Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Released Outright

I Am Officially Sick Of Jorge Posada

Fifteen feet away from where Brown stood catcher Jorge Posada raved about Brown's stuff. "He was nasty, unhittable," Posada said. "That's the best I have seen this year. I was diving for balls. He was that good today."

So, if Brown was off the charts, why did he melt in the sixth when the Twins erased a 2-0 lead by scoring five runs?

"Ask him," Posada said
    http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/24786.htm

"Ask him". Second time in a few weeks he's given that answer regarding another teammate's performance. Maybe that mentality sums up why this team is in the dire straights it's in.

I can't believe this guy was once considered a leader in that clubhouse.

NYYF Legend

Re: I Am Officially Sick Of Jorge Posada

I am the founder of the club. If you want in, I'd be more than happy to welcome you.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Is it at all possible that declining skills by Posada are hurting the pitchers? Sometimes we blame the pitchers, sometimes Mel.....how about Jorge? Does he play a role here?
    Let the kids play.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch
    I am the founder of the club. If you want in, I'd be more than happy to welcome you.
    Does it cost extra to make fun of his ears?

(Mods: KIDDING!)

I can't help myself: What else was Jorge supposed to say other than "ask him?" Jorge commented on Brown's pitching performance. How can Jorge speak with authority about Brown's mental state during the meltdown? How does Jorge know what is going on in Brown's mind? Do you want Jorge to start making up stuff to say?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub
    Is it at all possible that declining skills by Posada are hurting the pitchers? Sometimes we blame the pitchers, sometimes Mel.....how about Jorge? Does he play a role here?
    He can absolutely be hurting the Pitchers.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Released Outright

Not to sound ungrateful, but I'm tired of the entire 4 Ring Club...

Hope is eternal

Posada is, in my mind, definitely on the downside of his career and at the age where most catchers start to wear out. So he fits right in on this team.
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1
    I can't help myself: What else was Jorge supposed to say other than "ask him?" Jorge commented on Brown's pitching performance. How can Jorge speak with authority about Brown's mental state during the meltdown? How does Jorge know what is going on in Brown's mind? Do you want Jorge to start making up stuff to say?
    How about "He was making good pitches, but the Twins caught a few" or "Brownie was on his way to a great day...sometimes that's just the way it goes".

Y'know...stuff one teammate says to protect another. Is it fluff? Sure. Who cares? Maybe our staff has been sub-par because their catcher is a sh*thead.

NYYF Cy Young

How dare you insult one of The Core.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyH

"for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -Jesus Christ

Yeah like Posada wants to tell the media Brown is old and a hasbeen.

If you want to officially be sick of some people, how about half of our rotation, our 1st basemen, Tony Womack, Bernie Williams, etc.

At least Posada isnt terrible.

Released Outright

How much has he really contributed? Didn't he only become full-time catcher in 2000? His claim to the "Dynasty" really hasn't been much...

NYYF Legend

he's upset at himself for not being able to produce, so naturally, he's in a crabby mood. he's done this his whole tenure as a yankee. the only different now is that these slumps tend to last longer, and thus, his bad moods also linger.
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by JollyH

I'm sick of the belief that members of that club are absolved from criticism.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

i stated 5 weeks ago posada is looking like the worst catcher in MLB and should be every bit as on the hook as stottlemyre seems to be. nobody wanted to hear it.

i think jorge's toast behind the plate. how many damn 0-2 and 1-2 pitches that get crushed do you need to see before you realize this man cannot call a game any more?

Devoted Member

There is nothing inconsistent on what Posada said. He's not going to bad mouth a teammate. As for Brown, he can still have nasty stuff and be a headcase? Does anyone think Brown isn't a headcae?

Devoted Member

[]i stated 5 weeks ago posada is looking like the worst catcher in MLB and should be every bit as on the hook as stottlemyre seems to be. nobody wanted to hear it.

i think jorge's toast behind the plate. how many damn 0-2 and 1-2 pitches that get crushed do you need to see before you realize this man cannot call a game any more?

Who are you going to replace him with? Look around the leagues, how many good catchers are there who can hit?

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I'm sick of the belief that members of that club are absolved from criticism.
    I'm sick of the pretense that the guys who have won 4 rings don't get criticize as visciously as the other players whenever they performance poorly. Did you miss the "dump Mariano Rivera" campaign? What about the ritual bashing that Bernie endures on this board? How many times do I have hear about Jorge being a decling has been who should have been traded or Jeter who is overrated? Gawd. Stop pretending that they have any immunity from the fans and bash away.

I am sick of this season in general.
    Pardon my spelling

Hope is eternal

I'm sick of the pretense that the guys who have won 4 rings don't get criticize as visciously as the other players whenever they performance poorly. Did you miss the "dump Mariano Rivera" campaign? What about the ritual bashing that Bernie endures on this board? How many times do I have hear about Jorge being a decling has been who should have been traded or Jeter who is overrated? Gawd. Stop pretending that they have any immunity from the fans and bash away.
    Just try to criticize Joe Torre. Just because some people criticize doesn't mean that there are the same crowd that never do.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    How about "He was making good pitches, but the Twins caught a few" or "Brownie was on his way to a great day...sometimes that's just the way it goes".

Y'know...stuff one teammate says to protect another. Is it fluff? Sure. Who cares? Maybe our staff has been sub-par because their catcher is a sh*thead.
    Seriously, whatever. This is so pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay

This is just a sour grapes thread borne of frustration over how the team has been playing. Now we are angry because Posada doesn't give polished enough interviews? C'mon. That is just bitching for bitching's sake.

He complimented his pitcher, was asked a question that would require him to be critical of that pitcher, so instead of throwing Brown under the bus, or at the very least putting words in Brown's mouth, he defers the question to the person it is about.

He did the right thing. On the one hand ARod is bashed for giving the polished, fluffy, non-answer answers. On the other, Posada is now being bashed for not giving the phony complaint? This really is a silly complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    he's upset at himself for not being able to produce, so naturally, he's in a crabby mood.
    he's 3rd in ops, 3rd in hr and 2nd in rbi among ml catchers so i would say he's producing.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NHYank
    []i stated 5 weeks ago posada is looking like the worst catcher in MLB and should be every bit as on the hook as stottlemyre seems to be. nobody wanted to hear it.

Who are you going to replace him with? Look around the leagues, how many good catchers are there who can hit?
    no i'm not advocating that i have the answer. well, the answer was traded last winter but...ugh.

Thread Information