplets' Day.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OxDiesel
    Once Hat-trick got knocked out (and I call him that, 'cuz he's good for 3 INTs a game )
    @ Hat trick. I may have to borrow that. I have some friends who are Redskins fans and I love to bust their chops about Ramsey.

It's not that, it's just that, quite naturally, I think they're scum undeserving of serious discussion
    A perfect assessment of Phallus...err...Dallas!

Hey, there's a reason the map of DFW looks the way it does!!

Quote Originally Posted by OxDiesel
    Once Hat-trick got knocked out (and I call him that, 'cuz he's good for 3 INTs a game

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Holy , a Redskins thread.

My stance on this is I really don't care who the QB is as long as they win some damn games.

I'm also unable to say that I think either one is better than the other one to the point where its a slam dunk decision. I also saw all the pre-season games (thanks to Tivo and the NFL Network) and Brunell looked alot better than last year, and yes, better than Ramsey.

I don't like the way it came about, guy leaves with injury and all that, but I can't blame Gibbs for making the switch. I do think Brunell gives us a better chance to win this week, though. For one, Dallas is typically all over our poor QB, and at least Brunell has a little mobility to get out of the pocket. He's more accurate throwing on the run, too. And hopefully he avoids the big mistake that drives yet another stake into our hearts (and that we avoid inventing a new way to lose for once).

Gulp! Brunell does give us a better shot at winning. That's not saying much though. The "We want Campbell" chants may be coming soon.

It's not that, it's just that, quite naturally, I think they're scum undeserving of serious discussion, and they make me very irrational. But that's just me.

Come on, in the course of losing 14/15 did you lose your sense of humor too? Calm down!
    Just remember what coach Gibbs said in pre-season: "Dallas fans are ugly"

Speaking of humor:

Whats the difference between Texas Stadium and a porcuipine????

The Pricks are on the inside!!!

4 cowboys are in a police car. who's driving?

The police officer.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    Just remember what coach Gibbs said in pre-season: "Dallas fans are ugly"

Speaking of humor:

Whats the difference between Texas Stadium and a porcuipine????

The Pricks are on the inside!!!
    Speaking of Texas Stadium:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment...chmentid=10848

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    Gulp! Brunell does give us a better shot at winning. That's not saying much though. The "We want Campbell" chants may be coming soon.
    There's a few of those already. Hell, one of the Washington papers today reported that "some players" feel Campbell is the best of the 3 anyway. For whatever that's worth, I guess.

Looks like there is more interest in this thread then there is in the Giants thread.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Released Outright

Oh have no fear people, we will see Campbell by the end of the year.

For those who would like, hailredksins.com is a good chat board.

Stare Down the Barrel Mezmerize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankyDave
    Oh have no fear people, we will see Campbell by the end of the year.

For those who would like, hailredksins.com is a good chat board.
    I think maybe you should fear it if that were to happen. I'm no Skins expert but I do know that Campbell is not ready for the NFL this season. Brunell is the right pick because Ramsey never did anything to inspire confidence from his coach or teammates. He's been awful. Although I do have to wonder about the preparation and the timing of the decision...

In any event, the defense looks just as solid if not more so than last year. Give Tuna the beatdown of his life, will ya?
    [COLOR=black]You'll just say the worst of me with the hope they'll understand
    No, they know you're just a boy
    So grow up and be a man
    Little baby, kicking, you scream and whine
    Victims pay the price eventually[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    I think maybe you should fear it if that were to happen. I'm no Skins expert but I do know that Campbell is not ready for the NFL this season. Brunell is the right pick because Ramsey never did anything to inspire confidence from his coach or teammates. He's been awful. Although I do have to wonder about the preparation and the timing of the decision...

In any event, the defense looks just as solid if not more so than last year. Give Tuna the beatdown of his life, will ya?
    I agree. I don't want Campbell to get a beatdown in his rookie year. Let Brunell and Ramsey take the beatings.

NYYF MVP

The only way Campbell sees any action this year is if both Brunell and Ramsey go down in the same game. Other than that, his job for at least the next two years is to carry a clipboard and pay attention.

NYYF Legend

Monday Night, I am a Redskins Fan!

Thread Information