+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Mixed Martial Arts - UFC, PRIDE FC, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55

The cast is terrible. How lame. Come on guys suck it up. Eli Joslin had to quit because of the cameras? Man, how the (bleep) can you get signed up for the show and have all this going for you then bitch out. Even if you cant handle it just hold it in and cry yourself to sleep and fight it out.

Another guy, Kenny Stevens, because of weight problems. Come on, a lot of guys including Rich 'Ace' Franklin were pulling for him to make weight and he quit. What a pathetic decision.

The show would have been a lot better with a fight at the end. The two guys who quit really hurt the premiere IMO. I hope the coming weeks are better but why did those two even sign up just to quit within the first couple of days? Horrible! The guy who got injured at least wanted to stay but with surgery needed he had to go. Bad break for him but at least he gave it a shot.

Rich Franklin and the others that helped the kid try and cut weight had every right to be pissed off. All they did was waste two days trying to help him and how does he repay them? He quits?

Best moment of the show was when Dana told that one fighter... You need to start dropping weight now. You're 190 pounds, need to drop 20 and you're what 4'3? I got a kick out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleG23
    The show would have been a lot better with a fight at the end. The two guys who quit really hurt the premiere IMO. I hope the coming weeks are better but why did those two even sign up just to quit within the first couple of days? Horrible! The guy who got injured at least wanted to stay but with surgery needed he had to go. Bad break for him but at least he gave it a shot.

Rich Franklin and the others that helped the kid try and cut weight had every right to be pissed off. All they did was waste two days trying to help him and how does he repay them? He quits?

Best moment of the show was when Dana told that one fighter... You need to start dropping weight now. You're 190 pounds, need to drop 20 and you're what 4'3? I got a kick out of that.
    I watched the show for the fights and the UFC Ring Girls.

The 4' 3" segment was hilarious.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by danvitale
    Didnt Bobby Southworth (spelling?) have to cut over 20lbs to make weight for one of his TUF1 fights?

I'll have to start downloading the episodes. We wont get TUF2 here for a few months at least.
    Yes, Bobby Southworth had to lose 20 lbs. before he had to fight Lodune Sincaid.
    Last edited by BroadwayBomber55; 08-27-05 at 05:02 PM.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Frank Trigg and Ivan Salaverry have been released by the UFC, with maybe Matt Lindland to follow.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=504&zoneid=13

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by danvitale
    Frank Trigg and Ivan Salaverry have been released by the UFC, with maybe Matt Lindland to follow.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=504&zoneid=13
    Trigg lost every fight I saw him have in the UFC. Of course he was fighting Matt Hughes, and St. Pierre so at least he lost to some of the best. It's too bad he got cut, but they do have a lot of the new Ultimate Fighter guys coming in so maybe they need to make some room on the roster.

Okay my fellow MMA fans:

Here are the results from PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 via Sherdog.com

1 Kazuhiro Nakamura defeats Igor Vovchanchyn via Decision (Unaminous) 5:00 Round 2

2 Ricardo Arona d. Wanderlei Silva via Decision (Unaminous) 5:00 Round 2

3 Mauricio Rua d. Alistair Overeem via TKO (Strikes) 6:42 Round 1

4 Fabricio Werdum d. Roman Zentsov via Submision (Triangle Armbar) 6:01 Round 1

5 Hidehiko Yoshida d. David "Tank" Abbott via Submission (Choke) 7:40 Round 1

6 Fedor Emelianenko d. Mirko Filipovic via Decision (Unaminous) 5:00 Round 3

7 Mauricio Rua d. Ricardo Arona via KO (Strikes) 2:54 Round 1 Rua wins the Middleweight Tournament

Here's the play by play of PRIDE Final Conflict 2005 Fight by Fight

Fight 1: Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Igor Vovchanchyn

Now the fighters for the first match are being introduced: a Nakamura video is rolling. Some excerpts from his match against Wandy, great standup there. Nak appears and says that regarding his KO by Silva he didn´t even understand what happened. He grins and rubs his forehead. What a character. He´s been training with Mark Hunt. I didn´t know that.

Really cool song is playing...reminds me of epic metal minus the drums. Vovchanchyn is entering .
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiigoooooooo Vovchaaaaaaanchyn ( squeaky girl hasn´t got a sore throat tonight that´s for sure)
    Igor walks towards the ring.

Ref checks Igor, gives him the OK. He removes his shirt, enters the ring and salutes the crowd. The lights dim, Nak will be introduced now. Some odd mix of Japanese music and techno.
    "In the red corner...from Japaaaan.... Kaaaazuuuuuuheeeeeerooooooo Naaaaakaaaaamuuuuuraaaaa. Syllable by syllable. Heh. Nak walks towards the ring in a blue gi. Looks relaxed. We shall see.

Nak removes the top of his gi on the way to the ring. Ref checks him, gives the OK. Nak removes the bottom of the gi, He´s wearing shorts. Jumps over the ropes and enters the ring. It´s about to start. Lights are on announcer is speaking.

The ref introduces both to the crowd. Nak has some sort of skin colored patch on his back. The walk towards the middle of the ring. Ref explains the rules. Both look down, touch gloves and go to their corner. No big staredown, no animosity here.
    It starts.

The circle a bit, Nak keeps his hands high, Nalk shoots Igor jumps back Nal lies down on his back. Igor jumps on jim and passes his guard. Gets sidemount.

Igor edlivers knees to Nak´s ribs. Goes for the mount but Nak gets half guard, they are next to the rops. Igor gives some punches from his position but they don´t hurt much. Nak grabs Igor´s torso as Igor fights to push him down. Nak grabs Igor´s left arm, the ref interrupts they go to the middle to resume.

Igor is in Nak´s half guard still. Nak clinches and they stay at it. Igor delivers some punches to Nak´s ribs, nothing big. Some more punches. Now to the head. Ribs again. Nak bridges, Great sweep Nak goes to Igor´s guard. Damn great sweep.

They stand up and go to the middle. Nak is in Igor´s closed guard. Igor controls his arms. some hammers to the head no big deal. Nak punishes Igor´s ribs. Places some pressure. Nak stands up and Igor opens the guard, Igor goes for the kneebar but no game. Back to Igor´s guard

Nak stands up but goes back down he stands up now holds Igpr´s feet, Igor gets up they are standip up now.

Nak hits Igor with a great left, Igor goes for the clinch, takes him down, is working to get sidemount but gets half guard

Igor punches Nak a bit to the face, Igor has a great base, pushes Nak down Nak wants to stay close. Shrimps but Igor is tight, some knees to the ribs.

Igor punished Nak´s ribs with some punches, Gets up Nak goes for the heel HOOK DAMN HE ALMOST GOT IT Igor stands up and passes Nak´s guard AGAIN and gets sidemount now

Igor mounts Nak gives his back and the sweeps him and is now in Igor´s guard...works his way to half-guard, lots of half-guard in the fight. They roll around Nak reversed to sidemount

Nak works UIgor´s arms, stays tight. Punches Igor a bit but weakly. Igor holds Naks´left knee so as to avoid blows. Nak is really right but not doing much

Nak gets the mount but Igor has him clinched tight!!!!
    Goes back to sidemount Nak is not being able to keep positions. Nak attempts a keylock but Igor bridges and Nak ends in Igor´s halfguard. Nak gets the mount AGAIN.

Nak goes for the armbar but Igor slips out and gets up REAL FAST, goes to Nak´s guard. Nak opens his guard, Igor tries to pass, end of first round.

Second round begins. Igor jabs a bit, Nak attacks Igor knees and punches but Nak moves back. They circle Nak shoots but Igor is fast and moves sideways then gets the back, then the mount. Spreads his legs and arms, gets a stable mount and now ounches Nak´s ribs as Nak clinches to him

Nak rolls on his back grabs Igor´s leg then sweeps him and is in Igor´s guard. He punches a bit their heads are next to the ropes. Igor has Nak clinched, the ref interrupts they are moved to the middle.

Nak stands on both feet and pounds away, great punches, Igor opens the guard and Nak passes . Igor has half guard. Nak passes the leg goes to sidemount, clinhces Igor´s head tight. Goes to 69

NAK HAS A KIMURA TIGHT BUT IGOR HOLDS HIS ARM WITH HIS THIGH, Damn Nak slips it but Igor stretches his arm

Vov sweeps Nak and goes to his guard. Nak has him in his oipen guard. Closes it, holds Igor´s head.
    Vov punches Nak´s ribs.

Nak stalls, the ref stands them up they will resume from standup. Igor hitsd with a one two Nak shoots Igor goes over him gets halfguard.

Nak´s shots have all been dodged by Igor. Igor punches Nak´s ribs. End of seconds round.
    So far, I´d say Nak has won the second round, the first is split IMO.

The fight is over. First ref Nakamura. Second Ref Nakamura, Third Nakamura.
    Nakamura wins by unanimous decision!

Fight #2: Wanderlei Silva vs. Ricardo Arona. Middleweight Tournament First Semi-Final

An introductory video is being shown. Chute boxe. Wandy training. SAku is shwon too!!! Ha Wandy and Sak training together with focus mitts. That´s cool.

Wandy says that he like Sakuraba and respects his "posture" a lot.
    He says their relationship has always been one of respect and friendship.

Now a video of Arona. Shows arona kneeing Sak. and Sak leaving. Shows Wandy saying that Arona had that fight dominated that he didn´t need to thumb Saku. Ouch. Shows Arona saying that this is PRIDE GP , he is not worried about a pretty fight, but about winning.

Some more images of fights of both of them

The announcer is in the ring. The lights dim, a portuguese song is played. " Guerreiro guerreiro ( Warrior warrior)" really slow.It´s a rap, good one too. Arona walks in looks focused and looks mean. Damn Ive never seen him like this. He walks to the ring, looks focused, looks huge.

A guy in his entourage carries a flag or Israel. Another a flag of Brazil. Ref checks him, gives the OK. Arona makes the sign of the cross, and enters the ring.

Arona enters the ring and kneels. The announcer says WAnderlei Silva and the crowd goes wild. Sandstorm starts playing, Wandy is entering. He´s got his belt on his shoulder, his belt says SAKU. that is SO FREAKIN COOL. Is that Saku as in Sakuraba?
    "Wanderleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei Silvaaaaaaaaaa" Crowd goes crazy. Wandy walks to the ring

Wandy spins on his heel, lights are on they walk to the middle of the ring. Ref announces Arona and Wandy. They stare at each other from the opposite sides not love lost here. WAndy warms up his wrists. They walk to the middle, badass faceoff, Wandy looks like he´s gonna kill Arona, Arona looks cool. This will rule

It starts, the stand in front of each other. Arona´s chin is not so much out there. Wandy kicks lightly but misses. No big deal. Kicks again, no biggie. They stand in front of each other. Another kick. Arona fakes a shot twice.

Wandy hits a one to but does not hit. They stand nothing much yet. Arona inches closer probably looking for a shot, Wandy kicks his inner thigh lightly again and again.

Arona runs in a nd punches but Wandy dodges. Interesting, Arona attacking with a punch. Arona´s chin is out there Wandy hits with another one two. In both times his fists were too close to Arona´s chin. Arona kicks wandy´s leg.

Wandy goes down arona goes to his guad what a kick by arona. Arona is in wandys guard pushes him and punches away to wandy´s ribs. bad place for wandy . I got a couple of sever too busy guys easy on the refreshing. Arona punches Wandy from the guard, Wandy punches back. They go to the middle of the ring Im taking long to post because the server is busy rona punches Wandy HARD in the face from Wandy´s guard. I got server busy 13 times now this is becoming difficult please go easy on the refreshing fellas. Aroa in Wandys´s gurad. Arona is trying to open Wandy´s guard . The ref makes them stand up. Lots of points for Arona and Wandy gets yellow carded for stalling!
    Arona shoots and Wandy knees him but Wandy falls again and Arona goes to his guard! Hard punches from Arona in Wandyps guard, Wandy stalls again. ARona his wandy in the face, ARona gets on his geet and punches Away. Wandy keeps the guard closed and doesnt do much, while Arone punches away, Wandy is losing badly so far.
    Arona in Wandy´s guard, moving and punching. Wanderlei stalls. They stand up again. The round ends

The second round is about to start. Arona won the first round. They stand in front of each other, Wanderlei fackes a kick Arona jumps back. They stand. Arona kicks Wandy tries to punch Aronas chin but Arona moves back. Wandy is crazy to KO Arona. Arona is playing it safe because he has a great advantage from the first round. Rome kicks from Wandy to the inner thigh, all light. Arona hits Wandy with a stron gright. Crowd gasps, Wandy goes with a combo takes arone to the corner arona hits a knee an dwnady goes back. They go back to the middle, stand in fron of each other. Wandy´s coach says " now kick his ass wand". Wandy with the inner thigh kicks. The crowd starts to shout SILVA SILVA.
    Lots of Server is Busy happening. Please fellas easy on the refreshening otherwise there will be nothing to refresh to. Wandy and Arona stand but nothing much happens. Ref calls a timeout and both fighters get yellow cared. ARona shoots for a clinch Wanderlei´s punches miss and Arona takes him down, Arona in Wandy´s guard smashing away. They are near the ropes the ref takes them to the middle. REstars they punch each other. ARona punishes Wandy a lot. Hammers Wandy´s face with both hands. WAndy can´t do much Arona slams WILDLY onto wanderlei, the bell rings, Arona taunts wanderlei Wandy gets up and goes to him as if saying " what the hell man". Fight is over, Arona most likely won by decision

First Ref Arona, Second Ref Arona. Third Ref Arona.
    Arona wins by UD.

Fight #3: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (Brazil) vs. Alistair Overeem (Holland) 2nd Semifinal

Both of them are shown in the introductory video.

First one to come in. Some music that sounds like Enya, really peacful like, this doesn´t even seem like a fighting tournament if you judge by most fighters´ entrance music. Ah, it turns into techno as Alistair rises. I would like to take advantage of this to state that I think Alistair Overeem will win. A fine ass chick waves a flag in front of him which I can only assume is the dutch flag as he walks towards the ring.

Alistair reaches the ring, as Shogun´s entrance begins. Some nice techno, Shogun has something of asheepish smile on his face. Now he looks serious. It wouldn´t be a leap to think that he´s pissed at Wandy having just lost and probably wants to fight harder to take the title to Chute Boxe.
    He walks to the ring, ref gives his OK.

The announcer reads their names. overeem, now shogun. They go to the center, the ref explains the rules. Shogun warms up his neck, OVereem stares at shogun. They retreat to their corners and the bell rings. Overem is wearing a strange skirt. Al takes Shougn doen with a trip from the clinch, gets sidemount and attempts a guillotine. He´s not Igor, Overeem. Overeem attacks, Shougn punches, Overeem trips Shogun and takes him down again. Overeem is in Shoguns half guard. Overeem gets up and holds his feet then pounds down. Shogun grabs his heel. Overeem gets up and knees him a couple times. They clinch Shogun is on the ropes getting kneed. Overeem takes shogun down AGAIN with a trip a nd gets Shogun on all fours. knees to the head. DAmn OVereem is owning shogun

They get up again Shogun shoots Al sprawls and threatens the guilloting again. They clingh and Al hits with knees. They spend a lot of time in the clinch, Alistair gets shogun on all fours PULLS THE GUILLOTINE PULLS GUARD HOLY CRAP THAT WAS ALMOST THERE. Shogun in al´s halfguard. damn that was close to a guillotine

Alistair is tired, they get up clinch Shogun his tome punches, AListair is gassed. Shogun almost gets his back but gets sidemount, tried a kimura but doesnt work. Shogun gets up alistair holds his heel and gets soccer kicked. He is holding shoguns heel, very tired, shougn heels Alistairs head, al takes him down shougn in als guard. Alistair clearly very tired, he was owning the match now shougn is in his half guard. Shogun passea s and gets sidemount. He gets mount and starts puinching ali rolls shogun punches and punches and overeem is losing strength shougn punches away h overeem cant do anything just covers his face. Shogun punches away puts his knee on alistair´s arm punchesa way the ref stops. Shogun by TKO EXCELLENT MATCH
    Al gassed and lost. Now it´s arona and shogun great final.

Fight #4: Fabricio Werdum (Brazil/Spain) vs. Roman Zentsov (Russia)

Introductory video is shown. Some images from past matches and images of both training with their respective champs: Werdum and Crocop and Zentsov and Fedor.

The announcer is in the middle of the ring. Ok so I was wrong, Alistair lost, but what the hell I´ve never seen anyone gas so fast. Lights are dimmed....Again with the slow music...some piano playing. First one in is Roman Zentsov. He´s wearing a shirt with RUSSIAN POWER written on it.

Some music plays, FAbricio Werdum rises and makes his way to the ring. The announcer speaks their names. They go to the middle of the ring. They go back the bell rings and they start. Roman moves very well he is offensive, Throws a right Werdum shoots low and takes him down. Rolls and gets a mount on roman Roman´s head is near the corner. The ref makes them go to the middle of the ring. Roman clinches WErdum who stabilizes and starts pushing Roman´s head down

Roman bridges and rolls into WErdum´s guard. Great sweep. They clinch and stay tight on the ground, Roman does not strike much as Werdum ties his arms and head very well.

Roman gets up and rolls hem gets him on all fours but WErdum gets up. Roman gets a headlock and takes him down, Werdum falls on sidemount and slaps aon a kimura. Roman holds his shorts as werdum moves to north south to tighten it. Werdom gives up on the kimura and quickly mounts. Starts punching Roman´s ribs, Roman rolls and gives his back Werdum gets the hooks in but Roman rolls and gets into Werdum´s guard again

HOLY TOLEDO CRAP ROMAN TRIES TO GET UP WERDUM SLAPS ON A TRIANGLE ITS OVER

................ THAT WAS FAST

WERDUM BY SUBMISSION, TRIANGLE

Werdum ruled the floor, clinched very well from his guard, Roman couldn´t do much. The first mistake he made in Werdum´s guard was punished with one of the slickest triangles I´ve ever seen. Quick tap, Damn. Impressive.

Werdum leaves the ring and walks and talks to the crowd. He´s got a big smile on his face, Sends a big hug to the people of Porto Alegre, Brazil.
    Now there is a bunch of extremely hot chicks on the ring. Damn. PRIDE ring girls are the real deal.

The next three fights will not last 2, but 3 rounds. First round lasts 10 minutes, the second and third 5 minutes. The announcers are going back to their places, I expect the next fight to be announced anytime soon.

Interval is over. Tank vs Yoshida introduction video is shown.
    Tank : " It´s not much fun beating up people in the gym so...."

Fight #5: David "Tank" Abbott (USA) vs. Hidehiko Yoshida (Japan)

The announcer goes to the middle of the ring. Announces Tank Abbott. Lights dim. Cool techno song, seems heavymetal-ish. Tank abbott comes up, his head bobbing. He looks mean, shakes his head and walks to the ring. He walks like a bouncer. I´ve seen some pretty mean looks tonight, but this one is the meanest bar none. Arona comes in at second. Ref checks Tank and gives him the OK. Tank takes off his shirt, and climbs into the ring.

The announcer says Yoshida. Lights dim, some japanese rock plays as Yoshi rises. He looks pretty nervous. He´s wearing a white gi. Jesus the announcer sounds like she´s been impaled with a barbed spear " Heeeeeeedaaaaaaaayheeeeeeeeeeekoooooooww w Yooooowshiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". Yoshi walks to the ring, ref checks him, gives the OK. Yoshi touches fist with Nakamura takes a few deep breaths and climbs into the ring.

Announcer presents Tank. Tank has a beer gut and looks mean. Yoshi hops in place a bit, no surprise he´s going to fight in his gi. The crowd applauds when he is announced. They go to the middle, ref explains the rules. No staredown, they go to their corners. It´s gonna start

They stand up , abbott jabs yoshi kicks abbot in the HEAD abbott blocks it and takes yoshi down. Abbott is in yoshi´s guard. Abbott gets on both feet but lies back down as yoshi tries to hook his leg. Yoshi is controlling Tank´s arms Yoshi has one leg on Tank´s shoulder but can´t triangle because Tank´s arm is too tight. Tank goes into Yoshi´s guard and is exerting pressure on yoshi , Yoshi opens the guard and pushes his feet into Tank´s hips.

Tank wants ot get up but can´t Yoshida has a very tight control of his right arm. his glove can´t get through Youshi´s tight grasp plus the gi friction. The ref makes them to the middle. On a replay I see that Yoshi´s high kick connected but it was too weak. Tank tries to get up and Yoshi tries to slap on a triangle. Tank is not too used to not having a corner in which he can pound away. Yoshi has tank in a triangle position but tank is pressing him and TANK PASSES GUARD and goes to sidemount who´d have guessed

Yoshi gets Tank back in his guard with great hip shrimping. Tank is basically pushing against Yoshi and Yoshi can´t do much. The ref takes them to the middle. They restart with tank in yoshi´s guard Tank throws punches to Yoshi´s ribs as yoshi tries to scoot out. Excellent control of Tank´s arm by yoshida which allows him to use an open guard. Tank cant free his arm and thus the fight remains stalled.

Tank presses on Yoshida. The ref separates them and makes them stand up. Yellow card to both, the japanese clap. Tank throws a punch but it doesnt hit Yoshida punches tank and tank feels it Tank tries to shoot but Yoshi sprwals and has Tanks neck as tank grasps his leg. Tank on all fours, Yoshi delivers knees to Tank´s head. Tank can´t do much and covers his head. Yoshi goes to Tank´s back and gets hooks it. Chokes Tank Abott out with the sleeve of his Gi.

Yoshida by submission Round 1

Yoshida delivers a speech, he thanks the crowd, says he trained hards, says he´ll train harder , says that he believes he can become champion. The crowd cheers.

Fight #6: Champion Fedor Emelianenko (Russia) vs. Challenger Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (Croatia) - PRIDE World Heavyweight Championship

Cut to a reporter showing mirko at his warmup area. Crowd cheers. Mirko seems tense. She says Mirko talked to her and said he will try to finish the fight as quickly as possibly.
    Cut to another reporter on FEdor´s locker room. Fedor seems nervous too, I´ve never seen him like this. She says she spoke to him and he said he knows mirko is fast and strong and he will do his best.

Introduction video , background music is theme from Terminator 2. Kickass music. Images from a war ridden Croatia, and a young mirko. Mirko training. Highlights from his career as far back as 1991.
    His challenge to Fedor last round. Now video shows Fedor GnPing a lot of people. Mirko losing to Nog. Randleman KOing Mirko. Crocop KOing Aleks. Fedor saying " stop".
    Mirko and Fedor signing the contract.

Fight introduction. Announcer is in the ring. This is it man, holy ................ my legs are shaking. Announcer says Mirko, Mirko´s kickass entrance music. Crowd clapping with the music. Crocop fans going wild.
    Mirko rises, he looks serious, but somewhat nervous. Fair enough to me he´s going to fight Fedor Emelianenko. He seems really focused, opens his arms and walks to the ring. Wow, Mirko looks really REALLY focused. He doesn´t even have that arrogant look. Ref checks him, ah there´s that arrogant look right there. Mirko enters the ring and lifts his right arm. The crowd cheers. He´s pacing a bit.
    The ref announces Fedor as the music starts

FEdor rises, he looks calm he has the same look as Mirko. Somewhat nervous. I ................ you not you will see this for yourselves. He walks very slowly towards the ring. Mirko drinks some water, spits some out. Fedor takes off his sweatpants and shirt,and climbs into the ring. Lifts his right arm, crowd cheers. Song ends, announcer begins to talk

The announcer states that the national anthems will be played. Ah, what the heck, I´ve waited this long I´ll live through 5 minutes of marching band. Mirko has the flag around his neck and over his shoulders. Doesn´t look nervous anymore. The anthem ends.
    Now the Russian anthem will begin.

Fedor looks calm too as the anthem plays. Let me remind you to not refresh the page too much as there are many people eager for this. The ring is emptied as the crowd cheers loudly. Takada goes to the center of the ring.
    Takada states the rules regarding ownership of the belt: the winner of the match will have the belt and earn or keep the title of World Heavyweight Champion of PRIDE. Even they have to bring out all sorts of documents just to believe this is actually happening and who can blame them.

The ref explains the rules, the tap gloves and go to their corners. The crowd cheers, the bell rings it´s on. They circle Fedor moves forward Mirko circles aroun the ring as fedor has the middle Fedor throws a punch that mirko dodges and licnhes but mirko gets away. Croco pkicks but fedor blocks FEdor lunges forward and tris a left but mirko dodges. Another series of punches Mirko jabs and hits fedor.
    The circle, they are both ver fast. FEdor kicks low mirko punches back but misses. Fedor has the center of the ring , Crocop doesn´t want to stay near him.

Crocop kicks and Fedor SHOOTS LOW Mirko dodges!! Fedor falls out of the ring but grabs onto the ropes. fedor hits very hard, they are trading evenly. FEdor kicks low, they circle FEdor mostly stayin in the center as mirko circles they trade Mirko punches fedor, Fedor throws a hay maker HOLY CRAP FEDOR LEFT HICK KICK BUT IT SLIPPED CROCOP FALLS THEY ARE DOWN. FEDOR´S FACE IS BLEEDING, from the kick I think. the nose is bleeding
    REF STOPS THE FIGHT TO CHECK ON FEDOR they restart in the middle, fedor in Crocop´s guard. Fedor punches a bit this is fedor´s big chance. Fedor gets up and jumps down punching Crocop has excellent control Fedor gets up and falls down punching again, his nose is bleedng a lot, the fight is stopped to check the nose. the fight will continue

they restart fedor in crocop´s guard, fedor gets up and crocop hits with his heels but fedor has very quick hands and punches back too Fedor getting up and crocop punches fedor goes to north south!!! fedor has north south goes for the mount but mirko pushes him off and gets the guard back

fedor back in crocop´s guard

Fedor punches a bit, when he gets up crocop hits with his heels but fedor blocks the heels very well. Fedor is bleeding a lot all over crocop. He lands one good left on crocop´s chin from the guard the sounds was loud but crocop didn´t feel it.
    end of first round

Round 2 begins, they trade, fedor hits great hooks from the clinch. Fedor HITS A RIGHT HIGH KICK THAT MIRKO BLOCKS, thats ironic. Fedor in the center, mirk circling, crocop hits a hard kick to fedor´s stomach, left high kick but fedor ducks. they trade, crocop clinches, fedor pushes him away. they clinch again, crocop against the ropes. They separate and fedor lands a great punch on crocop. Crocop seems to be getting tired. Fedor lunges and tries a left hook but crocop ducks . they trade. fedor´s standup is very well against crocop! they clinch, fedor lands a knee. crocop is backingup and fedor is advancing more. They clinch again they go down crocop has fedor in his guard.

FEdor in crocop´s guard, they clinch mostly, they are both tired FEdor gets up and punche smirko´s face twice. mirko heels him fedor goes down and passes the guard, goes to sidemount tries the mount but mirko pushes him away. it seems damn near impossible to mount mirko, he gets fedor in his guard again. they clinch for a while

Still clinching, fedor punches weakly on fedor´s head end of round.

I´m gonna type and refresh at the most five times. if it doesnt go in these five times ill just forget about it and skip that part of the fight. So refresh less or miss the fight, im tired of busy servers.
    FEdor was much more agressive this round.

Both are in their corners, fedor´s nose has stopped bleeding. he hops a bit in his corner. Thrid round will begin. Fedor kicks low fedor is ounching hard on crocop´s head. Fedor lands a low kick to crocop´s stomach. Crocop is very tired and passive. They clincha nd go down, fedor is in crocops guard. FEdor hits his head a bit to earn points with the judges, fedor gets back and punches fedor in the head. The ref makes them go to the middle, they were too close to the ropes. FEdor lies on crocop´s torso then rears and delivers some surprise lefts. Crocop is defensive and passive while fedor FEDOR GETS UP CROCOP GRABS HIS ARM BUT FEDOR scoots sideways and punches crocop repeatedly on the head. Fedor goes back and punches crocop in the face a lot. Fedor gets up and comes down pounding again. rocop merely holds him

The ref stands them up, fedor is very afressive he punches, clinches mirko and takes him down with an o uchi gari. Again in crocop´s guard, taking his time, pikcing his punches, he gets up crocop pushes fedor´up with his heels but fedor moves and falls back in his guard Crocop gets a triangle position a couple times but is not able to capitalize on it on fedor. Mirko cant do much, fedor punches him on the ribs, the ref makes them stand up again

Mirko kicks a feeble left kick to the body he is very tired. He tries a left hook to fedor´s head fedor dodges. edor is agressive walks towareds mirko punching away and mirko just backs up and defends. they go down, fedor in mirko´s guard, fedor punches him . the bell rings.

Fedor Emelianenko most likely wins by unanimous decision, hold for official result

1st ref Fedor 2nd ref Fedor 3rd ref Fedor Fedor wins by UD

Crocop did not do half of what was expected of him. Is there noone capable of matching up against Fedor? Crocop leaves the Arena, there´s an ovation but he doesn´t look too happy at all.
    Takada reads the contract and awards the trophy and check to Fedor.

Fight #7 - Middleweight GP Final - Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (Brazil) v. Ricardo Arona (Brazil)

Takada announces the final match. The Middleweight GP Final. Takada: "It is hard to know who will win because both fighters are very strong, one is very strong on the ground and the other is very strong on his feet. I sincerely don´t know. Both are very vigorous and will make for a sensational match.

Cut to reporter in the locker room, Shogun is smiling with the chute boxe guys, he seems relaxed. Wand is nowhere near, he´s not around. Shogun seems pretty calm. Cut to other reporter: Arona and the BTT guys are sitting down arona has a towel around his head he is just sitting there, looking forwards. Arona looks focused.
    I would bet Arona wins this GP. The lights dim, entrance time.

Announcer is in the center of the ring. Music starts, yep we´ve heard this before. Mauricio Shogun is first.
    In the blue corner, from Br-r-r-r-razil, Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauriiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccioooooooooooooooo oooooo Shoguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun ( ha she took a breath during his first name I knew it, she´s human. Or he, or it.)
    He looks pretty psyched, lots of pressure on the kid but he looks good. Teammates with him, walks towards the ring very quickly. WAnderlei is there, next to the ring, Shogun climbs into the ring and spins on his heel. Takes off his shirt as the lights dim for Arona´s entrance.

Again that cool "Guerreiro" Rap. This song is damn cool. Arona rises, same mean look, Jesus I gotta say this. This GP is over, Arona has won. From this guy´s look I ................ you not Shogun is going to have to work hard to get out of there alive. This is just me, but the fact is Arona looks as ready as I´ve every seen anyone be. Does anyone know if Arona is a jewish name? There´s someone carrying the israeli flah and soemone else with the Brazilian flag.
    Arona is checked by the ref, OK, climbs into the ring.

Brazilian national anthem. At least they´ll save time since it´ll only have to be played once OH HELL YEAH. Sorry, I had to say that.
    Arona holds his hand to his chest. Both Wand and Shogun have several purple bruises on their faces. Arona looks like he just came out of a health SPA. Still , Shogun is a badass this will be a great match.

TAkada is reading the document which states that this is the title bout, shakes both fighters´ hands as the ring is cleared for the fight. Both fighters are introduced. They go to the center of the ring. The ref explains the rules, no staredown, Shogun looks down.
    They go to their corners, the bell rings the fight starts.
    Shogun walks forwards, they stand in front of each other,Arona seems HUGE compared to shogun. shogun does a spinning kick then a jumping spinning kick. What the hell is this all about. They go down. Shogun gets arona in an omoplata but Arona escapes Shogun takes Arona down and stomps him DAMN HEAVY STOMP , he´s holding the ropes, Sgogun pounds arona on the ground they stand clinched, Arona gets kneed, shogun knees him twice. Arona has been hit quite a few times, he takes Shogun down clumsily. Shogun is attacking hard, they stand and clinch. shogun knees.

Arona tries to rest a bit on the clinch, Shogun really punished him, Shogun comes out very agressive in the beginnig arona falls back and takes shogun down in his guard. Shogun passes to arona´s half guard. Shogun passed to sidemount. elbopes arona´s robs and punches arona´s face, shogun very agressive. shogun to north south and knees then mounts then stands up jumps to stomp stomps aronas face then OH DAMN POUNDS ARONA IT´S OVER

KNOCKOUT

SHOGUN GP WINNER I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HOLY SH*T HOLY SH*T

SHOGUN IS THE DEVIL

Shogun wins, excellent fight, he totally dominated Arona. Wandy holds his hand up and says " HE´S THE CHAMPION DAMMIT, THE CHAMPION"

Shogun hit Arona very hard many times...Knees, stomps...the quintessential Chute Boxe ass kicking, so damn aggressive. Jesus, I´m impressed. Arona did nothing, Absolutely nothing.
    Shogun is the champ and deserved it.

NYYF Legend

Well, I watched the Pride event and it was quite good. First fight between Igor and the Japanese guy was boring. The Arona-Silva fight was okay - but it was a typical Arona fight. It was nice to finally see Silva lose.

Fedor is just the best fighter of all time. I refuse to believe that he is human - he has to be part machine. Just amazing.

The last fight was quite surprising with Shogun beating Arona. I had never watched Shogun fight until yesterday and was amazed. He's the real deal. Too bad Rampage found religion and no longer is the same mean fighter he once was.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

[QUOTE=JeffWeaverFan]
    Fedor is just the best fighter of all time. I refuse to believe that he is human - he has to be part machine. Just amazing.

[QUOTE]

Fedor Emelianenko is a monster in the ring.

Fedor is a solid all-around fighter. He can beat you via submission, ground-n-pound, standing up, etc. I like Fedor. He's one of my favorites.

If Fedor faces Andrei Arlovski, another of my favorite MMA fighters, the Pitbull will have his hands full.

Fedor is also a great guy.

I also like Cro Cop. Cro Cop has the sickest kick in MMA history, even more deadly than Petey Williams' kick against Mark Coleman in the UFC.

NYYF Legend

Fedor Emelianenko is a monster in the ring.

Fedor is a solid all-around fighter. He can beat you via submission, ground-n-pound, standing up, etc. I like Fedor. He's one of my favorites.

If Fedor faces Andrei Arlovski, another of my favorite MMA fighters, the Pitbull will have his hands full.

Fedor is also a great guy.

I also like Cro Cop. Cro Cop has the sickest kick in MMA history, even more deadly than Petey Williams' kick against Mark Coleman in the UFC.
    I think Fedor would dominate Arlovski. If Fedor could standup with Cro Cop and actually do better than Cro Cop, he definitely could with Arlovski. I just don't see this guy ever losing, until he is way past his prime.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

NYYF Cy Young

Anyone going to the next UFC PPV at the Mohegan Sun in CT on Oct.7th? Tickets range from $75-$350. Pretty expensive.

Has anyone been to a live event? Worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I think Fedor would dominate Arlovski. If Fedor could standup with Cro Cop and actually do better than Cro Cop, he definitely could with Arlovski. I just don't see this guy ever losing, until he is way past his prime.
    I saw Andrei Arlovski in the UFC. Joe Rogan said that he has good submission skills, but IMHO, The Pitbull is a textbook standup striker.

Fedor is more all-around than Arlovski.

According to Sherdog.com, Fedor is 12-0 in his PRIDE Matches.

NYYF Legend

According to Sherdog.com, Fedor is 12-0 in his PRIDE Matches.
    Yeah, and his one loss was on a cut. He is unbeatable.

The Ultimate Fighter 2 - Week 2 Recap via SpikeTV.com

Teams Are Picked
    The fighters leave the gym dejected from Dana’s speech questioning why they are in this competition and whether or not they have what it takes to make it. Having already lost three heavyweights, Dana decides to bring in an alternate. Dan Christison, an engineer from New Mexico, arrives at the house.

One of welterweights, Jorge Gurgel, goes down while sparring. He is forced to go see a physician who drains some fluid out of his knee. The prognosis is that his knee will only continue to get worse. Jorge is determined not to let his knee injury affect him in this competition and will continue on even if it means a complete knee replacement.

Back at the house, everyone is getting fed up with Melvin always talking about Melvin. Melvin has a mouth that doesn’t quit. In the evening the Coaches pay a visit to the Ultimate Fighter House to see how these guys behave when they’re not training.

Team selection day. Dana flips a coin and determines that coach Franklin gets to pick first. He selects Keith followed by Jorge. Coach Hughes picks Joe and Mike. The coaches continue to pick teams, alternating their selections, until Brad and Luke are the last two fighters chosen. Dana reminds everyone not to forget the goal – two six-figure contracts in the UFC.

The fighters arrive at Centennial Park for the first team challenge. They are surprised when Randy Couture shows up as the challenge coordinator. He explains that the welterweights are up for elimination this week. The object of the challenge is to capture the dummy -- a large heavy bag in the middle of a field -- and bring it back to their respective end zones. Team Hughes wins when Luke uses his grappling skills to hold onto more than one team Franklin fighter at once, allowing Josh to get the dummy to his end zone. As the winner, Team Hughes gets to decide the match-up

Team Hughes joins team Franklin at the Ultimate Fighter House and Dana announces that the fight will be Josh vs. Melvin. Josh tells everyone he picked Melvin to fight because of his claims that he was the best fighter in the house.

Fight day. Both fighters make their way to the UFC Training Center, focused and ready to fight. Both are intense in their warm up and are ready to get down to business as they enter the octagon.

As round one begins, both fighters prove their mettle, as they waste no time making contact. Melvin gets Josh in a guillotine choke and it looks like it might be over before it even gets started but Josh manages to slip out of the hold. Josh manages to pick Melvin up and drop him for some ground and pound. But before long Melvin catches him in another guillotine choke. Josh struggles to free himself, but the bell rings just in time and the round is over.

Round two produces the same results as Josh and Melvin trade kicks and punches. Melvin makes another attempt at a choke but fails. As the round ends, Rich tells Melvin that his only option now is to knock Josh out or he’s going home.

As round three progresses, Melvin tries to get Josh in another choke. But Josh takes him to the ground again. Melvin struggles and gets out from underneath Josh. But before he can trade any effective punches, the fight is over. Josh wins by unanimous decision, but gives Melvin credit for being a lot stronger than he anticipated. He even hurt his arm while blocking one of Melvin’s kicks. And to Josh’s credit, Melvin broke his hand during the second round when Josh threw up his elbow to block. Melvin humbly admits that he froze a little bit upon entering the ring. After the fight, with his ego in check, Melvin leaves the UFC Training Center a bit wiser.

The Ultimate Fighter 2 - Week 2 Broadway's Post-Mortem

What a great episode. Jorge Gurgel is a badass dude. He is the type of fighter that I like. Works through some injuries and hangs in there. Holy toledo, he's hanging in there without an ACL. He has a lot of balls to fight without an ACL. The ACL is a stablizing ligament in the knee and to fight a bout or play a sport without it is kind of crazy.

It's great for Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin to evaluate the fighters and hanging out with them. Those two not only search their strengths and weaknesses inside the Octagon, but also their character outside of it. Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture didn't do that in Season 1.

Rich and Matt Pick the teams and from what it looks like, Rich Franklin has picked the seemingly stronger fighters. Franklin obtained Jorge Gurgel, Melvin and Rashad...what a great team(by looks).

Then we had a great showdown between Josh and Melvin. Though Melvin was physically stronger and had better stand up skills he could not repel Josh's Takedowns and his Ground and Pound. Though Melvin had impressive mobility and was able to dodge the Rear Naked choke, he was wearing himself out. Josh won the first 2 rounds because of his explosive takedowns and his mediocre Ground and pound. He slowed the pace in the third round and picked up a Unanimous decision victory. TUF2 Fighters proving to have a lot more skill than TUF1? Josh broken his arm and being replaced by a new fighter? If Randy is introducing the challenges does that mean we will have a special guest appearance from the 'Iceman'?

I look forward to seeing Melvin in a future Ultimate Fight Night. Memo to Melvin: Please don't challenge Matt Hughes. Why on earth will you want to challenge that guy?

Dana is now portrayed as a fortune teller.......the show needs less Dana!

That was a pretty good fight, but Josh sure needs to work on some things. He had a couple chances to capitalize and didn't take them, whether he didn't see them or just didn't know what to do, he showed he has room for improvement with his game. Josh did show some heart and it was a good fight, I agree totally with the decision.
    Last edited by BroadwayBomber55; 09-19-05 at 11:19 PM.

NYYF Cy Young

The Ultimate Fighter 2 - Week 2 Post-Mortem

What a great episode. Jorge Gurgel is a badass dude. He is the type of fighter that I like. Works through some injuries and hangs in there. Holy toledo, he's hanging in there without an ACL. He has a lot of balls to fight without an ACL. The ACL is a stablizing ligament in the knee and to fight a bout or play a sport without it is kind of crazy.

Then we had a great showdown between Josh and Melvin. Though Melvin was physically stronger and had better stand up skills he could not repel Josh's Takedowns and his Ground and Pound. Though Melvin had impressive mobility and was able to dodge the Rear Naked choke, he was wearing himself out. Josh won the first 2 rounds because of his explosive takedowns and his mediocre Ground and pound. He slowed the pace in the third round and picked up a Unanimous decision victory. TUF2 Fighters proving to have a lot more skill than TUF1? Josh broken his arm and being replaced by a new fighter?

I look forward to seeing Melvin in a future Ultimate Fight Night. Memo to Melvin: Please don't challenge Matt Hughes. Why on earth will you want to challenge that guy?

That was a pretty good fight, but Josh sure needs to work on some things. He had a couple chances to capitalize and didn't take them, whether he didn't see them or just didn't know what to do, he showed he has room for improvement with his game. Josh did show some heart and it was a good fight, I agree totally with the decision.
    Very good show last night. I agree with your post.

It's too bad Melvin lost, he showed some nice athletic ability and I think if given some more time to train with the coaches he could be a very good fighter. He had an awesome first takedown... The one thing I kept saying last night was that he kept giving his back to Josh and could have been choked out by a veteran fighter (you are correct Matt Hughes would probably make Melvin tap pretty quick)!. . .

Josh played the fight well, especially in the last round. He had to take Melvin down and keep him down on the ground to win the match. He didn't want to stay standing with Melvin as I think Melvin probably would have knocked him out if they stayed standing. Nice job by Matt Hughes getting right near Josh and telling him just to close his arms and hold him as he knew that he had won the fight.

I have to give Melvin credit, he fought with the broken hand and gave it his all. He was very honest to say at least he didn't quit, and he was very honest when he said he just lost on the big stage. For all the talking he did, I thought he was very respectful in his loss.

Very good show last night. I agree with your post.

It's too bad Melvin lost, he showed some nice athletic ability and I think if given some more time to train with the coaches he could be a very good fighter. He had an awesome first takedown... The one thing I kept saying last night was that he kept giving his back to Josh and could have been choked out by a veteran fighter (you are correct Matt Hughes would probably make Melvin tap pretty quick)!. . .

Josh played the fight well, especially in the last round. He had to take Melvin down and keep him down on the ground to win the match. He didn't want to stay standing with Melvin as I think Melvin probably would have knocked him out if they stayed standing. Nice job by Matt Hughes getting right near Josh and telling him just to close his arms and hold him as he knew that he had won the fight.

I have to give Melvin credit, he fought with the broken hand and gave it his all. He was very honest to say at least he didn't quit, and he was very honest when he said he just lost on the big stage. For all the talking he did, I thought he was very respectful in his loss.
    Melvin Guillard had a chance to knockout Josh Burkman with a solid kick to the face, but didn't captialize. He could've told Rich Franklin that he had a broken hand and change things on the fly. Melvin kept talk the talk, but didn't walk the walk. Melvin did have pretty good submission defenses. He has a lot of work to do to improve his game and I liked his character after the fight, very matured. He talked trash liked Chris Leben and matured, but he didn't do crazy things and then being matured liked Leben did last season.

As for Josh, he did pretty well responding to Melvin's takedowns. We'll find out next week if he exits the competition with an apparent arm injury. When Melvin punched and Josh blocked it with his elbow, I think both of them broke something during the fight.

It seems the fighters are handling themselves very well at the moment. I see them readin' the Bible instead of stayin' up all night drinkin'. It's a good move by Dana to let Franklin and Matt Hughes visit the guys in the house and evaluate their character outside the Octagon.

Of all the Welterweights so far, I like Jorge Gurgel. He's a tough customer and a very good character guy. I also like Luke Commo and Anthony Torres as well.

Of all the teams, Rich Franklin's has a lot of personality, but I have to give the slight edge to Team Hughes.

Good point. I did not like Melvin prior to the fight -- he seemed cocky as hell -- but you could tell he was genuinely humbled after losing.

Thread Information