+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 335
  1. #126
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Auction League Questions

    What is the status of someone like Garza. Who is listed as "minors" for me, but is on the ML roster and will probably start in Tampa?

  2. #127
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    It means he was a Minors keeper last year.
    You can renew him for one year at $5 and lose him in 2009
    or
    You can sign him to a long term contract for 2, 3 or 4 years.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  3. #128
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Ah okay. Thanks.

  4. #129
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON

    Re: Auction League Questions

    A question: players listed as DH count towards what in our rosters? The Utility spot?
    Proud supporter of the NY Yankees, NY Giants, FC Liverpool and Rapid Bucharest

  5. #130
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo
    A question: players listed as DH count towards what in our rosters? The Utility spot?
    Yes, if they are only DH eligible, then they can ony be used at the DH spot.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  6. #131
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Auction League Questions

    When is the expansion draft?

  7. #132
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Today, 10am

    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=109907

    you are on the clock in 20 mins.

    the list of eligible players is also in that thread in Excel format.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  8. #133
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Today, 10am

    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=109907

    you are on the clock in 20 mins.

    the list of eligible players is also in that thread in Excel format.
    Since there is a 12 hour clock, does that mean I can be 30 minutes late and still pick first?

  9. #134
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Since there is a 12 hour clock, does that mean I can be 30 minutes late and still pick first?
    I guess it means you can pick until 10 PM. If you don't pick by then, you lose your pick.
    I hope you won't do like the pro teams and wait until the very last second to make an obvious pick that you've chosen ages ago
    Proud supporter of the NY Yankees, NY Giants, FC Liverpool and Rapid Bucharest

  10. #135
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Since there is a 12 hour clock, does that mean I can be 30 minutes late and still pick first?
    Yes. You are on the clock at 10am; lose your pick at 10pm, but the hope is nobody takes 12 hours to make their picks.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  11. #136
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo
    I guess it means you can pick until 10 PM. If you don't pick by then, you lose your pick.
    I hope you won't do like the pro teams and wait until the very last second to make an obvious pick that you've chosen ages ago
    Exactly.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  12. #137
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Yes. You are on the clock at 10am; lose your pick at 10pm, but the hope is nobody takes 12 hours to make their picks.
    I have my pick - but I won't be back until 1030 - so I'll post it in the other thread.

  13. #138
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    I have my pick - but I won't be back until 1030 - so I'll post it in the other thread.
    OK.

    We will all be waiting with anticipation.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  14. #139
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Done - The player I picked, I could have sworn you said wouldn't be available.

  15. #140
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Done - The player I picked, I could have sworn you said wouldn't be available.
    Yes, but then the team Howard was on:

    1) Never paid for the league
    2) Never announced keepers by a long-established deadline

    so they were disbanded and all their players made available for the expansion draft.

    You lucked out, big time.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  16. #141
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON

    Re: Auction League Questions

    I see most teams have 2 or 3 closers on their rosters, and no relief pitchers (besides the closers, and Joba of course ). Is there a rule concerning this, or can we pick how many starters / closers / relievers we want, as long as we have 9 pitchers?
    Proud supporter of the NY Yankees, NY Giants, FC Liverpool and Rapid Bucharest

  17. #142
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo
    I see most teams have 2 or 3 closers on their rosters, and no relief pitchers (besides the closers, and Joba of course ). Is there a rule concerning this, or can we pick how many starters / closers / relievers we want, as long as we have 9 pitchers?
    You can pick as many relievers or starters as you want in this league.

    Middle-relievers/set up guys don't do much because we don't score 'holds'; but they help in ERA, WHIP and K's...and if a closer goes down, could of course be a cheap source of saves.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  18. #143
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    You can pick as many relievers or starters as you want in this league.

    Middle-relievers/set up guys don't do much because we don't score 'holds'; but they help in ERA, WHIP and K's...and if a closer goes down, could of course be a cheap source of saves.

    Don't we have an innings floor, though?
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  19. #144
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch
    Don't we have an innings floor, though?
    yes, 900 IP. But even if you have only 3 SP, you should be able to hit 900 IP.

    (3 SP * 180 IP = 540; 6 RP * 60 IP = 360, 540 + 360 = 900)

    But I can't see anyone punting wins and strikeouts like that; or having 6 RP who are more than set up guys...

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  20. #145
    NYYF Legend

    yanksphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nühamshä

    Re: Auction League Questions

    So what are we playing for this year?

    Winner plays for free next year?

  21. #146
    NYYF Legend

    yanksphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nühamshä

    Re: Auction League Questions

    What is the Minor League draft order?
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

  22. #147
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    After each MLB team has played at least one regular-season game, a four-round minor league draft will take place to pick the four minor league players for each team. Teams will draft in reverse order of the previous year's finish for the first round, continuing in a serpentine manner for each subsequent round. Expansion teams (see below) will get the first picks in the first round, in the order in which they were added to the league.

    I have to see if anyone kept all 4 minor leaguers, but tentatively it is:

    THEBOSS84
    ChrisRo
    rodg12
    Striking Back
    The A-Team v.2008
    New York Knights
    The Russell Peters Experiment
    Ruthian Blast
    Sycamore Style
    Kings of Arbitration
    Bitches Brew

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  23. #148
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    I have to see if anyone kept all 4 minor leaguers, but tentatively it is:

    THEBOSS84
    ChrisRo
    rodg12
    Striking Back
    The A-Team v.2008
    New York Knights
    The Russell Peters Experiment
    Ruthian Blast
    Sycamore Style
    Kings of Arbitration
    Bitches Brew
    I remember one team saying that it was keeping all 4 minor leaguers - just can't remember which.

  24. #149
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    I remember one team saying that it was keeping all 4 minor leaguers - just can't remember which.
    Kings of Arbitration.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  25. #150
    Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Auction League Questions

    Going through rosters, the Minors Draft will be:

    FIRST ROUND

    THEBOSS84
    ChrisRo
    rodg12
    Striking Back
    The A-Team v.2008
    New York Knights
    The Russell Peters Experiment
    Ruthian Blast
    Sycamore Style
    Bitches Brew


    SECOND ROUND
    Ruthian Blast
    New York Knights
    The A-Team v.2008
    Striking Back
    rodg12
    ChrisRo
    THEBOSS84


    THIRD ROUND
    THEBOSS84
    ChrisRo
    rodg12
    Striking Back
    The A-Team v.2008


    FOURTH ROUND

    rodg12
    ChrisRo
    THEBOSS84

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts