+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: The Redskins Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Trust us, we know how you feel. I'm sure I don't need to run off the list of heartbreakers that have gone the other way over the last decade.

I was thinking how it would be good to have the bye week to prep Jason Campbell for Week 3 before lightning struck (3 starts in 3 weeks, who cares?). Hell, I'm still thinking it even through my sleep-walking euphoria today, as 71 seconds of brilliance doesn't quite offset nearly 8 quarters of ineptitude.

But I'll let it slide for today. And probably for 2 weeks. Until I see what happens against Seattle.
    I'd rather not see Campbell unless its really necessary. While Brunell was inept for the last game and a half, his 71 seconds does warrant another start, because we finally saw something different from him in those 71 seconds. Having a legit deep threat really opens up more things for the offense and I'd like to see what Brunell can do now. Maybe Portis can see less than 8 men on the line now too.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    I'd rather not see Campbell unless its really necessary. While Brunell was inept for the last game and a half, his 71 seconds does warrant another start, because we finally saw something different from him in those 71 seconds. Having a legit deep threat really opens up more things for the offense and I'd like to see what Brunell can do now. Maybe Portis can see less than 8 men on the line now too.

Yep, the Seattle game is going to be quite interesting. Hopefully that flash of...whatever it was at the end of the game will prove to be a stepping stone to more offensive production.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

,as 71 seconds of brilliance doesn't quite offset nearly 8 quarters of ineptitude.
    Not even if it was against the hated Cowboys?! I'm shocked!
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankyDave
    Show me where anyone wrote one here. Next you can show me Sean Taylor's conviction record that doesn't exist. I can show you plenty from the Cowboys.

I take back the worded books comment. Clearly your next step is not being suprised by pop-up books.
    "4 Cowboys in a police car and who's driving" was posted by early on by yankeesAZ. But since you are so far up into your ass on your book comments that you missed have missed one. Damn I wish I was as smart as you and just maybe I could use phrases like "drinky drinky."

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY
    "4 Cowboys in a police car and who's driving" was posted by early on by yankeesAZ. But since you are so far up into your ass on your book comments that you missed have missed one. Damn I wish I was as smart as you and just maybe I could use phrases like "drinky drinky."
    Well since you're a Cowboys fan I wouldn't hold out any hope to be even remotely as smart as I am. Did you see that 33% of the players inducted into the ring of shame last night were criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey37
    Not even if it was against the hated Cowboys?! I'm shocked!

Like I said...just for a night.

Well since you're a Cowboys fan I wouldn't hold out any hope to be even remotely as smart as I am. Did you see that 33% of the players inducted into the ring of shame last night were criminals?
    That's so wrong!

The attachment of Roy Williams is for all you Skins fans to enjoy on the bye week!
    Attached Images

This sucks. Skins/Hawks on local TV out here for probably one of the few times I can see the Skins on free TV and now we have the Yanks/Sox going an hour later. It's going to be a long day and quite a balancing act. Obviously the Yankees are more important, but still wish I could see each game seperately. I don't drink in the morning, but this is going to be one of those days.

3-0.

3-0.
    ...and it feels so good! I don't expect much too much respect from anyone for our team, but I'll just take the Ws. A couple of tough games are coming up.

BTW, according to this S.I. writer, we're the "worst 3-0 team ever"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...nnsi&type=lgns

NYYF MVP

The offense took some major strides in the right direction. Night and day from the first two games. Gibbs' was right to go with Brunell. The man is becoming the leader of the team.

Moss is the second coming of Gary Clark. Incredibly clutch receiver.

The 'Skins need to start getting some turnovers and putting pressure on the QB. Hasselbeck had way too much time.

The 12th man at FedEx was by far the loudest I've ever heard them.

They showed the two highlights from the Dallas game three different times on the big screen. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing them.

The 'Skins went from 12 penalties vs Dallas to 2 vs Seattle.

3-0 HTTR!

NYYF Legend

Living in the DC area, I'm surprised by the level of restraint shown by Redskins fans this year. Normally a 3 - 0 start would mean the Redskins are Superbowl bound. Come to think of it, I know many Redskins fans who would still be talking Superbowl after an 0 - 3 start. It's different this year though. It's like everyone is just waiting for the collapse.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

BTW, according to this S.I. writer, we're the "worst 3-0 team ever"
    Hopefully we'll be the worst 4-0 team ever, 5-0 team ever, 6-0 team ever.........etc.....

Assistant head coach Gregg Williams addresses the Lavar Arrington situation. Right now Lavar is getting paid a lot of money to sit on the bench.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=11023

We got robbed in Denver today by the stupid tuck rule!

Released Outright

We got robbed in Denver today by the stupid tuck rule!
    The tuck rule is bad enough but when they claim it's still a tuck when the QB touches the ball with his other hand they may as well make a rule that the QB cannot fumble. What a crock.

Anyone who thinks the Skins are not for real though better wake up.

The tuck rule is bad enough but when they claim it's still a tuck when the QB touches the ball with his other hand they may as well make a rule that the QB cannot fumble. What a crock.

Anyone who thinks the Skins are not for real though better wake up.
    Why wasn't grounding called if it was an incomplete pass in the pocket? Despite the loss, they did play well enough to win. Most felt they were coming up to Mile High for a butt kicking.

Yep, we should definitely be 4-0. Damn. Between the safety being taken away from us and our FG woes again (Novak drills a soaking wet football thru the sticks from 54 yards and of course we get called for a penalty and we have to throw up a hail mary, then we get one blocked later). The win was in our hands.

But I'm happy to see us play relatively well in sloppy conditions against a good Broncos team at home. Well enough to win. I'm feeling pretty good about the season.

Eff the tuck rule.

NYYF Legend

Give me a break guys. The skins got some very generous pass interference calls on their final possession to even keep the drive going. Not to mention, the refs could have called offensive holding on practically every play of that drive. And I am by no means a Denver fan. I just wanted the game to end so that it did not cut into the Yankees game

How about the "pass interference" call on Patten on the TD? Pfft. Michael Irvin made a hall of fame career out of alot worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz
    Give me a break guys. The skins got some very generous pass interference calls on their final possession to even keep the drive going. Not to mention, the refs could have called offensive holding on practically every play of that drive. And I am by no means a Denver fan. I just wanted the game to end so that it did not cut into the Yankees game
    You must be refering to the one where Denver tackled Cooley and the refs didn't call it. Fox would hold up the baseball game or give an alternative station to watch the beginning anyway.

NYYF Legend

You must be refering to the one where Denver tackled Cooley and the refs didn't call it. Fox would hold up the baseball game or give an alternative station to watch the beginning anyway.
    You're right, that was a bad call too, but the pass interference on the 4th down play that kept the drive going was really cheap, plus the Redskins were holding on almost every play that drive. It was absolutely ridiculous. And like I said before, I am hardly a Broncos fan. I just hate bad officiating.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz
    You're right, that was a bad call too, but the pass interference on the 4th down play that kept the drive going was really cheap, plus the Redskins were holding on almost every play that drive. It was absolutely ridiculous. And like I said before, I am hardly a Broncos fan. I just hate bad officiating.
    I haven't seen anything to back up the cries of holding. I did get a kick out of Denver fans whining about another team's offensive line though.

The Skins are for real but need to stop making mistakes that the other team wins on. Two field goals, a fumble and the missed tackle on the first long TD were the game. Other than that the Skins totally outplayed the Broncos in their house.

NYYF Legend

I haven't seen anything to back up the cries of holding. I did get a kick out of Denver fans whining about another team's offensive line though.

The Skins are for real but need to stop making mistakes that the other team wins on. Two field goals, a fumble and the missed tackle on the first long TD were the game. Other than that the Skins totally outplayed the Broncos in their house.
    The Skins are improved, but I still don't think they're for real. Even if they would have beaten Denver I would have considered them to be the worst 4 - 0 team of all time. Frankly, the Broncos are really not that good.

Thread Information