+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Mitch Hedberg died

I can't find anything on Google, so part of me thinks it's a april fools thing, but there have been unofficial confirmations from many people that he overdosed and passed away yesterday.

From Jim Norton, posted on another message board:
    "I have heard from very reliable sources that he did indeed die in nj. i spoke to a comic who called stanhope who verbally confirmed what he'd heard. just because nothing is posted on websites or the improv site doesnt mean anything, as you know. i will know for sure tomorrow, as i'm sure all of you will. if he did overdose its a f***ing waste because he was a great and original comic. he never changed what he did for audiences and i loved the fact that the public eventually found him. it was nice to see a non-hack, non-sellout succeeding the way he was. i didn't know him well, we were casual friends from the comedy cellar, but he was a funny bastard and an artist in the truest sense of the word. jim"

Also was posted on Doug Stanhope's site a note from Doug.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: Mitch Hedberg died

Ummmm....WHO?

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Ummmm....WHO?
    The guy made a few appearances on TV (comedy central, mostly), but was a huge name in the clubs and college campuses.

A really brilliant comic. This sucks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Ummmm....WHO?
    Never heard of him.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    The guy made a few appearances on TV (comedy central, mostly), but was a huge name in the clubs and college campuses.

A really brilliant comic. This sucks.

Ohh...OK.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

I heard a small mention on the radio this morning, but saw nothing else.

I hope somehow it isn't true. That guy is (was?) so damn funny.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

I hope its not true. If it is, RIP.

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
    There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

Some jokes:

http://www.thedotdotdot.com/humor/hedberg.html

I got an ant farm. Them fellas didn't grow sh**

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load sh** into a truck.

I got my hair highlighted, because I felt some strands were more important than others.

I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Boy, you really like Tide."

I got in an argument with a girlfriend inside of a tent. That's a bad place for an argument, because I tried to walk out, and had to slam the flap.

I type a 101 words a minute. But it's in my own language.

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here.

I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that.

My sister wanted to be an actress, but she never made it. She does live in a trailer. She made it half way. She's an actress, she just never gets called to the set.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Some jokes:

http://www.thedotdotdot.com/humor/hedberg.html

I got an ant farm. Them fellas didn't grow sh**

I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load sh** into a truck.

I got my hair highlighted, because I felt some strands were more important than others.

I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Boy, you really like Tide."

I got in an argument with a girlfriend inside of a tent. That's a bad place for an argument, because I tried to walk out, and had to slam the flap.

I type a 101 words a minute. But it's in my own language.

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here.

I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that.

My sister wanted to be an actress, but she never made it. She does live in a trailer. She made it half way. She's an actress, she just never gets called to the set.
    What's even better is the guy has one of the best deliveries I've ever heard. His timing was perfect.

They tried to give me a reciept for a donut. A donut. Lets not bring ink and paper into this

His delivery is hilarious. I cant find anything about his od anywhere online
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    What's even better is the guy has one of the best deliveries I've ever heard. His timing was perfect.
    Exactly.... & that little smirk, behind the long hair in his face. I hated when his set was over, I wanted more.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Exactly.... & that little smirk, behind the long hair in his face. I hated when his set was over, I wanted more.
    Why is it the best comics always live like idiots (if he died of an OD)? Stanhope's another guy I expect to hear OD'd someday.

IT's sad if it's true, but I alwasy found Mitch Hedberg about as funny as brain cancer.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

He does all one-line jokes. Like a hyper Steven Wright. Some of it was brilliant, some of it was so-so. Very big on college campuses.

Some of my favorites:

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how much I play, I'll never be as good a a wall. I played a wall once. They're relentless."

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."

"Alocholism, is a disease, but it's the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. Dammit Otto, your an alcoholic. Dammit Otto, you have Lupis. One of those two doesn't sound right."

"I love blackjack. But I'm not addicted to gambling. I'm addicted to sitting in a semi circle."

" I have a cheese-shredder at home, which is its positive name. They don't call it by its negative name, which is sponge-ruiner. Because I wanted to clean it, and now I have little bits of sponge that would melt easily over tortilla chips."

" I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that. "

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Very big on college campuses.
    "
    my friend from Bryant told me last Saturday that Hedberg was going up in May and he was all excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

"I drove for about 3 miles with the emergency brake on, now that doesnt say much for me but it really doesnt say much for the emergency brake."
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

I really hope this isn't true. He was awesome...

Anybody find anything? I checked his website it didnt say anything.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

I think it's BS. Google News has nothing on it.

Yea I think you are right, it would have been on some type of new site by now or even Comedycentral.com would have had it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    Yea I think you are right, it would have been on some type of new site by now or even Comedycentral.com would have had it.
    Even his own web site say's nothing about it: http://www.mitchhedberg.net/

NYYF Legend

well he missed his interview at 9:30 this morning here in baltimore (98 rock). he was to do 4 shows here in baltimore tonight thru sunday.

NYYF Legend

http://www.comedycentral.com/standup...ch_hedberg.xml

he's dead. i guess the delay would have involved figuring out time of death - as even this c-central lists him as passing 'this week'.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by ojo
    http://www.comedycentral.com/standup...ch_hedberg.xml

he's dead. i guess the delay would have involved figuring out time of death - as even this c-central lists him as passing 'this week'.
    Sigh..."passed away". I wonder what that means (besides the obvious).

NYYF Cy Young

RIP

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mitch_Hedberg

Some great quotes on the link above

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how much I play, I'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall once. They're fu**ing relentless. "

-Triple G

Thread Information