+ Reply to Thread

Clemente's Plane Pulled From Auction

Thank god. Just that they thought of putting something like that out there for consumers makes me sick to my stomach. Roberto would be turning in his grave that people thought that way. What's next, vials of Ted Williams's frozen DNA??

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2088282

NEW YORK -- Debris from the plane crash that killed Hall of Famer Roberto Clemente was pulled from a memorabilia auction after his family threatened a lawsuit.

Seaford, N.Y.-based Lelands.com announced Friday it was pulling two items -- a light metal piece of the airplane and a gray steel propeller -- from the collection of four dozen Clemente mementos.
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Clemente's Plane Pulled From Auction

Yeah, I saw that, made me happy that they pulled it. Pretty sleezy to have it up there to begin with though.

Re: Clemente's Plane Pulled From Auction

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4
    Thank god. Just that they thought of putting something like that out there for consumers makes me sick to my stomach. Roberto would be turning in his grave that people thought that way. What's next, vials of Ted Williams's frozen DNA??
    Kind of relieved that Ted's scumbag son is dead, or he'd be reading this and rubbing his hands together gleefully, wondering why he hadn't thought of it first.
    "...it was blood, my blood, and it was coming from the sutures in my ankle. You’re either stupid or bitter if you think otherwise." --Curt Schilling on the Bloody Sock, 3/17/07

Thread Information