+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 120
  1. #76
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Holding a bottle of Tequilla

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    It's very dangerous to wave to people you don't know because what if they don't have hands? They'll think you're cocky.
    Vin Diesel wipes with 40 grit sandpaper.

  2. #77
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Cause of death... drugs.

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

    Rest in Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  3. #78
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Don't do drugs kids.

    Rest in Peace Mitch. Thanks again for the laughs.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????


    Thank goodness we now know.

  4. #79
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    Cause of death... drugs.

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

    Rest in Peace.
    speed ball. same thing that killed Layne Staley.

    idiots.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  5. #80
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    Cause of death... drugs.

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

    Rest in Peace.
    Was there ever any doubt as to the cause of death?

    RIP Mitch

  6. #81
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    Cause of death... drugs.

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1....ap/index.html

    Rest in Peace.
    So tired of seeing this over and over again. Then there's our next contestant in the Most Talented Fat Guy Likely To Kill Himself Show:

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

    If these guys knew what a f*cking cliche doing this stuff has become they'd be the first to knock it off.

  7. #82
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    If these guys knew what a f*cking cliche doing this stuff has become they'd be the first to knock it off.
    I've seen first hand what heroin can do to someone. The way it takes hold. It's not fun, or easy to just stop at will. This is why, as interested in it I have been all my life, would never, ever, touch it. Not worth the risk.

    I'm getting tired of seeing my favorite entertainers kill themselves like this. But it's a double edged sword. These types of drugs induce mad creativity. So without it, would these guys be as good as they are?
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  8. #83
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    I've seen first hand what heroin can do to someone. The way it takes hold. It's not fun, or easy to just stop at will. This is why, as interested in it I have been all my life, would never, ever, touch it. Not worth the risk.
    Patrice O'Neal summed up heroin pretty good. Basically you can do any other drug and still do stuff. You can be a pothead & a student, a coke head & an executive, an E freak & a car salesman, but there's no & after heroin. You're just a herion addict.

  9. #84
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Patrice O'Neal summed up heroin pretty good. Basically you can do any other drug and still do stuff. You can be a pothead & a student, a coke head & an executive, an E freak & a car salesman, but there's no & after heroin. You're just a herion addict.
    It's a very good statement. Although, E has Heroin in it. Which is why E is just as addicting.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  10. #85
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23

    But it's a double edged sword. These types of drugs induce mad creativity. So without it, would these guys be as good as they are?
    That's a myth, quite frankly. Those drugs do not induce creativity. The people taking them are already creative, it just so happens that creative types are more open to taking these drugs.

    Unfortunately, this notion has taken root and a lot of young comics want to be Belushi or Hicks so they start boozing/drugs as much as they can. Amazingly enough, it doesn't seem to have any effect on their careers or lack thereof.

  11. #86
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    That's a myth, quite frankly. Those drugs do not induce creativity. The people taking them are already creative, it just so happens that creative types are more open to taking these drugs.
    I don't think it's a myth. If you take a look at a musician's early career, assuming they weren't on the hardcore sh*t just yet, and then take a look at that same musician after drugs, it's something quite different. Yes they are creative before the drug, but I believe it helps create a way of expressing your creativity in a better way.

    These types open up your mind to new or abstract ideas. They can give you inspiration. Obviously no way to prove this.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  12. #87
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    I don't think it's a myth. If you take a look at a musician's early career, assuming they weren't on the hardcore sh*t just yet, and then take a look at that same musician after drugs, it's something quite different. Yes they are creative before the drug, but I believe it helps create a way of expressing your creativity in a better way.

    These types open up your mind to new or abstract ideas. They can give you inspiration. Obviously no way to prove this.
    It's simply not true. Drugs do not increase creativity.

  13. #88
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    It's simply not true. Drugs do not increase creativity.
    Ever see someone high as a kite pull off something musically that they would never be able to pull off sober? I have.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  14. #89
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Ever see someone high as a kite pull off something musically that they would never be able to pull off sober? I have.
    How do you know? Did you see that person attempt previously what you finally saw? Were you there each time they practiced it and failed?

    Being high did not increase that person's ability, it may have depressed his/her inhibitions but that's about it which may allow that person to take a risk they wouldn't normally. Drugs cannot transfer onto you a talent you didn't previously have.

    Propagating the myth that drugs in some way makes you a better performer or more creative is unfortunately one of the reasons so many of these folks continue to do it. As I stated previously, it's the Belushi Syndrome. George Carlin's stuff got better after his heart attack in '82. Eddie Murphy wasn't a known drug user. Robin Williams expanded on his talents after he gave up drugs. Chris Rock isn't a known drug user.

    The only thing talented drug users have in common is that they're talented.

  15. #90
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    okay, I see the disagreement here. I didn't mean for it to sound like there was no talent in the musician prior to the use of drugs, then all of a sudden there was.

    Have you ever listened to certain music high as opposed to sober? You get things would wouldn't normally get. You feel the music differently. It has a very different effect on you. I'm not an artist, but it has to work the other way. You see things in a very different aspect when you're high. You can think of things a different way. Which actually could spark creativity. So actually, yes, I still stand behind my arguement that it can create creativity. Even if it comes from seeing something a different way. You wouldn't have seen that before.

    Sorry I cannot be exact here, I'm using the word "different" because there's no real way to explain this. You have to experience it to know.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  16. #91
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    okay, I see the disagreement here. I didn't mean for it to sound like there was no talent in the musician prior to the use of drugs, then all of a sudden there was.

    Have you ever listened to certain music high as opposed to sober? You get things would wouldn't normally get. You feel the music differently. It has a very different effect on you. I'm not an artist, but it has to work the other way. You see things in a very different aspect when you're high. You can think of things a different way. Which actually could spark creativity. So actually, yes, I still stand behind my arguement that it can create creativity. Even if it comes from seeing something a different way. You wouldn't have seen that before.

    Sorry I cannot be exact here, I'm using the word "different" because there's no real way to explain this. You have to experience it to know.
    Sorry, Steve. I have been a performer and have absorbed/created/performed/listened to/etc both high and sober and can tell you drugs do not produce anything unique. Personalities do.

  17. #92
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    Sorry, Steve. I have been a performer and have absorbed/created/performed/listened to/etc both high and sober and can tell you drugs do not produce anything unique. Personalities do.
    Well maybe it didn't help you persoanlly then.

    All I know is, seeing a very abstract band trippin on mushrooms is a much different experience then seeing them sober.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  18. #93

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Well maybe it didn't help you persoanlly then.

    All I know is, seeing a very abstract band trippin on mushrooms is a much different experience then seeing them sober.
    That said, watching "Regis and Kelly" on mushrooms is also a very different experience...

  19. #94
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    You two are arguing two different arguments.

    Steve is saying that drugs enhance the audience. There may be a point in this, I wouldn't know firsthand, but I do know that sometimes I have to be in a certain mood to watch some things, Monthy Python immediately springs to mind.

    Bronxy is saying the drugs don't enhance the creation process. Again, I can't speak firsthand, but I do know that there are times when I'm more creative based upon my mood and state of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  20. #95
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    Sorry, Steve. I have been a performer and have absorbed/created/performed/listened to/etc both high and sober and can tell you drugs do not produce anything unique. Personalities do.
    What did you perform?
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????


    Thank goodness we now know.

  21. #96
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    You two are arguing two different arguments.

    Steve is saying that drugs enhance the audience. There may be a point in this, I wouldn't know firsthand, but I do know that sometimes I have to be in a certain mood to watch some things, Monthy Python immediately springs to mind.

    Bronxy is saying the drugs don't enhance the creation process. Again, I can't speak firsthand, but I do know that there are times when I'm more creative based upon my mood and state of mind.
    I'm using my personal experience as an audience member to help understand how an artist may come up with his/her ideas. It's my only point of reference since I'm about as creative as Green Day.

    But I've been told by people who are creative that drugs do expand their mind helping them become more creative. i suppose I don't have much of an arguement, but I can be certain that if there were no drugs, the creativity level in pretty much anything would be dropped. I mean, just look at the Beatles. How creative did they get once they explored and sang about drugs?
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  22. #97
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    You two are arguing two different arguments.

    Steve is saying that drugs enhance the audience. There may be a point in this, I wouldn't know firsthand, but I do know that sometimes I have to be in a certain mood to watch some things, Monthy Python immediately springs to mind.

    Bronxy is saying the drugs don't enhance the creation process. Again, I can't speak firsthand, but I do know that there are times when I'm more creative based upon my mood and state of mind.
    Mood and state of mind are about the same thing.

    Creative people are more open to drug use because they're more open in general, that's why you have so many artists that either have done or do drugs.

  23. #98
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    What did you perform?
    I was a stand up comic for a few years.

  24. #99
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxByTheBay
    I was a stand up comic for a few years.
    oh ...
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????


    Thank goodness we now know.

  25. #100
    A new year, a new era penguin4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    New York, NY

    Re: Mitch Hedburg Died

    He died again?
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts