+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Yep, same old Knicks for the past decade talking the talk. . . and coming up short - as always. They and the Jets deserve each other. Hey, Spree, go choke the chicken this time.

Now just listen to Van Gundy's biggest media shill, Mike Francesa, make excuses for him.

Webber next year. Period.
    Last edited by Slippery Elm; 05-06-01 at 12:07 AM.

NYYF Legend

I like their unis!

Ugh!

I was at this game, and I'm upset...if I never see the color purple again, it will be too soon!

“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

NYYF Legend

I always liked purple.

All we needed for this one was another Patrick Ewing "guarantee". Jeez.

Knicks were outplayed, outhustled, and outworked.

pitching wins championships. Eddie160's Avatar
    too bad the the knicks lost I guess it was karma for the way they got rid of ewing
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]though I may live in Jacksonville Fl my heart is still in Brooklyn. Born a Yankees fan will die a Yankees fan. [/FONT][/B]

Bad loss for the Knicks. They Made a Good Comeback and had so many chances to tie or take the lead in the 4th quarter but were never able to hit the shot. Knicks played a bad game... Rice Couldnt even hit a shot in the 4th Quarter. He Was Shooting Bricks... The Knicks had too many turnovers and couldnt get points off Raptor Turnovers... Childs had like 4 Turnovers in the 4th Quarter and Knicks Still Couldnt win.

NYYF Triple Crown

Big changes in the offseason for the Knicks - GUARANTEED!!!!

Dee
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

f da knicks... f' em, f' em f' em f' em f' em!!!!! UGGGGHHHHH!!!! f'n van jack ass, houston, ward, rice, the f'n refs teein' up my man thomas... the f'n refs really screwed us by callin all that bs on thomas and cambyman...

but still we couldda won if that LOSER from la could shoot str8... and i almost f'n forgot that fat slob jackson.... what a great snag huh... i was happy when we got him but sad to see childs go... now we know what childs is capable of when he has a coach who believes in him a little...

we need to dump everyone not named spree i don't care anymore... i don't even care who we get in return, i just DON'T wanna see these assholes one more year, and that includes our former INTERIM coach... hit the f'n road and don't look back...

i feel for my man spree... havin' to deal w/ losers like houston and rice and ward... thomas was ready, but he had no chance w/ those whistle happy f'n refs... yo spree, keep ya head up man... we'll get rid of these bums this summer guaranteed... no more no dee houston to hog the ball... no more stale rice... i say trade em all and get c webb and payton... payton spree and webb would be a perfect nucleus to represent new york... not these religious ishtheads like charl;ie and houston...

UGGGGGHHHH... UGGGGGHHHH... UGGGGGHHHH...

the pain, the agony....

f' purple...

f' basketball, thank GOD for baseball...

NYYF Cy Young

ansky, i agree completely! you captured my thoughts totally. f' 'em all (except 'trelly, of course!). i was so pissed off and disappointed last night i barely slept. dammit, dammit, dammit!

i have to repeat you bro, you said it so well:

the pain, the agony....
    f' purple...

especially, f' purple!
    jl

NYYF Legend

I guess you folks are satisifed with Van Gundy's dismal offenses??
    Sure he's great with the D, but offensively the Knicks suck and are so predictable.

At least Spree didn't choke ON the court - like so many others. He even knocked some of them post-game.

But yes, now more baseball talk on FAN now and less hoops.
    Last edited by Slippery Elm; 05-05-01 at 03:12 PM.

i HATE van no o'...

hee's a link from the post on his ingenius offensive startegy...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/26258.htm

NYYF Legend

I feel your pain. Hopefully my sixers can get some revenge for you guys.

Man, I was really looking forward to a Knicks-Sixers Eastern Semi-Final. Damnit!!!
    Last edited by #1PaFan; 05-06-01 at 08:55 AM.

Thank God for baseball is right! The past two days have been rough on me other-sports-wise - the Knicks are out, the Pens lost in OT and are now down 3-2 (shades of last year), if the Yanks hadn't won, I'd really be depressed!

I agree - ship everyone except Spree, Thomas and Camby (I'm giving Camby a break because of what happenned, and Thomas is more a role player than anything else, and a very effective one) off to anywhere that'll take them and get some real players in. CWebb supposedly said Sacramento is too boring for him, which probably means he'll get in big trouble in NY, but I'd take the chance!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Cy Young

ally, you mean chris webber? i can see him in nyc. i think he'd make a decent fit w/whoever we get coming in. just as long as he doesn't call "time," lol.

jl

Originally posted by Ansky39
    f da knicks... f' em, f' em f' em f' em f' em!!!!! UGGGGHHHHH!!!! f'n van jack ass, houston, ward, rice, the f'n refs teein' up my man thomas... the f'n refs really screwed us by callin all that bs on thomas and cambyman...

but still we couldda won if that LOSER from la could shoot str8... and i almost f'n forgot that fat slob jackson.... what a great snag huh... i was happy when we got him but sad to see childs go... now we know what childs is capable of when he has a coach who believes in him a little...

we need to dump everyone not named spree i don't care anymore... i don't even care who we get in return, i just DON'T wanna see these assholes one more year, and that includes our former INTERIM coach... hit the f'n road and don't look back...

i feel for my man spree... havin' to deal w/ losers like houston and rice and ward... thomas was ready, but he had no chance w/ those whistle happy f'n refs... yo spree, keep ya head up man... we'll get rid of these bums this summer guaranteed... no more no dee houston to hog the ball... no more stale rice... i say trade em all and get c webb and payton... payton spree and webb would be a perfect nucleus to represent new york... not these religious ishtheads like charl;ie and houston...

the pain, the agony....

f' purple...

LOL, this post was definitely worth repeating in its entirety...only Ansky39 could make me chuckle about such an abysmal performance...

When I arrived at the Garden that night, I never thought for a minute that they would lose that game, when we played catchup most of the night, I still thought we'd win, and when we came close to tying it at the end a few times, I thought "here we go, finally, even though we haven't played well"....I was shocked that we lost that game...I guess I still am because I'm looking in the papers for info on the Knicks/Philly match up like some lost soul!!

I'm not usually one for a player trashing other players or their performances publicly, but I'm glad Spree said what he felt when asked...he was right, specifically with Houston and Rice!! I'm also tired of people talking about how it never should have come down to a game 5, because it did, and unfortunately only a couple of players showed up...that's a disgrace! Thank God I didn't pay for my ticket, or I would have been asking for a refund for the Knicks forfeit.

I sure as hell hope that you're right and Houston and Rice are gone next year (specifically Rice -- hate that whiney jerk)!!

Ansky, As you said -- 'f purple and 'f basketball -- I'm just concentrating on the Yankees and the Devils...if the Devils blow this series, I may have to take up scotch!! Did you ever wind up putting money on the Devils?

Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
    I was shocked that we lost that game...I guess I still am because I'm looking in the papers for info on the Knicks/Philly match up like some lost soul!!

i sat in my diner this morning poring over ever story in the post on the knicks... yeah i know i said f' em, but it's like a drug... maybe we can start a knicksaholic anonymous: "i'm a knicks fan, i know they suck, but so what..."

uggh, i'm startin to sound like a mutts fan...

I'm not usually one for a player trashing other players or their performances publicly, but I'm glad Spree said what he felt when asked...
    ditto...

now accordin to the post, houston is darin' him to call names... "don't point fingers up in the air..." or something was his quote... whatta wuss... NOW he wants to get tough... if i was spree i'd call him out... he's a wuss, spree's gotta know that by now...

spree publicly endorsed a possible trade for cwebb at any cost... except himself of course... meaning, even houston and cambyman should be expendable... i think they should add van gundy to the list of expendable...

he's gotta go, he's a relic... annoying little dweeb... he's boring... isolation play after isolation play... yaaaaaawwwwnnn... you gotta ferrari, and decide to OBEY the speed limits... (sorta like bein and overpaid overated millionare coach in new york and buyin a civic...) you got spree and you walk it up, play, after play, after play... every play 4 guys are standin' waitin' not getting into any offensive rythym, just standin... he's gotta go...

if the Devils blow this series, I may have to take up scotch!!
    may i recommend glenlivet 12year, or oban12 year...

Did you ever wind up putting money on the Devils?
    yeah, i put 50, they got me nervous... toronto's been tough...

NYYF Legend

I can't wait until 1:05 AM tomorrow when Joe Benigno will GO NUTS ragging on them. And then tomorrow Mike the egomaniac Francesa will start making excuses for his boy Van Gundy. Should be fun radio.

Hey Mike; hey Knicks, this is for YOU: :finger1:

NYYF Cy Young

That is what the Knicks get for getting rid of Ewing. I cried the day that they traded him but I want him go out as a knick. Pat was a warrior something that you don't see anymore, give me the old time basketball when men play to play. Now let get rid of Van Donkey because he is so done here.

The thing is, they got rid of Patrick because they supposedly had a plan to go farther without him, and we saw what happenned there! I don't know which one should be shipped out sooner - Glen Rice or Allan Houston - they both do still have some value, so hopefully we'll get something decent for them!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

Disappointment 101. AGAIN
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.org

NYYF Legend

Surprisingly, even that smug Mike Francesa took some shots at Van Gundy today, who he conceded was out-managed by Wilkens.

Both Francesa and Russo also took shots at Spreewell for his sub par offense (except in the 4th quarter of the last game)
    and his recent defensive liabilities. Webber would also, they said, not make the Knicks champions, and Knick management will never rebuild from scratch because of the ridiculous ticket prices they charge at MSG.

So, it will be dark days ahead for the Knicks.

hey ansky -- I guess we are "knickaholics"!! as part of my 12-step program, I will not think about the playoffs that they should still be in...ugh!! Instead, I will concentrate all my attention to the Devils and Yankees...

As for the Devils, seems like my liver and your wallet got a stay of execution tonight, huh??!!!

Last edited by b-ball-lunachick; 05-08-01 at 02:11 AM.

playoffs? what playoffs...

re; devils, keep a pack of tums handy... i think they'll pull it out, but it'll be ugly.

thank GOD for baseball...

NYYF MVP

Knicks will drive you nuts every time, just like when they are losing to the Nets during the regular season and come back to beat the Lakers. Flashes of brilliance, and even more flashes of mediocrity. This still hurts, though, getting bounced in the first round with a 2-1 lead.

Gotta admit that the Oakman still cracks me up.

Originally posted by Ansky39
    playoffs? what playoffs...

re; devils, keep a pack of tums handy... i think they'll pull it out, but it'll be ugly.

thank GOD for baseball...
    that's the attitude, ansky!!

I'm glad the Devils pulled it out -- my liver is feeling quite healthy today...how's that wallet feeling?

Thread Information