+ Reply to Thread

Hello from sunny DC

Hello all!

Been a serious fan since the days when Guidry was mowin' 'em down, Foster was launchin' 'em out and a legitimate question was, "can Carew hit .400?"

Bio-born in Baltimore, Cornell undergrad, Rutgers-Newark law, lived in Hoboken, NJ for several years--spent many an interesting night in Yankee Stadium in the late 90s (dudes would seize my O's hat from my head on the 4 train and toss it back and forth across the car-somebody usually gave it back), now in Washington, DC, where Peter Angelos is the one guy disliked more than the President.

Ironically, as I had neither pro hoops nor pro hockey allegiance growing up, and as the Colts had been unceremoniously sent away on a Mayflower van one sad, fateful night, my teams were, for quite some time: Orioles, Terps hoops, Knicks, Rangers, 49ers. Strange but true. (When the Colts left for Indy, I had considered myself a free agent and thought Montana and Rice were cool.)

By way of full disclosure, found this site searching around one night a few weeks ago looking to see if the 2005 Orioles had garnered any out-of-town respect. (They certainly play better out of town!) Have really enjoyed the commentary.

Here's to becoming a solid and, hopefully a few will find, astute contributor. And here's to a great three-team AL East race in 2005. Hope the teams are healthy down the stretch.

Prediction (order actually hasn't changed since Spring Training; however, in Spring Training I had thought the Yankees would challenge or exceed the '98 team in wins, primarily because I thought RJ would go something like 27-4):

Yankees: 102-60 (win WS over StL)
    Orioles: 92-70 (narrowly miss WC)
    Red Sox: 89-73

--Rob

Forum Regular

Re: Hello from sunny DC

Welcome to the forum Rob.
    [COLOR=Green]"We refuse to lie here in dishonor! We are not criminals, but Irishmen! This is the crime of which we stand accused."
    - Bobby Sands[/COLOR]

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

Quote Originally Posted by Murray33
    I'll buy that.

Welcome and have fun posting, Rob.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

NYYF Legend

Welcome, Rob.

I hate Angelos, but kinda have a soft spot for Lee Mazzilli, so wouldn't mind at all if the O's took second behind the Yanks.

.Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

welcome
    "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee."

Welcome
    [B][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Down Under[/FONT] [/COLOR][/B]

Released Outright

Welcome.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Hello all!

Been a serious fan since the days when Guidry was mowin' 'em down, Foster was launchin' 'em out and a legitimate question was, "can Carew hit .400?"

Bio-born in Baltimore, Cornell undergrad, Rutgers-Newark law, lived in Hoboken, NJ for several years--spent many an interesting night in Yankee Stadium in the late 90s (dudes would seize my O's hat from my head on the 4 train and toss it back and forth across the car-somebody usually gave it back), now in Washington, DC, where Peter Angelos is the one guy disliked more than the President.

Ironically, as I had neither pro hoops nor pro hockey allegiance growing up, and as the Colts had been unceremoniously sent away on a Mayflower van one sad, fateful night, my teams were, for quite some time: Orioles, Terps hoops, Knicks, Rangers, 49ers. Strange but true. (When the Colts left for Indy, I had considered myself a free agent and thought Montana and Rice were cool.)

By way of full disclosure, found this site searching around one night a few weeks ago looking to see if the 2005 Orioles had garnered any out-of-town respect. (They certainly play better out of town!) Have really enjoyed the commentary.

Here's to becoming a solid and, hopefully a few will find, astute contributor. And here's to a great three-team AL East race in 2005. Hope the teams are healthy down the stretch.

Prediction (order actually hasn't changed since Spring Training; however, in Spring Training I had thought the Yankees would challenge or exceed the '98 team in wins, primarily because I thought RJ would go something like 27-4):

--Rob
    Welcome Rob to the NYYFans Forum. Hey... what about this guy around the same time as the Rookie of the Year when you got interested and became a serious fan? http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/cards/jun1-618831612.html

Just kidding... Murray33
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Legend

Welcome and have fun posting!

Welcome to the forum. I live just outside DC in Bethesda, but I'm moving to NY in a couple of weeks.

I am a former Orioles ST holder.... 4 years, and I went to college at UMBC in Catonsville.

Welcome!

NYYF Legend

Welcome!

Welcome

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    Welcome Rob to the NYYFans Forum. Hey... what about this guy around the same time as the Rookie of the Year when you got interested and became a serious fan? http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/cards/jun1-618831612.html

Just kidding... Murray33
    Thanks for the pic. Yeah, he wasn't bad. Best bases-loaded hitter I've ever seen. 2nd all-time career grand slams to Gehrig.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeClemens22
    Welcome to the forum. I live just outside DC in Bethesda, but I'm moving to NY in a couple of weeks.

I am a former Orioles ST holder.... 4 years, and I went to college at UMBC in Catonsville.
    Howdy! I get to Bethesda all the time as my girlfriend lives in Rockville. That new restaurant Rock Creek is pretty solid in my book. Also still enjoy Centro, Persimmon, Rio Grande.

Actually, I'd like to move back to NY at some point. I just miss the energy I guess. Tough job market with the law firms there.

Good luck with your move to the city! Funny thing is, a lot of folks can't wait to get OUT of the city when summer rolls around. At least there are a lot of options....

Howdy! I get to Bethesda all the time as my girlfriend lives in Rockville. That new restaurant Rock Creek is pretty solid in my book. Also still enjoy Centro, Persimmon, Rio Grande.

Actually, I'd like to move back to NY at some point. I just miss the energy I guess. Tough job market with the law firms there.

Good luck with your move to the city! Funny thing is, a lot of folks can't wait to get OUT of the city when summer rolls around. At least there are a lot of options....
    Rock Bottom do you mean? I love that place.

Thanks for the well wishes, and I'll be talking to you on the forums!

one of the few nyy fans in az yankeesfaninaz's Avatar
    Scottsdale, AZ (originally from Queens, NY)

welcome aboard
    My name is Tracy and I am a female

Welcome to the forum!

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Casey37
    I'll buy that.

Welcome and have fun posting, Rob.
    Me, too.

Welcome
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeClemens22
    Rock Bottom do you mean? I love that place.
    Nope, Rock Creek--right across from Cafe Deluxe on the other end of Bethesda. Worth a try!

Nope, Rock Creek--right across from Cafe Deluxe on the other end of Bethesda. Worth a try!
    Interesting... theres so many restaurants in Bethesda, I must have missed this one. If I have time I'll try to go before I move next week.

Welcome to the forum.
    Love my Red Sox Fan

Welcome!

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Welcome!

Thread Information