View Poll Results: Who's Going To Win The NHL Finals?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colorado Avalanche

11 50.00%
  • New Jersey Devils

11 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    One of the Originals CalifYanksFan's Avatar
    Take your pick for the Stanley Cup hockey fans. Who's it going to be and in how many games?

jumpin the gun a bit but i'll take the devils in 6...

Russ - I wasn't aware the Eastern Conference finals were over - I could have sworn there was a game tonight!

Did I miss something?!? Shouldn't the last line say NJ Devils or Pittsburgh Penguins?!?

Don't count your (or our fearless leader's) chickens before they're hatched!

Keep smiling and Let's Go Pens...

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Originally posted by allybear
    Russ - I wasn't aware the Eastern Conference finals were over - I could have sworn there was a game tonight!

Did I miss something?!? Shouldn't the last line say NJ Devils or Pittsburgh Penguins?!?

Don't count your (or our fearless leader's) chickens before they're hatched!

Keep smiling and Let's Go Pens...
    Ahh hah ha ha!!

I thought the same thing, and I thought it was hillarious! !!!

-jim
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

Happy Thanksgiving to all! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    yikes, Russ!! What are you doing to us? I'm so superstitious!! ugh!! If you jinx the Devils, I may hop a plane to California to have a little chat with you!!

I can't vote...hopefully I will be after tonight...
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Hi Luna - It's the "Penguin Enemy"!

Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
    yikes, Russ!! What are you doing to us? I'm so superstitious!! ugh!! If you jinx the Devils, I may hop a plane to California to have a little chat with you!!
    I hadn't even thought of the "jinx" theory - Russ, I knew I liked you for a reason!!!

Keep smiling and let's go Pens...

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Forum Regular

Colorado

The 'Lanche got it all. They can roll four lines just like the Devs. They have defense pairings the likes of which you find in the Hall. They have one of the all time best goaltenders. They can match the Devs all over the ice, and they have something more....Old Man Borque wants to drink from Lord Stanley. Can you say motivation?

Avs in 6
    This morning I had a great idea for a sig line, but I forgot what it was.
    I just wanted you to know this is where it would have gone

Whew!!

No jinx, Russ...too bad I won't be getting those frequent flyer miles, lol!!

Devils in 7....this isn't going to be easy!!

One of the Originals CalifYanksFan's Avatar

Re: Whew!!

That's my vote to luna. For the Av's to do what they did to St. Louis, without Peter Forsberg, is incredible. However, I think that New Jersey's smothering defensive scheme will eventually do in the Avalanche.

Re: Whew!!

7??? you're makin' me nervous here luna... i'm thinking about lettin' the $150 i won against the pens ride agaisnt the avs... haven't found any takers yet, but i will...

whaddaya think??? keep the &150 or take a shot at $300 against the avs???

decisions, decisions...

Re: Re: Whew!!

Originally posted by Ansky39

7??? you're makin' me nervous here luna... i'm thinking about lettin' the $150 i won against the pens ride agaisnt the avs... haven't found any takers yet, but i will...

whaddaya think??? keep the &150 or take a shot at $300 against the avs???

decisions, decisions...
    LOL, ansky!! At what point do I start getting a commission for all these tips? I think I even talked you OUT of betting against the Lakers -- I should get some kind of reverse, "didn't lose my shirt" commission!!

The Devils get NO respect -- I understand that Cone pitching at the Stadium is a big story, but is it bigger than the Devils going back to the Cup Finals? The Daily News thought so (not the NY Post I must admit) -- The backpage headline on the News was "Cone Home" (as much as I loved Coney when he was here, we all know NY was a pitstop, not a home)...okay, got that off my chest, thanks!!

don't be nervous -- I have this superstition about being overconfident...and this is the first time in a few years where the top seeds of both the East and the West have made it to the Cup Finals...

The Devils seemed to get it together this past series, and they are playing the best hockey consistently that they've played in awhile...their Dee is great --not easy to shut down Lemieux and Jagr completely, goaltending is great and has playoff/Cup experience...and they have three very good lines and one great line...they've beaten Colorado the two times they played them this year pretty handily, but the Penguins know how much that means in the playoffs...

Having said all that, the Avalanche without Forsberg is still an awesome team that matches up well with the Devils...that's why I say seven...I think this will be a great series -- but it's still Devils in 7!!

I say put up the money -- it's all house money at this point anyway, right? I will feel guilty if they lose though...

Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

LOL, ansky!! At what point do I start getting a commission for all these tips? I think I even talked you OUT of betting against the Lakers -- I should get some kind of reverse, "didn't lose my shirt" commission!!
    yeah you did save me from the spurs too.. ok, ok, how about a 10% commish... even boras don't get that much...

The Devils get NO respect -- I understand that Cone pitching at the Stadium is a big story, but is it bigger than the Devils going back to the Cup Finals? The Daily News thought so (not the NY Post I must admit) -- The backpage headline on the News was "Cone Home" (as much as I loved Coney when he was here, we all know NY was a pitstop, not a home)...okay, got that off my chest, thanks!!
    the daily snooze sucks... stick w/ the post and you'll be ok...

don't be nervous -- I have this superstition about being overconfident...
    yeah i got ya... i feel the same way w/ the yanks, giants and sigh, the knicks

I say put up the money -- it's all house money at this point anyway, right? I will feel guilty if they lose though...
    yeah that's the only way to bet, w/ house dough... ok, it's a done deal... gotta get on the horn and place my dough... expect you're commish in the mail after SIX...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

yeah you did save me from the spurs too.. ok, ok, how about a 10% commish... even boras don't get that much...

yeah that's the only way to bet, w/ house dough... ok, it's a done deal... gotta get on the horn and place my dough... expect you're commish in the mail after SIX...
    yes, ansky -- but boras is negotiating much bigger sums of money!! Make it 15% and you've got a deal!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

yes, ansky -- but boras is negotiating much bigger sums of money!! Make it 15% and you've got a deal!!
    deal... i got $200 on the devs... that'll be $400 clams minus 15% equals what $340 for me and $60 for my trusted agent... if, uh, when we win, i'll have to start calling you luna-greenspan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

deal... i got $200 on the devs... that'll be $400 clams minus 15% equals what $340 for me and $60 for my trusted agent... if, uh, when we win, i'll have to start calling you luna-greenspan
    LOL, Ansky... luna-greenspan, I like it!!

But I just realized, this is kind of like me indirectly betting on my team, which is NEVER good for me...so I'll waive my 15% for the Devils series...it will only apply for tips I give other than the Yankees, Devils, Giants or Knicks...you're making out on this deal big time!!

#1 BronxBomber Enthusiast JeanC's Avatar
    Country living at ITS BEST! Indiana of Course!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

Looks like you have a new name Luna!! If your that good Ill be calling on you soon! Ive got a few bills I could use the money!

I mysefl would love to see NJ whip the High Altitude Colorado team!

Yankees Are Still the Best in the MLB! Better than ALL the Rest!!!!!

................ the Devils...

It was all luck and everyone knows it....

To the Devils... :finger1:

Originally posted by Cat Man
    ................ the Devils...

It was all luck and everyone knows it....

To the Devils... :finger1:
    now is there any need for that kind of profanity? please Catman...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

Originally posted by JeanC

Looks like you have a new name Luna!! If your that good Ill be calling on you soon! Ive got a few bills I could use the money!

I mysefl would love to see NJ whip the High Altitude Colorado team!

LOL, Jean...Luna Greenspan does have a snappy ring to it, huh? I'll give you a break on my fee since we share the name Jeanne, lol!!

By the way, if the Devils win and this betting doesn't jinx my team, I'm changing my mind about taking my 20% afterall...otherwise, Ansky will have to pony up some other form of payment...Yankee tickets sound pretty good, what do you think?

Released Outright
    Go Devils!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whew!!

Ansky will have to pony up some other form of payment...
    "some" form of payment?

name the game...

the devils in 6...

NYYF Legend

sabers in 6. oops not listed
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.com

#1 BronxBomber Enthusiast JeanC's Avatar
    Country living at ITS BEST! Indiana of Course!
    Whoops looks like the High Altitude is paying off off!

New Jersey lost this one too!

Maybe tomorrow night???

Although Borque set a new record! Nice when you get that old and youve never played in a Stanley Cup final to final get to and even set a record.

Ok Come On Lets Wake Up New Jersey D's!!!

Yankees Are Still the Best in the MLB! Better than ALL the Rest!!!!!

Avs in 5. Those bee-otchs that call themselves the Devils got lucky in game 2...

GO AVS!!!

NYYF MVP

i still have hope in the rangers but with those two i think the devils in 6

Thread Information