+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 90 of 504
  1. #46
    Thank You! Luciano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Javy Land

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    Does anybody else find it a bit, I don't know, creepy that Curt is monitoring and chatting on this board?
    A bit weird with the bets.

    Someone's bored!

  2. #47
    B-B.com Bench Coach patrick.o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    off the path...

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by gehrig38
    Wanna bet?
    Isn't that against MLB rules?

    Frankly, as much I'd like to see Johnson/Schilling, I'm quite pleased that I'll get to see Boomer. And my sister-in-law is taking me to Fenway on the 13th, so I may get to see Boomer and the Unit go at it twice in 10 days!
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

  3. #48
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick.o
    Isn't that against MLB rules?
    There's gonna be a hearing...
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  4. #49
    Released Outright StaceyRosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dominican Republic North

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    No more hearings please...

  5. #50
    Released Outright ACPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Princeton, NJ

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    Does anybody else find it a bit, I don't know, creepy that Curt is monitoring and chatting on this board?

    And I mean that in the most positive sense of the word creepy
    "Talk is cheap."


  6. #51
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by gehrig38
    In exchage for a 1000 dollar donation to ALS if I don't?
    I will take that bet.
    If you bet this aggressive in that Celebrity Poker thing, you realize you would still be playing poker, right?

    But noooo, now I get to see Brad Garrett in a NY Yankee hat every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  7. #52
    NYYF Legend

    yanksphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nühamshä

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    just an update from the Boston Globe:

    Facing Boston's Triple A team yesterday, Schilling threw 37 pitches over three innings, connecting on 24 for strikes. Bill Mueller, who led off all three innings against Schilling, hit a double to center and Dave Berg doubled to left. Raymond "Chip" Ambres took him over the wall for a two-run homer in the third. Schilling struck out three and did not walk a batter.
    Sorry, I still see him on the mound at YS on April 3.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

  8. #53

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    just an update from the Boston Globe:



    Sorry, I still see him on the mound at YS on April 3.
    hopefully. he will provide for a great pitching matchup, and a $1,000 to Jim's site
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?


  9. #54
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    The only sure thing right now is that he either will or will not pitch on opening night.
    Complaining is a choice

  10. #55
    NYYF Legend

    yanksphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nühamshä

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    The only sure thing right now is that he either will or will not pitch on opening night.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

  11. #56
    Released Outright StaceyRosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dominican Republic North

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    I actually think he won't pitch Opening Day.

  12. #57

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    hopefully. he will provide for a great pitching matchup, and a $1,000 to Jim's site
    So if he doesn't, are you prepared to give $1000 to ALS?

  13. #58
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by NDBoston
    So if he doesn't, are you prepared to give $1000 to ALS?
    I was wondering who was going to bring that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  14. #59
    1931-2011 hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the river

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    I was wondering who was going to bring that up.
    The real question: Who is Raymond "Chip" Ambres, and why can't Schilling get him out?
    Rocking that "arrogant Yankee fan" attitude.

  15. #60

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by NDBoston
    So if he doesn't, are you prepared to give $1000 to ALS?
    i wasn't the one who proposed a bet, i was just giving them ideas

    i make a donation every year to ALS and Make a Wish, but i'm a college student, i can't afford $1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?


  16. #61
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    i wasn't the one who proposed a bet, i was just giving them ideas

    i make a donation every year to ALS and Make a Wish, but i'm a college student, i can't afford $1,000
    $1000 is a lot of money for a College Student.
    $1000 is a lot less money for a man making Millions of Dollars a year.
    Complaining is a choice

  17. #62

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    $1000 is a lot of money for a College Student.
    $1000 is a lot less money for a man making Millions of Dollars a year.
    Now that's the truth. $1000 would pay for a couple dissertation hours. I couldn't imagine having an extra $1000 to give to charity. You have to be REAL comfortable or rich to think that way.

  18. #63
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    i wasn't the one who proposed a bet, i was just giving them ideas

    i make a donation every year to ALS and Make a Wish, but i'm a college student, i can't afford $1,000

    I have an idea.

    Even though I am taking Curt Schilling at his word, I'll pledge $25.00 to ALS in this NYYFAN.com's name if he doesn't start the first game. Anyone else with me on this?

    If we can get enough takers, perhaps Curt Schilling will match the wager. And give our friend and Rasselroff an honorable out, as well as support a fine charity to boot.

    If one of our friends from SOSH could post the specifics of the charity, I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  19. #64

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    I have an idea.

    Even though I am taking Curt Schilling at his word, I'll pledge $25.00 to ALS in this NYYFAN.com's name if he doesn't start the first game. Anyone else with me on this?

    If we can get enough takers, perhaps Curt Schilling will match the wager. And give our friend and Rasselroff an honorable out, as well as support a fine charity to boot.

    If one of our friends from SOSH could post the specifics of the charity, I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks.
    I'd go for $25 for EVERY start he misses

    What's $25 x 30?
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

  20. #65
    fans fan RootN4Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Nowhere,USA

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    http://www.curtspitchforals.org/curt/

    All donations can be made here. I can support this, even thou I hope Curt pitches. As a P.T. I lose too many patients/friends a year to such a cruel disease.
    Don't mess with karma!

  21. #66

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Don't make the bets Do the math, if I am on the DL at seasons start I cannot pitch in a game until 15 days after the last game I started in Spring Training that required paid admission. I am starting Friday vs Minnesota. It's not gonna happen unfortunately, or fortunately depening on how nasty RJ is that day.
    I will do this though, every dollar donated from this boards members to Curts Pitch I will match there, and mirror that donation to this site, as long as you newbs don't say anything.

  22. #67
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Related to ALS, I just bought the new Lou Gehrig bio written by Jonathan Eig. Looks very good from what I've perused so far, I'm on my way for some spring training and have some reading material.
    Life is good!

  23. #68
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Despite all that's said about you here Curt... your work for ALS is amazing. I lost an uncle to the disease. It needs to be wiped out.

    Thank you.
    Complaining is a choice

  24. #69
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by gehrig38
    Don't make the bets Do the math, if I am on the DL at seasons start I cannot pitch in a game until 15 days after the last game I started in Spring Training that required paid admission. I am starting Friday vs Minnesota. It's not gonna happen unfortunately, or fortunately depening on how nasty RJ is that day.
    I will do this though, every dollar donated from this boards members to Curts Pitch I will match there, and mirror that donation to this site, as long as you newbs don't say anything.
    There you have it guys.

    I'm down for $25.00.

    Who's next?
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  25. #70

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by gehrig38
    I will do this though, every dollar donated from this boards members to Curts Pitch I will match there, and mirror that donation to this site, as long as you newbs don't say anything.
    Well, I just donated $100. Folks, this is for a really good cause, and I'm not talking about any money that might find it's way to this site. If Curt is willing to match any donations we here at NYYFans might make to Curts Pitch with his own money, I urge anyone who can to donate regardless of what your personal feelings about Curt or the Red Sox may be. ALS is a terrible disease and the costs of caring for patients who suffer from ALS are considerable so the donations we make are truly going to help people who really need it.

    -Deborah
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

    I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

  26. #71
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    That's $125 so far guys.

    $100 from the Voice of Reason.
    $25 from the Voice of ... well, me.

    Let's keep it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  27. #72
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    There you have it guys.

    I'm down for $25.00.

    Who's next?
    I am. $25 for me. Just did it. I encourage anyone that can to do the same.
    Life is good!

  28. #73
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    That's $125 so far guys.

    $100 from the Voice of Reason.
    $25 from the Voice of ... well, me.

    Let's keep it going.
    Correction, $150!
    Life is good!

  29. #74
    fans fan RootN4Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Nowhere,USA

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    I will donate $25.


    I had a friend named Bruce. I never once heard his voice. My job was to teach him how to walk with a walker and to pervent his falls. He had ALS. I treated him on and off for 6 months.

    During the 2003 playoffs I brought him back a believe ralley towel. He loved it. Whenever he wanted the therapist he waved the towel.

    I went to his wake. He had his believe towel. His wife said he always kept that. She wanted him to always have it.

    This man has forever touched me and I never heard his voice.

    I will gladly give $25.
    Don't mess with karma!

  30. #75
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    I'm not one for soapboxes, but as much as Curt gets a hard time by Yankee fans, it is only in the spirit of the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry. The work he does for ALS is inspiring. I do hope that people can/will donate whatever they are comfortable doing. ALS has got to be one of the cruelest diseases out there and even if a cure isn't in the offing soon, hopefully ways of making it less uncomfortable can be found at the very least.
    Life is good!

  31. #76
    NYYF Legend

    TommyK8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by gehrig38
    Don't make the bets Do the math, if I am on the DL at seasons start I cannot pitch in a game until 15 days after the last game I started in Spring Training that required paid admission. I am starting Friday vs Minnesota. It's not gonna happen unfortunately, or fortunately depening on how nasty RJ is that day.
    I will do this though, every dollar donated from this boards members to Curts Pitch I will match there, and mirror that donation to this site, as long as you newbs don't say anything.
    Curt takes a lot of guff for being perceived to be outspoken, but I maintain this guy is in a league of his own. How many major league baseball players actually visit fan sites and speak to the fans? Especially the fan site of the arch-rivals? I think he is more down to earth than most people think. As for his work with charities, Curt has raised the level of awareness for both ALS and also skin cancer. ALS is a horrible disease for which there is no cure, and the incidence of skin cancers continue to increase. Putting these diseases in the spotlight raises money for both, but also creates hope for those who are afflicted or have a family member or friend who is battling the disease.

    All this goes to Curt Schilling's character. And as a baseball player, Red Sox fans everywhere owe him (and all the 2004 Red Sox) a giant thank you for giving us something I personally thought I would never experience-the World Championship.

  32. #77
    fans fan RootN4Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Nowhere,USA

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Are we sending it in one lump?

    Tell me where to send my scratch?
    Don't mess with karma!

  33. #78
    Released Outright StaceyRosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dominican Republic North

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8

    All this goes to Curt Schilling's character. And as a baseball player, Red Sox fans everywhere owe him (and all the 2004 Red Sox) a giant thank you for giving us something I personally thought I would never experience-the World Championship.
    You could have sent that in a PM....

  34. #79
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by RootN4Rocket
    Are we sending it in one lump?

    Tell me where to send my scratch?
    I'm planning to send it by myself and put it courtesy of Archer1979 from NYYFans.com.

    We should try to keep a running total to make it easier for Gehrig38 to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  35. #80
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by RootN4Rocket
    Are we sending it in one lump?

    Tell me where to send my scratch?
    I sent mine to the link you provided above.
    Life is good!

  36. #81
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    I'm planning to send it by myself and put it courtesy of Archer1979 from NYYFans.com.

    We should try to keep a running total to make it easier for Gehrig38 to match.
    I didn't think of doing that. Well if anyone needs proof/verification, I could supply the e-mail address I sent mine from.
    Life is good!

  37. #82
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I didn't think of doing that. Well if anyone needs proof/verification, I could supply the e-mail address I sent mine from.

    So thanks to RootN4Rocket, we now have $175.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  38. #83
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    So thanks to RootN4Rocket, we now have $175.
    I would love to see us get at least to $500 if not $1,000.
    Life is good!

  39. #84
    Released Outright StaceyRosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dominican Republic North

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I would love to see us get at least to $500 if not $1,000.
    That shouldn't be a problem.

  40. #85
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I would love to see us get at least to $500 if not $1,000.
    So is this the first thread ever hijacked for a worthy cause?

    By the way, I would love to see $1,000 as well if for no other reason than to preserve Rhodey's honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  41. #86
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979
    So is this the first thread ever hijacked for a worthy cause?

    By the way, I would love to see $1,000 as well if for no other reason than to preserve Rhodey's honor.
    I think we will, get there and then raise the goal some more.
    Life is good!

  42. #87

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I sent mine to the link you provided above.
    I did too and there's a spot where you put who it's in honor of I put NYYFans.com.

    -Deborah
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

    I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

  43. #88
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jun 2004

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    I always new this thread would go places. Add $50.

  44. #89
    Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJBNYC
    I always new this thread would go places. Add $50.

    Great. Thanks JJBNYC. That's $225.

    Anyone else???
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos


    EDIT: I hate you guys.

  45. #90

    Re: Curt Won't Start Opening Night. Seriously.

    Damn that Curt Schilling... making it harder for me to boo him ruthlessly from the pleasure of my coach.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts