+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    A suggestion re:the Political forums

    OK, I'm not trying to be a p.i.t.a., OK?

    I avoid posting in the political forums (not that there's anything wrong with posting there--just not my thing).

    Anyway, some of the discussions there get pretty heated (I read them now and again).....

    so, would it make sense to make it a sub-forum in the Sports Bar, instead?
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  2. #2
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    OK, I'm not trying to be a p.i.t.a., OK?

    I avoid posting in the political forums (not that there's anything wrong with posting there--just not my thing).

    Anyway, some of the discussions there get pretty heated (I read them now and again).....

    so, would it make sense to make it a sub-forum in the Sports Bar, instead?
    Why? So we can REALLY cuss at each other, Lou? Stop being such a sh*t-disturber. I'm tired of you constantly ripping people apart and causing trouble.

  3. #3
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    Why? So we can REALLY cuss at each other, Lou? Stop being such a sh*t-disturber. I'm tired of you constantly ripping people apart and causing trouble.


    Nothing personal Barry--honest
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  4. #4
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    It sounds like Lou wants to take off the gloves.

    Go get 'em mi amico mio!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  5. #5
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    It sounds like Lou wants to take off the gloves.

    Go get 'em mi amico mio!!!



    It's a "Lou is being a lazy sod--again" thing really. I get a JC has a new post indication, and it's a political thread...

    Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with posting there--it's just not my thing.

    Some of the titles are Sports Bar material, too--IMHO
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  6. #6
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Keeping it in JC probably keeps it more civil than it would be in the Sports bar. Not to mention you have to suscribe to the Sports Bar, which some people don't want to do.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  7. #7
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Keeping it in JC probably keeps it more civil than it would be in the Sports bar. Not to mention you have to suscribe to the Sports Bar, which some people don't want to do.

    The non-subscriber part is exactly my point.....you don't have to see titles like "Democrats/Republicans have child sex slaves" stuff.

    But you might be right.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    The non-subscriber part is exactly my point.....you don't have to see titles like "Democrats/Republicans have child sex slaves" stuff.

    But you might be right.
    Why not just make it it's own forum, that you have to suscribe to, to see?
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  9. #9
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Why not just make it it's own forum, that you have to suscribe to, to see?
    Exactly--that's why I suggested we put it in the Sports Bar
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    Exactly--that's why I suggested we put it in the Sports Bar
    Yeah, but why put it as part of the Sports Bar, when it can be its own Forum? Maybe some people don't want to see the Political Forum, but want to see the Sports Bar, or vice versa.

    It's all good, whatever it is.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  11. #11
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Yeah, but why put it as part of the Sports Bar, when it can be its own Forum? Maybe some people don't want to see the Political Forum, but want to see the Sports Bar, or vice versa.

    It's all good, whatever it is.
    Ahhhh, I got ya. Makes sense, amico mio.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  12. #12
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    I think everyone who participates in Political Soapbox should be given a dollar.

    Just sayin.

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    I think everyone who ocassionally posts in there (like twice a year) should get two dollars.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  14. #14
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    I think everyone who ocassionally posts in there (like twice a year) should get two dollars.
    After giving .50 to every regular.

  15. #15

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    If you don't post in there or read it on a regular basis then why does it matter?

  16. #16
    Released Outright cubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    LA

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    The non-subscriber part is exactly my point.....you don't have to see titles like "Democrats/Republicans have child sex slaves" stuff.

    But you might be right.
    Well, if the Republicans would just lay off the child sex slaves, the problem wouldn't exist.

  17. #17
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by PettittesPrincess
    If you don't post in there or read it on a regular basis then why does it matter?
    Because on the start page it shows a new post, so I go to look, only to find that it's in the Political Forum.*




    *unless there's a way of telling that from the start page
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  18. #18

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    unless there's a way of telling that from the start page
    You can see what the title of the most recent post is... if it looks like one about political sex slaves, you know not to worry about it .
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

  19. #19
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim F.
    You can see what the title of the most recent post is... if it looks like one about political sex slaves, you know not to worry about it .


    Good enough
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

  20. #20
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim F.
    You can see what the title of the most recent post is... if it looks like one about political sex slaves, you know not to worry about it .

    Any chance we could get more topics like this? It would definitely boost involvement in the Political Soapbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  21. #21

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    Because on the start page it shows a new post, so I go to look, only to find that it's in the Political Forum.*




    *unless there's a way of telling that from the start page
    I still don't get why if you don't post there it matters? Ignore the topics then.

  22. #22

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by PettittesPrincess
    I still don't get why if you don't post there it matters? Ignore the topics then.
    If you've read all the posts in the forum, it clears the "New Post" indicator from the forum home page. His issue is that if a new post is made within the PS forum, the "New Post" indicator for the JC forum on the forum home page is active, which makes it seem as if there is a new post in JC. But when you go into JC to read the alleged "new post", you find that there isn't a new post within JC itself, but within the PS.

    It's a convenience thing.

    He's saying that if there are no new posts in JC itself, he doesn't want to see the "New Post" indicator active for JC.

    Make sense?
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

  23. #23

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin
    Well, if the Republicans would just lay off the child sex slaves, the problem wouldn't exist.

    You got a win with that one, Cubs
    .
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim F.

    It's a convenience thing.

    He's saying that if there are no new posts in JC itself, he doesn't want to see the "New Post" indicator active for JC.

    Make sense?
    Yes it makes sense, and I know what he was saying. It's still not necessary.

  25. #25
    Let's Go Yankees!!! Bozidar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Central CT

    Re: A suggestion re:the Political forums

    What would be a very nice enhancement is for the ability for a user to "hide" a certain forum from their view.

    Kind of a "I don't want to be bothered with this ................" choice to be made
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts