Great Win Today!

rj totally dominant.

offense where it should be.

they should play philips more!

hope this will be a good stepping stone with pavano and mussina following up with victories!
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

NYYF MVP

Re: Great Win Today!

Tuesday night will be tough going up against Colon, but those are the type of games we need our staff to prove they can win.

Addicted Member

hey i'm up here in springfield, MA and don't get YES, i was checking up periodically on mlb gameday on the score, and i can clearly see that RJ was dominant today... can anyone fill me in on how he looked out there? what was he hitting on the radar, was his slider snapping effectively, good command, etc?

we've beaten colon before and he's not that great as he once was.

pavano's been consistenly good this year. i trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksForLife
    Tuesday night will be tough going up against Colon, but those are the type of games we need our staff to prove they can win.
    Pavano has been probably our most consistent pitcher so far this year....Angels have a great lineup, should be interesting to see how he fares

as for Colon...Im not worried...remember we fare well against good pitchers, we get shutdown by the crappy ones

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Pavano has been probably our most consistent pitcher so far this year....Angels have a great lineup, should be interesting to see how he fares

as for Colon...Im not worried...remember we fare well against good pitchers, we get shutdown by the crappy ones
    true that!

Designed to Win BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

This is a great win today. The Yankees face the Texas Rangers, one of the toughest teams in the AL West and another in the next series against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Let's hope the Yankees finish strong in the last week of April before May comes around.
    "Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Released Outright

We've had our good games against Colon in the past.

Bring on October!! nyyfanatic85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xhibit
    We've had our good games against Colon in the past.
    I do remember getting beat 11-0 in Cleveland a couple years back. Colon was the pitcher.
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85
    I do remember getting beat 11-0 in Cleveland a couple years back. Colon was the pitcher.
    Colon has definetely had his great starts against us as well. By no means do we own the guy, but we've also hit him hard a couple of times also. It will be interesting.

NYYF Legend

Forest Lawn Memorial Park - Plot: Court of Freedom Block 7060 Lot 6-A

Great game by the Yanks, RJ kicked a$$ and so did the offense.

This is exacty what this team is capable of doing on a daily basis.
    3 4 5 7 8 10 16 37

I was at the game today and I just wish more people were there to see it. It was an amazing game and what Phillips and Johnson did was maybe what this team needed. Plus A-Rod got a hit with 2 outs and runner in scoring position
    Joba the Chamberlain

Released Outright noneckwilliams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanksForLife
    Old baseball adage - You're only as good as the next day's starter.

We'll see what Mr. Pavano brings to the table on Tuesday.

Released Outright noneckwilliams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yanks710
    I was at the game today and I just wish more people were there to see it. It was an amazing game and what Phillips and Johnson did was maybe what this team needed. Plus A-Rod got a hit with 2 outs and runner in scoring position
    Jeter was great again today. Terrific play in the field. 3 RBIs. HR to right, pulled a hit to left. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza35
    hey i'm up here in springfield, MA and don't get YES, i was checking up periodically on mlb gameday on the score, and i can clearly see that RJ was dominant today... can anyone fill me in on how he looked out there? what was he hitting on the radar, was his slider snapping effectively, good command, etc?
    RJ seemed to be throwing a lot of sliders, I was surprised by how many. His control faltered a little in certain innings but he always regained it pretty fast. The YES radar gun was screwed up and kept giving these wimpy 87-88 mph readings, but the commentators were saying he was in the low 90's, hitting up to 95 or 96 when he put a little extra on it. It was the first game all year where RJ looked completely dominant- it was great!!

Hope is eternal

This was needed, but we have to maintain it. If we proceed to lose 2 of 3 to California, I mean Anaheim, no I mean Los Angeles of Anaheim then we're back to square one.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

NYYF Triple Crown

at least with this day off we can skip the Wright start and on tues go with pavano , weds moose, thrus brown , and fri back to RJ
    My sword is guided by the reason of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet when all is said, a sword is a tool of destruction, not salvation.-Seijuro Hiko

Addicted Member

it should be a good game tuesday.
    SHEFF IS THE MAN!!!!!
    MEMBER #20 OF SAS

Thread Information