+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 161 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4015

Re: Mixed Martial Arts - UFC, PRIDE FC, etc.

Another year, another season on the Ultimate Fighter.

Ultimate Fighter Season 15: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber starts on March 9, 2012 on FX at 9 PM ET/PT.

New home in FX, new host in UFC commentator Jon Anik and TUF fights and scenes are live.
    http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/...fighter-on-fx/

The coaches will be two WEC alums that came off a bruising encounter at UFC 132 last July 2, 2011: current WEC/UFC Bantamweight champion Dominick 'The Dominator' Cruz and former WEC Featherweight champion 'The California Kid' Urijah Faber.

Before Cruz and Faber square off a third time at UFC 148, these two will square off as coaches.

The 16 fighters in the Lightweight and Welterweight classes that will compete in the last T
    TUF installment.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27602/the-...t-fighters.mma
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    I give 'Chuck Liddell wannabe' Brandon Saling my Purple Heart Award for being a gamer, but after an early slugfest it was all Robert Bowling en route to a TKO win.
    Glad to hear it. I know a bunch of his cousins.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Glad to hear it. I know a bunch of his cousins.
    Well, there's bad news for Brandon Saling: his fighting license in Ohio and New Jersey are revoked.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27742/ohio...gs-license.mma
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber - Episode 1: Broadway's PostMortem

After watching Episode 1 of Season 15 of the Ultimate Fighter: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber, I really like the FX era in the show's history and the fights are live on FX.

I really love the new qualifying rule to get in the TUF house where each fight consists of one 5-minute round. I like the idea because it motivates the fighters that you need this last round to win an even fight or sudden death or you need to go for broke when you're down 2 rounds to none or four rounds to none and get a stoppage or tapout win.

Also, the UFC fans also get involved with the Fight, Knockout and Submission of the seasons.

8 of the 16 fights ended via stoppage or tapout.

Out of the 16 winners who entered the house, I like six of them.

I have two Knockouts of the Night in Episode 1. One belonged to Justin Lawrence who is one of my favorites so far in Season 15. His electricifying hands during his knock out on James Krause was a thing of beauty. He trains with current UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson 'The Spider' Silva at Black House MMA. His fast hands reminds me of former UFC Light Heavyweight champions 'The Phenom' Vitor Beflort and Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell with good wrestling.

Sam Silcila gets my second Knockout of the Night in Episode 1. He has a powerful right hand for someone who is 5'7".

Joe Proctor gets my Submission of the Night for his guillotine choke.

Another fighter that I like is Cristiano Marcello who is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teacher at Chute Boxe academy.

But Marcello showed that he can strike, very good transitions after scoring a takedown and nasty ground and pound to set up his submissions.

Vinc Pichel had a great fight with tough Texan wrestler Cody Pfister where that fight earned My Fight of the Night in Episode 1. Both had reversals after a takedown, but Pichel took over with his elbows a la David Loiseau from top position that busted Pfister open.

Finally, Myles Jury, welcome back. He's my feel good story. Gets a second chance in the Ultimate Fighter after a knee injury in TUF Season 13 and dominated a great submission Mexican fighter in Akbarh Arreola, who submitted TUF Season 5 drama queen and former WEC Lightweight champion Gabe Ruediger, with wrestling. I hope Jury does well.

There are a lot of great fighters and tough ones at that this season, so, it will be interesting.

During the 15th season of the Ultimate Fighter in the United States on FX, TUF goes global in their first ever international season as Brazil hosts The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil on Globo TV in Brazil on March 25, 2012 with streaming on TUF.tv at 11:30 PM ET/8:30 PM PT and on later dates in the U.S. via Fuel TV.

The middleweights and featherweights will be showcased in TUF: Brazil
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27916/tuf-...tchups-set.mma

The cast: http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-preview...meet-the-cast/

In another TUF first, both TUF: Brazil Middleweight and TUF: Brazil Featherweight tournament finals will be at UFC 147 on June 16, 2012.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/26936/tuf-...als-on-ppv.mma

The coaches for TUF: Brazil are former UFC Light Heavyweight champion 'The Phenom' Vitor Belfort and former PRIDE Middleweight Champion 'The Axe Murderer' Wanderlei Silva.

Both Belfort and Silva will also meet at UFC 147 in a rematch of their UFC Brazil: Ultimate Brazil encounter back on October 16, 1998 where Belfort's lightning fast hands blitzed Silva en route to a 44 second knockout win.

Speaking of UFC 147 in Brazil...

In my house: Anderson 'The Spider' Silva vs. Chael Sonnen 2 for the UFC Middleweight title in Rio de Janeiro for UFC 147
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27981/ufc-...ro-stadium.mma

The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber - Episode 2: Broadway's PostMortem

After the preliminary fights were shown, team selection was the next ordeal.

Team Dominick Cruz: Justin Lawrence Sam Sicilia Myles Jury Mike Rio James Vick Vinc Pichel Chris Tickle Jeremy Larsen

Team Urijah Faber: Al Iaquinta Cristiano Marcello Daron Cruickshank Joe Proctor Mike Chiesa John Cofer Andy Ogle Chris Saunders

The first verbal war between the coaches started with Cruz mentioned that Faber's family had probably helped him purchase his gym in a UFC magazine interview which caused Faber to lose it. Cruz did apologize. I think the mindgames started right there.

I feel bad for Team Faber fighter Michael Chiesa who received a phone call that his father passed away. This is way different from Season 3's Noah Inhofer, Season 2's Eli Joslin and Season 6's Joe Scarola. This was a family emergency and Dana White let Chiesa attend his father's funeral and keep him in the competition.

For the first fight, Team Faber selected Daron Cruickshank to fight James Vick.

Vick is 6'3" and can create space while Cruickshank is 5' 8", but has better movement and can close the distance.

This fight reminded me of Bobby Southworth vs. Lodune Sincaid in Season 1.

In the fight, it looked like Southworth vs. Sincaid where Cruickshank cut the distance and landed some solid strikes including a front kick, some spinning backfists, body kicks and side kicks while Vick has problems trying to match movement for movement with Cruickshank. Cruickshank was scoring points with his striking.

However, the biggest mistake for Cruickshank was he charged forward for a takedown and Vick threw a nasty knee that catches, drops and knocks out Cruickshank to give Vick a first round KO win and Team Cruz gets control.

What Cruickshank should've done was to close the distance, throw more strikes, grabbed Vick and then try to take him down.

Vick's knee KO is my early candidate for Knockout of the Tournament so far.

More mindgames were deployed when Cruz wanted Faber to pick his next fighter when Cruz chose Justin Lawrence, but with no one stepping up to the plate, Cruz selected Cristiano Marcello.

Now, this fight is very interesting. I liked both fighters during the preliminary bouts. Lawrence has a well-rounded game with Vitor Belfort like fast hands in the stand-up game and very good wrestling and also trains with current UFC Middleweight champion Anderson 'The Spider' Silva at Black House MMA. As for Marcello, he also showed his well-rounded skills and has been working on his stand-up game at the Chute Boxe Academy to go along with his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teaching pedigree and his vicious ground and pound.

It is a case between Lawrence's game on the feet and in the clinch while Marcello wants to test his ground skills.

So far, it's Cruz 1, Faber 0.

Title shot at UFC 146 in jeopardy: Alistair Overeem has positive drug test
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/alistair-ov...ce-drug-screen

The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber - Episode 3: Broadway's PostMortem

Justin 'The American Kidd' Lawrence lived up to the hype and then some so far.

The Blackhouse MMA fighter was very impressive against a supposedly tough matchup in legendary Chute Boxe Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner in Cristiano Marcello via second round knockout.

Before the matchup, it was a very tough fight to call since I liked both Lawrence and Marcello during the preliminary bouts with Lawrence's speed and power vs. Marcello's ground game and also trained at Chute Boxe Academy.

I flipped a coin and it came up with Lawrence.

I thought in Round 1, Lawrence outclassed Marcello on the feet with his speed and movement. Marcello kept his hands down and chin up throughout the fight where the Brazilian should've done it the other way around which was chin down and hands up.

Lawrence knocked Marcello down with a front kick to the gut.

Lawrence also showed his takedown defense stuffing a Marcello takedown attempt and kept the fight on the feet.

Coach Urijah Faber kept telling Marcello 'chin down, chin down.' But Marcello didn't and as a result, Lawrence barged in with a straight left that knocked down and knocked out the Brazilian with his power in Round 2.

With team Dominick Cruz up 2-0, Faber has his work cut out for him.

Cruz picked Season 13 alum Myles Jury to take on Al Iaquinta. Jury gets a second chance after his first stint ended quickly with a torn ACL in his knee. Jury's wrestling dominated Mexican submission artist Akbarh Arreola during prelims. So, Iaquinta will have his hands full.

The good news for Faber, Iaquinta is his first pick and has the Muay Thai clinch game and takedown defense to neutralize Jury's wrestling.

As for the rest of the episode, I liked the pranks both teams tried on the photos inside the UFC training center. Faber's team used black stickers on Cruz's face to make him look like Eddie Munster from the Munsters. Cruz's team used stickers as a G-string bikini to cover Faber's buttcrack chin. Oh my.

So far, a fighter that will get everyone ticked off his Chris Tickle. Tickle's been accused of coasting during training and tells off camera that he doesn't want to get yell at by a coach blah, blah, blah. Well Chris, Cruz is trying to make you a legendary UFC fighter. He's giving the tough love that you need to succeed in the mixed martial arts world.

Anyways, Lawrence's knockout was nice, but still, James Vick's straight knee knockout on Daron Cruickshank leads my list for Knockout of the Season so far.
    Last edited by BroadwayBomber55; 04-07-12 at 12:42 AM.

The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber - Episode 4: Broadway's PostMortem

Team Urijah Faber gets on the board.

Al Iaquinta squeaks by Myles Jury via split decision.

I thought Jury won Round 1 10-9 despite Iaquinta being the aggressor and pushing the fight forcing Jury back near the cage as Jury landed some counters. Jury also scored a late takedown which caused Iaquinta to land on his head and even got Iaquinta's back. But Iaquinta, thanks to training with Team Serra-Longo showed good wrist control to survive for another round.

In Round 2, both landed quality counters, but Iaquinta's counter right early in Round 2 stagged Jury and Iaquinta pushed the fight forward again cutting off Jury from taking the center of the Octagon. But late in Round 2, Jury answered with a knee and both guys were swinging.

In the closing seconds in Round 2, I thought Jury stoled the round with a driving takedown, but a late elbow to the head from the bottom from Iaquinta busted Myles open and gave Al Round 2, 10-9. Jury was a bloody mess after the round was over from that elbow.

In Sudden Victory, Al took it 10-9 in my scorecards for being the aggressor and scoring more strikes. Once again, Myles just can't get enough time at the center of the Octagon even though Jury landed some nice counters.

Had Jury avoided the elbow, he could've won 2-0.

So, Faber gets on the board 2-1.

As for the lead up to the fight, I liked how Faber brought in life coach Jim Peterson to give the fighters a lecture on mental toughness. Everyone enjoyed it except Chris Tickle.

I think Tickle is being portrayed as the villain of Season 15 for his pouting saying that 'I don't need a life coach or I need to know anything about mental toughness.' Well Mr. Tickle, even if you're the best fighter in the world, it's never too late for more quality advice.

Anyways, the fight between Iaquinta and Jury gets my vote for fight of TUF15 so far.
    James Vick gets my Knockout of TUF15 at the moment.

UFC 145 - Primetime: Jones vs. Evans debuts Friday, April 6 at 11 PM ET on FX
    Episodes 2 and 3 April 13 and April 20.
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/04/...-friday-night/

Addicted Member

The main event is going to be a great matchup, i really think the younger bones is going to be able to outlast evans if he can bring it the distance.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    The main event is going to be a great matchup, i really think the younger bones is going to be able to outlast evans if he can bring it the distance.
    I don't see Rashad winning, baring a fluke KO.

Bones has a 9.5 inch reach advantage, so Rashad is going to have a tough time getting inside without taking much damage. If he is able to get insider, Jones can clinch up and nullify Rashad's attacks, and even get a choke on him.

I'm more looking forward to seeing what is going to happen with the 146 main event

NYYF Legend

Is MMA/UFC plateauing, or even losing any steam?

I ask as an outsider who is also a diehard sports fanatic, because I feel like there hasn't been as many mainstream mentions on my radar of late.

I feel like was seeping into the mainstream sports coverage a year or two ago on almost a daily basis, but not so much anymore.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Is MMA/UFC plateauing, or even losing any steam?

I ask as an outsider who is also a diehard sports fanatic, because I feel like there hasn't been as many mainstream mentions on my radar of late.

I feel like was seeping into the mainstream sports coverage a year or two ago on almost a daily basis, but not so much anymore.
    It's not necessarily losing steam but they lost their biggest and most marketable star in Brock Lesnar to the WWE recently and their replacement for him, Alistair Overeem, just failed a drug test. They're also trying their best to make Jon Jones, the current light heavyweight champion, the face of the company but fail to realise Jon Jones has no personality/charisma whatsoever and comes off as self righteous and pretentious and most fans have soured towards him, especially me who was a huge fan of his until he opened his mouth.

In terms of mainstream attention the old guard are getting old and the newer stars haven't been as hyped up which means PPV buys have slowly dwindled but the current Jones Vs Rashad Evans seems to be getting a lot of hype from where I am and the sport itself is huge in Brasil especially since 3 of their natives are champions in Junior Dos Santos, Jose Aldo and the GOAT Anderson Silva.

The Fox deal has also put the sport on primetime/mainstream television but unfortunately the two FOX shows have been pretty underwhelming with the first one ending in 3 minutes and the second having fights which wouldn't appeal to casual followers or newbies. However the next one, Diaz Vs Miller, has a stacked lineup which should be very entertaining and is the show I'm most looking forward to so far this year.

This post became a lot longer than I expected but hopefully I answered your questions, anything else don't hesitate to ask.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

NYYF Legend

The UFC had a lot of bad luck in the past year or so.

- GSP, who they claim is their top draw and highest earning fighter, has fought three times since July 2009. All three of those fights saw a tentative GSP "point fight." He is hurt and is about to hit one year of inactivity.

- Their second biggest draw, Brock Lesnar, has also only fought three times during that same period. One incredible comeback, two shellackings, and he almost died. He then retired

- BJ Penn, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz have all either retired or are about to. Those are four of the top draws in UFC history.

- Dominick Cruz, Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar/Ben Henderson are some of the most talented guys in the sport and rarely have dull fights. Unfortunately, they have yet to hit it big in mainstream media yet.

- The Fox deal probably cost them a lot of ESPN love. Not to mention both shows haven't exactly been great. The next one is the best top to bottom.

The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: Team Cruz vs. Team Faber Live - Episode 5: Broadway's PostMortem

With Al Iaquinta getting a win over one of Dominick Cruz's best fighter picks, Urijah Faber sets his sights on Michael Chiesa, who is trying to do his late father proud, going up against Jeremy Larsen.

Team Cruz fighter Sam Sicilia, who trained with Chiesa, refused to discuss Chiesa's fight plans with Dominick. I liked how Dominick says that he's training Sam to win the competition and get in the UFC.

The fighter who is always complaining and I don't like is Chris Tickle. He's still whining about training including gout problems and going to the bathroom after being punched in the stomach.

I mean come on Tickle. Dominick Cruz ups the ante on training to make you a better fighter so that you can have a chance to win this thing.

Tickle's medical results for gout came out negative. Let's see if that test result fires him up to do better in training and fighting.

Now for the fight between Michael Chiesa and Jeremy Larsen.

In Round 1, I gave it 9-9. Chiesa scored two takedowns in Round 1 and scored more points from top position with his ground and pound. I had Chiesa winning Round 1.

But Chiesa was deducted one point for an illegal knee to the head of a grounded Larsen late in Round 1. You can't do fouls like this especially if it's in a close fight.

In Round 2, Chiesa scored four takedowns and had Larsen's back on the ground for some rear-naked choke attempts.

What Larsen should've done was kept the fight standing up, but he was taken down six times and Chiesa scored more dominant positions.

With Team Faber retaining the hammer after winning their last two fights, Urijah called on Joe Proctor to take on Chris Tickle.

Now, both Proctor and Tickle like to stand and bang as they both have dangerous right hands. But Tickle's submission defense and close range game will be tested by Proctor and his guillotine choke.

Will Faber make it three wins in a row?

Attention MMA fans:

Before you watch Jon 'Bones' Jones makes his third defense of his UFC Light Heavyweight title against former UFC Light Heavyweight champion and Ultimate Fighter Season 2 Heavyweight winner 'Sugar' Rashad Evans at UFC 145 from Atlanta's Philips Arena on April 21st, the Ultimate Fighting Championship makes their Swedish debut with UFC on Fuel TV 2: Gustafsson vs. Silva Live from the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden this Saturday, April 14th, 2012 at 3 PM ET/12 PM PT on Fuel TV with UFC on Fuel TV 2 Prelims Live on Facebook at 12:30 PM ET/9:30 AM PT.

Alexander 'The Mauler' Gustafsson fights in front of his Swedish faithful as he carries his four fight winning streak as he takes on heavy hitting Brazilian Thiago Silva.

Also, former WEC Light Heavyweight champion 'The All-American' Brian Stann takes on heavy hitting Italian 'Legionarius' Alessio Sakara.

Fight Card
    Preliminary card (Facebook)
    Featherweight bout: Jason Young vs. Eric Wisely
    Welterweight bout: Simeon Thoresen vs. Besam Yousef
    Lightweight bout: Reza Madadi vs. Yoislandy Izquierdo
    Middleweight bout: Francis Carmont vs. Magnus Cedenblad
    Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabate vs. Tom DeBlass
    Welterweight bout: Papy Abedi vs. James Head

Main card
    Bantamweight bout: Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page
    Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
    Featherweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Diego Nunes
    Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
    Middleweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara
    Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Thiago Silva

Notes:
    - Diego Nunes replaces Ultimate Fighter Season 9 Lightweight tournament winner Ross 'The Real Deal' Pearson
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27113/dieg...-fuel-tv-2.mma

- Eric Wisely replaced Akira Corassani when Corassani withdrew due to injury.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27489/youn...v-2-lineup.mma

- Thiago Silva replaced PRIDE FC veteran Antônio Rogério 'Little Nog/Minotouro' Nogueira when Little Nog withdrew due to injury.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27744/silv...-fuel-tv-2.mma

- Tom DeBlass replaced Jorgen Kruth when Kruth withdrew due to injury.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28100/tom-...-fuel-tv-2.mma

Weigh-Ins
    Friday April 13, 2012 at 10 AM ET/7 AM PT on Fuel TV

UFC on Fuel TV 2: Gustafsson vs. Silva Preview
    Facebook Prelims:
    Part 1: http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/293...lva-sweden-mma
    Part 2: http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/10/29...n-vs-silva-mma
    Main Card: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...ain-Card-41695

BB55's Picks (Picks in Bold.)
    Fight Card
    Featherweight bout: Jason Young vs. Eric Wisely
    Welterweight bout: Simeon Thoresen vs. Besam Yousef
    Lightweight bout: Reza Madadi vs. Yoislandy Izquierdo
    Middleweight bout: Francis Carmont vs. Magnus Cedenblad
    Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabate vs. Tom DeBlass
    Welterweight bout: Papy Abedi vs. James Head

Main card
    Bantamweight bout: Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page
    Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
    Featherweight bout: Dennis Siver vs. Diego Nunes
    Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
    Middleweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara
    Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Thiago Silva

Card overview:
    - Will it be Sweden's night as the Ultimate Fighting Championship makes their Swedish debut?
    Alexander 'The Mauler' Gustafsson is riding a four-fight winning streak and is looking to continue his climb up the UFC Light Heavyweight ladder for a future title shot. Gustafsson has shown that he can be a well-rounded fighter with all four wins coming via finish whether it's via (T)KO over Matt 'The Hammer' Hamill and Vladimir 'The Janitor' Matyushenko or via submission tapout in James Te Huna and Cyrille Diabaté.

Thiago Silva is a raging bull who can end the fight with one blow. Fortunately for the Swede, the Brazilian hasn't been inside the Octagon since his no-contest ruling after his fight against Brandon 'The Truth' Vera last year due to a forged urine sample in his drug test.

Silva has nothing to lose, but with a long layoff, a rising star with a lot of momentum and the raucous crowd inside Stockholm's Ericsson Globe Arena, it could be a long night for the Brazilian.

- One of the fights that can steal the show is former WEC Light Heavyweight champion 'The All-American' Brian Stann taking on 'Legionarius' Alessio Sakara. Both like to stand and trade on the feet.

- Another fight that has all-offense written all over it is Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page where the winner can raise their stock in the UFC Bantamweight Division.

- And Dennis Siver and Diego Nunes is another fight to watch for 'Fight of the Night.' Siver is well-rounded and is making his featherweight debut. However, Nunes is also well-rounded, but the more technical, tenacious and elusive of the two.

- Finally, will fellow Swede fighters Besam Yousef, Magnus Cedenblad and Papy Abedi also get wins in front of the Stockholm faithful?

BB55's Bonus Honor Picks
    Fight of the Night: Brad Pickett vs. Damacio Page
    Submission of the Night: Diego Nunes
    Knockout of the Night: Brian Stann

Betting Odds
    http://www.mmabettingblog.com/2012/0...go-silva-odds/

Weigh-In Results
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28219/ufc-...in-results.mma

The UFC on FUEL TV 2 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (FUEL TV)
    Alexander Gustafsson (205) vs. Thiago Silva (205)
    Alessio Sakara (186) vs. Brian Stann (185)
    Siyar Bahadurzada (170) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)
    Diego Nunes (146) vs. Dennis Siver (145)
    DaMarques Johnson (171) vs. John Maguire (170)
    Damacio Page (135) vs. Brad Pickett (136)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
    Papy Abedi (171) vs. James Head (170)
    Tom DeBlass (205) vs. Cyrille Diabate (206)
    Francis Carmont (186) vs. Magnus Cedenblad (185)
    Yoislandy Izquierdo (155) vs. Reza Madadi (155)
    Simeon Thoresen (170) vs. Besam Yousef (170)
    Jason Young (145) vs. Eric Wisely (145)

UFC on Fuel TV 2: Gustafsson vs. Silva - Live Play-By-Play and Results
    (Note: All Facebook Prelims hidden.)
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-on-fuel...lay-ufc-sweden

Main Card (on Fuel TV):
    -Alexander Gustafsson def. Thiago Silva by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
    -Brian Stann def. Alessio Sakara by KO at 2:26, R1
    -Siyar Bahadurzada def. Paulo Thiago by KO at :42, R1
    -Dennis Siver def. Diego Nunes by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
    -John Maguire def. DaMarques Johnson by submission (arm bar) at 4:40, R2
    -Brad Pickett def. Damacio Page by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:05, R2

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook):
    -James Head def. Papy Abedi by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:33, R1
    -Cyrille Diabaté def. Tom DeBlass by majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)
    -Francis Carmont def. Magnus Cedenblad by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:42, R2
    -Reza Madadi def. Yoislandy Izquierdo by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:36, R2
    -Simeon Thoresen def. Besam Yousef by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:36, R2
    -Jason Young def. Eric Wisely by unanimous decision (30-28 29-28, 29-28
    Last edited by BroadwayBomber55; 04-14-12 at 10:02 PM.

Attention MMA fans:

One current Jackson submission fighting camp mixed martial artist and one former Jackson submission fighting camp MMA fighter battle each other for the UFC Light Heavyweight title.

It's UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans Live from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA only on pay-per-view at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT with UFC 145 Prelims Live on FX at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT and UFC 145 Prelims Live on Facebook at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT.

Fresh off being the first UFC Light Heavyweight other than UFC Hall of Famer Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell to record 2+ successful title defenses, current UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon 'Bones' Jones will try to make it three successful defenses in a row as he takes on former Jackson submission fighting partner and former Ultimate Fighter Season 2 winner and UFC Light Heavyweight champion 'Sugar' Rashad Evans.

Fight Card
    Main card
    Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
    Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
    Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
    Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
    Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
    Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. John Alessio

Preliminary card (FX)
    Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
    Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
    Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero

Welterweight bout: Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements
    Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco

Notes:
    - Matt Wiman was expected to face Mark Bocek at this event, but was forced off the card with an injury and replaced by the returning John Alessio.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28096/john...at-ufc-145.mma

UFC Primetime: Jones vs. Evans
    Premiered April 7 on FX with Episode 2 on April 13 and Episode 3 on April 20
    http://network.yardbarker.com/mma/ar...on_fx/10500266
    Check local listings on FX and Fuel TV.

Countdown to UFC 145 on Fuel TV on April 17, 2012
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28281/remi...on-fuel-tv.mma

Weigh-Ins
    Friday April 20, 2012 at 4 PM ET/1 PM PT

Who you got between Jones and Suga BB55?
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans Preview
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...ain-Card-41939

BB55's Picks (Picks in Bold.)
    Fight Card
    Main card
    Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
    Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
    Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
    Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
    Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
    Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. John Alessio

Preliminary card (FX)
    Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
    Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
    Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero

Welterweight bout: Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements
    Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco

Card overview:
    - For Ultimate Fighter Season 2 Heavyweight winner and former UFC Light Heavyweight champion 'Suga' Rashad Evans and current UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon 'Bones' Jones, it is a war between two former partners in one of the best MMA camps in the world in Greg Jackson's submission fighting camps.
    In the standup, Evans is quick on his feet and has the power to knockout people like Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell and Forrest Griffin and a head kick KO on Sean Salmon, but Jones's 84.5-inch reach can keep Evans at bay and create distance. And if and when Evans does get inside, he can take a shot just like from Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida karate strikes something that Evans' chin didn't stand up when took on Machida.

In terms of wrestling, both are very accomplished wrestlers. But Jones' wrestling will be tested against Evan's style where Ultimate Fighter Season 8 winner Ryan 'Darth' Bader, 'The Janitor' Vladimir Matyushenko and Ultimate Fighter Season 3 alum Matt 'The Hammer' Hamill failed to do and that's get the takedown and be in top position.

Once the fight hits the ground, this is where it gets interesting. If Evans does get the takedown and does go in top position, we will see how 'Bones' fight off his back pinned to the canvas. Jones does have submission wins in his career over Bader, Machida and former PRIDE FC legend and UFC Light Heavyweight champion Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson and Evans doesn't have the ground and pound to finish off opponents. If it's in the inverse where Jones is on top position and Evans is on the bottom, it will be a nightmare for Evans as Jones has the nastiest ground and pound in MMA.

Another worry for Evans could be his conditioning. Evans has the quickness, but with injury layoffs and Jones being a cardio freak that he is despite going into the fourth round with Jackson, Evans's conditioning will be tested. Evans can get the fight back on the feet, but will his gas levels hold up if he goes back and forth with Jones from the feet to the canvas frequently?

- Some interesting fights in the rest of the card including a battle between two Ultimate Fighter winners in Season 6's Mac Danzig and Season 8's Efrain Escudero, Ultimate Fighter Season 10 alum Brendan 'The Hybrid' Schaub vs. 'Big' Ben Rothwell, Marcus Brimage vs Maximo Blanco and John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani.

BB55's Bonus Honor Picks
    Fight of the Night: John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
    Knockout of the Night: Maximo Blanco
    Submission of the Night: Rory MacDonald

UFC 145 Betting Odds
    http://www.mmabettingblog.com/2012/0...d-evans-odds/; http://www.mmabetting.net/mma-betting/; http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/18/29...sportsbook-mma

Weigh-In Results
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28318/ufc-...in-results.mma

The full UFC 145 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
    Champ Jon Jones (205) vs. Rashad Evans (204)
    Rory MacDonald (169.5) vs. Che Mills (170)
    Ben Rothwell (263) vs. Brendan Schaub (237)
    Michael McDonald (135) vs. Miguel Torres (135.5)
    Mark Hominick (145.5) vs. Eddie Yagin (144.5)
    John Alessio (155.5) vs. Mark Bocek (155)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
    Travis Browne (250) vs. Chad Griggs (228)
    Matt Brown (171) vs. Stephen Thompson (171)
    John Makdessi (158)* vs. Anthony Njokuani (156)
    Mac Danzig (155) vs. Efrain Escudero (156)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
    Chris Clements (169) vs. Keith Wisniewski (170.5)
    Maximo Blanco (146) vs. Marcus Brimage (145)

* - Surrenders 20 percent of purse as a fine
    Last edited by BroadwayBomber55; 04-21-12 at 01:45 AM.

Current UFC Heavyweight champion Junior 'Cigano' Dos Santos will make his first defense of his title, but it won't be against former Strikeforce and DREAM Heavyweight and K-1 World Grand Prix champion Alistair Overeem who failed a pre-fight drug test and has a hearing in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission panel.

Dana White pulled the Dutch mixed martial artist out of UFC 146 and in comes former UFC Heavyweight and interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir to take on Cigano.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/28352/alis...at-ufc-146.mma

Thread Information